PDA

View Full Version : U.S.A. vs. Turkey

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Just updating for those who werent/arent able to watch the game because of the time. i got lucky and was able to watch most of the game due to my boss being out..had to stop only cuz we have visitors but im sneakin on the pc anyways lol.

From what i saw..as far as the U.S. is concerned..defense still needs to be worked on. We tend to take a quarter and a half before all the adjustments are made and a 2 point lead turns into double digits in the blink of an eye. They still need work on the rotating after a pick and roll is set cuz Turkey was getting a lot of open looks in the first quarter. They got caught sleeping on transition defense a few times with long passes by Turkey.

Positives would be the offense for sure. Good distribution of the ball. Cp3 and Howard on alley's. Good decisions with the ball. Unselfishness. Gettin to the line and hittin the freethrows too.

As far as Wade..from what i saw..still very impressive. Had one aggressive play where he was called for a charge but aside from that..very good. Had a nice move to the basket and a DOPE finish on a reverse layup. He is definitely playing with that "anger" that he described. He's out to prove something and he has me convinced already that the Flash we know is back! His penetration to the basket and his explosiveness is definitely making him hard to defend. I'll try to post box scores when i can. Or you could see them for yourselves lol. If i get to catch any more of the game i'll let you guys know...

daleja424
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM
please tell me you saw the wade split dunk in traffic??? :clap::clap::clap:

MiamiHeat
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
yea i saw it wow talk about quickness and slashing thats the wade i wanna see, but i wanted to see a little more shooting by wade but is all good 12points, cant wait to see him playing with the heat

daleja424
07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
-Wade sick dunk in traffic
-sick crossover and then reverse layup
-3 SICKKKKK passes
-several nice moves on the break to get layups

GOOD GAME FOR WADE...quickness and leaping are back

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
yea i saw that lol. i dont know if i'm gonna be able to watch tomorrow's game. gonna record it on Tivo but not sure if i could watch it live..hope so. sunady i'm staying up without a doubt even though the game is at 3 A.M. maybe i'll take a nap and wake up for it lol. Hate missing games. But yea. Wade looks very good. maybe it's the baldness? lol..hope i could watch 2morrow and wade definitely seems like the 6th man on the team. STILL wish we had another big body in there (chandler/garnett/duncan).

daleja424
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?page=2008teamusaschedule

check out this link...b/c they re-air each game like 5 times... plus NBA tv re-airs the game several times too...

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 10:51 AM
nice. good looks. how do u post a poll up? trying to post something up and im lost. i just see where u could enable it but how do u put in each option?

daleja424
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
once u enable it and click submit thread another page comes up to start the poll options...

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
once u enable it and click submit thread another page comes up to start the poll options...

ok i got it. thanx! helping out Baller with the Polls so we could get this thing moving quicker..gonna be rough after # 7 i think haha. should get interesting

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 12:59 PM
i was up to day to see the game as well and thought that wade played really well

i was a little disappointed with how long Turkey hung around w/o their best player. i think the defense needs alot of work

but all around a strong game for U.S.A

SwaggaIke
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Gotta be the shoes...nevermind, they're Converse. Wade really needs to shoot that move to Nike. But he did look great, once again. The crossover to the up and under layup impressed me the most. It showed he had his body control back, which is matched by none.

fins08
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Good news then, I didn't see the game, but from waht you guys are posting, I guess good news for D-Wade.

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Good news then, I didn't see the game, but from waht you guys are posting, I guess good news for D-Wade.

good news for Heat fans too :clap:

J$mo0th_3o5
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
good news for Heat fans too :clap:

:D:clap: