PDA

View Full Version : best trio in the west

buzzin
07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Do u guys think that the rockets have the best trio after the ron artest trade. or do the Lakers still have an upper edge just because of how kobe can change the whole game if he wanted to. let me know what u guys think cause this would be a great disscusion to start

t-mac1nukka
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
without a doubt we have the best trio....in the league!!!!!!!!!!!! who are you counting on the lakers as their three?? kobe, gasol, and ??? they dont have a third stud. bynum? haha riiiiiiight....odom???? that guy misses more layups than scola!!!!!

kobe2008mvp
07-30-2008, 10:45 PM
lakers still better because of what you said "kobe"

kobe2008mvp
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
tmac1nukka your right you guys have the best trio but we have the best 4 and there called the big 4....!!!

anyways i still think bynum gasol and kobe are better than artest t-mac and yao!

kobe>t-mac

yao>bynum(just 4 one or 2 more years)

gasol>artest

the only reason i think gasol is better then artest is because he is big and could help a team right away like he did last year with the lakers if artest would've been with the lakers they wouldn't have been in the finals!!!

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Rockets trio is better than the Lakers trio at this point unless you are using Kobe, Gasol and Odom. Bynum has never proven anything for him to be considered a legit part of the trio.

t-mac1nukka
07-30-2008, 11:51 PM
tmac1nukka your right you guys have the best trio but we have the best 4 and there called the big 4....!!!

anyways i still think bynum gasol and kobe are better than artest t-mac and yao!

kobe>t-mac

yao>bynum(just 4 one or 2 more years)

gasol>artest

the only reason i think gasol is better then artest is because he is big and could help a team right away like he did last year with the lakers if artest would've been with the lakers they wouldn't have been in the finals!!!

thats the biggest bias ever...yao is sooooo much better than bynum it trumps any gap between the other two. gasol is a very weak big and can and most likely will be guarded by artest. youre right you guys have a better four than us, but no way a better three.

ufd869
07-30-2008, 11:54 PM
kobe2008. haven't you learn from your recent finals trip?

it doesn't matter who's triple threat is better.

what is more important is chemistry and playing D.

that is how the spurs, detroit and c's have won it.

Rox07
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Like I said already, Rockets have the best trio in the west. Hornets are 2nd. Spurs are 3rd. 4th is the suns. 5th is the mavs. And lakers are 6th. Kobe, Gasol (proved he cant do shyt in the playoffs), and odom (inconsistent). The lakers are a big 1.

buzzin
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
i was talking bout kobe odom and gasol

Manos
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Do u guys think that the rockets have the best trio after the ron artest trade. or do the Lakers still have an upper edge just because of how kobe can change the whole game if he wanted to. let me know what u guys think cause this would be a great disscusion to start

Battier can/has shut down Kobe and with the addition of Artest, they will be rotating on him defensively, so Kobe's ability to take over a game isn't going to be there.

mightybosstone
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm a little sick of the "who has the best trio" threads. What the hell does it matter? Artest hasn't played a single game in a Rockets' uniform! Hell... the trade hasn't even been finalized yet! Why don't we wait and see how they play together before we start talking "best trio in the NBA".

frizbo72
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm a little sick of the "who has the best trio" threads. What the hell does it matter? Artest hasn't played a single game in a Rockets' uniform! Hell... the trade hasn't even been finalized yet! Why don't we wait and see how they play together before we start talking "best trio in the NBA".

Can I get an Amen. And who ever said that the Lakers chocked last year in the playoffs is an idiot. The beat out all the West teams which is an accomplishment right there alone. The roxs at the playoff chockers.

pippsux
07-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Lakers have Kobe (1.5) Gasol (1) and Odom (.5)
Rockets have Tmac (1) Yao (1) and Artest (1)

I like our 3 and believe they are going to be the most entertaining out west. We definately are going to have more national games and attention. The circus is coming to town and I like it!

pippsux
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
I really like our big three and lineup compared to the champs Boston. I did a comparism of the key members of the Celtics championship team and was excited about how similar the team is looking.

Ray Artest
Pierce Tmac
KG Yao
KP43 Scola
Rando Rafer
PJ Deke
Sam Barry
House Head/Brooks
Possey Battier
Big Baby Landry/Dorsey

The odd man out is Francis. If he can step up his game I like the way this team is being built. I am not making any statements just saying we have a similar make up to the champs at least on paper. If there is another deal, then we should get a clearer picture. I wish I could fast forward to preseason, to heck with football season at this point.

tr3ymill3r
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
It's not just the best trio, but potentially the best team. By the Houston Rockets aquiring Artest it now allows the most unselfish player to move to the bench along with sharp shooter Brent Barry most of us may have already forgotten. By aquiring Artest I think this might be telling Landry however have fun overseas, unless he and his agent are content with taking a 1 year MLE, play his *** off and get the big deal he is seeking this year next summer, if he was as hot as he thinks he is another team would have at least made a qualifying offer by now for him that we would have to match, but this has yet to happen. But to the original question the best trio in the league?? that is still up to question, because unlike Boston all 3 of their big 3 have been uselfish throughout their entire career, but can Artest come into this situation with our 2 unselfish guys in Tmac and Yao and mesh, if that were to happen then I would have to say yes we would have the best trio in the entire league, because we would have 2 swing players who can handle the ball with arguably the best center in the league
Trey "Future GM" OUT!!

Rox07
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Now that I'm calm we cant really say we have the best trio yet. I no that yesterday I was so hyped up that I said we did, but after thinking about it we haven't seen artest play w/ the team yet. So until then, I still have to choose the celtics.

TMAC94
08-01-2008, 02:07 AM
as boston displayed its not all about the TRIO! its about the bench players too, we have battier who is like posey, they had PJ Brown we might have Landry, they have eddy house and we have Brent Barry. Also we have Luther Head, Steve Francis, Steve Novak and Joey Dorsey. These are the players who will be in the rotation most likely, its not all about our big 3 Tmac Yao and Ron its about the whole team.

HouRealCoach
08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
T-Mac, Yao, Artest
Kobe, Gasol, Odom
CP3, West, Peja
Duncan, Ginobili, Parker
Shaq, Amare, Nash
Boozer, Okur, Williams
Dirk, Howard, Kidd
Roy, Oden, Aldridge
Davis, Thornton, Kaman
Maggette, Ellis, Jackson
Melo, AI, Martin

agobbi17
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
When we mean big 3's were talking about 3 proven super stars, not a super star and 2 good players or 2 super stars and another good player. Boston has a big 3 with KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. The suns have a big 3, Shaq, Nash, Amare. The spurs with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker. And the rockets with Ron Artet, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady.

Kobe Bryant is the only super star on the Lakers. Odom and Gasol are all-stars at best. Bynum has yet to prove anything. So there is no arguement with the Lakers.

Now i ask, who is the best trio out of those 4 squads?

Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Celtics??

t-mac1nukka
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
is shaq really a superstar anymore????

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-03-2008, 02:12 AM
i think we have the best trio in the west but not to sure in the whole nba.