PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal: Bay to Rays off unless Miracle happens

Wrigleyboy25
07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Rays to Acquire Bay

With the three-way deal between the Pirates, Red Sox, and Marlins falling through, an MLB.com source says that the Rays are going to acquire right-handed hitting outfielder Jason Bay for Minor League prospects including shortstop Reid Brignac and right-hander Jeff Niemann. The Rays have not confirmed the deal.

--Bill Chastain

http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/07/rays_to_acquire_bay.html

PapelbonLester
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
cmon this aint official dont put it as BAY TO THE RAYS......pretty sure BAY was a Sox earlier...well see in the next hour. espn news has said nothing but that there talking about it

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
There was never a report that said "Bay was a member of the Red Sox" the way that they're saying Bay is a Ray.

I think Bay = Ray. Sucks for us.

Wrigleyboy25
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Not so fast:

Bay not a Ray ... yet
As the deadline quickly approaches, rumors were abuzz that Jason Bay was headed to Tampa in return for shortstop Reid Brignac and pitcher Jeff Niemann. But not so fast.

A source has told me there is no done deal... yet. One of the above names has not been made available. I've got no confirmation on this, but my guess is that Brignac is the one the Rays won't part with.

More as this develops...

http://minors.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/07/bay_not_a_ray_yet.html

PapelbonLester
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
hahaha good i will HATE to see bay in a Rays UNI

-Lavigne43-
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
A high level Rays official denied that a deal for Jason Bay with the Pirates was done.
One lone MLB.com beat reporter is still the only one saying that a deal is done, while many others are saying talks are still ongoing. According to the previous report, Bay is on the way to Tampa Bay for Reid Brignac and Jeff Niemann. For what it's worth, Peter Gammons keeps saying that Rays people still think Bay will go to Boston in a Manny Ramirez deal.

roto

RedSoxtober
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
As the deadline quickly approaches, rumors were abuzz that Jason Bay was headed to Tampa in return for shortstop Reid Brignac and pitcher Jeff Niemann. But not so fast.

A source has told me there is no done deal... yet. One of the above names has not been made available. I've got no confirmation on this, but my guess is that Brignac is the one the Rays won't part with.
Source: MLB.com (same source as the original)

-Lavigne43-
07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
The Rays' pursuit of Pirates outfielder Jason Bay is off "unless a miracle happens," a source close to the negotiations told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
Incredible. Rosenthal thinks the Manny talks may be back on. The trade deadline has technically official passed, but that doesn't mean much. By the time the rumors filter out, they're probably an hour or so old anyway

roto

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 04:08 PM
:pray:

Come on Pirates! You know you want to trade Bay to a team that doesn't rhyme with his last name!

Jonathan2323
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
whats going on is it dead

Superiority
07-31-2008, 04:30 PM
good