PDA

View Full Version : IRod to Yankees for Farnsworth

RedSoxtober
07-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Interesting. Looks like NYY is intent on beating clubs into submission.

The New York Yankees have found a replacement for Jorge Posada.

Sources told ESPN.com that New York has acquired catcher Ivan Rodriguez from the Tigers on Wednesday for right-handed pitcher Kyle Farnsworth. The reliever played for the Tigers in 2005.

Source: ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3511535)

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Kyle Farnsworth? Really?

sboyajian
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Farns has been pretty solid this year.. especially lately.

I'm suprised he's enough to go straight up on Pudge tho.

cocossox
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Interesting. Looks like NYY is intent on beating clubs into submission.

Source: ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3511535)Gee! wow everyone around us is making good deals & we're gonna get stuck putting up with that jack *** for the rest of the season :cry: :mad: ty MANNY!

Boston Herald reports that "a trade of Manny Ramirez continues to be more fantasy than fact."

Depending on who you believe, the Red Sox are either in serious talks with multiple teams or have few offers. Whatever the case, a deal seems unlikely before Thursday's deadline. Jul. 30 - 12:05 pm et
Source: Boston Globe

PapelbonLester
07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
if the rays get bay and we do nothing i say we fire theo

PapelbonLester
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Hank most have thrown like 10 mill in this deal. i dont see how these f'ing yankees continue to RIP other teams off. i mean cmon now PUDGE FOR FARNSWORTH. that is a bit rediculious if you ask me. just shows how much pudge is on the decline

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 04:58 PM

:confused: Why?

yaowowrocket11
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey Red Sox, just to let you geniuses know, the Yankees are improving. You aren't.

Sorry, but I had to vent.

PapelbonLester
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
lol dumb post im just stressing out how the yankees keep ROBING teams for their players and the rays might get bay.... WHEN DO THE RAYS TRADE TO WIN NOW??? and it feels like were going to do nothing. I just want kemp or street or ohman

MelkyNYY
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Pudge was a better fit for the Sox. They need to cut Varitek or else its like a 5000 pt weight attached to their ankles.

I know itll happen with us and Jeter at short, but for the Sox its happening quicker with Tek. I would have DFAd Tek, traded for Pudge.

Sportfan
07-30-2008, 05:13 PM
i'm happy they made that trade. their bullpen is alredy shallow and now they aquire a guy with only 32 RBI's it was a stupid trade for the yanks

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 05:14 PM
They got a starting catcher for a pither who wouldn't get much time due to the Marte acquisition.

Tragedy
07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Pudge sucks.

Farnsworth was actually doing well this year.

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Pudge sucks.

He's better than Tek and what the yankees have. He wasn't having a horrible year, by catchers terms. Good BA, decent OBP and a solid OPS.

-Lavigne43-
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
He's better than Tek and what the yankees have. He wasn't having a horrible year, by catchers terms. Good BA, decent OBP and a solid OPS.

Pudges OBP last year is worse then Tek's current OBP

DaoudS
07-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Pudge sucks.

The big stretch that Farnsworth went on boosted his value, but when he was placed in any significant situation he struggled. It was just against the Red Sox that Mo had to come in to get a 5 out save. Yankees got the maximum utility for him and boosted the lineup.

bosox1899
07-30-2008, 05:30 PM

unfortunately thats the past and doesnt matter anymore since the older they get the worse they are, either way neither one of these catchers is gonna make much difference, Pudge isn't gonna make the Yankees favorites in the East anyways

Davey24
07-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Yanks have enough solid bullpen arms right now. Farnsy picked the exact right time to do well, boosting his value and making a trade like this possible. I think the fact that most Sox fans now say Pudge sucks is just a subconscious reaffirmation of A) he does not suck and B) they wish their team would actually start doing something to improve :)

Davey24
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
unfortunately thats the past and doesnt matter anymore since the older they get the worse they are, either way neither one of these catchers is gonna make much difference, Pudge isn't gonna make the Yankees favorites in the East anyways

Nothing that the Yanks do could make them favorites in the East short of some blockbuster which isn't going to happen. But you know what? It doesn't matter what "experts" predict of you, its about what you do on the field. Just like it would be prudent to assume that Pudge won't have an effect on the Yanks lineup. Once the factors change (where you play, who you bat behind, how the rest of the lineup is constructed), performance can greatly change either for better or worse. So its tough to simply equate his performance from one team to another.

WilymoPena
07-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Id have to say the Sox are the third best team in the AL east now. Thats just me though. If we dont make a move we're screwed for this season at least.

Lord Byron 34
07-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Id have to say the Sox are the third best team in the AL east now. Thats just me though. If we dont make a move we're screwed for this season at least.

I disagree. The sox are in a slump right now, but I think they still have the best pitching in the AL East, and Papi is just coming back. If they add a decent reliever at the deadline, and he doesn't pull a Gagne, the sox should make the playoffs.

nyyfan4life
07-30-2008, 06:12 PM

Good. He will have a spot as a Co or assistant GM with his pal Cashman.

nyyfan4life
07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
i'm happy they made that trade. their bullpen is alredy shallow and now they aquire a guy with only 32 RBI's it was a stupid trade for the yanks

Even w/o Farnsy, the Yanks still have one of the better bullpen in the league.

soxdynasty
07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Pudge, was once a really scary player and he is still very dangerous hitter. He will be one more bat the watch out for but, he is replacing Posada and will not match whatever numbers Jorge might have put up.

This trade however, without a doubt, leaves the Yanks very thin in there bullpen. I would expect them to make at least one more trade to offset this issue. I'm hoping they don't but, will not be surprised if they do...

I'm just waiting too see if the Sox management decides to make a move. My wish is for just another arm in the pen for insurance. However, I still believe we have what it takes to repeat if we make no moves.

nyyfan4life
07-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Pudge, was once a really scary player and he is still very dangerous hitter. He will be one more bat the watch out for but, he is replacing Posada and will not match whatever numbers Jorge might have put up.

This trade however, without a doubt, leaves the Yanks very thin in there bullpen. I would expect them to make at least one more trade to offset this issue. I'm hoping they don't but, will not be surprised if they do...

I'm just waiting too see if the Sox management decides to make a move. My wish is for just another arm in the pen for insurance. However, I still believe we have what it takes to repeat if we make no moves.

What are you talking about? Edwar Ramirez, Jose Veras and Damaso Marte all surpassed Farnsy on the depth chart and all have pitched better than him. We have Bruney on his way back and a prospect by the name of Mark Melancon on his way up. How many BP arms can we possibly need? Most of you do not know, how good the Yankee BP actually is.

Cheesyhoboe
07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Yankees... shallow bullpen? What's our bullpen ERA, 3.50? What's yours... 3.90?

Towelie
07-30-2008, 09:02 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me? Fire a guy who has gotten us two teams in the past 4 years a WS ring? Something that wasn't done in how long again?

RedSoxtober
07-30-2008, 09:12 PM

Damn the facts.

RedSoxtober
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM
What are you talking about? Edwar Ramirez, Jose Veras and Damaso Marte all surpassed Farnsy on the depth chart and all have pitched better than him. We have Bruney on his way back and a prospect by the name of Mark Melancon on his way up. How many BP arms can we possibly need? Most of you do not know, how good the Yankee BP actually is.

I hadn't paid them that much attention but #10 in ERA, #3 in both oba and ops against. Pretty impressive.

americanoutlaw
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Was this a smart move for the tigers I mean they traded a HOF catcher for a nutjob

NYyanksin2008
07-31-2008, 12:07 AM
^^^ love your politics. BOO Obama, too bad our terrible liberal states will vote Dem. in 08

cocossox
07-31-2008, 01:34 AM
i wonder if farnsworth will be det new closer in his shot time as closer fernando rodney been getting lit up.