PDA

View Full Version : If it comes down to it in the playoffs, with what the Rockets have ....

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Who would you rather play? Spurs or Lakers

Jay22Redd
07-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Id like to have the Lakers in the Conference Finals but we gotta get to tha playoffs and past the first round

bball1217
07-31-2008, 01:33 PM
That's tough, but I say Lakers, because Celtics beat them with their defense and we should have the same caliber, if not better defense than the Celtics. Also, we can rotate Artest and Battier on Kobe and this would force other guys to step up, hopefully they don't.

Manos
07-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't care which. Hopefully face/beat them both on the way to the Finals. But if I had to choose one, I'd like to beat the Spurs, since we're inter-state rivals. Lakers have a good squad, but I think we match up pretty well with them.

Driven
07-31-2008, 03:04 PM
The Lakers are the best team in the West. So obviously I'd rather face the Spurs.

pippsux
07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
With what we have now, I think we are the favourite in the west. I have been screaming for Artest from day one because off what he brings and what we where missing. We where missing a 3rd option scorer capable of scoring 20points a game and creating his own shot. What we got is a 20point scoring, bullying, defensive beast who might be a little crazy. The key to our success will be building a good bench a la the Celtics. We need a proven bench. Right now Barry, Battier and Deke are proven and can produce come playoff time. Francis is a question mark, don't be suprised if he retires before camp starts. Brooks is still developing, Dorsey is unproven at the nba level and Head tends to fold in the playoffs. Our bench is my concern and the only reason we don't succeed.

Tmac to da rack
07-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Bring on anyone, were the best in the west! Will represent the West! No more East champions, Rockets Own the next few years if some how we can sign Artest for a long term contract.

SC1211
07-31-2008, 07:09 PM
We match-up really well with both teams.

kimchi'sworld
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I want both of them after we make it past the first round of the play-offs and then want Boston or Detroit for the finals.

Rox07
07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
By far the lakers, after seeing Gasol's debacle in the playoffs they would be much easier than the spurs.

frizbo72
07-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Just not the Jazz. They own you.

G2BOAT
07-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Just not the Jazz. They own you.

They don't ****ing own us dumb ****. Just because we lost one year because we didn't have anybody, but T-Mac and Yao, and this last year we were supposed to get swept and every game was close, without Yao.

G2BOAT
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
I would want to play the Lackers we matchup with them perfectly, with or without Yao. I still believe last year we could have beaten them in the Playoffs.

t-mac1nukka
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
id love to play the spurs...duncan has trouble with players who can contest his shot since hes not fast enough to go around anyone. ginobili can be shut down between artest and battier. we have their best sharp shooter now. and on top of all that they are getting old.

TMAC94
08-01-2008, 02:10 AM
id have Lakers.

Artest can defend Kobe
Tmac can defend Odom
Yao can defend Bynum
Scola can defend Gasol
Alston can defend Fisher

Gasol would be the only probelm coz on some posesions he can and will be beat scola.

TMAC94
08-01-2008, 02:10 AM
if battier can contain Kobe im sure artest can

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 02:19 AM
id have Lakers.

Artest can defend Kobe
Tmac can defend Odom
Yao can defend Bynum
Scola can defend Gasol
Alston can defend Fisher

Gasol would be the only probelm coz on some posesions he can and will be beat scola.

I agree with this guy.

I can speak on behalf of the Rockets because I like everyone on the squad.

Manos
08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
With what we have now, I think we are the favourite in the west. I have been screaming for Artest from day one because off what he brings and what we where missing. We where missing a 3rd option scorer capable of scoring 20points a game and creating his own shot. What we got is a 20point scoring, bullying, defensive beast who might be a little crazy. The key to our success will be building a good bench a la the Celtics. We need a proven bench. Right now Barry, Battier and Deke are proven and can produce come playoff time. Francis is a question mark, don't be suprised if he retires before camp starts. Brooks is still developing, Dorsey is unproven at the nba level and Head tends to fold in the playoffs. Our bench is my concern and the only reason we don't succeed.

I like our bench.

Bench:
Francis/Brooks
Barry/Head
Battier/Novak
Landry/Hayes
Deke/Dorsey

Battier (defense, 3pt shooting), Barry (offense, great shooter), Francis (hopefully can come back from injuries), Deke (defense, rebounding), Landry (energy, rebounding, good around the basket), Hayes (defense, rebounding), Brooks (speed, 3pt shooting, nice finisher), Novak (pure shooter), Head (3pt shooting), Dorsey (hopefully rebounding, defense and a little offense)

I'd put that bench up against pretty much anyone in the league

HouRealCoach
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
I want the Lakers

pippsux
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I like our bench.

Bench:
Francis/Brooks
Barry/Head
Battier/Novak
Landry/Hayes
Deke/Dorsey

Battier (defense, 3pt shooting), Barry (offense, great shooter), Francis (hopefully can come back from injuries), Deke (defense, rebounding), Landry (energy, rebounding, good around the basket), Hayes (defense, rebounding), Brooks (speed, 3pt shooting, nice finisher), Novak (pure shooter), Head (3pt shooting), Dorsey (hopefully rebounding, defense and a little offense)

I'd put that bench up against pretty much anyone in the league

I like our bench too, I just think we need one piece, one proven piece. I just don't know who or what that piece is at this point. But if no changes are made we definatley have a deep bench with a plethora of options and combinations.

agobbi17
08-01-2008, 04:20 PM
bring on any team you want. the only team that stands a chance is the celtics. But it looks like our bench is alot more solid than theres.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-03-2008, 02:15 AM
either way doesnt matter.

JordansBulls
08-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I want the Lakers

Would be good to see unless Phoenix knocks them out.