PDA

View Full Version : CB4 Might Leave Toronto in 2010

raptorman12
07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
I was on Yahoo Sports! today and I saw a rumor saying how when they become free agents, LeBron is gonna head for NY or NJ (now Brooklyn) in 2010, Wade might go to Chicago and that Bosh "will flee Toronto and look at Orlando and Western Conference teams." Whaddaya guys say about this?

:speechless:

This link to the rumor is below
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors;_ylt=AgNVp0nHU1RWk023WGawtgeLvLY

raptorman12
07-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry wrong link...
Here's the right one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Deng-Rose-a-start-Bulls-need-to-target-Wade?urn=nba,97570

JermanJaysFan
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't take too much stock in things like this. Unless this guy has a direct quote from CB4 saying that he is gonzo after 2010 (and if that was true, this would be a much, much bigger story than the one line it gets here), I am not worried. Really, Bosh remaining a Raptor is up to the team. If they can make serious moves towards real contention by 2010, Bosh will have no real reason to leave the team.

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't take too much stock in things like this. Unless this guy has a direct quote from CB4 saying that he is gonzo after 2010 (and if that was true, this would be a much, much bigger story than the one line it gets here), I am not worried. Really, Bosh remaining a Raptor is up to the team. If they can make serious moves towards real contention by 2010, Bosh will have no real reason to leave the team.

Agreed. Bosh will get max money here and any other teams in the NBA. It comes down to the direction which Raptor's keep heading in. Clearly BC has made great changes in his 2 years as GM and if these changes keep happening I wouldn't be surprised if in 2010 we receive a superstar and keep Bosh along with JO. If the Bull don't acquire a consistent center, Wade will more likely reach Toronto or a Contender over Chicago.In 2010 with a health roster we are going to be consistent contenders, with 2 superstars already on the roster, thats a Wal-Mart Guarantee (lowest prices everyday).

conway429
07-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, American writers have all been saying that Bosh will go to the states. I've never heard of Orlando as a possibility before, but it's not surprising... they don't think that a player could possibly want to stay in Canada. I personally don't think that Bosh will go anywhere, but there's so many huge free agents available that year that it really doesn't matter. Besides that, I don't know if Orlando's gonna be able to afford Howard-Bosh-Lewis who would all have big contracts, so I don't know where this writer got the Magic from. Who is this guy anyways? A writer for Yahoo? meh...

Halladay
07-31-2008, 07:24 PM
In 2010? I swear I dont know how these guys get jobs...it's 20 freakin 10. Alot of things can happen from now till then. In the world of sports it's borderline retarted to look into your crystal ball and predict things years from now.

Dragan
07-31-2008, 08:35 PM
bull @$!%

how can you have a rumour for 2 years in advance. LOL. the guys who write thses articles do it because they have a quota for writing stories, and when they cant think of anything they write popular rumour stories. dont take this crap seriously.

mjt20mik
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
We'll if the Raps do bad this year and next, which i doubt they will, he will most probably leave. I remember him saying that he will only stay in this organization if they remain a contender.

dirtybird
07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Orlando will have to do a S&T for that to happen and I don't see it happening. They're capped out. They've got Howard and Lewis signed to huge deals. Nelson and Pietrus are locked up, and they'll probably do the same with Turkoglu. So essentially they've got no more money to spend (other than the MLE).

ink
07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
If Bosh leaves it won't be for a while and by then Colangelo will have worked out a deal. That's just how it works with sports. Athletes come and go.

RaPToR_FeVeR
07-31-2008, 10:11 PM
If Bosh leaves it won't be for a while and by then Colangelo will have worked out a deal. That's just how it works with sports. Athletes come and go.

Yea i agree. But the issue is, its hard to let go after a long time. Watching Raptors ball wasn't the same when Carter left. It's going to be the same, if Bosh decides to leave.

I don't think theres any point talking about it. All American sports writers portray Toronto as the worse place to play in. Raptor players are always underrated. For example, today on ESPN during the USA v Turkey game, they admitted that Calderon may be one of the most underrated point guards in the game. The only reason for him being underrated is that he plays for Toronto.

People can guess to what is going to happen in two years. At the end of all this its really up to the Raptors organization and Bosh. Media speculation is not going to change anything.

ink
07-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Yea i agree. But the issue is, its hard to let go after a long time. Watching Raptors ball wasn't the same when Carter left. It's going to be the same, if Bosh decides to leave.

I don't think theres any point talking about it. All American sports writers portray Toronto as the worse place to play in. Raptor players are always underrated. For example, today on ESPN during the USA v Turkey game, they admitted that Calderon may be one of the most underrated point guards in the game. The only reason for him being underrated is that he plays for Toronto.

People can guess to what is going to happen in two years. At the end of all this its really up to the Raptors organization and Bosh. Media speculation is not going to change anything.

I was SOOO happy when Carter left.

And about the under-rating, etc. It's fine if our players are under-rated. They're not badly under-rated anyway. Bosh is on the USA Olympic team!! Calderon is getting mentioned during a game he's not even in! JO, if he stays healthy, may be the player that tips the balance. It's always been the case with Canadian pro teams - at least in basketball and baseball - they just don't get respect. But if you ask Joe Carter, Devon White, or Robbie Alomar what their best professional experience was, they will say in Toronto. And they say it on both sides of the border. I'm not too worried. We need to relax about this stuff. If we win, the players won't leave. If we don't, they will want out - like in every other city. It's no more complicated than that IMO.

Reezy
07-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Raptors need to find a way to keep Bosh. I'm pretty sure they'll accomplish that.

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
the article was written to give Bulls fans hope that they will get Wade. They want to make it sound like none of the players have a connection with their current teams.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Isnt he from texas? did Tim not take a huge cut from his salary? arent ginobili and bowen expiring too in 10?

Makes me wonder.

Anyway the organisation should talk seriously to him about it, because if he is planing to leave anyway its better to trade him at seasons end and at least get something in return.

tuk420
08-01-2008, 12:27 AM
NAH He's not going anywhere.... He'll ride it out until just about the end of his career if we don't have a championship by then and then jump ship to get a ring....Although I hate to say it in two years when O'neal's contract is up Bargnani should have enough experience against back-ups to take on starters And I dont even like the guy

mpickup
08-01-2008, 08:19 AM
The same year Bosh is a free agent, JO's huge contract will also be coming off the books. So, not only will we be re-signing Bosh in 2010, but we'll also be going after a second star that year....maybe Bargnani doesn't pan out, and we go for amare....maybe JO has an amazing 2 years and we re-sign him....maybe LeBron marries Celine Dion and wants to live in Canada and play for their only team!!!! It's hard to guess what's gonna happen next week in the NBA....so 2 years from now is a bit of a stretch!

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Too much guessing goes on here with this. Why would he leave now after the JO move, he can see BC is buuilding a team and is looking to contend. Toronto can offer him more cash as well than any other team. Dont see why he would leave at this point.. Next question!

_Sn1P3r_
08-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Too much guessing goes on here with this. Why would he leave now after the JO move, he can see BC is buuilding a team and is looking to contend. Toronto can offer him more cash as well than any other team. Dont see why he would leave at this point.. Next question!

Hope you're right. I wish CB4 will stay come 2010.

*Superman*
08-02-2008, 09:48 PM
To Orlando? Sounds like a good idea to me! I know i am going to sound bias, and i probably am, but Howard and Bosh are real good friends. Also, if Bosh is smart enough, he would know that Howard and him would make probably the best C/PF duo in the NBA at that time.

coolmo
08-02-2008, 10:05 PM
so, i guess howard and bosh will be playing together in red uniform, not in blue, after howard's contract expires. because they are good friends and howard is not a dumb, he would know that he and bosh would make probably the best C/PF duo in NBA at that time PLUS, with the best 3 point shooter around them PLUS great PG running the team PLUS much more. :D

Dragan
08-02-2008, 10:59 PM
so what if he leavs. Every time an allstar left us we got another one, and everytime we improved and the player got in some way better than the previous. plus we got BC, so we will do well. no worries.

Reezy
08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
the article was written to give Bulls fans hope that they will get Wade. They want to make it sound like none of the players have a connection with their current teams.
Are the Bulls just trying to make a team of players who were raised in Chicago?

*Superman*
08-03-2008, 01:43 AM
so, i guess howard and bosh will be playing together in red uniform, not in blue, after howard's contract expires. because they are good friends and howard is not a dumb, he would know that he and bosh would make probably the best C/PF duo in NBA at that time PLUS, with the best 3 point shooter around them PLUS great PG running the team PLUS much more. :D

The funny thing is that Bosh's contract expires before Howard's meaning that he would be Howard's sidekick in ORLANDO, and they would also have Rashard Lewis around them, PLUS they will have an improved Jameer Nelson running the team.:D

ink
08-03-2008, 02:18 AM
this is all science fiction. No one can predict the future. These "anxiety" threads are in every forum.

Vancouver Canucks - will Luongo leave? :ohno:
Toronto Blue Jays - will Roy Halladay leave? :ohno:
Toronto Raptors - will Chris Bosh leave? :ohno:
Cleveland Cavaliers - will Lebron James leave? :ohno:

Bob_at_york
08-03-2008, 02:54 AM
The funny thing is that Bosh's contract expires before Howard's meaning that he would be Howard's sidekick in ORLANDO, and they would also have Rashard Lewis around them, PLUS they will have an improved Jameer Nelson running the team.:D

will the magic have any cap space at that point?

reevanson
08-03-2008, 04:57 AM
these articles drive me nuts, its just some dude spewin his BS with no sources just his word. this isnt even a rumor its some dudes fantasy world.

khanraymond
08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Bosh To Orlando In 2012?
Authored by Alex Kennedy - August 3, 2008 - 3:38 pm
Which New York borough is LeBron's favorite? Will he sign with the Nets because of Jay-Z? Will he be tempted to flee to Europe if Olympiakos make a big enough offer?

While most of the talk regarding the NBA's 2010 free agent class has been around King James and where he will choose to settle his throne, there are other stars who could be switching cities as well.

One of those stars is Toronto Raptors' forward Chris Bosh.

Several days ago, the Chicago Sun-Times' Jay Mariotti wrote an article that listed possible destinations for the free agency class' top stars. He reports that in 2010, "[Chris] Bosh will flee Toronto and look at Orlando and Western Conference teams."

While brief, that statement got me thinking. Why wouldn't Bosh want to come play for the Magic?

With Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, and Courtney Lee being the only players locked up through the 2010-2011 season, the Magic could afford the big man.

Combined, Orlando's total committed salary sits at $49,990,263. Compare this to Boston's cap numbers last season ($78,019,509) and you can see that anything is possible. (Sorry KG, I had to.)

Now let's take a look at some other things that could factor into Bosh's decision.

First of all, it is well known that he and Dwight Howard have been close friends ever since they bonded while playing for Team USA in 2006.

"After we talked I saw he was a lighthearted guy, he loves joking, and he just plays hard on the court. He's my good friend," said Bosh.

Upon securing the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference as well as a playoff matchup against Howard and the Magic last year, Bosh joked that he would "tell [Dwight] I'm really excited to be coming down there, and to open up his home, let me visit."

But this isn't just about two friends having fun together. Both players know that their skill sets complement one another perfectly.

Chris Bosh is a finesse player with a silky smooth jump shot and an arsenal of offensive moves. Dwight Howard is an athletic freak who relies on his power and physical gifts to force the ball through the basket.

Bosh is a long and lanky forward who can hit circus shots while drawing fouls. Howard is a ripped, powerful center for whom defenses have no answer other than to foul him or try their best not to let him get position in the paint (which is much easier said than done).

Put these two in the same front court and the opposition is going to have problems.

In the playoff matchup between Toronto and Orlando, Howard single handedly won games for the Magic (he averaged 23 PPG, 18.2 RPG, and 3.8 BPG throughout the series) while Bosh's efforts (an impressive 24 PPG, 9 RPG, 3.6 APG during the five games) kept his team close to Orlando.

Not to mention Orlando will still have Rashard Lewis spreading the floor and scoring at will from the wing position. We've seen some pretty talented trios in the NBA recently but Howard, Bosh, and Lewis may take the cake.

Just in case Orlando's potential, playing with his buddy Dwight, and the good weather we have here in Florida aren't enough to entice the young star, there's more.

He can make more money playing for the Magic because the state of Florida has no state income taxes. So if he gets an offer from another team that looks of equal value, keep in mind he'll still be making more if he's donning blue and silver.

Another thing that will help Orlando in their push for Bosh is that Dallas (the forward's hometown) won't have the money in 2010 to pursue a big name free agent of Bosh's stature.

As of right now, they have $65,527,724 committed amongst six players. In comparison, Orlando's total salary for this upcoming season will be $66,576,798 split amongst 12 players. Basically, the Mavericks will barely have the money to fill out their roster, let alone splurge on an up and coming star.

The Magic seem to have all of the ingredients necessary to lure Bosh to "The Happiest Place on Earth." Cap space, good weather, Dwight's begging, no income tax, and little competition from Chris' hometown team could all play a role in Bosh bolting from Toronto to the Sunshine State.

While the 2010 offseason is still 23 months away, Magic fans will surely be waiting in anticipation to see whether or not these two good friends will someday form a spectacular one-two punch that would instantly turn Orlando into a championship contender.
http://magic.******.com/articles/66/20080803/bosh_to_orlando_in_2012/

why do american writers always write about Raptor superstars leaving for the states - mentioning market, weather, being close to home, etc.
But why not write about the markets and weather in Milwaukee, Minnesota or New Jersey.

Does this writer fail to realize how much money will have to sign back bosh, resign sign another superstar wing man to go along with him, and maybe retain O'Neal.

Ramon Nivar
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Jay Marrioti wrote the article originally, take his opinion for what it's worth. Which is nothing IMO.

North Yorker
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, Orlando has that much cap space after signing Howard and Lewis to ridiculous contracts? Something doesn't add up. We could just as easily as khanraymond said, re-sign Bosh to a max contract, and then go out and get a very good wing player and there you have it . A big 3 of Jose, Bosh and FA. Maybe we even re-sign O'neal at a much reduced price.

These american writers should go back to playing NBA live on their playstations instead of writing about hypotheticals 2 years early

travesy3
08-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I only want Bosh to stay if we can put a championship team around him. I don't want what happened to KG to happen to Bosh.

AgentViet
08-03-2008, 06:17 PM
:laugh:

argo
08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
is this what they call journalism down there?

Cortez
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
we might as well talk about D.Howard coming to toronto
u kno because he is good friends with Chris
and because of the weather
also because the Raps are on the rise

****ing idiot

reevanson
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
what a joke of an article,

maybe i sould write one about d-wade, howard, paul, bronbron, and bosh being on the raps in 2010, it would have about as much credibilty.

Alex Kennedy why dont you do us all a favor and relax for the summer rather that write BS articles

lovingTO
08-03-2008, 10:27 PM
A message to all the worried raptors fans:

STOP GETTING YOUR BACKS UP ABOUT EVERY STUPID BOSH ARTICLE!

The american media has never given the raptors franchise any real respect. I thought all of you guys would have accepted it by now? They will write what they write, but in the end, as long as we've got the making for a serious contender come 2010, Bosh isn't going anywhere.

Dragan
08-03-2008, 10:34 PM
LOL. we got more Bosh leaving threads than Andrea is a bust.

lol. people chill.

Goon.Weezy
08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
we might as well talk about D.Howard coming to toronto
u kno because he is good friends with Chris
and because of the weather
also because the Raps are on the rise

Fukin idiot

HAHAHA because of the weather......who doesnt love Canada's weather

_Sn1P3r_
08-04-2008, 01:50 AM
We need to be really good and do well in the playoffs to keep Bosh or else he'll want to leave.

The Wise 1
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
LOL. we got more Bosh leaving threads than Andrea is a bust.

lol. people chill.

I can change that if you want :)

*Superman*
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Saying their is no chance Bosh will leave is like saying Lebron won't leave the Cavs, anything can happen. No offense, but its not like you guys have accomplished a lot so you can rule out his leaving.

cdnsportsfan
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Same old same old, every time the Raptors have a good player on their team every other team in the league has a better chance of acquiring them than the Raps have of retaining their services. Calderon just recently was going to be swiped away by Chicago or Miami or someone else offering money down south, and now Bosh will go to Orlando in 2010? American sports writers on the whole disrespect Toronto, so I put little to no basis in what they have to say about something, sorry 2 years off...really? Who was predicting KG and Ray Allen to Boston 2 yrs before it happened? Show me that person and I'll put more stock in this story. For now, not even something to be considered a rumour.

And just to clarify I'm not upset with the idea of Bosh leaving that happens with sports, players come and go, but I am tired of this routine as yet another American writer downplays the possibility that Toronto could be a destination players may actually want to flock to (say it ain't so!). Guess that's part of the game being the only "outsider" team in the NBA though...

cdnsportsfan
08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
No offense, but its not like you guys have accomplished a lot so you can rule out his leaving.

Compared to the Magic's.....what again? The Raps also won their division recently, but I guess that extra round of playoffs makes Orlando that much more desirable a destination. But hey since LeBron is apparently thinking of jumping ship one year out of making the Finals with his team, the league MAY BE that fickle :cool: