PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Interested in Adam Dunn

HOWE do i do it
07-31-2008, 02:24 AM
With Jason Bay perhaps out of reach, the Rays are talking to the Reds about Adam Dunn, ESPN's Jayson Stark reports.
The Rays would prefer a right-handed hitter, but with the lineup struggling to score lately, they're becoming more flexible. Dunn would come cheaper than Bay and would provide a major boost against right-handers. Still, the Rays probably won't attempt to finalize a trade until they're sure Bay isn't going to be an option.
Rotoworld

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 02:26 AM
Tampa needs a right-handed bat to complement Longoria and Upton more, IMO. Dunn won't be too bad though. He's a good and underrated player. Will be stat-wise the best DH in the league.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:28 AM
Tampa needs a right-handed bat to complement Longoria and Upton more, IMO. Dunn won't be too bad though. He's a good and underrated player. Will be stat-wise the best DH in the league.
You must mean a left handed bat, since both Longoria and Upton are righties.

It'd make sense for the Rays.

Though, with their luck, the Red sox will likely now inquire about Dunn to keep him from the Rays.

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 02:32 AM
You must mean a left handed bat, since both Longoria and Upton are righties.

It'd make sense for the Rays.

Though, with their luck, the Red sox will likely now inquire about Dunn to keep him from the Rays.

No to go along with Longoria and Upton they need a power right-hand bat. They have 3 solid left-handed hitters in Crawford, Pena and Iwamura. Hinske, Gross and Floyd are both lefties too and all 3 have came up with huge hits and all have some power. They need a right-handed bat to break up the string of lefties because their 3rd right-handed bat (Bartlett) is basically an automatic out.

jdiddy24
07-31-2008, 02:36 AM
so who are the Rays gonna give up?... with that Dbacks Chad Tracy for Dunn deal being discussed im guessing the Rays can do a Bartlett and 3 broken maple bats for Dunn?

CarniifeX
07-31-2008, 02:45 AM
I don't think the Rays are going to make a big move this season. Maybe something later as they push harder for the playoffs. He would make a good DH for this team, but I still do not see this happening.

sixers247
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Yea i think it would be a good move for the Rays but don't see it happening.

nstachowski
07-31-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't think the Rays are going to make a big move this season. Maybe something later as they push harder for the playoffs. He would make a good DH for this team, but I still do not see this happening.

Ummm.. its called the Trading deadline......They cant do anything after today

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Ummm.. its called the Trading deadline......They cant do anything after today
It's the non waiver Deadline.

A player, like Larry Walker to the Cardinals a few years ago in August, can still go down.

PunkShizzle
07-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Some of the NL Central bottom-feeder teams are getting even more ridiculous. Possibility of Bay, Dunn, and Griffey all leaving for the AL?

IndiansFan337
07-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I wonder if the Pirates are holding up the Manny trade by seeing if they can get more for Bay from the Rays?

rriders9
07-31-2008, 12:44 PM
I wonder if the Pirates are holding up the Manny trade by seeing if they can get more for Bay from the Rays?

probably