PDA

View Full Version : What now for shane battier?

TMAC94
07-31-2008, 04:10 AM
What do we do with him? i dont tihnk we can start artest at the 4. i think we have two chocies, battier as our sixth man or we could trade him and maybe luther for a bench scorer, who will become our sixth man and get 10 points a game any thoughts?

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 04:15 AM
He might get traded for a better PG :shrug:.

goku
07-31-2008, 04:30 AM
he will be sixth man

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
What do we do with him? i dont tihnk we can start artest at the 4. i think we have two chocies, battier as our sixth man or we could trade him and maybe luther for a bench scorer, who will become our sixth man and get 10 points a game any thoughts?

He comes off the bench now. There is nothing wrong with that. If Posey could come off the bench then Battier can as well.

HouRealCoach
07-31-2008, 09:05 AM
He comes off the bench now. There is nothing wrong with that. If Posey could come off the bench then Battier can as well.

Yea thats who I see him as

Manos
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I think Artest will start and Battier comes off the bench. They should both get a nice amount of playing time, being that having Artest and Barry, will give McGrady more time to rest. McGrady sits and Battier can come in if we need defense or Barry if we need offense.
When we play small, Yao can rest with a line up of Scola/Landry/Dorsey (5), Artest (4), Shane (3), Tracy/Barry (2) and Alston/Francis/Brooks (1). So hopefully the additions of Barry and Artest will mean about 30 minutes a game for Yao and Tracy which should ease some of the wear and tear, while keeping them fresh for the post season.

bball1217
07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Artest will start and Battier comes off the bench. They should both get a nice amount of playing time, being that having Artest and Barry, will give McGrady more time to rest. McGrady sits and Battier can come in if we need defense or Barry if we need offense.
When we play small, Yao can rest with a line up of Scola/Landry/Dorsey (5), Artest (4), Shane (3), Tracy/Barry (2) and Alston/Francis/Brooks (1). So hopefully the additions of Barry and Artest will mean about 30 minutes a game for Yao and Tracy which should ease some of the wear and tear, while keeping them fresh for the post season.

Well said. I think if we traded Battier, that would just hurt our chemistry and with artest coming you can't risk hurting your chemistry. I believe he have a great chemistry team and Artest will not be a distraction.

tr3ymill3r
07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't think the Rockets are looking now to cast off Battier, because Artest is in the last year of his contract and we all know whether we want to say it or not he is a big risk. Therefore if we get rid of Battier and Artest goes Artest we don't have a good SF or a defensive stopper. Look at what Boston did they had the Big 3, and still had James Posey coming off the bench to lock down and knock down 3 pointers from the corner...just like Battier. Battier is unselfish and won't mind coming off the bench because he knows he'll still get starters minutes, and if we do have to play Boston we can kill 2 of the big 3 with Artest on Pierce, and Battier on Allen. Realistically what would we get for Battier...key word REALISTICALLY...so super traders who come in here after getting on ESPN.com and using the trade simulator get out of here...we're not going to trade Battier to the Hawks for Mike Bibby, or trade Battier, Novak, Luther Head, Steve Francis, 2 draft picks and some basketballs for Deron Williams or Chris Paul. Rafer Alston proved in games 1 and 2 of the Utah series that he is a valuable assest, and yes I do realize he didn't play in those games, my point exactly. We still do have Steve Francis if he comes back healthy and Brookes who we didn't want to trade last year for Artest, these 2 guys arent going to play 30 minutes a game, but more like 15-20 just to spell Rafer. Keep in mind if we want to go crazy we can always use a lineup of Barry, Tmac, Artest, Battier, and Yao, don't say it's not going to happen cause I guarentee we will see that more often than you think.
Trey "Future GM" OUT!!

rocketsfan15
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
keep him as are six man unless a good trade offer happens

Driven
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
If Artest plays the 4, we can afford to keep Battier and trade Landry. Scola would be our sixth man.

agobbi17
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
the rockets are straight gangster now.

TMAC94
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM
why would artest play the 4, when we have th beast could scola?