PDA

View Full Version : Kobe understands Carmelo's pain

phlp_bj
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
A year ago with Kobe Bryant vowing never to put on a Lakers uniform again, his time with the U.S. team gave him a chance to have fun again as he and Jason Kidd wished out loud about getting the chance to play together in real life. Bryant's situation has changed so dramatically, he doesn't need a refuge from reality. This is more like the maraschino cherry atop the sundae of his bright future. If no one has Bryant's flair for highlights and lowlights, this summer's Kobe is Denver's Carmelo Anthony, who nose-dived so badly along with the Nuggets that there was speculation they would trade him. While Carmelo Anthony was off having fun, the Nuggets were sending Marcus Camby and his $11-million salary to the Clippers, avoiding a luxury tax hit at the cost of 10 rebounds and 3.6 blocks a game. "I was salty," Anthony said. "I was kind of mad at the way they went about it. Camby and me, we were two of the main guys who started that whole Denver thing over again. . . . To see a guy like that go is really crazy." Until Aug. 24, however, Anthony has all the support any NBA star could wish for. In the wake of reports that Sacramento's Ron Artest was headed for Houston, Bryant, sitting next to Anthony before practice, said the Lakers' small forwards were fine. "Could be worse," Bryant added for Anthony's benefit. "Could be the Nuggets." "Say it again louder!" Anthony said, laughing. "Say it again loud and proud!" "They're going to talk bad about you, and then when you win, it's all good," Bryant said, laughing. "The heck with that! You come to the Lakers for a bag of peanuts."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-olyheisler31-2008jul31,0,7433173.story

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM
"The heck with that! You come to the Lakers for a bag of peanuts."

Isnt that what melo is really worth thou? LOL!!! kidding...

SHONIE
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
oh boy. They should trade Melo.

lakersrock
07-31-2008, 01:00 PM
I'd gladly trade Odom, Ariza, Picks, Whatever for Melo. :D

Musical Tempo
07-31-2008, 01:09 PM

Even though Melo has no defense I would trade everyone except the big 3 Kobe, Pau, Andrew. Even Pau or Andrew, if they kept Camby.

Melo, and Camby for Ariza, Odom, Pau, and 1st round 2010 pick.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-31-2008, 01:17 PM
And this is probably why you're not a NBA GM...Trade for a another, needs to be babied superstar, who can score but doesnt play a lick of defense and is known to fizzle in the big moment.

bogdanrom
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Even though Melo has no defense I would trade everyone except the big 3 Kobe, Pau, Andrew. Even Pau or Andrew, if they kept Camby.

Melo, and Camby for Ariza, Odom, Pau, and 1st round 2010 pick.

Hmm. I think Camby plays for the Clippers now.

lakerboy
07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Kobe said "a bag of peanuts".

By that, he means Radmanovic, Walton and a second round draft pick.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Kobe said "a bag of peanuts".

By that, he means Radmanovic, Walton and a second round draft pick.

:nod::laugh2:

MoBASS
07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
And this is probably why you're not a NBA GM...Trade for a another, needs to be babied superstar, who can score but doesnt play a lick of defense and is known to fizzle in the big moment.

:clap::clap:

lakersrock
07-31-2008, 07:18 PM

Fisher/Kobe/Pau/Bynum could handle his lack of D, he can score from anywhere inside the 3 and Kobe/Fisher are fine to handle the big shots. So you were saying?

BTW, if you think Mitch and/or Buss would turn down that deal for Melo, you're insane.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Fisher/Kobe/Pau/Bynum could handle his lack of D, he can score from anywhere inside the 3 and Kobe/Fisher are fine to handle the big shots. So you were saying?

BTW, if you think Mitch and/or Buss would turn down that deal for Melo, you're insane.

Remember, lack of D is what made you guys lose to the Celtics.

Just a heads up.

t-mac1nukka
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM

hahahahahahaha...ya the lakers have such good d!!!!! pfffft

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM

I dont think you know what the Lakers D is gong to be like with Bynum in there. And the Lakers have better D that the Nuggets, Jazz, and Spurs. Scoreboard. Lakers can hold those teams to less points than those teams can hold the Lakers to. That great D the Rockets played last year got them knocked out of the first round again. I would rather play the crappy D you refer to and get to the finals

SportsFan1988
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM

Do you have any idea of what you're talking about?

Knowledge
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM

Just a heads up.

Yeah, but Melo unlike odom and Paul gasol cant just be manhandled physically. He wouldve given them more on Offense and playing on a great team can make anyone play good D. Coming into the season did you think the Celtics were going to be a good defensive team or a three man show in offense. I wouldve pick the latter.

Kobe would elevate Melo's overall play and make sure he plays D. Just Garnett did for the Cs

DenButsu
08-01-2008, 12:26 AM
And the Lakers have better D that the... Spurs.

Fail. (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9982/fail151lu0.jpg)

Musical Tempo
08-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Hmm. I think Camby plays for the Clippers now.

I said if they kept? dont ya see?

_Sn1P3r_
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah, but Melo unlike odom and Paul gasol cant just be manhandled physically. He wouldve given them more on Offense and playing on a great team can make anyone play good D. Coming into the season did you think the Celtics were going to be a good defensive team or a three man show in offense. I wouldve pick the latter.

Kobe would elevate Melo's overall play and make sure he plays D. Just Garnett did for the Cs

Good point.

cmellofan15
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Paul??? Who is that? lol

sp1derm00
08-01-2008, 11:10 PM

Just a heads up.

And a reminder...

Before KG joining the Celtics, Ray Allen and PP weren't exactly known for their D.

In fact, Ray Allen was criticized for his lack of D at times.

Lakersfan2483
08-02-2008, 05:17 AM

Just a heads up.

Weren't you guys swept out of the first round because of lack of defense? lol We do have some loose ends to tie up defensively.

Knowledge
08-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Paul??? Who is that? lol

After i read your comment i reread my post and i had to laugh at myself. lol

Pau

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Weren't you guys swept out of the first round because of lack of defense? lol We do have some loose ends to tie up defensively.

No ****, the whole nation knows Denver doesn't play D.

To everyone who overrates the hell out of the Lakers, I just thought I would throw out that your team doesn't/didn't play consistent defense either.

Didn't you guys get your ***** handed to you in the last game? Didn't you guys lose in Boston nearly every time? Didn't you guys lose to Boston every time you met during the regular season?

atleast we were the first team to beat Boston on the West.

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 07:19 AM
The Lakers D got rolled pretty good - made Powe look like an All-Star starter (not to take credit from his great performance), and when it counted most Sasha let Ray just stroll right up to the hoop.

But the Nuggets' D was worse, there's no two ways around that.

Everyone got all in a tizzy when Denver traded him to dump salary and get that $10 million trade exception. But not many people stopped to ask if his being a total no-show in the playoffs had anything to do with it. Offensively he was terrible, and since the expectations were greater from him on the other end his poor defensive showing was even more damaging as Pau and Odom just easily walked up and dunked the ball in at will. With K-Mart on Kobe, Camby was exposed.

Good luck with that, Clips. :cool:

innovator
08-02-2008, 08:45 AM
I dont think you know what the Lakers D is gong to be like with Bynum in there. And the Lakers have better D that the Nuggets, Jazz, and Spurs. Scoreboard. Lakers can hold those teams to less points than those teams can hold the Lakers to. That great D the Rockets played last year got them knocked out of the first round again. I would rather play the crappy D you refer to and get to the finals

i agree 100%, the lakers played very good D in the playoffs excluding the finals. they held the nuggets below their season average and SWEPT the nuggets. they defended the jazz and boozer well and beat the jazz in 6 @ UTAH. they dethroned the defending champion spurs in 5 games with great defense during 2nd halfs and limited tim duncan to a very low shooting percentage and only allowed manu to below 40% shooting. the only team that they had problems defensively is the celtics. like they say good defense leads to great offense(is that it?lol) and the celtics is the best defensive team so their defense led to an offense that the lakers cannot defend