PDA

View Full Version : Todd Jones to the DL?

DetTigers
07-31-2008, 01:17 AM
Leylands comments after the game were hinting to a possible DL trip for Jones and said they could have another new pitcher there tomorrow from the minors. Jones has some sort of shoulder tendanitis they believe. So more roster moves to come looks like and maybe another trade who knows

smarkow
07-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Yea, "shoulder tendanitis." I think this is an excuse by Leyland because he doesnt want to straight out cut him.

Its really amazing how bad he has been recently. Maybe DD made a good move in picking up the Farns.... we certainly could have used him last night.

hoog
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Well, it's not just Leyland it's Jones using it as an excuse too. Boy, talk about BS. Jones says he's had the pain now for 6 weeks. Nice to hear that now since your giving up homers like crazy. It's time to shut old Todd down and up. Bring up Cruceta and be done with the roller coaster. Cruceta has not given up a run in his last 7 outings. He's ready to combine with Farnsworth to set up Zumaya! Do it Dave.

IndiansFan337
07-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Tigers placed RHP Todd Jones on the 15-day disabled list with shoulder soreness.
Jones revealed recently that he's been pitching through shoulder soreness for over a month and the problem apparently worsened Wednesday. Now the Tigers might think they need additional relief help even after acquiring Kyle Farnsworth. An impending free agent, the 40-year-old Jones may be done in Detroit.
Rotoworld.com

SticklerOfRules
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
May be done in Detroit? LOL! If he gets resigned I'll lose all faith in management.

One Nut Kruk
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
If they re-sign that fat piece of crap, I'll jump ship.

The guy is a joke and thankfully, his career is more than likely over.

Lionsforlife
08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
the Tiges didn't want to re-sign him this season. Zumaya got hurt, forcing their hand, I don't think we have to worry about him being re-signed this year. His only worth is a lockerroom presence, but his days as closer, at least for this team, are definitely over.

However, I don't see them grabbing a big name in the off-season for closer. I wish they would, but I think they may just move Zumaya there next year.

hoog
08-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm almost certain that we've seen the last of TJ in a Tiger uniform this year. We have the month of August then minor league call up's. We won't be giving time to a 40+ washed up pitcher.

TheRedMarauder
08-01-2008, 01:26 PM
An MRI on Todd Jones' shoulder revealed no structural damage.

Instead, Jones says he's dealing with inflammation and tendinitis in his rotator cuff, and that the pain has been getting progressively worse for the last six weeks. When asked if the injury put his season in jeopardy, he said, "I'm fearful that my outings put my season in jeopardy."

rotoworld

smarkow
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
When asked if the injury put his season in jeopardy, he said, "I'm fearful that my outings put my season in jeopardy."

rotoworld

I will say this about Jonesy. He's a man and can admit that he's been suckin it up big time. You have to give him some credit for that. I think he'd be a pretty cool guy to have a few beers with.