PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Alberta Raptors fans!!

ink
07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Edmonton fans to get a pre-season glance at new-look Raptors

2 hours ago

EDMONTON Fans in Edmonton will get a pre-season peek at the new-look Toronto Raptors.

The Raptors will return to the Alberta capital for the first time in nine years this fall, when they play the Denver Nuggets on Oct. 21 at Rexall Place.

In their only previous visit, the Raptors downed the Vancouver Grizzlies 110-84 on Oct. 18, 1999.

In other pre-season games, Toronto will host Euroleague champion CSKA Moscow, and play in a tournament in Los Angeles against the Lakers, Clippers and FC Barcelona.

The rest of Toronto's pre-season schedule has yet to be announced.

Source: CP (http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5g8ZLnspdx6mr-EW9lC53BBwZXCgQ)

mjt20mik
07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh Great news for Alberta fans. I still remember that exhibition game in Alberta. Vince and Tmac went off!

caseywb14
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know when they go on sale

KJK
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow! I'm soooo excited. That is awesome. Can't wait to get my tickets!

star
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
whats the point? i doubt alberta would ever get nor would they be able to support a franchise

ink
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
whats the point? i doubt alberta would ever get nor would they be able to support a franchise

:confused: They just announced an exhibition game in Alberta. That's the point.

marvILLous
07-30-2008, 09:54 PM
nice.

i like the tournament in LA. sounds like its gonna be live!!

star
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
:confused: They just announced an exhibition game in Alberta. That's the point.

i meant that i dont understand why they would bother playing a game there thats all ,,, i would rather them try to grow the raps hype in the states so we get more press and recognition in the nba ... who gives a **** about alberta .... i just dont get it

ink
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
who gives a **** about alberta .... i just dont get it

The Raptors fans in Alberta perhaps??????! :speechless: They might just care about Alberta. I'd say it was to reward them for supporting the Raps.

mjt20mik
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
i meant that i dont understand why they would bother playing a game there thats all ,,, i would rather them try to grow the raps hype in the states so we get more press and recognition in the nba ... who gives a **** about alberta .... i just dont get it

Dude. What's wrong with Alberta. The Raptors are Canada's team, not only solely Toronto's. The fans in other provinces definitely deserve to see at least some of the ball that the Raptors do play.

star
07-30-2008, 11:05 PM
you have a point .... i just dont agree

mjt20mik
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
you have a point .... i just dont agree

To each its own I guess.

KJK
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Just because we're not a large venue city compared to T.O. doesn't mean we don't have a lot of bball fans here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I for one am pumped that Canada's Team is coming out to my neck of the woods!

Bramaca
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM

Toronto is trying to promote the game in their market, since they are the only team in Canada Alberta is part of that market. There are 3.3 million in Alberta, that is a pretty good place to try and tap into. There is nothing they could do in the states that would have the potential of being as beneficial.

Ramon Nivar
07-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Forget Alberta, they need to play in Arizona where all the real Raptors' fans are. :up:

AFlagRules
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
That place is going to be BANGING!!!

Its gonna sell out + more people sitting on top of each other :).

AK-50
07-31-2008, 02:13 AM
im glad to see Pre-Season games being played in Canada

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
How many people here live on the west cost? Just wondering so I can get an idea of how many raps fan are actually from the west..

Cheers

Raptors27
07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
I Wish They Would Come Play In Halifax!

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 08:52 AM
I Wish They Would Come Play In Halifax!

cant see why the would not in the future, i heard this is a good fan base there. Is this true?

lukeem21
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
not much of a raptors fan base in nova scotia to the best of my knowledge but a good basketball base.... the raps need to show more love and continue to do what they are doing with games like this one in edmonton to really be canadas team

if they try to expand anywhere in the states it would probably not go over so well but there are lots of fans across canada waiting to be claimed... not saying i'm one of them i'm from ontario and have been on board since before bj armstrong was off board... i spent 4 years in halifax though and realise the untapped resource... i'm in japan now they should send some love out here too actually

Mile High Champ
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
not much of a raptors fan base in nova scotia to the best of my knowledge but a good basketball base.... the raps need to show more love and continue to do what they are doing with games like this one in edmonton to really be canadas team

if they try to expand anywhere in the states it would probably not go over so well but there are lots of fans across canada waiting to be claimed... not saying i'm one of them i'm from ontario and have been on board since before bj armstrong was off board... i spent 4 years in halifax though and realise the untapped resource... i'm in japan now they should send some love out here too actually

Ohh yeah i knew they had a great basketball following, with amateur and university ball but was not sure about the nba...wow ontario, nova scotia and now Japan, what kind of line of work are you in. Are you able to catch a lot of games out there on tv?

reevanson
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM

Dude get out of this forum if you dont respect that there are rabid raptor fans throughout the country. And why try to grow the raps in the states, there are alread 29 franchises there. Do you honestly think there are any fans that will switch loyalty to the raps down there. Why not try and grow the fanbase in a place where there are fans to be won!!!

lukeem21
07-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Ohh yeah i knew they had a great basketball following, with amateur and university ball but was not sure about the nba...wow ontario, nova scotia and now Japan, what kind of line of work are you in. Are you able to catch a lot of games out there on tv?

4 years in halifax for school, teaching english in japan for a year.. i'm not an international man of mystery or anything unfortunatly..... i've just been here a couple months, not sure what i'm going to do for the next season ANY RECOMENDATIONS FOR WATCHING RAPTORS GAMES ONLINE WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED i need my raptors, i've found some good options for Blue Jays and football but football means nothing to me compared to Raptors basketball

Halladay
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Get your own team Alberta lol.

KJK
08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Get your own team Alberta lol.

Don't I wish. lol We do have the Edmonton Chill but they're not quite on par with the Raps. :p

_Sn1P3r_
08-02-2008, 04:47 PM
That place is going to be BANGING!!!

Its gonna sell out + more people sitting on top of each other :).

Lol. Wouldn't be surprised if this happens.