PDA

View Full Version : Brew Crew Robbed Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PapelbonLester
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Indians, Sox talked Sabathia before Brewers made deal
The Herald's Michael Silverman wrote on Tuesday that the Indians had discussed C.C. Sabathia with the Sox: "In the past few days, according to a source with knowledge of the talks between the Indians and Red Sox, Cleveland did not come down from its request of one package headlined by righthander Michael Bowden, the other featuring the Sox’ best position-player prospects, including Lars Anderson, Jed Lowrie and Josh Reddick." The Sabathia sweepstakes ended early this trade season, with the Brewers acquiring the Indians ace for outfield prospect Matt LaPorta and three other minor leaguers.................even though that is asking for 4 of our top 10 prospects i really would have done this deal.... IMAGINE. CC,Beckett,Lester,Dice k,Wake with clay going in a deal for holliday or something. SHOOOOOOOOOOT

tc2deuce
07-30-2008, 12:34 PM
we will just sign CC during the offseason.....we need another starter ASAP!

bosox3431
07-30-2008, 12:57 PM
One, you read it wrong they wanted a deal with either Bowden as the main piece, or a deal with one of those other three as the main piece. And im glad you aren't GM, those are our top 4 prospects, and you want to trade them for one guy, who is having a down year. sorry but your nuts. Secondly, you then also want to trade Buchholz in a serperate deal for Holliday? Please do all of baseball a favor and never become a GM

BostonFan 53
07-30-2008, 01:10 PM
CC would be great. But i'm definitly not for trading away all of our future for him.

sboyajian
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
One, you read it wrong they wanted a deal with either Bowden as the main piece, or a deal with one of those other three as the main piece. And im glad you aren't GM, those are our top 4 prospects, and you want to trade them for one guy, who is having a down year. sorry but your nuts. Secondly, you then also want to trade Buchholz in a serperate deal for Holliday? Please do all of baseball a favor and never become a GM

CC was having a down year when he was worried about his contract. Now that he is just trying to help a team make the playoffs, he's playing like an absolute Phenom.

I still wouldn't trade the top 4 for a rental tho and wouldn't mind going after him in the offseason since we'll likely be rid of Manny's deal.

Freel for prez
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Boston doesnt need CC sabathia. Now if you could get matt holliday that would be HUGE. He would make fun of that left field and be a huge upgrade on Defense out there. Go for Mr holliday and put the yanks and rays away.

Tragedy
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Oh well.

It's not like our pitching isn't already solid. Having Sabathia is only a good thing, but I personally wasn't willing to give up all the prospects.

We'll have an opportunity to discuss a contract with him in the offseason.

RedSoxtober
07-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Closing the thread. Same information was already posted to the 'Official Trade' thread.