PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox, Marlins and Pirates Reach Tentative Agreement?

YankeeFan28
07-30-2008, 11:54 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/content/sports/epaper/2008/07/30/0730ramirez.html

The Marlins have reached a tentative agreement to acquire Manny Ramirez from Boston as part of a three-team deal that will send Jeremy Hermida and three Florida prospects to Pittsburgh, an American League source said Wednesday night.

Officials with the Marlins and Red Sox did not confirm the deal but the source said a tentative agreement was reached about 10 p.m. Wednesday.

The Marlins will get Ramirez for Hermida, right-hander Ryan Tucker and two other prospects, with those four players being flipped to Pittsburgh for outfielder Jason Bay and left-hander John Grabow.

The Red Sox will send the Marlins enough cash to cover the remainder of Ramirez contract, as well as an unnamed prospect.

Pittsburgh gets Hermida and two prospects - two from Florida and one from Boston. One of the Marlins' prospects is believed to be Tucker.

yaowowrocket11
07-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Please be true! I am tired of waiting!

Run Gardner Run
07-30-2008, 11:56 PM
yeah this is getting annoying

iam brett favre
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
:sigh: sorry

Run Gardner Run
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Please! Please be true! AL EAST TITLE HERE WE COME! BACK TO THE BRONX!

We still have the Rays, and were not even in 2nd yet.

iam brett favre
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I know.. im just so happy Manny wont be killing the yanks anymore.
official yankee killer= Kevin Millar :(

YankeeFan28

please stop.

Cullksinikers
Yikes! I wonder how the Red Sox will fare the rest of the season. This trade may very well help the Rays and Yankees a lot.

Tragedy
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
:laugh:

Anyways, I'm not going to be satisfied until I see it announced as final, and to see who along with Bay we get.

YankeeFan28
Marlins get: Manny Ramirez, cash, prospect from Red Sox
Red Sox get: Jason Bay, John Grabow
Pirates get: Ryan Tucker, Jeremy Hermida, one prospect from Red Sox.

sboyajian
It's going to be like this until we find out if Manny is willing to waive (which he will) and if Pit will be happy with who they get.

Run Gardner Run
please stop.

hahaha hes like a boy on christmas. As much as I would like to be excited, their pitching staff and offense is still tough. But I agree with 1 thing he said, no more Manny killing us (at least not until next year)

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 12:00 AM

The rumored Red Sox prospect going to Pittsburg is Hunter Jones.

Strong rumor I'm hearing is Pittsburgh receives FLA Hermida/FLA Tucker/FLA Correa/BOS Jones. Jones is the sticking point as the Marlins are also seeking Jones. At 8:10 p.m. I wrote "Deal could get done tonight. Hermida/Ryan Tucker/Mike Stanton/or pitching prospect to Pittsburgh" It seems like Hermida and Tucker are the two main pieces based on info coming into me since 8:00 p.m. Stanton isn't going anywhere according to sources.

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 12:00 AM
I pray this gets done. Manny has tormented us for far too long.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:01 AM
:laugh:

Anyways, I'm not going to be satisfied until I see it announced as final, and to see who along with Bay we get.

I think its just Grabow...Maybe theres more? But wouldnt it say they were getting something else?

iam brett favre
I'll stop with the predictions.. and continue :dance2:.. is it officially official? or official like last time

Tragedy
Man, I have to say, that doesn't really get me giddy. It'd be exciting to see Bay here. Younger than Ramirez, will hit for power, will not cause drama, is far cheaper (Allows us a bit more flexibility financially), and we have a LFer penciled in for next year (We don't have one if Ramirez stays and walks).

However, I think we need an extra prospect in this deal.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
The rumored Red Sox prospect going to Pittsburg is Hunter Jones.

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/

But there is still 1 more prospect going to FLA

sboyajian
I pray this gets done. Manny has tormented us for far too long.

You should compare the numbers for Bay and Manny.. everything from k's, rbi's, avg, ops, slg, k's, bb, 2b, 3b.. the differences are so small and both lead in different categories..

you may not see a difference in the lineup .. keep in mind, this is not the Manny of yesteryear.

ShinobiNYC
Don't count the Sox out even if they lose Manny, you'll see a lot of motivated players there if he gets traded.

yaowowrocket11
But there is still 1 more prospect going to FLA

Yeah, I understand that. Just wanted to point out the latest rumor on at least one Boston prospect.

HOWE do i do it
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Looks like Tucker is for sure in the deal now.

Tragedy
Don't count the Sox out even if they lose Manny, you'll see a lot of motivated players there if he gets traded.
I think you're right. I think this would be a huge weight lifted, not having to hear such an idiot.

Anyone that thinks the Red Sox will be out of it because Ramirez is (Potentially) off the team is really, really not thinking. Jason Bay is having a very good season (Not much worse than Ramirez), so why can't we continue to compete?

Run Gardner Run
I'll stop with the predictions.. and continue :dance2:.. is it officially official? or official like last time

until Homer Gammons is on my TV crying and screaming at Steve Phillips , I wont believe it

Cullksinikers
This Palm Beach Post report isn't on ESPN yet. They just have a rumor from Buster Olney on the bottomline.

iam brett favre
I'm honestly suprised the Saux fans want Manny gone.. well I guess considering stuff off the field :shrug:

BALLER71
10:33pm: The Palm Beach Post says a tentative agreement has been reached, despite Gammons' comments. Here's the deal:

The Marlins will get Ramirez for Hermida, right-hander Ryan Tucker and two other prospects, with those four players being flipped to Pittsburgh for outfielder Jason Bay and left-hander John Grabow.

The Red Sox will send the Marlins enough cash to cover the remainder of Ramirez contract, as well as an unnamed prospect.

Pittsburgh gets Hermida and two prospects - two from Florida and one from Boston. One of the Marlins' prospects is believed to be Tucker.

Palm Beach post

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Thread already made.

iam brett favre
until Homer Gammons is on my TV crying and screaming at Steve Phillips , I wont believe it

lol ol' pete is so handsome.. steve phillips is so smart

ShinobiNYC
You should compare the numbers for Bay and Manny.. everything from k's, rbi's, avg, ops, slg, k's, bb, 2b, 3b.. the differences are so small and both lead in different categories..

you may not see a difference in the lineup .. keep in mind, this is not the Manny of yesteryear.

Well i doubt Bay would have a .400 BA and a .700 SLG against us like Manny did.

tonyd3b54
manny wasnt gonna be on our team nex year anyway this trade doesnt so much help us now but in 09 so the rays and yanks should be disappointed that this is goin down...cuz instead of just facing papi next year they hav to face papi and bay...

Run Gardner Run
I think you're right. I think this would be a huge weight lifted, not having to hear such an idiot.

Anyone that thinks the Red Sox will be out of it because Ramirez is (Potentially) off the team is really, really not thinking. Jason Bay is having a very good season (Not much worse than Ramirez), so why can't we continue to compete?

I wouldnt say very good season, I would say hes having a good season. But the Red Sox will without a doubt compete until that last series with us, and thats the way it should and meant to be

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:05 AM

Gammons almost broke down debating with Steve Phillips it was like "so your blaming this all on Terry Francona..." on Baseball Tonight before the Cubs-Brewers game.

ShinobiNYC
Manny's direct quote to ESPn Deportes:

“The Red Sox don’t deserve a player like me. During my years here I’ve seen how they have mistreated other great players when they didn’t want them to try to turn the fans against them.

“The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy. I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don’t deserve me. I’m not talking about money. Mental peace has no price and I don’t have peace here.”

You still wanna know why they wanna trade him?

nyyfan4life

New league, new setting, new pitchers, basically new everything for Bay. He will take some time to get adjusted probably. Also who knows how well he plays LF in Fenway. It gets tricky sometimes playing the carom of the monster. Intimidation-wise, Manny will be sorely missed. Who would you seriously rather face, if you are an AL team? Manny or Bay? I bet most teams would prefer to pitch to Bay over Manny.

Run Gardner Run
manny wasnt gonna be on our team nex year anyway this trade doesnt so much help us now but in 09 so the rays and yanks should be disappointed that this is goin down...cuz instead of just facing papi next year they hav to face papi and bay...

and you have to face Arod, and Nady...Oh wait

Cullksinikers
What's Jason Bay's contract situation?

iam brett favre
07-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Manny's direct quote to ESPn Deportes:

ďThe Red Sox donít deserve a player like me. During my years here Iíve seen how they have mistreated other great players when they didnít want them to try to turn the fans against them.

ďThe Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy. I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox donít deserve me. Iím not talking about money. Mental peace has no price and I donít have peace here.Ē

You still wanna know why they wanna trade him?

Sort of...

YankeeFan28
07-31-2008, 12:07 AM
I would love a motivated Manny in pinstripes.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
I think Red Sox fans anger at Manny is leading to them underrating his presence in the lineup

Tragedy
A-Rod. His name keeps popping in my head. Soon, I'm going to make a thread asking Sox fans if they are beginning to regret not going after A-Rod this past offseason.

Sort of...
Then you're insane. He has been nothing but an ******* recently. Why would the Red Sox want that?

jdiddy24
you know this could end with Manny screwing over the Sox and nixing this deal..... I can see him doing that while screaming "Its just Manny being Manny guys"

iam brett favre
God.. Manny in pinstripes=:drool:

tonyd3b54
07-31-2008, 12:09 AM

is that suppose to be ajoke to spite me or sumthin? seriously our lineup in 09 would look really week compared to wat its gonna be now....

lakersinNY
Why do moston fans want manny gone, you guys are crazy , he produces monster numbers and rings . You will also se that big papi will not see any pitches to hit anymore

Tragedy
I think Red Sox fans anger at Manny is leading to them underrating his presence in the lineup
Maybe some, absolutely not me.

He's a force in the 4 spot. I've ALWAYS enjoyed his at bats, because a lot of good usually comes from them. However, we're looking at Ramirez for the final TWO months. We either see him walk at seasons end and get two picks for him (Who won't be ready for years), or we get two guys that help the ball club both now and in the future.

As I've already said, the Red Sox had no LFer penciled in for 2009. There aren't very many good options out there in the offseason to replace Ramirez, either. They did the best they could. They feel that the best replacement for Ramirez for 2009 is Jason Bay, and I agree. Matt Holliday would have cost too much (Will be more expensive), and has iffy road numbers.

darkfire423
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
I love how yankee fans feel that Red Sox losing Manny means they will win the AL east.

Name the last trade the Red Sox got the short end of?

Nomar to the Cubs is a wash. Cuz no one really won that one.

Red Sox Staff is very good at what they do. Yankee fans need to look at the fact they have won a title, let key guys walk away to win it again 3 years later.

Removing Manny from the Red Sox means nothing besides the Red Sox were sick of Manny.

If they turn Manny in to both Bay and Grabow. that is a upgrade becuase of the Pitching help.

As a Cubs fan i have seen what Jason Bay can do. When he is going he is really good. He has more Homers and is a better LF than manny.

I just feel sorry for the Marlins. You get Manny for 3 months. Lose the Playoff spot to the Phils, while losing alot of young talent.

sboyajian
Well i doubt Bay would have a .400 BA and a .700 SLG against us like Manny did.

With all due respect.. we play you guys 6 more times this year. I don't care if Bay only hits .250 off you guys.. I care what he does for the other 47 games...

Run Gardner Run
is that suppose to be ajoke to spite me or sumthin? seriously our lineup in 09 would look really week compared to wat its gonna be now....

Bay is better than 2 draft picks, but I would say the cost of the Yankees getting Nady (= to better than Bay this season imo) and Marte for a weakish package. I think the Pirates GM realized a little late that we stole them and wont let it happen again.

tonyd3b54
07-31-2008, 12:11 AM
no1s underating his presence were just glad we dont hav to deal with his **** anymore and now we geta pretty good 3/4 hitter to replace him instead of getting jack shiiiit in the end and seeing him walk

jdiddy24
Why do moston fans want manny gone, you guys are crazy , he produces monster numbers and rings . You will also se that big papi will not see any pitches to hit anymore

obviously you havent paid attention to anything in the past 2 weeks...

.... and Papi will see plenty of pitches with Bay (who is hitting better than Manny) and Youk and Drew tearing it up

Run Gardner Run
I love how yankee fans feel that Red Sox losing Manny means they will win the AL east.

Name the last trade the Red Sox got the short end of?

Nomar to the Cubs is a wash. Cuz no one really won that one.

Red Sox Staff is very good at what they do. Yankee fans need to look at the fact they have won a title, let key guys walk away to win it again 3 years later.

Removing Manny from the Red Sox means nothing besides the Red Sox were sick of Manny.

If they turn Manny in to both Bay and Grabow. that is a upgrade becuase of the Pitching help.

As a Cubs fan i have seen what Jason Bay can do. When he is going he is really good. He has more Homers and is a better LF than manny.

I just feel sorry for the Marlins. You get Manny for 3 months. Lose the Playoff spot to the Phils, while losing alot of young talent.

Gag-ne?

sboyajian
They get manny for free for 3 months and then get two draft picks as a supplement. That's a good deal for them.

yaowowrocket11

08:$5.75M
09:$7.5M

Contract ends after the 2009 season.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Oh, really? Remember when Ramirez was out the last 6 weeks back in 2006?

David's numbers, without Ramirez:

.292 BA, .480 OBP, 1.146 OPS, 7 HR's.

That, by the way, without anything that great behind him (Still have Youkilis, now Bay, Lowell, etc).

sboyajian
Gag-ne?

Hindsight.. he was pitching extremely well when the deal was made.. it's not like he was pitching terribly and we still traded for him.

Run Gardner Run
no1s underating his presence were just glad we dont hav to deal with his **** anymore and now we geta pretty good 3/4 hitter to replace him instead of getting jack shiiiit in the end and seeing him walk

What **** did you have to deal with to be exact? He said he loves Boston and its fans, but he is pissed at the FO. Unless you work for the FO, it has nothing to do with you

x_notorious

4 years/$18.25M (2006-09)

* signed extension 11/05
* $1M signing bonus
* 06:$0.75M, 07:$3.25M, 08:$5.75M, 09:$7.5M

Very cheap, for a player his caliber.

YankeeFan28
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM
They get manny for free for 3 months and then get two draft picks as a supplement. That's a good deal for them.

I don't think they'll get draft picks. I heard somewhere that Manny is only accepting this deal if Florida does not pick up his option and they do not offer him arbitration...

could be wrong though.

yaowowrocket11
Gag-ne?

What does Gagne have to do with anything? :pity:

Tragedy
Gag-ne?
:puke:

NEVER mention that name again!

Run Gardner Run
Hindsight.. he was pitching extremely well when the deal was made.. it's not like he was pitching terribly and we still traded for him.

He asked what was the last trade you got the short end on and that was it

sboyajian
07-31-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't think they'll get draft picks. I heard somewhere that Manny is only accepting this deal if Florida does not pick up his option and they do not offer him arbitration...

could be wrong though.
should they not get them simply because he is a top level player entering FA?

Raidaz4Life
God.. Manny in pinstripes=:drool:

pay him that 25 mil over the next 4 years and you got it.

YankeeFan28
should they not get them simply because he is a top level player entering FA?

you have to offer a player arbitration, and have the player decline to get compensated...

Run Gardner Run
pay him that 25 mil over the next 4 years and you got it.

No thanks. Rather pad the rotation by over paying Sabathia, and possibly Tex

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 12:15 AM

could be wrong though.
Interesting, about the arbitration. I'm not sure the Marlins do this deal if they can't offer him arbitration. Anyone hear this?

sboyajian
He asked what was the last trade you got the short end on and that was it

But he said it on the premise that the decision was made with poor judgement.. not which one turned out bad, but what decision to trade was bad. The decision to trade was good. The outcome because he's a fat, blind slob was bad.

Chan790

Don't they have to tender him an offer or arbitration to get the two picks? That isn't going to happen...he might take it and that's the last thing they want.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Interesting, about the arbitration. I'm not sure the Marlins do this deal if they can't offer him arbitration. Anyone hear this?

Yeah, this was mentioned on here before

sboyajian
07-31-2008, 12:16 AM
you have to offer a player arbitration, and have the player decline to get compensated...

fair enough.. I was mistaken.

I thought we had gotten them for Gagne, and I don't recall offering him Arb.. maybe I'm remembering wrong.

mballa22191
07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
why are the marlins doing this. i guess they will be happy with getting the picks. no way he will resign....they might has well of given cabera his money if they do that

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Notice Met and Phillie fan comments are at a minimum in here?

-Lavigne43-
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
In an article updated at 11:50 pm EDT, SI.com's Jon Heyman says that a deal between the Marlins and Red Sox for Manny Ramirez is close and that the teams have relayed their dealings to the commissioner's office.
That goes along with what Will Carroll wrote earlier. The Red Sox will need Bud Selig's approval since they're expected to pick up the $7 million that Ramirez is still owed as part of a deal.

roto

Sick Of It All
07-31-2008, 12:19 AM
fair enough.. I was mistaken.

I thought we had gotten them for Gagne, and I don't recall offering him Arb.. maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Gagne was not a type A free agent.

To get the picks a team has to offer arbitration and the player not accept or they get compensation if the player signs before the deadline to offer arbitration passes. The deadline is usually sometime in the 1st couple of weeks in December.

MarkieMark48
great a canadian player thats said he wants to play for the blue jays killing them 20 times a year.. awesome

BALLER71

Gotta love that.

Anyways I find it funny that everyone said no way in hell the Marlins would get Manny, and here we are very close to acquiring him.

Run Gardner Run
Whoa, delete those please

yaowowrocket11
In an article updated at 11:50 pm EDT, SI.com's Jon Heyman says that a deal between the Marlins and Red Sox for Manny Ramirez is close and that the teams have relayed their dealings to the commissioner's office.
That goes along with what Will Carroll wrote earlier. The Red Sox will need Bud Selig's approval since they're expected to pick up the $7 million that Ramirez is still owed as part of a deal.

roto

This rumor was updated:

That goes along with what Will Carroll wrote earlier. The Red Sox will need Bud Selig's approval since they're expected to pick up the $7 million that Ramirez is still owed as part of a deal. Heyman says it's no lock that the Pirates will be part of the trade, though Pittsburgh is clearly in Boston's ideal scenario. The Red Sox want Jason Bay, but they could try to mix in a different third team. Heyman adds that the Dodgers were willing to part with Matt Kemp for Ramirez, but that those talks are on the sidelines now.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:20 AM
BBTN on. Peter Gammons explosion coming

BIGD
07-31-2008, 12:21 AM
if this goes down the fish just got the best lineup in baseball

YankeeFan28
Does anyone think this is going to backfire on Manny? He pretty much forced himself out of Boston with his mouth. Karma is a *****. I can see him getting injured and not getting a huge deal that he prefers.

Hopefully not, because it's time for Manny to come back home! at a reasonable price IMO

sboyajian
Gagne was not a type A free agent.

To get the picks a team has to offer arbitration and the player not accept or they get compensation if the player signs before the deadline to offer arbitration passes. The deadline is usually sometime in the 1st couple of weeks in December.

Did he drop down after his terrible second half? I know he was still considered one for most of the season..

I pretty much washed my hands on Gagne the day the WS ended .. I never really saw what we did with him except distance ourselves as much as possible once the Mitchell Report came out.

odiz
07-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Offensively, at this point in his career Manny is about equal with Bay and Bay is much better defensively, plus no more distractions and the Sox can get on with baseball. So im not sure why all these Yankee fans are proclaiming the division theirs, IMO this deal makes Boston better.

PhillyAllDay17

I think if the Red Sox are getting Jason Bay and Grabow that the Marlins are kind of stupid. I'm pretty sure I'd rather get those two players than add Manny.

Am I wrong?

Run Gardner Run
Does anyone think this is going to backfire on Manny? He pretty much forced himself out of Boston with his mouth. Karma is a *****. I can see him getting injured and not getting a huge deal that he prefers.

Hopefully not, because it's time for Manny to come back home! at a reasonable price IMO

How do you think we empty our team to get him though? Trade Matsui and Melky and let Abreu go?

sboyajian

Manny will not go anywhere for a reasonable price, not with Boras running that show.

YankeeFan28
07-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Manny will not go anywhere for a reasonable price, not with Boras running that show.

I personally would pay Manny 3/60M and have him be our DH then give Teixeira the huge LONG contract he wants...for pretty much the same production.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:24 AM

Hahaha I forgot about that. Remember how Manny was pledging his alligiance to Boston earlier in the season saying he wasnt leaving and going to discuss a discounted extention?

Sick Of It All
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Did he drop down after his terrible second half? I know he was still considered one for most of the season..

I pretty much washed my hands on Gagne the day the WS ended .. I never really saw what we did with him except distance ourselves as much as possible once the Mitchell Report came out.

Yes he did.

YankeeFan89
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
I HOPE THIS DEAL GOES THROUGH....Now i don't have to worry about watching Manny smacking homeruns off us. phewww.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Yankee fans, stop gloating about this trade being good for the AL East, Red Sox dont like it, and they will deny it which means it will not go anywhere good.

Cullksinikers
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!! Did you see Manny in the dugout on Baseball Tonight on ESPN?! He was sarcastically smiling and also holding up a sign that said:

I'M GOING TO GREEN BAY FOR BRETT FAVRE STRAIGHT UP

YankeeFan89

LMFAO ahaha...it's true..

sboyajian
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Yankee fans, stop gloating about this trade being good for the AL East, Red Sox dont like it, and they will deny it which means it will not go anywhere good.

not our fault you won't compare their numbers.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Well Manny does run to first base in 5.70 seconds

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
not our fault you won't compare their numbers.

Thats not the point. No one knows how he will fare against AL pitching even though the NL pitchers are bigger names, its different to play in the AL. Not to mention he is trying to fill the void left by a HOFer

mballa22191
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Angles get better red sox get worse? not good for the sox

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Steve Phillips just said the Red Sox will not make the playoffs if Manny is traded

Sighhhh...I guess that does it, they are making the playoffs

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:32 AM
LMFAO ahaha...it's true..

They wont admit they are worried (Met fans atleast) but they are.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Poor Girardi and Farnsworth...............

sboyajian
Steve Phillips just said the Red Sox will not make the playoffs if Manny is traded

Someone should just shoot him now.. he's such a tool.

sboyajian
Thats not the point. No one knows how he will fare against AL pitching even though the NL pitchers are bigger names, its different to play in the AL. Not to mention he is trying to fill the void left by a HOFer

Exactly. For all you know, he could hit .500 against you.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Poor Girardi and Farnsworth...............

Hahaha they were broken up by their parents

YankeeFan89
07-31-2008, 12:34 AM

Haha i hate baseball tonight guys....bring back harold reynolds!

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Exactly. For all you know, he could hit .500 against you.

Lets not get carried away.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Haha i hate baseball tonight guys....bring back harold reynolds!

Robert Stanbury isnt bad.

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
I hate watching BB2N usually but today it was purely comedic when Gammons started getting pissed at Steve Phillips before the Brewers game. It was awesome. Two of my least favorite analysts going at it.

papipapsmanny
07-31-2008, 12:37 AM
so is the deal done??

i like the deal we are pretty much getting Ramirez/s production that he has this season for the next , hopefully 5 seasons if they extend bay which shouldnt be too hard for the sox

Kenny
07-31-2008, 12:38 AM

Marlins needed a pitcher. We all know they hit homeruns and dont play defense. All this does is add to that.

Boston-Born
I hate watching BB2N usually but today it was purely comedic when Gammons started getting pissed at Steve Phillips before the Brewers game. It was awesome. Two of my least favorite analysts going at it.

hahah it wouldn't be because they are the biggest red sox homers, is it?

Run Gardner Run

Homer Gammons almost had a stroke

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:39 AM

Actually Steve Phillips loves the Mets. Even though they fired him, thats why I do this when he sucks the Mets ****:confused:

Run Gardner Run
Marlins needed a pitcher. We all know they hit homeruns and dont play defense. All this does is add to that.

ok...

sboyajian
Lets not get carried away.

Just proving a point based on what you said.. no one knows how he's going to do. For all we know he could come in and be a dud. He could also come in and absolutely tear **** up.

We only have 6 games against you guys.. if he hits for his avg.. I'm a happy guy.. it also means he'd average about 1.5 HR's in those 6 games.. seems just as deadly as manny..

m26555
Johnson, Olsen, Nolasco, Volstad, and now Sanchez. Yeah, they needed a pitcher. :rolleyes:

Know what you're talking about before you post.

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 12:40 AM

Gammons used to be a pretty decent reporter but now he's just a Red Sox homer. Phillips is just a plain tool. He can go **** himself with a massive dildo for all I care.

sboyajian
07-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Gammons used to be a pretty decent reporter but now he's just a Red Sox homer. Phillips is just a plain tool. He can go **** himself with a massive dildo for all I care.
new suggestion.. he's done that one.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Just proving a point based on what you said.. no one knows how he's going to do. For all we know he could come in and be a dud. He could also come in and absolutely tear **** up.

We only have 6 games against you guys.. if he hits for his avg.. I'm a happy guy.. it also means he'd average about 1.5 HR's in those 6 games.. seems just as deadly as manny..

Chances are he is a little better because of the GM, not noticable but still a little better

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Steve Berthiaume: "Souvenir City", "Eeeeeeeeeiyyy....", "Fill Thine Horn With Oil....And Go", "Carlos Que-eh, no he did-eh!", "QUICK: WHICH MOLINA? Bengie/Yadier/Jose, Correct, Thanks For Playing America's Favorite Game, Name that Molina", "The Giambino!", "O-Dog!", "The Nation", "Youk-Dog", "Fundementally Sound", "And It's Ocho Cinco For the Save", "Fa Threh", "...The Whole Thing", "(Name here) Your thoughts?", "Say Hello To My Little Friend!", etc.

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Actually Steve Phillips loves the Mets. Even though they fired him, thats why I do this when he sucks the Mets ****:confused:

Not really. He usually ***** on both the Mets and Yankees equally. He just hates NY, IMO.

Do any of you remember the BB2N special they did a while back, where it was Phillips against Phillips and he was debating against himself? At that time I thought, that the show couldn't have gotten any lower.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Steve Berthiaume: "Souvenir City", "Eeeeeeeeeiyyy....", "Fill Thine Horn With Oil....And Go", "Carlos Que-eh, no he did-eh!", "QUICK: WHICH MOLINA? Bengie/Yadier/Jose, Correct, Thanks For Playing America's Favorite Game, Name that Molina", "The Giambino!", "O-Dog!", "The Nation", "Youk-Dog", "Fundementally Sound", "And It's Ocho Cinco For the Save", "Fa Threh", "...The Whole Thing", "(Name here) Your thoughts?", "Say Hello To My Little Friend!", etc.

I HATE THIS QUOTE SO MUCH, IT PISSES ME OFF SOOOO MUCH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Chris Singleton bores me to death.

TheHoopsProphet
07-31-2008, 12:43 AM
well, this deal would certainly make the red sox whiter, if nothing else for Theo.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:44 AM
I HATE THIS QUOTE SO MUCH, IT PISSES ME OFF SOOOO MUCH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If your a Mets fan, I completely understand.

Run Gardner Run
Not really. He usually ***** on both the Mets and Yankees equally. He just hates NY, IMO.

Do any of you remember the BB2N special they did a while back, where it was Phillips against Phillips and he was debating against himself? At that time I thought, that the show couldn't have gotten any lower.

hahaha yeah I remember that, it seemed like it was a last minute thing... But its not as bad as ESPN promoting live shows from 9am-3pm with that 20 year old kid walking around with the countdown clock and stuttering on every word and saying the Tigers got Pudge Rodriguez in a trade

Run Gardner Run
If your a Mets fan, I completely understand.

Im a Yankee fan, but its soo annoying

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:45 AM
well, this deal would certainly make the red sox whiter, if nothing else for Theo.

See thats why I thought they would have traded him to the Mets for like Ryan Church or something.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:46 AM
hahaha yeah I remember that, it seemed like it was a last minute thing... But its not as bad as ESPN promoting live shows from 9am-3pm with that 20 year old kid walking around with the countdown clock and stuttering on every word and saying the Tigers got Pudge Rodriguez in a trade

At the bowling alley....ESPN can be a joke sometimes, but Baseball Tonight is my favorite show, even though Steve can be an oddball.

papipapsmanny
07-31-2008, 12:46 AM

its kind of funny cause that guy is live, and he has ****ed up a lot so its hilarious sometimes

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:47 AM
I like when its BBTN with Singleton and Olney. I hate Homer Gammons, Stool Phillips, and Estrada

nyyfan4life
Erin Andrews is the only thing that makes ESPN bearable. She's a babe.

Run Gardner Run
its kind of funny cause that guy is live, and he has ****ed up a lot so its hilarious sometimes

ALOT ALOT. At least 5 times per segment.

Cullksinikers
Only a little more than 11 more days guys!

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Only a little more than 11 more days guys!

I need conformation from the kid going through Puberty

sboyajian
07-31-2008, 12:49 AM

you're about as funny as the hole at the end of a penis.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:49 AM
I need conformation from the kid going through Puberty

ME? Or the LIVE guy for ESPN 9-3?

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM
ME? Or the LIVE guy for ESPN 9-3?

Live guy.

m26555
07-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Before you call me an imbecile, maybe you should realize that the Marlins JUST got Johnson back this month and are 4-0 in his starts and are getting Sanchez back tomorrow. The Marlins have been winning lately because of their PITCHING. The days of Mark Hendrickson, Burke Badenhop, and Rick Vanden Hurk being in their rotation are over. Nice post. Ignoramus...

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
There are 2 scenerios that will cause this not to happen

1. Manny declines

2. Tampa Bay swoopes in and makes a better offer for Bay

Until its on a reliable source, I dont see this as finalized

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
With Manny****, the Marlins should hit, for the next 2 months.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:54 AM
The good old NL EAST. This is what make baseball and the MLB great, rivalries and debates.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Arthur Rhodes' last game as a Seattle Mariner?

Doylerules90
07-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Arthur Rhodes' last game as a Seattle Mariner?

Isn't he headed to the Marlins?

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Isn't he headed to the Marlins?

I think so.

TheBatchelor213
07-31-2008, 12:58 AM
i dont see the Marlins doing this, this seemingly goes against everything they stand for, they would be giving up way too much for a rental

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 01:00 AM
BBTN Over. They never talked about this Palm Beach Report story about the tentative agreement of the Marlins/Red Sox/Pirates.

PapelbonLester
07-31-2008, 01:00 AM
maybe they feel like this year is a better chance then next. or maybe there finally ready to fork over money and sign him to an extension

zachajawea
07-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Before you call me an imbecile, maybe you should realize that the Marlins JUST got Johnson back this month and are 4-0 in his starts and are getting Sanchez back tomorrow. The Marlins have been winning lately because of their PITCHING. The days of Mark Hendrickson, Burke Badenhop, and Rick Vanden Hurk being in their rotation are over. Nice post. Ignoramus...

you honestly dont know what you are talking about.

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 01:01 AM
If it wasnt announced officially yet, it wont be until tomorrow

Redsox07Champs
07-31-2008, 01:02 AM
this would be a great deal for the red sox. it sounds a whole lot like the nomar deal in 04.

bay is replacing manny like Ocab did with Nomar, and the Sox would be getting a reliable LHP that they need like they did getting meintwhjggswuyfs when they needed better defense

IN THEO WE TRUST

Kenny
07-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Johnson, Olsen, Nolasco, Volstad, and now Sanchez. Yeah, they needed a pitcher. :rolleyes:

And none of them won more then 12 games in a season

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Crazy day in the world of sports.

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 01:08 AM

Prince Fielder has 12 donuts on his bat as shown in my signature.

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 01:08 AM

Because a W-L record is a great way to judge a pitcher. :rolleyes:

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 01:09 AM

Neither has Pelfrey

CubsRule08
07-31-2008, 01:09 AM
BBTN Over. They never talked about this Palm Beach Report story about the tentative agreement of the Marlins/Red Sox/Pirates.

I think its because it proves Peter Gammons wrong, and they dont want to show him he's wrong :D

-Lavigne43-
07-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Here’s the thing, I’ve heard the Manny to Florida deal in about five different variations, and if you add in the variations from Will and John, it probably gets into the teens. My best source has it as (and this is somewhat simpler than others):

Mike Stanton (Low-A slugger), Ryan Tucker and Jeremy Hermida go to Pittsburgh

Jason Bay and John Grabow go to Boston

Manny Ramirez goes to Florida, with Boston paying every cent of what’s still owed to him this year.

Who’s right? Who’s wrong? I don’t know, but my guess is nobody nails this one until it’s done.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=968

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 01:12 AM
I think its because it proves Peter Gammons wrong, and they dont want to show him he's wrong :D

He's a HOFer! He can't do or get anything wrong....

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 01:13 AM

They wanna suck up to him so he doesnt die on the set yelling at Steve Phillips

Dr.Philly
07-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Gee... I guess the Marlins are going to win the N.L. East, just like the Braves did when they got "Big Tex" last year.

I guess the Phils and Mets should just call it a season.:pity:

Cullksinikers
07-31-2008, 01:14 AM
Hawk and D.J. (White Sox Announcers) make me ill. It's on a local sports show. They do these stupid commercials advertising the Chicago White Sox tickets to U.S. Never Cell Out Field.

Strumpy
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM
I just don't want Theo to give up any big time prospects...

NYK|NYY
07-31-2008, 01:19 AM
They wanna suck up to him so he doesnt die on the set yelling at Steve Phillips

Wow that just made my night. Thank you

redsox4ever36
07-31-2008, 01:22 AM
I want power hitting prospects for manny, and then they sign bonds. Best left handed combo in baseball, rebuilding on the run, still in contention, makes sense to me.

NyC KrN BoY89
07-31-2008, 01:37 AM
I want power hitting prospects for manny, and then they sign bonds. Best left handed combo in baseball, rebuilding on the run, still in contention, makes sense to me.

haha keep dreaming.

RCFSU
07-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Gee... I guess the Marlins are going to win the N.L. East, just like the Braves did when they got "Big Tex" last year.

I guess the Phils and Mets should just call it a season.:pity:

NO, please dont call it a season! its fun beating you guys.

quiksilver2491
07-31-2008, 01:42 AM

Volstad has started what....3 games? Johnson is just starting to come back from major surgery. Sanchez is coming back from injury and hasn't thrown a pitch all year. Olsen has been inconsistent and Nolasco is the only one who has actually proven to be effective this year. I wouldn't exactly want to rely on that pitching staff to bring me deep into the playoffs.

papipapsmanny
07-31-2008, 01:46 AM
i dont get how this is a 3 team deal if the sox arent getting anything from the marlins and marlins from the pirates

it just seems that its a boston marlins trade and then boston decides what to do with what they get

NYYCowboys
07-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Overall as a Yankees fan I'd be thrilled if the Red Sox made this deal. Manny and Bay's stats are similar this season, but there are a few reasons why this would be a stupid trade for the Red Sox. Bay has basically played his whole career with the Pirates who have never made the playoffs since he's been there, and have never been in a pennant race. So it's yet to be seen if he can hit when the pressures on. Secondly, if you think David Ortiz will see the same pitches hes been seeing with Manny batting behind, with Jason Bay batting behind him you are out of your mind. Bay is a good player but he doesn't command the respect Manny does. Manny makes their lineup go, and without him their lineup isn't nearly as scary. So it's a win win for Yankees fans Boston gets worse, and a team chasing the Mets gets better.

quiksilver2491
07-31-2008, 01:51 AM
I just don't want Theo to give up any big time prospects...

It will most likely be Hunter Jones, he was interesting but I would give him up without second thought. On a side note I just wish we were getting more prospects back in this deal. Grabow is an average relief pitcher so I don't understand why he is holding so much value in this trade.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 01:52 AM
It's pretty clear that Manny is a ****ing *****.

Why? He's basically FORCING the Red Sox to trade him. I think it all started with the Youkilis incident. It moved on to the traveling secratary incident. After that, it was his "knee" injury. After that? The comments. All the comments he's made trying to get himself traded.

I think Ramirez realized that the Red Sox were probably going to pick up his two option years at seasons end and then trade him. That didn't sit well with Ramirez, a man who just recently signed on with Scott Boras. If the Red Sox pick up those two options, he doesn't hit the market again until after 2010 - And at that time, being 38 years old, he may not be as desirable. He's forced his way out of Boston on purpose, and now he's going to make sure the options aren't picked up so he can hit the market with Scott Boras to cash in on a much, much better deal.

With that said, I think Manny Ramirez plays for the New York Yankees next season.

quiksilver2491
07-31-2008, 01:53 AM
i dont get how this is a 3 team deal if the sox arent getting anything from the marlins and marlins from the pirates

it just seems that its a boston marlins trade and then boston decides what to do with what they get

3 Team deals don't require each team to swap players, actually they work out like this more often than not.

vladdy#27
07-31-2008, 01:55 AM
What does a tentative agreement mean 99% chance it gets done?

ccspence8
07-31-2008, 01:55 AM
It will most likely be Hunter Jones, he was interesting but I would give him up without second thought. On a side note I just wish we were getting more prospects back in this deal. Grabow is an average relief pitcher so I don't understand why he is holding so much value in this trade.

Its basically the Marlins way of ****ing us over.

They only give up Hermida and an average prospect and they get Manny Ramirez, Hunter Jones, and 2 prospects when he leaves in the offseason.

The deal hasn't gone done because we're getting ****ed over and the Marlins haven't given enough. I wish the Sox would just go after Kemp who the Dodgers said they'll give up for Manny. WTF are you doing THEO?

NYYCowboys
07-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Who bats fourth for the Sox if this trade goes down? I think Lowell would be better than Bay at protecting Ortiz but I don't get to see them play everyday so I don't really know what they'd be more prone to do.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 01:56 AM
What does a tentative agreement mean 99% chance it gets done?
For the most part, yes.

Though, Ramirez/A-Rod was "tentatively agreed" as well. Just saying..

The deal hasn't gone done because we're getting ****ed over and the Marlins haven't given enough. I wish the Sox would just go after Kemp who the Dodgers said they'll give up for Manny. WTF are you doing THEO?
The Dodgers NEVER said they'd give Kemp for Ramirez. If they did, don't you think Kemp would be on the Sox by now?

papipapsmanny
07-31-2008, 01:57 AM
History has shows that without ramirez in the lineup Ortiz's stats are really not affected at all

Dr.Philly
07-31-2008, 01:58 AM
Its basically the Marlins way of ****ing us over.

They only give up Hermida and an average prospect and they get Manny Ramirez, Hunter Jones, and 2 prospects when he leaves in the offseason.

Yeah, Kemp is going to be a monster.

papipapsmanny
07-31-2008, 01:59 AM
For the most part, yes.

The Dodgers NEVER said they'd give Kemp for Ramirez. If they did, don't you think Kemp would be on the Sox by now?

that deal was done only thing that blocked that was the mlb PA didnt allow the arod to restructure his contract

there isnt anything like that in this deal

ccspence8
07-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Who bats fourth for the Sox if this trade goes down? I think Lowell would be better than Bay at protecting Ortiz but I don't get to see them play everyday so I don't really know what they'd be more prone to do.

depends it would either be Drew, Bay or Youkilis

Drew bats well hitting 3rd, Bay would give security and Youkilis can hit anywhere.

Personally I'd do this

Pedroia
Youkilis
Drew
Ortiz
Bay
Lowell
Lowrie
Varitek
Ellsbury

or

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Youkilis
Ortiz
Bay
Drew
Lowell
Varitek
Lowrie

quiksilver2491
It's pretty clear that Manny is a ****ing *****.

Why? He's basically FORCING the Red Sox to trade him. I think it all started with the Youkilis incident. It moved on to the traveling secratary incident. After that, it was his "knee" injury. After that? The comments. All the comments he's made trying to get himself traded.

I think Ramirez realized that the Red Sox were probably going to pick up his two option years at seasons end and then trade him. That didn't sit well with Ramirez, a man who just recently signed on with Scott Boras. If the Red Sox pick up those two options, he doesn't hit the market again until after 2010 - And at that time, being 38 years old, he may not be as desirable. He's forced his way out of Boston on purpose, and now he's going to make sure the options aren't picked up so he can hit the market with Scott Boras to cash in on a much, much better deal.

With that said, I think Manny Ramirez plays for the New York Yankees next season.

At first I thought that and then after a second thought I doubt that will happen. They are already piled up in the OF and DH spots with Nady, Damon, Matsui, Abreu and Melky and possible Gardner all looking for spots then add in Jason Giambi who has to go somewhere and I just don't see where Manny would fit unless they got rid of a lot of those guys which I just don't see them doing, especially after they saw what headaches Manny caused for the Sox. Then again they are the Yankees, you can't rule anything out with them and they would do something like this just to get back at the Red Sox. Lets just hope they sign him to a huge deal and it ends up blowing up in their faces :D

papipapsmanny
A lineup of

Pedrioa
Youkilis
Ortiz
Bay
Lowell
Drew
Lowrie
Tek
ellsbury is still a very good lineup imo

and if ellsbury could find his swing again then we could bat drew/youkilis 7th

ccspence8
07-31-2008, 02:02 AM
For the most part, yes.

Yes they did.

Marlins willing to give up Willingham/Hermida
Phillies willing to give up Victorino
Mets willing to give up no one :P
Dodgers willing to give up Kemp/Ethier

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:04 AM
that deal was done only thing that blocked that was the mlb PA didnt allow the arod to restructure his contract

there isnt anything like that in this deal
Money is still being transferred. The commissioners office could take issue with it (I don't believe they will). Anything is possible with Bud Selig.

ccspence8
07-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah, Kemp is going to be a monster.

BTW whose the chick in ur sig?

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:06 AM
Yes they did.

Marlins willing to give up Willingham/Hermida
Phillies willing to give up Victorino
Mets willing to give up no one :P
Dodgers willing to give up Kemp/Ethier
What the hell are you even talking about?

-Phillies said publicly they were not interested.
-Mets said they were not interested.
-Dodgers said publicly they were not interested.

Again: If the Red Sox could have gotten their hands on Matt Kemp, do you not think it would have already happened? A 36 year old OFer in his final season for a 23 year old under contract for years to come who still has his best seasons ahead of him? Be realistic, please. The Red Sox aren't going to reject an offer with Kemp to turn around and take Bay.

Jonathan2323
07-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Mets and Phils fans reaction to the possible trade:sad2::surrender::hide::puke::ohno::ohno::ohn o::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::speechless::speechless: :cry::cry::puke::puke::puke::cry::cry::cry::ohno:

NL east Favorites because they are the best Hitting team(if deal gets done) and Pitching team in the Division

quiksilver2491
07-31-2008, 02:09 AM
Well if the deal gets completed we have to have Drew step up his play again like he did in the absence of Ortiz (maybe not to that level of play but a consistent bat from him would be nice). Youkilis also will need to carry some of the load for the offense, which I believe he can do as he has progressed a lot this year. If Bay can produce like he did in Pittsburgh then we might have quite a potent offense but he could deffinitely struggle in the translation. Overall the deal wasn't bad, I just don't think the value was right for the player we are giving up, with that said we didn't have much choice with the situation Manny put us in so good job by Theo to come away with a decent bat.

ccspence8
07-31-2008, 02:11 AM
No **** every team is gonna deny the rumors once they stop talking about trading them. Plenty of GM's shoot down rumors and then the next day make a deal involving the player.

Its just like Sox/Yanks players that say they won't play for the rival team.

Damon, Wells, Cone etc.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:12 AM
At first I thought that and then after a second thought I doubt that will happen. They are already piled up in the OF and DH spots with Nady, Damon, Matsui, Abreu and Melky and possible Gardner all looking for spots then add in Jason Giambi who has to go somewhere and I just don't see where Manny would fit unless they got rid of a lot of those guys which I just don't see them doing, especially after they saw what headaches Manny caused for the Sox. Then again they are the Yankees, you can't rule anything out with them and they would do something like this just to get back at the Red Sox. Lets just hope they sign him to a huge deal and it ends up blowing up in their faces :D
But:

-Abreu: FA after this season. RF becomes open.
-Damon: LF next year.
-Cabrera: CF next year.
-Matsui: Could take over in RF if they decide nto to bring back Abreu.
-Giambi: FA after this season.

There is plenty of room to add Manny Ramirez for next year. He'd be perfect for their open DH role.

marlinsfan24
07-31-2008, 02:12 AM
Two prominent Marlins prospects who have been mentioned — Class AA right-hander Ryan Tucker and Class A outfielder Michael Stanton — will not be in the trade, Marlins sources said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8391628

CarniifeX
07-31-2008, 02:14 AM
He can waive his no trade clause no? He most likely will.

Jonathan2323
07-31-2008, 02:14 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8391628

who the hell is going to be in the trade then it looks like we are going to get the best deal ever.

PhillyUD26
07-31-2008, 02:16 AM
No **** every team is gonna deny the rumors once they stop talking about trading them. Plenty of GM's shoot down rumors and then the next day make a deal involving the player.

Its just like Sox/Yanks players that say they won't play for the rival team.

Damon, Wells, Cone etc.

Do you honestly think that Theo would turn down a deal for Kemp? I mean seriously that would be the stupidest non-move ever. The Dodgers didn't offer Kemp.

rriders9
07-31-2008, 02:16 AM
Well that sucks, Marlins might be the favorites now in the NL East

Run Gardner Run
07-31-2008, 02:17 AM
But:

-Abreu: FA after this season. RF becomes open.
-Damon: LF next year.
-Cabrera: CF next year.
-Matsui: Could take over in RF if they decide nto to bring back Abreu.
-Giambi: FA after this season.

There is plenty of room to add Manny Ramirez for next year. He'd be perfect for their open DH role.

wheres nady?

papipapsmanny
07-31-2008, 02:19 AM
haha rosenthal has been wrong from the start he is the one who kept denying that the sox even contacted teh marlins at all

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:19 AM
wheres nady?
Ah, damn, I forgot Nady.

Even with that, I still believe you can fit in Ramirez. Worst case scenario, you can always play Nady at 1st (Has experience there).

If the Yankees want Ramirez (I believe they will), they'll make it happen. It's not like Melky Cabrera, Hideki Matsui, or Johnny Damon can't be expandable.

-Lavigne43-
07-31-2008, 02:21 AM
I doubt the Yankees will go hard after him because they don't need him. He will most likely go to the Mets, Phillies, or Dodgers

marlinsfan24
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Guys, I have a feeling this deal will be done without the Pirates

nyyfan4life
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Ah, damn, I forgot Nady.

Even with that, I still believe you can fit in Ramirez. Worst case scenario, you can always play Nady at 1st (Has experience there).

If the Yankees want Ramirez (I believe they will), they'll make it happen. It's not like Melky Cabrera, Hideki Matsui, or Johnny Damon can't be expandable.

One of Hideki Matsui or Johnny Damon will be traded this off-season. I can almost guarantee that. Melky, also, will be on the block this winter with Austin Jackson (stud OF prospect) coming up.

I only want Manny to come to NY if he agrees to be the primary DH.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:25 AM
I doubt the Yankees will go hard after him because they don't need him. He will most likely go to the Mets, Phillies, or Dodgers
Yes, because it's not the norm for the Yankees to not only pick up players that they don't need, but also players that "stick it" to the Red Sox.

The Yankees will absolutely inquire about Ramirez in the offseason. At the very least, Boras is going to do everything he can to get them interested.

..I remember the same exact thing happened with Johnny Damon.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 02:25 AM
Guys, I have a feeling this deal will be done without the Pirates
Then I don't see a deal gets worked out. If the Marlins aren't giving up those two prospects and the Red Sox aren't getting Bay, what is the deal? Hermida to the Sox along with what?

For me, I believe it nearly has to be a 3 team trade.

CarniifeX
07-31-2008, 02:47 AM
Would this make the Marlins favorites to win the NL East? Josh Johnson has been good since he has come back, we'll see.

vladdy#27
07-31-2008, 03:06 AM
I think this makes Boston worst

bagwell368
07-31-2008, 07:05 AM

Addition by subtraction. Ever since Manny became a Boras stooge the Sox have been playing like crap.

Now you take the team with the best home record in baseball, bring the two biggest rivals they have through and lose 5 out of 6, and you think getting rid of Manny at .45 on the dollar is bad? I would trade him for used ta**ax right now.

I am in favor of writing the whole year off and getting that top flight young AA/AAA catcher that one or more of the contenders must have. The Sox brass can always scapegoat Manny/Boras and Ortiz's injury.

bagwell368
07-31-2008, 07:07 AM

Addition by subtraction. Ever since Manny became a Boras stooge the Sox have been playing like crap.

Now you take the team with the best home record in baseball, bring the two biggest rivals they have through and lose 5 out of 6, and you think getting rid of Manny at .45 on the dollar is bad? I would trade him for used ta**ax right now.

I am in favor of writing the whole year off and getting that top flight young AA/AAA catcher that one or more of the contenders must have. The Sox brass can always scapegoat Manny/Boras and Ortiz's injury.

bleedpinstripes
07-31-2008, 07:39 AM
:pray:

Brooke
07-31-2008, 07:56 AM

I think this whole Manny thing is hurting the Red Sox, Manny is hurting the team with his little stunts and not trying. Getting rid of him and the distraction could be better for team

bleedpinstripes
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
I think this whole Manny thing is hurting the Red Sox, Manny is hurting the team with his little stunts and not trying. Getting rid of him and the distraction could be better for team

I understand this view point, but he has long been a distraction even while he was the WS MVP...they really tried to kick him out that year too.

sboyajian
07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
I think we broke this thread?

(wooo hooo I fixed it)

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Yaowowrocket11 = :confused:

ThisIsTheYear
07-31-2008, 09:06 AM
This won't hurt Boston that much. They get Bay in return so they will still get good numbers from their RF. It won't be Manny numbers, but it will be enough.

MetsJets0809
07-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Mets and Phils fans reaction to the possible trade:sad2::surrender::hide::puke::ohno::ohno::ohn o::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::speechless::speechless: :cry::cry::puke::puke::puke::cry::cry::cry::ohno:

NL east Favorites because they are the best Hitting team(if deal gets done) and Pitching team in the Division

Ok the marlins are 2nd to the mets in pitching. They have no one that can match up with the ace, Johan Santana:p

Dark Donnie
07-31-2008, 09:23 AM

Report: Odds of Manny deal '50-50'

Jayson Stark of ESPN.com quotes "an official" from one of the three teams involved in the rumored Manny Ramirez swap as saying that the odds of a deal are "50-50."

Stark reports that Marlins outfield prospect Mike Stanton is not in the trade "although Boston asked for him" and notes that despite previous indications John Grabow would actually be headed to Florida rather than Boston. Jul. 31 - 9:18 am et
Source: ESPN.com

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com quotes "an official" from one of the three teams involved in the rumored Manny Ramirez swap as saying that the odds of a deal are "50-50."
Stark reports that Marlins outfield prospect Mike Stanton is not in the trade "although Boston asked for him" and notes that despite previous indications John Grabow would actually be headed to Florida rather than Boston. Jul. 31 - 9:18 am et

:mad:
rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=245511&id=1884)

DieHardColtsfan
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Get It Done, Get Manny Out Of The Al!!!!!!!!

marlinsfan24
07-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Come on Manny to Miami

DieHardColtsfan
07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
i hate this, this deal probably will just fall through and it really will waste baseballs time!!!! It better go down... i hate the waiting~!

DirtyThirty
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
whyyyyyyyyy Manny is my favorite player. I still cant believe this is happening ...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vijay248
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=245511&id=1884

yaowowrocket11
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253354

Already a thread

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Slowly but surely, I'm trying to cope with the fact that Ramirez may be on this team on Friday.

Theriot2
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, so the Pirates get screwed again like they always do

marlinsfan24
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Marlins are giving up nothing. If this deal goes through, they are the biggest winners.

Tragedy
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, so the Pirates get screwed again like they always do
Hey, so are we!

nstachowski
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah Marlins got the best of this deal if it goes through

NYMetros
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
As a Pirate fan, I want this deal to go through. As long as we end up getting Hermida and the 3 other prospects reported earlier.

YankeeFan28
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253474