PDA

View Full Version : Semih Erden on ESPN 2!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
07-31-2008, 08:16 AM
our 60th overall pick is taking on USA by himself!

wat a pick by Ainge

Global Celtic
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
WTF??

I don't have ESPN 2 and I'm on a "no-basketball" hangover. :(

AntiG
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
how is he doing?

rufo4100
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
I caught the entire 2nd half. Before I say anything I do realize that Semih was playing against the best NBA players and that his team was down by 30 in the 2nd half but....

I thought he played horrible defense, didnt hustle, block out or rebound well. On the bright side he did have some decent offensive moves though and when he went to the line he shot the ball well also. His lack of defense may have been due to the fact that his team was getting crushed but I wasnt impressed with any part of his defensive game.

I think he has a lot of potential though. Another year playing in Turkey will do him good.

JWalk126
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
I watched the game, Ilyasova was the only player I recognized by mention

tonyd3b54
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I caught the entire 2nd half. Before I say anything I do realize that Semih was playing against the best NBA players and that his team was down by 30 in the 2nd half but....

I thought he played horrible defense, didnt hustle, block out or rebound well. On the bright side he did have some decent offensive moves though and when he went to the line he shot the ball well also. His lack of defense may have been due to the fact that his team was getting crushed but I wasnt impressed with any part of his defensive game.

I think he has a lot of potential though. Another year playing in Turkey will do him good.

all this is a typical european player... nuthing out of the ordinary...

C-Webb
07-31-2008, 12:09 PM
He had some decent offensive moves and the defense wasn't as bad in the first quarter. He wasn't stopping anyone, but he wasn't standing around. He didn't look ready but he looked like a good prospect for sure.

Getting crushed by 30 to a team who won't stop running and when you have no chance to come back is going to make for a defensiveless effort so I look more at what he can do in key matchups when he gets the ball and he didn't look too bad playing basically an all-star team.

Global Celtic
07-31-2008, 07:50 PM
We can't expect him to be a future starter in NBA. Just a good role player, a serviceable center. That's all.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
my honest opinion.

Scal would play infront of him right now.

lets just say i dont think the world of scal either.

tonyd3b54
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
wat number is erden?

Wake's Fastball
07-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Well I mean, he was the #60 pick, which a fair amount of the time gets cut anyways. I actually caught the game out of the corner of my eye at the gym, saw literally one Turkish big and figured it to be Erden. Looks like it could've been.

CelticTradition
08-01-2008, 03:35 AM
my honest opinion.

Scal would play infront of him right now.

lets just say i dont think the world of scal either.

nice sig....though i aint a sox fan :(

BTownTeamsRKing
08-01-2008, 08:54 AM
nice sig....though i aint a sox fan :(

thanks, i thought it really represents Boston sports perfectly. tho i suck at trimming edges

futureheisman
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
great great pick