PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline

IowaAJ
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
I thought we could talk about all the deadline rumors and trades in this thread so we don't have so many different threads on the different rumors out there.

Who will stay and who will go the MLB TRADE DEADLINE

IowaAJ
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
So as of right now Ken Griffey Jr. has been traded to the Chicago whitesox.
here are the details of the trade.

White sox recieve Ken Griffey Jr

Reds Recieve Danny Richar, and Nick Masset.

This is the first of what could be a big day of trades for us

IowaAJ
07-31-2008, 02:14 PM
If the Reds trade Ken Griffey Jr. to the White Sox then they could go after Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, who is tearing up Triple A Oklahoma but is blocked at the big league level. The Rangers could also try to move outfielder Marlon Byrd and make room for Cruz. The Rangers are still talking to the Marlins about catcher Gerald Laird. The Reds are also interested.

-- T.R. Sullivan

Reds talking Cruz.

http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/07/rangers_talking_to_marlins_abo.html

jlohm1
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
I thought we could talk about all the deadline rumors and trades in this thread so we don't have so many different threads on the different rumors out there.

Who will stay and who will go the MLB TRADE DEADLINE

Wrigleyboy25 told all the TM's and Mods to start a new thread for all the rumors. so this way it look more interesting to the "guests" that are entering the forums cuz its the deadline.

IowaAJ
07-31-2008, 10:06 PM
oh sorry Jlohm I just didn't want the thread to look so messy. but I understand what you mean.

jlohm1
08-01-2008, 10:59 AM
oh sorry Jlohm I just didn't want the thread to look so messy. but I understand what you mean.

dont worry about it man. i probably would have done the same if Wrigs didnt tell us to. normally, we wouldnt have. we just do it now and probably at the winter meetings b/c we want the guests to sign up and start posting. seriously, its all cool :cool: