PDA

View Full Version : Boston's fans thoughts on the East?

PhillySportFan
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Who are you going to be most worried about next year in the East? Obviously I'm a Sixers fan and they can challenge I think this year as long as we resign Iggy and Lou and all players are healthy. I'm not saying we'll necessiarly win the championship but we can have the opportunity. I would imagine your worried about the Cav's to, there always a handful with LeBron. And whoever else. Let me know your thoughts.

op12
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
philly will be aight, i just dont think they have the star power to do too much damage. iggy will have to really tear it up. lebron is always scary but needs help. i am most worried about the magic, if they can get a solid sg in that lineup, they will be tough.

Arac
07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
The whole East is getting tougher. I wanna know how will Miami end its offseason. Orlando has always been a threat, I hope to see more of them. As always, Detroit is a concern, especially now that they want to change their squad. Yes, Philly too will be a problem IF you guys resign Iguodala and Lou.

ZHawk1123
08-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I ain't never scared...

kvrnm
08-01-2008, 05:04 PM
cleveland scares me most cus they play great defense

JimmyMal450
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Cleveland definitley scared me the most during the playoffs, where they were able to shut down our offense for most of the series. Detroit doesn't scare me as much anymore. I feel as another Eastern Conference Finals loss comes their way they are declining as a team.

As for Philly, until I see how they play together I'm not too scared. Of course they have incredible potential to be a finals contender, we'll have to wait and see how good they play, especially on Defense.

Doylerules90
08-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Cleveland is the only team that scares me. I think the Celtics take the East again next year.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Cleveland is the only team that scares me. I think the Celtics take the East again next year.

but once agian they have done nothing to improve....its still just lbj

im lookin forward to the celtics 6ers battles agian :)

jayhawks34
08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
No one in the east is any kind of competition for the Celtics, they blew everyone out at home by a considerable margin most games last year if they continue with that Celtics dominating the east will take care of itself

Repeat in 09'

berserker74
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
champions should never be scared. we not only beat up on the east, but we DOMINATED the "best in the west" also. we went something like 25-5 against the west and obviously dominated the lakers in the finals. what's there to be scared of?

we are the kings of the mountain until we are knocked off and i don't see why we can't repeat this year. we obviously have the talent!

CELTICS4LYFE
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
champions should never be scared. we not only beat up on the east, but we DOMINATED the "best in the west" also. we went something like 25-5 against the west and obviously dominated the lakers in the finals. what's there to be scared of?

we are the kings of the mountain until we are knocked off and i don't see why we can't repeat this year. we obviously have the talent!

who said we were scared??? lol

fabian11593
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM

The Celtics will take the East, but my LAKERS WILL WIN THE TITLE!!!

PhillySportFan
08-07-2008, 02:13 PM

You have talent, but it's aging talent. I don't think the East will be like last year, Celtics also HAVE to have the same intensity as last year, sometimes after winning a championship it's hard to have that need for a championship. Let me put it this way, I don't think there going to start 20-0, so they won't jump out like they did last year real early. All that said, I think they can repeat but I don't think it will be as easy as last year.

Ryno
08-07-2008, 02:49 PM
The Celtics will take the East, but my LAKERS WILL WIN THE TITLE!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PSquared34MVP
08-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I think Toronto is going to open some eyes this season. They had the best 3pt percentage in the league last season and now they have Jermaine and Bosh down low. Should be hard to defend them.
New Jersey should be pretty good, they finally got a decent big man to help Carter out and they've signed a bunch of veterans.
Philly should be the most improved team obviously with the addition of Elton Brand but they NEED to sign Andre.
Miami HAS to improve(theres no way they can do worse than last season...:)) but I'm not so sure how good they'll be.
Detroit is always a threat but if Kwame Brown can somehow find a way to fit into they're defense, they're going to be a problem.
Lastly, I think the Bucks should improve greatly with the addition of Richard Jefferson. They gave up Yi but Bogut can definitely step up in his absence.
All the other teams will be basically the same.
Now as for any of those teams actually CHALLENGING the Celtics...I think the main problem is going to be Philly(IF they sign Andre) since we'll be playing them a lot. Detroit is going to give us a hard time like always and Toronto gave us a hard time last season so they should be a tough opponent. As for the teams I didn't mention...the Celtics will have a problem with Orlando, Cleveland and PERHAPS Miami.

celticfan
08-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Sixers look pretty tough, as do Pistons and Cavs and magic

Global Celtic
08-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Expect Miami to be back in it. D-Wade is in awesome shape (again) and they have Marion, Beasley and some nice role players.

mattpetisce2
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
cavs are the only threat to the celtics

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Its evident the teams out EAST have been doing a little remodeling. I like what Philly has done. Anytime you add and Elton Brand your going to improve DRASTICALLY. is he injury prone? we will find out. They could be a a legit threat. The Raptors signed the most doubted man out there. J.O. Like everyone else ill say if he stays healthy of course the Raptors can be something. Bosh is the real deal. J.O was the real deal and if he returns to form TO is going 2 have themselves and dominant tandem. The Cavs have added MO WILLIAMS which to me is NOTHING and it again seems like another year where Lebron will be putting a team on his back an seeing how far he takes them. The Magic seem like a team who could beat us. They beat the Celtics head to head in the reg. season last year an never met in the playoffs. They have the same team and added M.Pietris and also have C.Lee a s.g they drafted who i think could be a steal and possible Rookie of the year if he ends up starting in Orlando. Detroit has said there willing to make moves but more than likely will be the same squad. Which is with an on and off switch and have had it off more than on. theyll be a 1-3 seed in the east. But the Celtics are going to the Finals. They just have a desire and i think it wont change even though they won a title.