PDA

View Full Version : With Artest and Battier how would you defend Kobe or CP3 in a series?

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 03:22 PM
With Artest and Battier on the team how would you defend Kobe or CP3 in a series?

It's obvious the Rockets would never double anyone on the perimeter again with two top defenders in the league on wing. However considering that, what is the best strategy for defending someone like Kobe or CP3 now?

Do you just allow Battier to defend either or for 1 quarter and then switch Artest on them the next quarter? Do you switch off every play to give them different defenders and a different type of defense?

What is the best way to defend those guys now?

prash
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
The same way Utah defends McGrady.. Send a different guy at them throughout the game.

bball1217
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Keep switching them, until we find out who defends who best.

Chronz
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Rafer will still guard the PG's and hes one of the elite ball hounders in the league, he doesnt apply the pressure that the best defensive guards usually do but he always stays in front of his man plus he has quick hands. I love when Rafer gambles because if it doesnt result in a steal hes still in front of his man.

As for the star scoring guard/SF, it really depends on the lineup they have on the floor

I expect Artest to get his fair share of stopper duty but Battier will be the primary guy on Kobe, it makes the most coaching sense. Allows Artest to dominate offensively and if hes going to play alongside Battier hes going to need to save some of that against the bigger PF's. If Tmac isnt out there then theres no problem both of them could switch onto the perimeter player and really our best lineup against a star guy like Bron or Kobe would be to have Battier, Artest, Hayes as the 2-4 combo.

kimchi'sworld
07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I agree that you could switch the players on kobe, but I would keep battier on him, because why fix something that isn't broke, and also to note tmac can still guard kobe decently when he switches on to him. the problem for the lakers now is who's kobe going to guard tmac, rafer, artest

Wizard of O's
08-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Rafer is a pretty good defender and I like him on Paul.

For Kobe I'd just use Battier on the perimeter to force kobe to go inside and either have Yao or Artest there for support.