PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Charters plane to Green Bay

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
This is breaking news on ESPNEWS. Who knows if this means he is reporting to camp, or if he is meeting with management. But he is coming to town.

newdude
07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh snap, he a coming :D

STARRMAN
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Its About Time!!!

Soop
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
ESPNews reports that Brett Favre has chartered a plane to Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Whereas many teams travel, the Packers hold training camp in Green Bay and it appears as though Favre will be there on Friday. The Packers have Thursday off. We are expecting some sort of movement on this front shortly.
-rotoworld

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Hopefully the Packers get off the idea of being hell bent with Rodgers starting and leave the starting spot open for competition.

iam brett favre
07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Good. :pray: I mean :pray: that he shows up to training camp.

newdude
07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
^For real Ryan, but I hope they don't lock him out -___-

SDteacher
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
No way they lock him out. I think everyone learned from the McNair situation. I don't know what to think, I'm pretty nervous. Lets hope cool heads come through and a good decision can be made that benefits both Favre and the Packers. May the force be with you Brett.

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
To me in camp every position is open for competition, no matter what. So I think it's pretty stupid to just name Aaron the starter, it should be a competition. I really don't think they will lock him out, heads will roll if that were to happen.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
He's not going to be our starting QB this year, so what difference does it make.

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Why shouldn't it be an open competition?

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Because I think as a franchise we need to move on from Brett Favre and form a new identity. Open competition is just stupid. You can't judge a QB based on what he does in training camp or practice. Brett Favre has 16 years of starting experience, he's the obvious choice between the two even if Favre throws into the ground during a 'competition'.

I want Aaron Rodgers to get on the field on this year, I want to move on from Brett Favre. Brett Favre's my favorite player of all-time, and I loved what he's done and enjoyed watching him, but I feel right now it's the best thing we can do as a franchise. I know thats impossible to comprehend for a lot of you.

StickyGreenFan
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
they are thinking of the future, its not a competition homie. i think they have made it clear many times already. i hope brett favre is our backup this year, can you picture it... nfc championship and its green bay vs whoever. aaron rodgers goes down in about the 3rd qtr and guess who comes marching on the field? the man the myth and the legend to lead them to a superbowl. aaron rodgers did the hard work and brett can come in when hes needed to clean up... i like the idea

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Because I think as a franchise we need to move on from Brett Favre and form a new identity. Open competition is just stupid. You can't judge a QB based on what he does in training camp or practice. Brett Favre has 16 years of starting experience, he's the obvious choice between the two even if Favre throws into the ground during a 'competition'.

I want Aaron Rodgers to get on the field on this year, I want to move on from Brett Favre. Brett Favre's my favorite player of all-time, and I loved what he's done and enjoyed watching him, but I feel right now it's the best thing we can do as a franchise. I know thats impossible to comprehend for a lot of you.

I know exactly where you are coming from and when this whole thing started I felt the same way. But I really feel with Brett starting this year we can win it all, and with Rodgers we are still at least a couple years away IMO.

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
they are thinking of the future, its not a competition homie. i think they have made it clear many times already. i hope brett favre is our backup this year, can you picture it... nfc championship and its green bay vs whoever. aaron rodgers goes down in about the 3rd qtr and guess who comes marching on the field? the man the myth and the legend to lead them to a superbowl. aaron rodgers did the hard work and brett can come in when hes needed to clean up... i like the idea

Sounds more like a movie plot than something I'd like to see happen.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 02:33 PM

I pretty much agree. I wouldn't mind Brett Favre coming back, but I feel Aaron Rodgers has to have the keys to the car. If Favre came back as a reserve that would be fine, but he's made it clear he doesn't want to do that, but really it's his only option because it's obviously been made clear by management. Haviong Favre as insurance to Rodgers injury would be huge i ncase something did happen. Seeing him run out onto the field would be amazing.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
You play to win the game. I love Aaron Kampman, but if we find some homeless guy that is better than him, then Hobo Joe gets to come to camp and compete for a job. Since when did we stop playing the best player on our roster lol This is some kind of new age philosophy that is beyond me I guess. It's better to not start the best player, how did I not think of this?

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
You play to win the game. I love Aaron Kampman, but if we find some homeless guy that is better than him, then Hobo Joe gets to come to camp and compete for a job. Since when did we stop playing the best player on our roster lol This is some kind of new age philosophy that is beyond me I guess. It's better to not start the best player, how did I not think of this?

LMAO :laugh:

I agree though, play to win.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
You play to win the game. Since when did we stop playing the best player on our roster lol This is some kind of new age philosophy that is beyond me I guess. It's better to not start the best player, how did I not think of this?

There's nothing new about teams going with a very talented young QB over an older veteran with lots of experience. I think the QB position is kind of the exception to the rule because of it's importance. Comparing it to a DE positional battle is pretty silly.

StickyGreenFan
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
last year a lotta bretts success came from receivers making plays after the catch. aaron rodgers seems perfectly capable of making those passes brett did. people are just scared cuz rodgers is kind of an unknown factor, but u gotta make the switch sometime right? steve young was an unproven unknown factor, sf did fine for a few years. after giants got rid of tiki barber and lost jeremy shockey they ended up winning a superbowl. gb should have probably handled the situation better, but i agree with the moves they made. i hope bretts our back up next year, if not i wish him success (unless his new team plays ours).

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
No comparing it to a bum off the streets was silly, I was making a point. It shouldn't matter who it is, if they're better, they deserve the right to compete for the job. You put the best players you can get your hands on the field. Teams put murderers and rapists in starting lineups if they're the best players they can find. Favre hasn't done anything that bad, I've heard him compared with Barry Bond, Roger Clemons, and Michael Vick within the last week. That is just insane.

WickedBadMan
07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
last year a lotta bretts success came from receivers making plays after the catch. aaron rodgers seems perfectly capable of making those passes brett did. people are just scared cuz rodgers is kind of an unknown factor, but u gotta make the switch sometime right? steve young was an unproven unknown factor, sf did fine for a few years. after giants got rid of tiki barber and lost jeremy shockey they ended up winning a superbowl. gb should have probably handled the situation better, but i agree with the moves they made. i hope bretts our back up next year, if not i wish him success (unless his new team plays ours).

This is so far and away nothing like the Steve Young situation I can't even begin to ramble.

Go from a contender to this *sigh*. Potentially compounding the foolishness by trading him to the Vikings, good work Packer management.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
steve young won an mvp the year before they trade Montana I believe.

Brendan
07-31-2008, 03:39 PM
You guys are missing the point of this. Brett Favre is CLEARLY the better QB, and the Packers would be a better team with him at QB. But Rodgers was your 1st round pick. He has what, 2 years left on his contract? If Favre starts this year, Rodgers is done in GB

So you say, we have Brian Brohm....?

Im sure that if you take away all the drama and had to pick ONE QB to start this year, and didnt have to worry about anything after that, 100% of you would choose Brett Favre.

THIS IS THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE NFL. You play to win, but you dont **** up your whole franchise. You guys have a VERY young WR core, you have a young RB. Your LB core is young. If you had to choose your QB of the future, would you choose Rodgers or Brohm? If you want Rodgers you HAVE to start him this year, mold him with your young WR's, and you have a chance to become more than a SB contender this year, you have the chance to become a dynasty in 5 years with the young team you have?

WickedBadMan
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
steve young won an mvp the year before they trade Montana I believe.

We have a winna!

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Steve Young didn't miss the last 4 games of the season with a hamstring injury he got during practice.

hawkeye
07-31-2008, 03:49 PM
There's nothing new about teams going with a very talented young QB over an older veteran with lots of experience. I think the QB position is kind of the exception to the rule because of it's importance. Comparing it to a DE positional battle is pretty silly.

Who is the VERY TALENTED young QB you are referring to? I'll assume you're speaking of the kid that's worn a ball cap for three years. How do you know he's VERY TALENTED. He is a virtual unknown at this point. I can hardly wait for you to bring up the Cowboy game now. I was there - and he took a couple brutal hits in that game. You want a prediction? I'll say he doesn't make it 8 games before he misses a start. Then Brohm will come in and play better than Rodgers. We can have a whole new QB controversy at that point.

Mark Murphy needs to fire Ted Thompson right now, get a commitment for 2 more years from #4, hire Ron Wolf for those 2 years, name Reggie McKenzie as Wolf's successor, and give the job to Rodgers or Brohm in the 2010 season. This team is poised to win NOW with a proven qb at the helm. If Rodgers doesn't take this team as far as Brett did a year ago, Ted Thompson will be crucified and Rodgers will be booed to the Arena league.

Brett Favre with the papers filed is an active member of the Packers team and should be allowed to compete for the job at the very least.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Who is the VERY TALENTED young QB you are referring to? I'll assume you're speaking of the kid that's worn a ball cap for three years. How do you know he's VERY TALENTED. He is a virtual unknown at this point. I can hardly wait for you to bring up the Cowboy game now. I was there - and he took a couple brutal hits in that game. You want a prediction? I'll say he doesn't make it 8 games before he misses a start. Then Brohm will come in and play better than Rodgers. We can have a whole new QB controversy at that point.

I just think it's time Aaron Rodgers gets his chance. If it were up to you, if Don Majkowski stayed healthy you would have had Brett sitting on the bench for 4 years because he was 'unproven'. At some point you have to move on, right now I believe it's in the best interest of this franchise to start a new chapter at QB. You disagree? Thats fine.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Don Majkoski didn't throw 400 some F'n TD passes. Are you serious?? He didn't almost just win his 4th MVP. He also got hurt lol At some point you gotta move on, what kind of slop is that?? At some point, well no shhh sherlock. But you don't want to move on too early. If Rodgers gets hurt we're screwed. He's gotten hurt the last two seasons and missed 1/4 to 1/2 the season. THE GUY NEVER EVEN GETS ON THE FIELD AND HE'S MISSED LIKE 12 GAMES THE LAST TWO YEARS. I'm not ready to throw away next year just because that dude gets hurt. That's completely ignoring the fact that he might not even be that good.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
I get it, we can't judge Aaron Rodgers' play on the field when he has taken the field, but we can judge his career durability after that? For all we know he will come in this year and not miss a game for 3 years. Who knows.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe he will, maybe Favre will get hurt this year. Maybe the sky will turn green and the grass will turn blue. Maybe, but not very likely.

Beermankk
07-31-2008, 04:52 PM
So basically you believe if we trade Favre and Rodgers get hurt are season is over. Everyone is making way to big of deal out of this. I would love Favreís experience but Rodgers mobility would open up the offense. Iím more worried about Al Harris or Woodson going down than who our Starting QB will be. We didnít have a solid nickelback last year and I think our depth at CB could be exposed if one of them went down.

iam brett favre
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
UPDATE: He will not be reinstated today, so he cannot be in practice tomorrow.

iam brett favre
07-31-2008, 04:57 PM
This is probably just to put pressure on TT to trade/release him :sigh:.

salsa
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
give him to the bears..come on

Brendan
07-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Favre is making it tougher and tougher for TT. I smell a release

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Don't call it a comeback, he's been here 16 years.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Those are all reasons that I think we can't be dickin around with the QB position. We can't have 3 QB's that have never started a game. About 4 quarters of total NFL experience between the three. We put too much pressure on our defense as it is, if our offense is constantly going 3 and out, and can't take time off the clock when we have a lead, our defense isn't going to hold everyone under 20 points week in and week out.

mlesnet
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
thats nice

Soop
07-31-2008, 06:05 PM
He's forcing them to do something fast.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Now the commissioner didn't reinstate him in time, so he won't be reinstated in time to practice tomorrow. What a joke.

iam brett favre
07-31-2008, 06:36 PM
:pity: to the commish

robdizzle3
07-31-2008, 07:23 PM
We can not trade Favre to the Vikings because if we do they will be in the super bowl this year.I wouldnt be as upset if he went to the Bears because even with Favre they dont have enough to get to the Bowl

Tankjeep
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
We can not trade Favre to the Vikings because if we do they will be in the super bowl this year.I wouldnt be as upset if he went to the Bears because even with Favre they dont have enough to get to the Bowl

true, but it would increase their chance of beating the packers and vikings.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Those are all reasons that I think we can't be dickin around with the QB position. We can't have 3 QB's that have never started a game. About 4 quarters of total NFL experience between the three. We put too much pressure on our defense as it is, if our offense is constantly going 3 and out, and can't take time off the clock when we have a lead, our defense isn't going to hold everyone under 20 points week in and week out.

The no experience factor kind of troubles me, since I can never remember a team having no game experience on a roster. But honestly, I don't think the FA market had anything to offer. I really don't think anyone out there could out play Brian Brohm buy a large margin. Experience is nice but when you suck does it make much of a difference?

God I hope Patrick Lee makes an impact.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Now the commissioner didn't reinstate him in time, so he won't be reinstated in time to practice tomorrow. What a joke.

Am I the only one smelling a conspiracy? ;)

Packerbacker
07-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah why is the commissioner dragging his ****ing feet!!!! **** this entire situation jesus ****ing christ why is the entire upper management of our team and the league completely ****ing retarted!?!?!?!?!?

hughest4
08-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Good for Brett he definitely shouldn't take their bribe to stop playing the game he loves. As much as i would hate to see him play for anyone else i would hate even more to see him go out like this. I don't understand why the commish is taking so long either. Its ridiculous