PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robertson

DetTigers
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Im sitting here watching the game and im thinking to myself how terrible Nate Robertson is and how we need to dump him and get a different starter in there i mean come on 5 runs through 2 innings so far he is so damn inconsistent.

Bondomania
07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
garbage.. he needs to be traded for salary relief...

smarkow
07-30-2008, 08:12 PM
TOTALLY. looks horrible today. we gave the guy a 6 run lead the other day and he couldnt hold that.
GRRRRR....

DetTigers
07-30-2008, 08:20 PM
DD better be getting us a satarter before tomorrows deadline because this is crap either that or call someone up and give them a shot

spkmania
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
inconsistent? you have to be good sometimes to be inconsistent. he flat out BLOWS all of the time. nice guy, yes. but he's needs to be gone. only a few years ago he had a 96 mph fastball....now what does he top out at? 88? and his fastball is straight as a string, very hittable.

mark1125
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
If it weren't for Todd Jones and Edgar Renteria, Robertson would be my least favorite Tiger. Maybe we could trade him for a pack of smokes for Leyland.

Zoomlander
07-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Robertson......is a Fill-in.........so that means once Perry or Porcello are close to being ready.... he is out the ******* door! cant wait!

mkool65
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM
I disagree with every single thing that has been said in this entire thread.

spkmania
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
I disagree with every single thing that has been said in this entire thread.

please elaborate...... and don't tell me that he's a great guy and a good family man.

Lionsforlife
07-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Robertson scares the hell out of me, but he is inconsistently, consistent. If that makes any sense. The guy is always going to hover around a .500 winning percentage. However, he goes lights out on one outing and then gets pulled in the third inning his next outing. It's been the story of his life. But for a number 5 starter, you can't ask for more than near .500.

With that said, I have always wanted him out of Detroit. Maybe package him, Jones, and Renteria.

DetTigers
07-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Robertson scares the hell out of me, but he is inconsistently, consistent. If that makes any sense. The guy is always going to hover around a .500 winning percentage. However, he goes lights out on one outing and then gets pulled in the third inning his next outing. It's been the story of his life. But for a number 5 starter, you can't ask for more than near .500.

With that said, I have always wanted him out of Detroit. Maybe package him, Jones, and Renteria.

I agree 100%

One Nut Kruk
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
This is for anyone who disagrees that Robertson is terrible.....

ERA above 6 and a WHIP around 1.70 in 20 plus starts. The guy is just a steaming pile of horse manure. Give him a bus ticket to fuchin Oneonta for all I care....he'll probably get lit up there too. He's had ONE DECENT season and even that year, he gave up 29 bombs. Other than 2006, he's been a horrendous pitcher his entire career.

Last night was Nate Robertson's 22nd game started on the year. He has 7 quality starts. And even in those starts, he's given up 11 hits in one of them, 10 in another, 8 and 7 in 2 others. And out of the 7, 3 of them are 6 or 6.1 innings with 3 runs given up. He's allowed less than 3 runs 4 times in 22 fuchin starts. So basically, he's had 3 or 4 good starts all season. That is pathetic. The guy is just awful.

stanpapi
08-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Shame, the Yankees wanted him a year ago... Well, during the 2006 off-season, anyway. That would have been the time to unload him. He's got a huge contract for a 5th starter. If someone wants him, give him away.