PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Sign Dahntay Jones

DenButsu
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1039/jonesnugssummerleageii0.jpg

Nuggets Sign Dahntay Jones
The five-year NBA veteran led the Nuggets' 2008 summer league team in scoring

DENVER, July 30, 2008 -- The Denver Nuggets have signed guard/forward Dahntay Jones, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

Jones, 6-6, 210, averaged a team-leading 18.4 ppg to go along with 2.4 rpg and 1.0 apg in five games for the Nuggets entry in the 2008 NBA Summer League that finished with a 4-1 record in Las Vegas this summer.

Jones spent time with both the Sacramento Kings and the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League during the 2007-08 campaign.

The five-year NBA veteran has posted career averages of 4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg and in 246 games with Memphis and Sacramento.

Jones was originally drafted by the Boston Celtics in the first round (20th overall) of the 2003 NBA Draft. His draft rights were traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, where he spent four seasons from 2003-07.nuggets.com (http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/djones_signing_073008.html)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
nuggets.com (http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/djones_signing_073008.html)

Tight...? :shrug:

DenButsu
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Tight...? :shrug:

It is what it is... a decent signing of a veteran player who Karl will actually put on the court and who (if we're lucky) might take minutes away from AC by pushing AI over to the 1 more.

DJiC
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
jones is a sg is he not? well either way its another undersized gaurd on the nuggets

DenButsu
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
jones is a sg is he not? well either way its another undersized gaurd on the nuggets

How is 6'6" undersized?

DJiC
07-30-2008, 11:50 PM
he's really 6'6 lol whoops my bad i always thought he was about 6'3 well i guess we have a decent 3pt vt threat still would like a good sg defender on the team though...are the rockets shopping battier now that they have artest? we should trade kleiza/atkins/1st for him

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 12:12 AM
he's really 6'6 lol whoops my bad i always thought he was about 6'3 well i guess we have a decent 3pt vt threat still would like a good sg defender on the team though...are the rockets shopping battier now that they have artest? we should trade kleiza/atkins/1st for him

Wow... Kleiza, Atkins, AND a 1st for Battier? You overrated the **** out of him.

I like Battier but damn he's not worth getting rid of a prospect, a cheap mediocre starter, and a 1st round draft pick.

Battier is a starter, how would he fit into our line up?

1 - Chucky Atkins/AC
2 - AI/JR/Jones/Weems
3 - Melo/Balkman
4 - K Mart/Anderson
5 - Nene/Steven Hunter

NO VACANCY!

Game_Over
07-31-2008, 12:22 AM
He did include Atkins..

DJiC
07-31-2008, 02:55 AM
if we traded chucky how would he be in the starting lineup? we could either bring him as the 6th man or start him and move ai to point

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
if we traded chucky how would he be in the starting lineup? we could either bring him as the 6th man or start him and move ai to point

Whoops my fault... Didn't mean to include Chucky.. I was naming the roster off the top of my head and forgot what we were talking about lol

But last time I checked Battier wasn't a PG.

Karl isn't going to put AI at the 1... he's scared shitless of the man... I mean after all this is KARL's team, but he doesn't call the shots... He lets his players call the shots for themselves...

It's proven when AI gets 10+ assists, we have like 85% or higher chance of winning... But we need his scoring out there as well... But who wants to win? :rolleyes:

DJiC
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
without kleiza thats more shots for ai/smith/and melo at without chucky we wont have to worry bout his injuries...battier plays consistent defense and he dosent shoot alot so why not pick him up...he'll give us one of the top perimeter defender in the league

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
without kleiza thats more shots for ai/smith/and melo at without chucky we wont have to worry bout his injuries...battier plays consistent defense and he dosent shoot alot so why not pick him up...he'll give us one of the top perimeter defender in the league

But he'd want to start, correct?

SF - Melo/Balkman

Alternate

PF - K-mart/Birdman

No room! Our frontcourt is set bro!