PDA

View Full Version : Day dreaming of a more peaceful time.

BrewCityBuck
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
As I listened to sports radio this morning, I got day dreaming about how great this offseason would have been if Brett Favre had just never said anything and stayed retired. How great would it be to post here about training camp, the players, debate positional battles.

But instead a once peaceful situation has been turned on it's head, a GM that most Packers fans were behind this offseason has now been turned on again. Everything's upside down and it makes me sick to my stomach.

For now on, on this board, i'm not talking about or partaking in any Brett Favre discussion until something happens to end the situation because I just can't take it anymore.

Now, back to my day dreaming of a more peaceful time. :)

newdude
07-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Can't blame him for wanting to play. But evenso, w/o this whole mess, the forum would be more empty bcuz nothing big occured on in the offseason this year.

Packerbacker
07-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Nothing big ever occurs in the offseason when Ted Thompson is your GM

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Nothing big ever occurs in the offseason when Ted Thompson is your GM

When your a team like the Packers, with good players at every position, a team that trades down to add depth every year and has no real need to make big FA moves, not many things are going to happen. Most of the teams that make big FA/offseason moves are teams with multiple holes and have relatively poor management (Raiders, Jets, Vikings, Redskins, etc).

Thankfully we're a team thats added players the right way overthe last few years and we have a ton of options money wise.

Brunner
07-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Most of the teams that make big FA/offseason moves are teams with multiple holes and have relatively poor management (Raiders, Jets, Vikings, Redskins, etc).

Yea, that Ron Wolf guy who brought in Favre and Reggie White...what a jerk he was. We should have just kept training from within...we would have so won a championship one day :rolleyes:

we have a ton of options money wise
Like not paying Ryan Grant and offering to pay Favre to mow his lawn instead of winning games for the green and gold. I love our management :rolleyes:

Chrizzle
07-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Yea, that Ron Wolf guy who brought in Favre and Reggie White...what a jerk he was. We should have just kept training from within...we would have so won a championship one day :rolleyes:

Like not paying Ryan Grant and offering to pay Favre to mow his lawn instead of winning games for the green and gold. I love our management :rolleyes:

From what I understand, they supposedly offered Favre more money to "mow his lawn" than Grant was offered to play for six years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Ted! :clap:

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM

Except for the fact that was not my point at all, I don't know why you brought any of that up.

Brunner
07-31-2008, 12:24 PM
your point was the teams that make big FA moves have poor management. Wolf did that. So was the team poorly managed then? It won us a championship.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 12:28 PM
your point was the teams that make big FA moves have poor management. Wolf did that. So was the team poorly managed then? It won us a championship.

Learn to comprehend english. I said that most teams that go out and make big offseason splashes do so because they have poor management and have to fill in holes that way (which is the wrong way). We on the other hand have built a very good team largely through the draft, we have few holes, so we don't have to go out and make big offseason splashes like the teams I mentioned do year after year.

Packerbacker
07-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Learn to comprehend english. I said that most teams that go out and make big offseason splashes do so because they have poor management and have to fill in holes that way (which is the wrong way). We on the other hand have built a very good team largely through the draft, we have few holes, so we don't have to go out and make big offseason splashes like the teams I mentioned do year after year.

So basically what your saying is that it's ok to make trades and pick up free agents aslong as it pans out? but if it doesn't work out then you're an aweful team? Seams to me like the Cowboys and patriots did pretty well last year and they had the most big name pickups in the offseason.

Packerbacker
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Actually the best time to make a "splash" as you call it would be when you only have a few holes.