PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson

Iversonfan4life
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
sixers fan here

I noticed that Johnson is a free agent after next year, if the hawks cant retain him would this be a possible SA

Hawks recieve:
Thad Young(def up and coming)
Willie Green or Lou will
1st pick

Sixers recieve:
Joe Johnson

dawgsfan_45
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
:pity: thats a terrible trade...the hawks are gonna resign JJ no matter what.

Pmeehan
07-30-2008, 10:20 PM
the ONLY way you might have a CHANCE to get JJ is AI and Brand for him but thats never going to happen.

monster_mash
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
the ONLY way you might have a CHANCE to get JJ is AI and Brand for him but thats never going to happen.

I think AI and Brand is a little much. But yea, Atlanta will do everything to keep him...at least if his play doesn't drop off the map. Although this whole Jsmoove and Chill business has me perplexed. Granted Johnson is a bonified talent they don't have to worry about potential with.

NDP1981
07-31-2008, 02:34 AM
Bad trade idea. JJ is worth much more

Storch
07-31-2008, 02:14 PM
sixers fan here

I noticed that Johnson is a free agent after next year, if the hawks cant retain him would this be a possible SA

Hawks recieve:
Willie Green or Lou will
1st pick

Sixers recieve:
Joe Johnson

Are you serious???????? That's really stupid. You should think about your idea before you make a whole thread about it. Would the hawks get fair equal value for the trade? Compare the statistics of the players, are they even any good to match the player youre acquiring? NExt, check salaries, do they match? Do the hawks need those players in their specific positions? Cmon guy use your head. And stop thinking about your favorite team and being one sided.

:guns: Iversonfan4life

Iversonfan4life
07-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Are you serious???????? That's really stupid. You should think about your idea before you make a whole thread about it. Would the hawks get fair equal value for the trade? Compare the statistics of the players, are they even any good to match the player youre acquiring? NExt, check salaries, do they match? Do the hawks need those players in their specific positions? Cmon guy use your head. And stop thinking about your favorite team and being one sided.

:guns: Iversonfan4life

this is a situation in which the hawks cant find a way to sign him thus being forced to trade him dumb ****........ and dont disrespect me like u ****in know everything. Thad is gonna be a great player and with childress gone they will need a SF lou williams can play behind bibby and be a definite spark off the bench ( this kid can score ). THe hawks seem to have trouble keeping their players around ........ it was just a trade idea

Dawgs5044
07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
but we already have marvin williams at sf and acie law behind bibby so the trade still doesnt make sense and with an 'up and coming' star in thad idea just think about trading an 'up and coming' josh smith for paul peirce, would the celtics do it? no so and jsmoove is way more talented than thad and jj and peirce are about on the same level so overall trade doesnt make sense what so ever

Dawgs5044
07-31-2008, 04:52 PM
and as for the hawks having trouble keeping their players, yes we lost childress who was a good 6th man and fan fav but we lost him in a way that hasnt happened before of courseyou will be right if we lost smoove but that hasnt happened yet, for all the fuss about the hawks why hasnt anyone brought up how long the bulls have taken with deng and gordon and still havent worked out a trade for their overcroweded backcourt

IversonIsKrazy
08-01-2008, 01:21 AM
yah man thas a really bad trade. The only way sixers would get JJ is if they either traded Iggy or Elton. But thas neva gunna happen

Storch
08-01-2008, 04:12 AM
this is a situation in which the hawks cant find a way to sign him thus being forced to trade him dumb ****........ and dont disrespect me like u ****in know everything. Thad is gonna be a great player and with childress gone they will need a SF lou williams can play behind bibby and be a definite spark off the bench ( this kid can score ). THe hawks seem to have trouble keeping their players around ........ it was just a trade idea

If your players are such great players why trade them smart guy? Youre just some dreamer fan that wants some miraculous trade to happen without taking into consideration reality, and fairness in trades. Your trade idea doesnt even help the hawks. Why would the hawks give up their leading scorer for a 'spark on the bench'??? Use your brain. Do you think cursing me out would help your argument? you have yet to provide proper premises to support your idea. Your claiming that this would be a good trade since the hawks cant hold on to their players. Even if this was entirely true, why would they trade a great player for less talented players? He's a franchise player. Leading scorer. Clutch performer. They run their offense through him. And youre replacing him with non franchise players? Get real! The salary doesnt even match. Johnson is getting paid 14 mil a year while ur proposed players make a combined 5 mil a year. GET REAL!!!! YOU DIDNT EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU MADE A THREAD. Arguing without proper support wont get you anywhere. Calling me a dumb **** will not award you with more support for your very well thought out 'trade idea.' Therefore as you can see, no one agrees with your trade.

In case you didnt know, if you make a thread, you open yourself to criticism, so dont cry if you say something irrational and people like myself trash you for it. Keep that in mind next time you make one.

as evidence of the salaries not matching here is proof:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1007~2004~3244&teams=20~1~1&te=&cash=

Camden Guru
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
If your players are such great players why trade them smart guy? Youre just some dreamer fan that wants some miraculous trade to happen without taking into consideration reality, and fairness in trades. Your trade idea doesnt even help the hawks. Why would the hawks give up their leading scorer for a 'spark on the bench'??? Use your brain. Do you think cursing me out would help your argument? you have yet to provide proper premises to support your idea. Your claiming that this would be a good trade since the hawks cant hold on to their players. Even if this was entirely true, why would they trade a great player for less talented players? He's a franchise player. Leading scorer. Clutch performer. They run their offense through him. And youre replacing him with non franchise players? Get real! The salary doesnt even match. Johnson is getting paid 14 mil a year while ur proposed players make a combined 5 mil a year. GET REAL!!!! YOU DIDNT EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU MADE A THREAD. Arguing without proper support wont get you anywhere. Calling me a dumb **** will not award you with more support for your very well thought out 'trade idea.' Therefore as you can see, no one agrees with your trade.

In case you didnt know, if you make a thread, you open yourself to criticism, so dont cry if you say something irrational and people like myself trash you for it. Keep that in mind next time you make one.

as evidence of the salaries not matching here is proof:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1007~2004~3244&teams=20~1~1&te=&cash=

the play mike woodson likes to call is give the ball to joe and let him score. woodson is a great offensive coach and he just hopes joe can carry us everynight.
you made great points about why people should stop with these threads about would you trade your star player for my bench player.

Dawgs5044
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
lol its kinda like that milli video about the hawks on youtube theres a line that goes something like this...mike woodson with his arms crossed son/ with his offense he has no imagination/everyplay is joe johnson isolation lol check out the vid it speaks for all true hawks fans

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-05-2008, 02:50 AM
your trade sucks.

IndiansFan337
08-05-2008, 09:10 AM
sixers fan here

Hawks recieve:
Willie Green or Lou will
1st pick

Sixers recieve:
Joe Johnson
JJ will be unrestricted. Atlanta would probably consider that offer if JJ tells them its a S&T or else he's bolting ATL.

But if he doesn't refuse to sign with them, I'd surely assume that they'd do everything they can to retain him.

hawks4
08-05-2008, 01:26 PM
sixers fan here

Hawks recieve:
Willie Green or Lou will
1st pick

Sixers recieve:
Joe Johnson

Never in a million years. It would have to involve Iggy for sure.

kiznarl
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Horrible trade

Essentially your 5th and 6th options for our 1st

Why would we want a SF and a bench player for our leading scorer and sg.
That would be like us offering Acie Law (up and coming) and Marvin Williams for Iggy or Brand.

fabian11593
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Horrible trade.

Lucky7
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Noway this trade would happen! Hawks wouldnt trade that for JJ

Sports Illustrator
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
It is extremely difficult for the Atlanta Hawks to want to trade Joe Johnson to any team. They consider him to be the face of this franchise. Notice how stingy they are when it comes to offering contracts to guys like Josh Smith and Josh Childress. The fact that Joe Johnson has his contract for years to come, that should tell you how much the Hawks really like Joe Johnson.