the rockets

yao:speechless:

t-mac:cool:

artest:smoking:

battier:cry:

scola:eyebrow:

chadtx01
07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Being a Rockets fan, I still gotta give the edge to the Lakers. The Rockets on paper are scary, but until the team stays healthy and shows they can play together it amounts to nothing.

marlinsfan24
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
SPURS anyone?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Still the Lakers by a lot remember they still have the biggest difference maker out of any of those players that being Kobe.

chadtx01
07-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Still the Lakers by a lot remember they still have the biggest difference maker out of any of those players that being Kobe.

I wouldnt say the Lakers by alot. You have to give them the nod because they've proven what they can do, but the playing field really got leveled.

Look at a series with the Rockets. Now Kobe doesnt have one defensive minded players that can give him fits, he has two. To have either Artest or Battier in your face for the duration of the game isnt gonna be easy.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I wouldnt say the Lakers by alot. You have to give them the nod because they've proven what they can do, but the playing field really got leveled.

Look at a series with the Rockets. Now Kobe doesnt have one defensive minded players that can give him fits, he has two. To have either Artest or Battier in your face for the duration of the game isnt gonna be easy.

Yes but Bynum has been progressing into a good center, they still have guys like Odom and Gasol as well who are both just as much of an offensive threat as Artest..

It still will to stop Kobe just like it is for any great player. Kobe now has some weapons around him that will give him some more room/open looks.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 04:48 PM
hornets are only going to get better.

chadtx01
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes but Bynum has been progressing into a good center, they still have guys like Odom and Gasol as well who are both just as much of an offensive threat as Artest..

Thats all dependant on if Bynum picks up where he left off. The Rockets are going to have a pretty deep bench as well.

Yao
Artest
Scola
McGrady
Rafer

Battier, Barry, Brooks,Head, Landry and Deke coming off the bench. Of course they have to resign Landry and Deke but regardless the Rockets are going to be deep.

Now I'm not saying they are going to win the title, but they are going to be a team that is going to scare alot of people and I think if they stay healthy they can challenge for the top spot in the West.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Celtics are still the best team in my opinion. This must only be a Western Conference thing though.

YankeeFan89
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
If the Rockets are healthy...The Rockets are better than the Lakers and Hornets...Kobe is gonna have a tough time being guarded by Batter and Artest the whole game who are gonna be fresh rotating..Plus he's gonna have to guard T-Mac or Artest on the other end...I don't see Odom stopping Artest or Tmac.

YankeeFan89
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
SPURS anyone?

lol too old =]

SportsFan1988
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Can't really give my answer until I see how Gasol and Bynum play together.

sixers247
07-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Lakers as of now. Rockets will get hurt like usual and the Hornets need a couple more years.

fresh prince
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Kobe kills Artest for whatever reason though: 29.5 ppg. ON 46% fG against the Kings w/ Artest in the lineup THIS year...and he Avgerages close to 30 against artest for his career

Battier plays him really well though.

I Think Artest puts the Rockets up there in the top 3 for sure though

LAKERMANIA
07-30-2008, 05:01 PM
We don't know if the Rockets will stay healthy, or if they will have any chemistry issues..

so the edge goes to the Lakers

Although the Hornets are going to get better by the year

chadtx01
07-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Kobe kills Artest for whatever reason though: 29.5 ppg. ON 46% fG against the Kings w/ Artest in the lineup THIS year...and he Avgerages close to 30 against artest for his career

Battier plays him really well though.

I Think Artest puts the Rockets up there in the top 3 for sure though

I think you have to look at the quality of team that Artest was on though. On the Kings for the most part he was the first option. He had to make shots on the offensive end and guard Kobe on the defensive end. Thats gotta take a toll on you and wear you down.

This year, he'll be a third option on the Offensive end which should keep him a little fresher on D.

Not saying it will make a huge difference or he's going to magically shut Kobe down now, but its something to think about.

Chaudhry
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM
we don't know if bynum will stay healthy either... or kobe's finger... or if anyone will fill for turiaf off the bench with the energy... or if fisher's too old now...

fresh prince
07-30-2008, 06:10 PM
we don't know if bynum will stay healthy either... or kobe's finger... or if anyone will fill for turiaf off the bench with the energy... or if fisher's too old now...

Unfortunately Phil Jackson didn't Play Turiaf enough for that to be a valid point..

But yea there is always some uncertainty going into a season. THATS why they play the games

KB24PG16
07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
lakers they aruguely have the best 5 and the best bench

Er1c
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
lakers. rockets aren't gonna be healthy. and the hornets are still too young.

Chaudhry
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately Phil Jackson didn't Play Turiaf enough for that to be a valid point..

But yea there is always some uncertainty going into a season. THATS why they play the games

that was my point... people keep saying rocket players are gonna get injured but assume laker players won't... you can't base the talent of a team on uncertainties...

alexander_37
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
im pretty sure last time they played battier was on kobe nearly all game and he had like 20 some odd points on 35ish shots

NBANumba1Fan
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
this is so gay someone please close this!!!

sanfranfan1210
07-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Right now Lakers

black1605
07-30-2008, 10:16 PM
the Lakers until someone proves otherwise

Mile High Champ
07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
lakers...

Joshtd1
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Out of those 3 teams, its the Lakers.