PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Is Threatening to Outdo the Playboy Mansion

phlp_bj
07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Gilbert Arenas could have purchased $110 million pools (actually that would be only purchased, somehow) which absolutely floors me. Why "only", you ask? Because his pool, seen above and after the jump, costs one ... meeellion dollars. Many thanks to Dan Steinberg of D.C. Sports Bog for promulgating these photos and for Gil for being cool enough to let them ride.

Just in case the trio of Fred Smoot, Chris Knoche and Steve Czaban weren't reliable enough sources on the fabulousness of Gilbert Arenas's million-dollar pool, which Czaban claimed will be one of the largest residential pools in America, I bring you alleged pics of said pool, courtesy of a regular Bog reader and diehard Wizards fan who recently visited the work site with one of the crews.

The reader provides some facts, which he gleaned from one of the contractors:

* The stone for the "mountain" cost nearly half a million dollars.

* There are three different fish tanks, one going in the "grotto," one in the front hall, and one in the basement. Their normal retail price would have been about another half-million.

* The tank in the basement will have a recess with a couch in it so Gil can "relax and look up at the fish."

* The work is scheduled to be finished in August.

http://www.nbarumors.org/rumors/gilbert-arenas-is-threatening-to-outdo-the-playboy-mansion

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Another indication Arenas is just an idiot, I really hate Gilbert Arenas more than any player in the league!

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Another indication Arenas is just an idiot, I really hate Gilbert Arenas more than any player in the league!

I don't hate him, I just extremely dislike him.

McPeak92
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM
if i had more money than i could ever spend i would get a uber sick pool to.

SHONIE
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Lol let him buy what he wants. Its funny because deep down inside most pro athletes wouldn't be crap if they weren't so gifted. He'll probably lose all of his money within 5 years of retirement. And if not, hey, you're probably still a better person than he is :p

EAGLES3658
07-31-2008, 10:28 AM
who cares hes got money and is getting a pool

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Lol let him buy what he wants. Its funny because deep down inside most pro athletes wouldn't be crap if they weren't so gifted. He'll probably lose all of his money within 5 years of retirement. And if not, hey, you're probably still a better person than he is :p

If there is one guy I hope bad things for, losing money after retirement, its arenas, I hate how cocky he is. JUst beyond overated.

innovator
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
its his money leave him alone.....

RapsFan4Life
07-31-2008, 10:58 AM
gilbert is a d'ck, and he is hated by alot of people, but he is making ENOUGH money so instead of donating or opening charities he will just swim :)

stevefrancis
07-31-2008, 12:24 PM
so you guys have no problem if he waisted his money on 100 million dollar cars or jewerly?

mjt20mik
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM
What a fool! He's going to be like Latrell Sprewell. He's going to end up selling all of his possesions, if he doesn't wise up.

LAKESHOW..
07-31-2008, 01:22 PM
he got 111 million if i had that money i would buy a 2 million dollar pool

Yogi
07-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Gilbert rules.

bogdanrom
07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
It's his damn money. You guys act like other NBA players don't do this. Plus Arenas donates so much money, if not the most money. Plus what would you do if you just signed a $100 million deal, just keep it, right?

Scheck
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Why do people care if Gilbert buys a 2 million dollar pool, its better than him buying some other things for 2 million dollars

Gilbert>TheRest
07-31-2008, 02:40 PM
gilberts got over 100 million dollars so 2 million isnt even that much to him

Gilbert>TheRest
07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
If there is one guy I hope bad things for, losing money after retirement, its arenas, I hate how cocky he is. JUst beyond overated.

dude thats just ****ed up if u want bad things to happen to him. hes cocky but hes not hurting anyone and hes still the most down to earth player when he talks to fans.

pwest6
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM

And in his comercials he always talks about being a "0".

Gilbert>TheRest
07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
And in his comercials he always talks about being a "0".

whats wrong with that?

bleedprple&gold
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
whats wrong with that?

Because he's always talking about how nobody thought he could make it in the nba, and how he proved them all wrong. It's his whole "me against the world" attitude that people dislike...I remember in one of the commercials he complained about how when he was a rookie, he sat the first half of the season on the bench and how nobody believed in him. Well, Gilbert, that's what most 2nd-round draft pick rookies do in their first year, they SIT ON THE BENCH!! It doesn't mean everybody thought that you sucked...at least you made the team

Gilbert>TheRest
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Because he's always talking about how nobody thought he could make it in the nba, and how he proved them all wrong. It's his whole "me against the world" attitude that people dislike...I remember in one of the commercials he complained about how when he was a rookie, he sat the first half of the season on the bench and how nobody believed in him. Well, Gilbert, that's what most 2nd-round draft pick rookies do in their first year, they SIT ON THE BENCH!! It doesn't mean everybody thought that you sucked...at least you made the team

thats better than most commercials were they just showing some guy dunking with music

*Superman*
07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
What he should have done is gave the money to me and used my pool.:D

Squad13
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
He should have taken that money and bought some personal finance advice... The new MC hammer?

JIDsanity
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
I love Gil

Dirty Dirk41
07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
i hate when people get mad at athletes for being cocky. Of course there cocky. We all play sports...they play the same sports and make MILLIONS. constantly fans are telling him hes there idol, or favorite player or hes the best player. it goes to these players heads. but you cant blame em. if i was buying million dollar pools i gurantee every one who looked at me wopuld hate me. Id be the cockiest mutha****er. plus its not like he talks and doesnt back it up. hes a hell of a basketball player.

Skins4Life
07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
gilbert is a d'ck, and he is hated by alot of people, but he is making ENOUGH money so instead of donating or opening charities he will just swim :)

Whoa u dont no what ur talking about gilbert arenas donates to a whole lot of charities... ppl get off his back he's spending his own money not urs... i guess a lot of ppl are going to hate cause they wont make one tenth of what he makes in a life time... enjoy ur pool gil

Skins4Life
07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
He should have taken that money and bought some personal finance advice... The new MC hammer?

I doubt he will be the New MC hammer cause he has endorsements plus 111 mil... two that i know of is adidas and spalding

Gilbert>TheRest
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
middle class citizens who buy a pool probably spend a larger percentage of their money than gilbert did on his. so what gilbert did wasnt even stupid

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Whoa u dont no what ur talking about gilbert arenas donates to a whole lot of charities... ppl get off his back he's spending his own money not urs... i guess a lot of ppl are going to hate cause they wont make one tenth of what he makes in a life time... enjoy ur pool gil

I agree.

I mean I may not be for the 1 million dollar pool, but it's his money not ours.

If you didn't help him make the money, don't tell him how to spend it.

danbuc0101
07-31-2008, 09:42 PM
not that im a gilbert fan or anything but u guys cant criticize him for this because u have never signed a guarenteed contract worth 110 mil. So until u do and decide to give most of it to charity then i wouldnt ***** at him about his purchases.

Knicks845
07-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Its his money wtf, i had a 111 mill contract i'd buy the play boy mansion?!!! why do ppl hate on him anyway, cause he scores at the pg, or cause he's cocky and soo clutch that ppl ride him?!!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 10:52 PM
i could care less wat he does with his money... key word HIS. dosent bother me at all i think i would do the same if i had 111 mil lmao

ruslan898
07-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Arenas is a joke!!!! He just needs to shut up... 111mill for him, hellz no!

Noles3490
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
People are just bickering because professional athletes make alot more money than they should. However, its their money and they can do whatever they want with it. Gilbert Arenas does donate alot of money. So what, he wants a really expensive pool that he'll probably swim in twice. At least he isnt spending money on drugs and getting in trouble with the law.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 11:16 PM
People are just bickering because professional athletes make alot more money than they should. However, its their money and they can do whatever they want with it. Gilbert Arenas does donate alot of money. So what, he wants a really expensive pool that he'll probably swim in twice. At least he isnt spending money on drugs and getting in trouble with the law.

very true :clap:

Fury
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM

haha dude got 110 mill and ur mad cuz hes not donating alot of it to charities the dude got a pool big deal man ur just a hater..dude is nice and if any of us had that money we would do the same thing so stop being a hypocrite

spurhead
08-01-2008, 04:41 AM
can he outdo hugh hefner with 3 girlfriends? just wondering LOL

Noreaga
08-01-2008, 06:40 AM
got money and you know it, take it out your pocket and show it then throw it, like this a way, that away.......

Tom Stone
08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Like him or hate him....gilbert is good tv and media......Yeah he ignorant and a bit crazy.....But he's not that bad of a guy...I have a problem with the whole Athleate thing getting paid the money they do......But without getting ino that...It's gilberts money and I'd want a sweet pool too.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM
got money and you know it, take it out your pocket and show it then throw it, like this a way, that away.......

lmao :laugh:

fairandbalanced
08-01-2008, 08:48 AM
he'll file for forclosure when Obama tax the shyt out of that Bush money he's making

_Sn1P3r_
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM

I agree :nod: Better that than drugs.