PDA

View Full Version : Why Artest Won't Cause Any Problems

Jahari Kavi
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm hearing all these rockets fans piss and moan about Artest's "problems" (which I think are blown out of proportion)....so I thought I'd list some reasons as to why he'll do just fine

A.) He's been on good behavior the past couple of seasons

B.) He's played with Adleman in the past, and LOVES him as a coach

C.) He and Rafer are boys from childhood....they both grew up in Queens

D.) He won't have other egos in the locker room to clash with (Tmac might be soft but he doesn't stir up a lot of controversy in the locker room)

E.) This is a contract season, and he wouldn't want to mess up the chance of getting a big contract coming into next offseason

F.) He realizes why he's here, and that is to ultimately win a title......

Ron will be fine, and so will our rockets!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm sure he will be fine..

chadtx01
07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm hearing all these rockets fans piss and moan about Artest's "problems" (which I think are blown out of proportion)....so I thought I'd list some reasons as to why he'll do just fine

D.) He won't have other egos in the locker room to clash with (Tmac might be soft but he doesn't stir up a lot of controversy in the locker room)

E.) This is a contract season, and he wouldn't want to mess up the chance of getting a big contract coming into next offseason

Everybody is after that big payday.

SportsFan1988
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Because Yao will step on him.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM

On reason A- I would not agree with this statement. You forget just last year he beat up his wife. This off season he has changed his mind 4 times and demanded a trade

Reason B- Cant argue with that. He said he would have had a better season with the Kings if they kept Rick Adlelmen.

Reason C- I dont know how that will help him. Two guys from Queens is not necessarily a good thing.

Reason D- Good point. Yao and T Mac are nice easy going guys. Battier is all class. I dont see him clashing heads with teammates.

Reason E- This is the best point. I thought he would have been great anywhere they sent him. He is trying to get his one and only big contract. He would have to be an idiot to mess up this opportunity.

Reason F- I dont know if that really matters to him. He is looking for money. He wanted to take a vacation in the middle of the season to promote his rap CD. He has repeatedly said he wanted to retire early. He wanted to stay with the Kings cause in his words "If I make this team a winner, I'm looking at big dollars this off season" He will probably behave. But money is the main reason for it.

FOBolous
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
i agree with Jahari Javi...i don't think Artest is going to be a problem in Houston. Sure he'll get into a little trouble but i don't think he'll get into anything serious enough to be a major problem.

to add to what Jahari Javi is saying...another thing that will keep Artest in his place will be the Rockets' veteran presence and chemistry.

as a team...the core group of this the Rockets has been together for way too long and developed a chemistry way too strong for Artest to be a distraction.

as individuals...who do yall think will get distracted by Ron Artest? Battier? haha... Yao? not in a million years. Mutombo? umm..? Tmac? riiiight... Scola? too classy. Brent Barry? no way. Rafer Alston is the weakest one of the group and even than...he's grown to close with the core group and mature to much under JVG to be easily influenced by Artest.

HouRealCoach
07-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I havent heard any Rocket fans complain about Artest

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Really hope you right

still1ballin
07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
He is unpredictable.