http://www.nbc6.net/news/17013711/detail.html

"We have the most talented player in the NBA, Kobe Bryant"

booyah respect:clap:

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 01:04 PM

Ok, I agree with it, but who is Dwane Wade?

LAKERMANIA
07-30-2008, 01:05 PM

wow.. you do?

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:05 PM

some guy who gets injured alot jks ment dwayne wade ;)

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
wow.. you do?

Yeah I never said I didn't like Kobe or that he wasn't the most talented I just believe the best is based on more than skills and talent. It is based on results, stats, etc.

Talent doesn't make a player one of the all time greats it is the results that do.
Talent just shows that the player is good enough to be one of the best.

madiaz3
07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
By being the best do you just mean PER as usual? lol

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
wow yu guys still denying

most talented=the best

and i give props to wade for saying that

seems to me like lebron and wade dont really care whos the best they just wanna make them sweet sweet paper

dre1990
07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
i actually agree that d- wade is the 2nd most talented player in the nba (tied with LeBron)

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
i actually agree that d- wade is the 2nd most talented player in the nba (tied with LeBron)

d wade is my second fave player in the nba

for some reason lebron just doesnt appeal

still1ballin
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM

more talented than cp3?

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:23 PM
more talented than cp3?

people who get assists are more smarts than talent

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
wow yu guys still denying

most talented=the best

No it doesn't otherwise we could say that Vince Carter is better than Magic Johnson or Tim Duncan.

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:29 PM
No it doesn't otherwise we could say that Vince Carter is better than Magic Johnson or Tim Duncan.

yur over anlayzing the meaning of the word talent

i think dwayne means kobe is the best

lakers4sho
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Kobe is the best player in the league right now. I don't see why there is any argument to that :shrug:

LeBron might be better, but that will in the future.

RapsFan4Life
07-30-2008, 01:41 PM
the most talented player in the nba is KG, he has the ALL around skill set and ALL around offense defense ... i have seen him bring the ball up with spins and throw sick passes, shoot three's post up block shots, and blow by guys ... but he is not the best, but skill wise definetly the most talented the best player is kobe because he has the ability to take over a game, doesnt mean he is the most talented it means he is the most determined, so i think

best = practice/conditioning, talent/skills, heart/determination

not one of these will make you the best

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
the most talented player in the nba is KG, he has the ALL around skill set and ALL around offense defense ... i have seen him bring the ball up with spins and throw sick passes, shoot three's post up block shots, and blow by guys ... but he is not the best, but skill wise definetly the most talented the best player is kobe because he has the ability to take over a game, doesnt mean he is the most talented it means he is the most determined, so i think

best = practice/conditioning, talent/skills, heart/determination

not one of these will make you the best

im pretty sure KG is as determined as kobe

so it negates your whole post

RapsFan4Life
07-30-2008, 01:46 PM
im pretty sure KG is as determined as kobe

so it negates your whole post

no your wrong he isn't, the reason celts are champs is cuz of peirce, KG is the best roll player in the league a scotty type player, but he will never be the jordon, he can not be the franchise player or he would have won with the wolves, he needs a kobe or a peirce or a someone to get it done, have u ever seen KG just take over in the 4th
i have seen Timmy do it, just drop 15 and 7 boards in the forth with 10 free throws, i mean thats taking over and KG doesnt do that, he is consitantly the same throughout the game

SHONIE
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm convinced that Lebron at his best will be better than Kobe at his best. Someday.

Nikolishin
07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
chris paul is the most talented best player in the nba

King Koopa
07-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Its

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Cp3
KG

SportsFan1988
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
The most talented player all around in the NBA is in fact Kobe Bryant, and quite honestly, there is no real argument there, I mean, he's the best scorer, the best defender (at his position), and he makes the smartest decisions. Name one player that can do all of that? no one, right now. Other than Kobe I would have to say the second most talented is Kevin Garnett, he can basically do anything at the PF position, better than anyone else (other than Duncan).
The rest of the list would contain of Wade, LeBron, T-Mac, CP3, and Deron Williams.

YankeeFan89
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Its

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Cp3
KG

good list if wade is healthy =]

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 02:12 PM
most talented=the best

In the above you used the superlative form of the word to refer to best and most talented and below you are as well.
So if most talented = best then that means more talented = better which is the comparative form of the word.

yur over anlayzing the meaning of the word talent

i think dwayne means kobe is the best

But you never answered the question. If more talented = better than why is Vince Carter not better than Magic or Tim Duncan?

PHX-SOXFAN
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM

exaclty.

By the way, good to see another of these threads pop up:rolleyes:

Is it time to either give out infractions or just make another all purpose kobe thread?

SwaggaIke
07-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Kobe is definitely the best player in the L. LeBron is a close second, he'll probably overtake Kobe in the next 2 years. I believe D Wade is more talented than Chris Paul. He just had to shake the injury.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
i think the king have something to say about that.

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 02:32 PM
i think the king have something to say about that.

oh you mean the king who also said kobe was the best?

KeithLBC
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
exaclty.

By the way, good to see another of these threads pop up:rolleyes:

Is it time to either give out infractions or just make another all purpose kobe thread?

If you don't like the thread name, don't click on it. Simple as that :clap:

Mr. 3 Stacks
07-30-2008, 07:55 PM
The best/most talented right now kobe bryant, he is at the peak of his career... drool while you can LA. IMO i thought CP3 should have gotten MVP better numbers then Nash when he got his...
Lebron and CP3 are close behind... and just to throw in a fan favorite MONTA ELLIS!!! haha :P

Hawkeye15
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM

because Kobe plays for a contending team. If LeBron can take 12 drunken sailors to the finals, like he did in 07', I give it to him. Kobe is the second most talented player, and by next year, slips more. Howard, LeBron, and a couple others pass him.

Hawkeye15
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Kobe is the best player in the league right now. I don't see why there is any argument to that :shrug:

LeBron might be better, but that will in the future.

no. LeBron is better. If he were surrounded by the talent Kobe has, Boston would be looking forward to fighting for their first ring next year. LeBron's second banana is ???? Exactly

argo
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
they both needed a healthy shaq to win

AutomaticWeezy
07-30-2008, 10:24 PM

I disagree, what about KG or Timmy? Got to show the big men some love.

BALLER71
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
VC

Are the most talented layers in the league.

daleja424
07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
wow...this is getting outta hand. everytime some mentions kobe's name in the media a Lakers fan posts it in here like its news. We dont care! Kobe is a great player... we all know that. You dont have to post 1000 messages a day to convince us. How about this... next time Kobe wins a title I'll stop doubting him forever... until then...I dont care who says Kobe is great...stop telling us about it!

daleja424
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
...oh and how many times a day are we going to debate the same old arguement... you arent going to convince a lakers fan that kobe isnt the best... you arent going to convince a cavs fan that lebron isnt the best etc.... these threads are getting really really repatative.

SwaggaIke
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Duncan isn't really that talented. He just plays the game the way its supposed to be played. Nothing out of the ordinary, just right.

still1ballin
07-30-2008, 11:12 PM
because Kobe plays for a contending team. If LeBron can take 12 drunken sailors to the finals, like he did in 07', I give it to him. Kobe is the second most talented player, and by next year, slips more. Howard, LeBron, and a couple others pass him.

I believe the cavs played the wizards with no butler, nor arenas in that series, then played the nets who were also had some key players injured, and they did beat the pistons in the ECF, but pistons always seem to choke in the ECF, and then when the cavs faced a real team (Spurs), what happened? SWEEP.....Kobe took his team to the playoffs in a tough western conference almost beating the Suns, with Smush Parker as the starting PG who doesn't even play anymore and Kwame Brown as his starting C who is considered one of the worst players ever.

getyopopcornrdy
07-30-2008, 11:49 PM

i grantee when kobe was tryin to get out of la

you didnt think he was the best player in the nba

getyopopcornrdy
07-30-2008, 11:52 PM
they both needed a healthy shaq to win

finally somebody relize's it

shaq makes the teams

kobe with out shaq nothing

d-wade widd out shaq nothing

both amazing players but both needed one of the best c's of all time to win

still1ballin
07-31-2008, 12:00 AM

shaq makes the teams

True, but Shaq w/o kobe was nothing as well.....don't you remember all those playoff games in the close minutes of the fourth quarter where shaq had to sit on the bench of either foul trouble, or simply because he can't shoot his freethrows, who then would take over the game? NOT SHAQ

LAKESHOW..
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM

umm dude even if its based on stats look at kobes he has amazing stats this year and basically every year and therefore hes the best in the nba

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 12:04 AM
True, but Shaq w/o kobe was nothing as well.....

Dude what the hell is this mess you are talking.

Shaq took a team to the finals and he was named a top 50 player all time in 4 years.

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 12:05 AM
umm dude even if its based on stats look at kobes he has amazing stats this year and basically every year and therefore hes the best in the nba

His numbers weren't better than Lebron's at all nor were they better than CP3's.

Check their PER, Win Shares, Player Wins and OWS why don't you.

LAKESHOW..
07-31-2008, 12:11 AM
okay first of all ask any player in the nba who the best player is everyone would say kobe hands down everyone besides paul pierce second of all kobe is the best clutch player that ever played besides jordan if u had to choose kobe or lebron in the 7th game of the finals and u were down by 1 with 3 seconds left who would u choose kobe or lebron?

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 12:16 AM
okay first of all ask any player in the nba who the best player is everyone would say kobe hands down everyone besides paul pierce second of all kobe is the best clutch player that ever played besides jordan if u had to choose kobe or lebron in the 7th game of the finals and u were down by 1 with 3 seconds left who would u choose kobe or lebron?

I didn't say ask any player I said show me how Kobe's stats were better than Lebron and CP3 because that is what you said.

kntresistheheat
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
UMMM.....Shaq did nothing for us in the playoffs or in the finals!!! Wade did it all with a supportive cast just like every other team, That's why espn voted wade as the best single performance in finals history. Now you have an arguement with kobe/shaq because in LA Shaq was a beast and he put up numbers and dont me wrong shaq draws attention in the paint but if you look at the finals wade was double teamed even trippled and not to mention took shaq out of the paint because of all the time drove into the basket and went to the line 23 times!!!.......And no, am not saying wade is better than kobe because I think kobe is the best player in the league infact Kobe and wade are my favorite right now in the league along with lebron!

shaq makes the teams

LAKESHOW..
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
it doesnt matter about the stats kobe and lebron are basically the same in stats and kobe is a leader and seriously who would u take with the game on the line kobe or lebron??

LAKESHOW..
07-31-2008, 12:19 AM
UMMM.....Shaq did nothing for us in the playoffs or in the finals!!! Wade did it all with a supportive cast just like every other team, That's why espn voted wade as the best single performance in finals history. Now you have an arguement with kobe/shaq because in LA Shaq was a beast and he put up numbers and dont me wrong shaq draws attention in the paint but if you look at the finals wade was double teamed even trippled and not to mention took shaq out of the paint because of all the time drove into the basket and went to the line 23 times!!!.......And no, am not saying wade is better than kobe because I think kobe is the best player in the league infact Kobe and wade are my favorite right now in the league along with lebron!

exactly everyone saying shaq took them to the finals not really shaq had wade the second or third best player in the league.

kntresistheheat
07-31-2008, 12:23 AM
KOBE, lebron has no hart he want's to pass all the time!!!! That's why I said that Wade is better then lebron when healthy. Wade always want's the ball in his hand's at the end he proved that in his rookie year in the playoffs against the hornets and he just kept going in Ny,Jazz,Nj,Suns,ect! He has so many game winners!!!:D

it doesnt matter about the stats kobe and lebron are basically the same in stats and kobe is a leader and seriously who would u take with the game on the line kobe or lebron??

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 12:24 AM

And Lebron isn't a leader? Also can you show that they are the same in stats?

Lebron vs Kobe (http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=jamesle01&y1=2008&p2=bryanko01&y2=2008)

LAKESHOW..
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
exactly i think lebron is good but he chokes in the game and passes the ball instead of shooting it

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
exactly everyone saying shaq took them to the finals not really shaq had wade the second or third best player in the league.

No one is saying Shaq took Miami to the finals, they are saying Shaq took the Lakers to the finals.