PDA

View Full Version : The Yao - Artest melodrama

phlp_bj
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle is reporting that Rockets' star Yao Ming may not be as thrilled with the pending Ron Artest trade as Rockets fans. Yao explained to the Chronicle that he and Luis Scola have exchanged text messages and e-mails contemplating Ron's impact. "We worry about the new attitude to the team." explained Yao "We are adding talent to the team and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time. Also, he was the biggest part of a team in Sacramento. He was a star player. We need more chemistry and more communication. "There's worry. Obviously, yes," said Yao. "We will think about it, of course. Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands… I haven't talked to Ron yet, so it's hard to say. I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history. But we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us. And Ron is on a contract year, too. I think Ron Artest is a good player if coach (Rick) Adelman can control the team well."

Ron responded to Yao's comments hinting that he plans to push for a contract extension saying "We've still got to make sure there's still a commitment… That's the main thing. When I speak to the powers-that-be of the Houston Rockets organization, we're going to find out how much they really want me there…. This is Tracy (McGrady) and Yao's team, you know," Artest said. "I'm not going to take it personal. I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto. That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about. But really, he doesn't have to talk to me, because to me, I'm going (to Houston)."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9646

innovator
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
artest is a cancer so im not surprise with yao's comments

daleja424
07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
omg...here we go...

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
"I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture."

What a *******.

Black player really representing his culture? Excuse me? Does Dikembe Mutombo come to mind there, Ron?

Dikembe is "blacker" than you, but he doesn't have to be "gangsta wit it".

I love Ron's game just not his ****ing attitude...

He's a reason why other races make stereotypical comments towards black people, then black people will get pissed... What kind of sense does that make? He's baiting people to hate on black people...

I have no problem with any race on this planet, but I do have a problem with ignorance...

And Ron Artest is one ignorant son of a *****

Melo is hood as **** but you don't see him going around bragging about it and still trying to act like he's still in the hood..

Ron Artest, you have a multi-million dollar house and your kids are spoiled... GET REAL.. YOU HAVE UPGRADED IN LIFE, THAT'S A POSITIVE..

SHONIE
07-31-2008, 10:08 AM
yaowned

The83rdWonder
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Hoopsworld is terrible, they can't even get who reported the "story; it was Fran Blinebury, not Feigen. This is pretty much blown out of proportion by the media.

Sn1ch_Turna
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
I dont blame Yao, and Ron Artest just becomes more ignorant and self-absorbed with every comment he makes.

To say hes the self-proclaimed jessie jackson of the NBA is such trash. How can u make millions of dollars and almost 30, but still act like a child. Hes a highschool kid trapped in an adult body.

His comments are a disgrace to the NBA, himself and other black people. I hope the rockets release him midway through the season, around when he tries to 'find himself' or has 'family problems' and doesnt feel like playing because hes too ghetto.

Sn1ch_Turna
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
"
Melo is hood as **** but you don't see him going around bragging about it and still trying to act like he's still in the hood..

Melo thinks hes hood - thats why he got jacked at the allstar game a couple years ago...

Paul Pierce is hood, grew up in Inglewood - got stabbed 9 times, survived and takes everything in stride. U dont hear him talk about how hardcore he is... and thats how real people act - dont talk about it , be about it

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
dont talk about it , be about it

That's real.

Couldn't say it any better myself :clap:

He's a grown *** man with kids, yet he still has to prove how "real" he is.

I agree he's just a child in a 30 year old man's body.

Gmen824
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
T. Prince was born in Compton, and he keeps a low-profile :shrug:

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM

Yeah he does.

I haven't heard that man speak more than a sentence my whole life.

goku
07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
they are just blowing it out of poportion chron.com has the full story

midwestmadman
07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Hoopsworld is terrible, they can't even get who reported the "story; it was Fran Blinebury, not Feigen. This is pretty much blown out of proportion by the media.

Blown out of porportion or not (which I agree it is) Ron Artest needs to realize that everyhting thing he says and everytime he opens his mouth he is under a microscope because of his reputation. The media can and will twist anything he says to make it a negative. I do think he many times shoots himself in the foot without the help of the media with his "representing his culture" rant. Frankly if I was a black male and I heard him say comments like this I would be pretty upset that a player like him views, blames and uses his race as his crutch. Ron you are a mutli millionaire, you don't live in the "ghetto" anymore. You made it from having nothing to having alomost anything you could want, your children have choices and you have choices, get you head on right because most people want to cheer for you, it's when you put yourself as the victim role that no one wants to hear it.

goku
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
artest admitted that the team is yao's and tracy's he have no problem being the third scorer he said he doesnt care if he start or be the 6th or 7th man

RapsFan4Life
07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
I cant belive Ron called himself ghetto ... hahahahaha he is such a joker, but he plays basketball because thats what he does, not because hes black not because he is gangster, and lately he hasnt caused any problems .. so i think he will be a good fit with yao... Ron may even buy yao some bling bling haha

goku
07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
:
I cant belive Ron called himself ghetto ... hahahahaha he is such a joker, but he plays basketball because thats what he does, not because hes black not because he is gangster, and lately he hasnt caused any problems .. so i think he will be a good fit with yao... Ron may even buy yao some bling bling haha

:laugh2:and a grill

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 10:49 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9646

"I'm not going to take it personal. I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto. That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about. But really, he doesn't have to talk to me, because to me, I'm going (to Houston)."

It's fine if Yao is not sold on Artest yet, but he will be because now that Artest is on a team that can win it all, he knows the rest of his career is riding on how he plays and reacts now.

CowboysKB24
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
That sounds terrible from Yao. He should be embracing Artest for coming to Houston...Yao doesn't want to ruin the chemistry and communication so say something like that before Artest even gets to introduce himself? BAD IDEA

I don't think it is going to ruin anything and I think Artest has changed but that was a dumb thing to do. Yao made it weird for Artest before he even got to Houston...WHY?

goku
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM
its just little yao humor

CowboysKB24
07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
I am excited to see how Houston plays this season. I don't think too many people are going to pick them to take the West but with the addition of Artest and what they without Yao last season...who knows.

BALLER71
07-31-2008, 11:00 AM
I :love: Artest.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm sure Yao wasn't quoted correctly. Artest is a handful. You need good leadership around him to at least try to keep him in check. Good luck T Mac and Yao.

JIDsanity
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
artest admitted that the team is yao's and tracy's he have no problem being the third scorer he said he doesnt care if he start or be the 6th or 7th man

wow. Houston got lucky.
Alot of teams hesitated to get him because the thought the only players he would respect would be Kobe and LeBron, and any other place he would have to be the star. I wanted Ron Ron

JIDsanity
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
:

:laugh2:and a grill

:laugh:

lakers4sho
07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't think Yao/Rockets team will regret having Artest on the team. As ignorant as he is, he is deadset on winning a championship. That attitude will help their team alot, especially with the defensive toughness he brings. Unless of course he does something really crazy that would ruin everything...

brandt
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
That sounds terrible from Yao. He should be embracing Artest for coming to Houston...Yao doesn't want to ruin the chemistry and communication so say something like that before Artest even gets to introduce himself? BAD IDEA

I don't think it is going to ruin anything and I think Artest has changed but that was a dumb thing to do. Yao made it weird for Artest before he even got to Houston...WHY?

He's just concerned, wouldn't you be? Look at Artest's past and how much baggage he brings to this team. Yao just wants to make sure he's not gonna mess up their chemistry. I think Yao could have said alot worse things than that, and Artest didn't really seem to be bothered by it anyway. I'm sure things will work out.

rrude
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
maybe this sort of fear is why Yao can't get out of the first round. oh yeah, and all the injuries.

Yao's a bit overrated in my opinion.

Should have kept any negative stuff to himself, but it sounds like they have talked and made up so who cares.

rrude
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
also remember all the BS around Dennis Rodman, and he wound up contributing to the Bulls. Now I'm not saying Adelman is Phil, but at least he and Ron have a relationship. I'm not saying they are going to win a championship, but a lot of stuff about Artest is negative hype, just like it was with Rodman.

king4day
07-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Now this is news.
I'm really shocked Yao would make those comments before even meeting him.

uptownfan
07-31-2008, 12:22 PM

Really? Wow, I didn't know that. That's really surprising. Especially since he went to Kentucky.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 01:17 PM
The potential trade of Ron Artest to the Houston Rockets may have gotten off on the wrong foot over comments made by Artest's potential teammate, Yao Ming, about Artest's stormy past.

Ming says

"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," Yao said, according to the Chronicle.

Artest Responds

When asked about those comments, Artest said Yao had bought into "all the propaganda" about him, according to The Sacramento Bee

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3512419

SHONIE
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
already posted I think

arlubas
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
I read somewhere that Yao called Ron up and cleared everything up with Artest saying he is a "Yao soldier" at the end of the convo, so no drama exists here. At least for now.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
already posted I think

didnt see it anywhere on the board, they had a thread about Yao and his comments but not one for Ron.. Anwyay I find artest interesting and the way he is responding. Wonder how this will develop.

dre1990
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
who cares? i dont think there goin to beef

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253479

pwest6
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands…"

Yao's hilarious...

ink
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Merged the two Yao-Artest threads.

DerekRE_3
07-31-2008, 02:33 PM
And this is why the Bulls, Pacers, and Kings traded him.

rabzouz 96
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
yao is funny how can he say hes afraid of chemistry problems of the team while potentially producing some with artest. that was one fo the dumbest comments that u could make

#1Mavericksfan
07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
This is going to be hilarious...I can't wait untill the Rockets play

ewing
08-01-2008, 01:31 AM
And this is why the Bulls, Pacers, and Kings traded him.

they traded him b/c Yao can't distinguish b/t comments you make to your women or boys and comments you make the media about a teammate?????

FOBolous
08-01-2008, 01:32 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3513504

Thursday, July 31, 2008
Conciliatory Artest reassures Yao on chemistry concerns
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Some two weeks before he can actually join his new team, Ron Artest was already trying to neutralize his first Houston Rockets controversy Thursday, insisting that there will be no tension with Yao Ming once a trade sending Artest from Sacramento to Houston goes through as expected Aug. 14.

Artest told ESPN.com that he and Yao have spoken by telephone to address the concerns Yao voiced about team chemistry to the Houston Chronicle in response to the deal hatched Tuesday by the Rockets and Kings.

The trade calls for Houston to receive Artest in exchange for Rockets draftee Donte Greene, a 2009 first-round pick and Kings alumnus Bobby Jackson, who's entering the final year of his contract at $6.1 million. The deal can't be completed until Aug. 14, according to league rules, because Greene signed with Houston on July 14 and is not eligible to be traded sooner.

But suggestions that Yao's reservations or Artest's outspoken, unpredictable nature could convince the Rockets to walk away from the trade between now and Aug. 14 were strongly dismissed by one source close to the process.

"The deal is done," said the source.

Artest also denied suggestions that he would demand a contract extension before reporting to the Rockets -- "I'm not demanding anything," he said -- and reiterated his initial giddy reaction to news of the trade by describing the move as "a big opportunity for me."

"I don't think Yao meant to say that," Artest offered Thursday, referring to Yao's comments to the Chronicle which referenced Artest's involvement in the infamous Indiana-Detroit brawl that spilled into the stands in 2004.

"I spoke to Yao and I told him I can't wait to play with him," Artest continued. "I spoke to Tracy [McGrady] and I told him I can't wait to play with him. I was a little bit down [upon hearing Yao's initial statements], because I'm so far beyond [the brawl]. But everything is going to be good."

Artest expounded on his conversation with Yao in a broadcast appearance later Thursday on ESPN's "Pardon The Interruption," revealing that he asked McGrady for Yao's number.

Said Artest: "When I spoke to Yao, I just said, 'Everything's going to be all right, I really know how to play the game, I'm not a selfish player, I can adapt to any type of system and I can't wait to be part of the Houston Rockets.'

"I was a little bit disturbed, mainly because [of] the brawl comments. That's four years removed from now, maybe four or five years removed … I wanted [Yao] to know I was a little bit frustrated, but I understand where he's coming from. But I cannot wait to be a part of that team. I don't care if I have to come off the bench. I could be the sixth man, a seventh man, all I want to do is just really contribute and win a lot of games."

Later in the PTI interview, Artest added: "I'm not just some knucklehead head case who's bipolar, [like] everybody is always saying. I'm Ron Artest. Everybody's different. That's why we've got different DNA … They gotta come up with a better story than Ron's crazy. There's a lot better stories that they can come up with."

Yet Artest clearly was unsettled by his lack of long-term security in his final days as a King, as the 28-year-old enters the final year of his contract at $7.4 million. Artest's oft-cited regrets about passing on the opportunity to opt out of his contract June 30 to become an unrestricted free agent and his increasing desire to leave Sacramento stem largely from the Kings' refusal to extend his contract.

Artest denied, however, that he needs his future in Houston to be clarified before joining the Rockets.

"I'm not demanding anything," Artest said. "I will play in Houston [this season] and I will have a great year and they will have the first option to re-sign me. This is a big opportunity for me because I'm going to be playing with the best center in the game."

Questions about Artest's willingness to fit in with a team that already has two franchise players were inevitable. But they materialized with the Rockets perhaps even faster than the biggest Artest skeptics might have expected, after Yao declined in his interview Wednesday to give the trade his unconditional endorsement.

"For some reason, I like [Artest]," Yao told the Chronicle. "Because in the games we play against him, I hate him.

"When I text messaged with [teammate] Luis [Scola], we talked about team chemistry. That's only what worries us. We worry about the new attitude to the team. We are adding talent to the team and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time.

"There's worry. Obviously, yes. We will think about it, of course. Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands. I haven't talked to Ron yet, so it's hard to say. I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history. But we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us. And Ron is on a contract year, too."

Artest was admittedly stung by the remarks when he heard them Wednesday, specifically the comment about "going after a guy in the stands," saying that Yao's words "hit me in the soft spot when I read that."

By Wednesday night, though, Artest was already downplaying the controversy in an appearance on a Sacramento radio show he frequents -- KHTK-AM's Carmichael Dave show -- and describing himself as "a Yao Ming soldier." Artest also tossed out the possibility of traveling to China to show support for Yao during the Olympics.

Much of the Rockets' confidence in dealing with such episodes -- since this was likely only the first, judging by Artest's history -- stems from the relationship Artest had with Houston coach Rick Adelman in Sacramento. It was a brief marriage, lasting just 40 games in the 2005-06 season before Adelman's ouster from the Kings, but Artest has repeatedly described Adelman as his favorite pro coach.

The Rockets, furthermore, have ample motivation to take this gamble, entering Year 5 of the McGrady-and-Yao partnership and still waiting for that tag team to lead them out of the first round of the playoffs.

"I just think so highly of Mr. Adelman that I can't really speak on it," Artest told ESPN.com after learning of the trade. "When I first got to Sacramento, he believed in me. I said, 'Coach, we're going to the playoffs,' and everybody laughed at me. He said, 'Ron, we're going to go as far as you take us.' I've never had a coach do that before.

"How can you say no to Rick Adelman? How can anyone not be happy playing for Rick Adelman?"

here's a video of the interview: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3513866&categoryId=2459788

^ wow...Artest actually sounds intelligent in the video...i definetly have more respect for Artest after that interview but you never know man...Artest is Artest and he's prone to changing his mind at a blink of an eye but hey, as a Rockets fan, i feel hopeful after that interview :D

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 01:35 AM
Damn all of these Ron Artest/Yao Ming threads!

It's like a fashion trend now!

Lol, I'm kidding man...

But really I think all of this was blown out of proportion just to get people talking and the media hyped up...

Come training camp, all of this will be squashed

FOBolous
08-01-2008, 01:35 AM
everything's ok now:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254101

bball1217
08-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Damn all of these Ron Artest/Yao Ming threads!

It's like a fashion trend now!

Lol, I'm kidding man...

But really I think all of this was blown out of proportion just to get people talking and the media hyped up...

Come training camp, all of this will be squashed

I totally agree. Media is just trying to start something. Plus, do you really see Yao as someone who is going to start a fight (verbally or mentally) with anybody. Except for when this happens :D: (Read his lips)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jss1xEzh5b4&NR=1

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 01:41 AM
I totally agree. Media is just trying to start something. Plus, do you really see Yao as someone who is going to start a fight (verbally or mentally) with anybody. Except for when this happens :D: (Read his lips)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jss1xEzh5b4&NR=1

I remember seeing a video where Yao threw this European guy aside like a popsicle stick...

Don't underrate Yao Ming's aggression :D

bball1217
08-01-2008, 01:43 AM
I remember seeing a video where Yao threw this European guy aside like a popsicle stick...

Don't underrate Yao Ming's aggression :D

Yeah this one, right after he gets dunked on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyK4vnurJTo

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah this one, right after he gets dunked on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyK4vnurJTo

Okay, Yao might have got dunked on, but there was no need for that pipsqueak to get in his face like that.

ewing
08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
I dont blame Yao, and Ron Artest just becomes more ignorant and self-absorbed with every comment he makes.

To say hes the self-proclaimed jessie jackson of the NBA is such trash. How can u make millions of dollars and almost 30, but still act like a child. Hes a highschool kid trapped in an adult body.

His comments are a disgrace to the NBA, himself and other black people. I hope the rockets release him midway through the season, around when he tries to 'find himself' or has 'family problems' and doesnt feel like playing because hes too ghetto.

Ron Artest competes everytime he steps on the court. He is also a immature person. When he talks its like when a little kid talking. He's gonna say some dumb ****, have some temper tantrums, tells his best friend hates him etc. Its Yao job has team leader to absorb some of the attention that Ron will have trouble dealing with not bring up issues like put him in these situations. Ron's not to bright. So what. He can flat ball and your team cant get over the hump. Yao acted like a bad teammate before he got on the plane. There is a difference b/t what you say to your wife, what you say to your teammates, and you say to the media

rriders9
08-01-2008, 01:48 AM
They cleared all this **** up, they should all play well together

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 01:50 AM
They cleared all this **** up, they should all play well together

What if Yao came out of training camp with a black eye?

I wonder if Rockets fans would still want Ron Artest on the team haha.

ewing
08-01-2008, 01:53 AM
What if Yao came out of training camp with a black eye?

I wonder if Rockets fans would still want Ron Artest on the team haha.

they should. i decked a couple people at practice and i'm not near as crazy as Ron Artest

Musical Tempo
08-01-2008, 01:58 AM
"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," said Artest, who will earn $7.4 million next season and be a free agent next summer. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."

I found this comments very racist, especially the parts I have highlighted. He actually makes generalizations appear real, espeically to those who haven't lived or seen an American style ghetto. One thing I would like to state is, not all African Americans have brawls after they fell that they have been disrespect, the major walk away or handle it like civilized individuals. CLICK HERE FOR THE MEANING OF GHETTO. (http://www.answers.com/topic/ghetto) If your from a ghetto, or the hood, this doesn't neccessary mean, you pack heat, wear du rags, baggy jeans, etc etc. it means as the definition states. Ron Artest provided to the world, and to me that he is actually a racist. How do other African American on PSD feel of Ron Artests comments about 'Black Culture' and that his action actually represent the real 'Black Culture', over other great African American who have backed away from fighting, and proven to the less fortune that anything is possible even if you are classified as a minority.

Musical Tempo
08-01-2008, 02:00 AM
"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," said Artest, who will earn $7.4 million next season and be a free agent next summer. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there. Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."

I found this comments very racist, especially the parts I have highlighted. He actually makes generalizations appear real, espeically to those who haven't lived or seen an American style ghetto. One thing I would like to state is, not all African Americans have brawls after they fell that they have been disrespect, the major walk away or handle it like civilized individuals. CLICK HERE FOR THE MEANING OF GHETTO. (http://www.answers.com/topic/ghetto) If your from a ghetto, or the hood, this doesn't neccessary mean, you pack heat, wear du rags, baggy jeans, etc etc. it means as the definition states. Ron Artest provided to the world, and to me that he is actually a racist. How do other African American on PSD feel of Ron Artests comments about 'Black Culture' and that his action actually represent the real 'Black Culture', over other great African American who have backed away from fighting, and proven to the less fortune that anything is possible even if you are classified as a minority.

Post on other Yao vs. Ron Ron threads not sure which one will get closed.

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 02:04 AM

I'm not black, but it really pissed me off how he labeled his own people to be that "typical".

Last time I checked, Yao played with Deke and Deke is more African than him. He represents his culture for real, not representing a hood or anything. Repping a hood and culture are two different things.

Ron Artest is ignorant as hell and baits other races to hate on black people.

I lost respect for Ron Artest as of this day.

rwp86
08-01-2008, 02:08 AM
ron artest is a good basketball player, but he might be the most moronically stupid player in the NBA.

Crunchy12489
08-01-2008, 02:15 AM
ron artest is a good basketball player, but he might be the most moronically stupid player in the NBA.

He has my vote.

brandt
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5918602.html

uchiha
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
who calls him Ming?

brandt
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
who calls him Ming?

Apparently me. It was a mistake.

brandt
08-01-2008, 11:13 AM
who calls him Ming?

I think people know who i'm talking about.

SHONIE
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Easy for artest to say that stuff. Now he has to back it up.

SHONIE
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM

SHONIE
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM

madiaz3
08-01-2008, 11:18 AM

kingkobe
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Rox07
08-01-2008, 12:36 PM

{º¿º}
08-01-2008, 04:49 PM

_Sn1P3r_
08-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Why is everyone repeating that quote?

maxisgod
08-01-2008, 04:55 PM

yea word prince and pierce are the more hood in the nba