PDA

View Full Version : Heads up Raps fans: Chuck's last show on the FAN-590 today

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Everyone tune in today. It is chuck's last show on the fan. Be apart of history!! haha What is everyone's fav chuck line, what is the va thing you saw him do on the air?

Cheers

Lets talk about some Chuck!!

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
anybody?

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM
anybody?

I will run some errands around that time and listen to part of it. Can't guarntee I will do more.

pebloemer
07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
I got a small, not very menaingful story to tell about Chuck. I was at the Blue Jays game yesterday with my work and as I was standing outside the Dome before the game and who did I see chatting with some random fans? Chuck Swirsky.

So to start the Chuck talk, I would say something I always appreciated about Chuck is the time he spent talking to fans. He was never too good or too privileged to chat with the average fan. He always lived and breathed for the Toronto Community. Seeing him with a smile on his face chatting with people outside a Blue Jays game just shows his commitment to this city, even though he knows he will be moving so soon.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM
I got a small, not very menaingful story to tell about Chuck. I was at the Blue Jays game yesterday with my work and as I was standing outside the Dome before the game and who did I see chatting with some random fans? Chuck Swirsky.

So to start the Chuck talk, I would say something I always appreciated about Chuck is the time he spent talking to fans. He was never too good or too privileged to chat with the average fan. He always lived and breathed for the Toronto Community. Seeing him with a smile on his face chatting with people outside a Blue Jays game just shows his commitment to this city, even though he knows he will be moving so soon.

Good story, I could not agree more with you in what you are saying. I dont know how many time I sent him an emai and he responded back in under an hour, he would have over 300 messages in a day. For him to get back to almost every fan is an achievement in himself. I also remember playing in the raptors cup for Brock University a few years ago and at a lunch in, Chuck gave this great speech about passion for the game and what it meant to him. He then took the time to have a conversation with me about not just basketball but life in general. He is a standup guy for sure. Also like how he is always willing to listein to someone opinion on sports, even if they are not the brighest guy. Stand up guy. Chuck will be missed.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM
I will run some errands around that time and listen to part of it. Can't guarntee I will do more.

hey bob whatever works as long as you get your last listein of chuck..

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
hey bob whatever works as long as you get your last listein of chuck..

Really in the end, I have decided it won't be my last listen. I will catch some bulls games on TV and I believe Chuck is getting his own radio show over there so I am planning on trying to listen to that online. Long Live Chuck!

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Really in the end, I have decided it won't be my last listen. I will catch some bulls games on TV and I believe Chuck is getting his own radio show over there so I am planning on trying to listen to that online. Long Live Chuck!

I would do that as well but he is only doing bulls radio. He wont be on the tv network calling games. That was the big paycut he took to go back home, go back to radio instead of tv. But I will try and stream online for a listein if possible next season..

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Nice words from Pinball.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM
wow everyone is leaving a nice messsage for chuck, Peddie, Godfrey, Rod Black, Brian Williams, and the list goes on.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Doug Maclean and Jack Armstrong the new hosts of the afternoon show..nice combo!!

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Doug Maclean and Jack Armstrong the new hosts of the afternoon show..nice combo!!

i was offline for a while and wasn't listening. Jack Armstrong? Really? I love Jack but I am not sure what kind of combo those two bring.

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
i was offline for a while and wasn't listening. Jack Armstrong? Really? I love Jack but I am not sure what kind of combo those two bring.

should be interesting and different for sure. I love hearing what jack has to say and he can be very funny. They will have the show from 2-4..

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Is Hockeycentral becoming a 2 hr show?

Chuck is signing off now and thanking peeps/

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Is Hockeycentral becoming a 2 hr show?

Chuck is signing off now and thanking peeps/

Well the 2-4 show with jack and doug will be hockey-basketball related, thats what Chuck said. The 1-2 show will be with Faraway (not sure if it is his name, does the updates) its a sports show, magazine, headlines etc..

Chuck you will be missed!!!!!!

Bob_at_york
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Well the 2-4 show with jack and doug will be hockey-basketball related, thats what Chuck said. The 1-2 show will be with Faraway (not sure if it is his name, does the updates) its a sports show, magazine, headlines etc..

Chuck you will be missed!!!!!!

a 1 hr show? And yes that would be Doug Faraway. I hope they still have call-in portions.

raptors wiseguy
07-31-2008, 10:01 PM
doubt it would happen but wouldnt every1 love to see a bulls-raptors playoff series next year...would love to hear how chuck will call the games

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
a 1 hr show? And yes that would be Doug Faraway. I hope they still have call-in portions.

Yeah I found it weird as well, only a few guys have an hour show. Eric Smith has the rap but thats not on every day. Personally I would of loved to have Eric Smith and maybe Jack Armstrong as the hosts of chucks show. Eric Smith is a very underated broadcaster, I really like him a lot and respect his opinion.

The call in portions will be for the "Game Plan" show with doug and jack. Yes thats right they called it the "Game Plan"..haha

cheers

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
doubt it would happen but wouldnt every1 love to see a bulls-raptors playoff series next year...would love to hear how chuck will call the games

That would be awesome, would love to see it for sure, how would he call it, would be tough for him I bet, though I dont see Chicago making the playoffs.

Bob_at_york
08-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Chuck said yesterday that if we tried hard we could hear his station over here. I think the channel was 1000.

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Chuck said yesterday that if we tried hard we could hear his station over here. I think the channel was 1000.

Yup you heard that right. it was espn 1000. I will tune in every once in a while for sure...only if the raps are not on..haha

Mile High Champ
08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
sorry off topic but im very close to post 2000..