PDA

View Full Version : Steve Francis

Kimbosliced
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
With Steve Francis' return to Houston, how do y'all think he will fair? Has he completely recovered from his injury and will he be the new starting PG for y'all? Also, how did he look in NY last season. I know he didn't play that much per contest. But his production seemed pretty good on a really bad team for his limited minutes. What do y'all think? Does he still have his quickness?

dchalphen
07-30-2008, 10:53 AM
no, no, and def no. he's a has been.

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Well Steve has a ways to go,but Artest is a reason for him to come in ready to play. He will be apart of the 2008-2009 Houston Rockets

Tmac to da rack
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Now with Bobby Jackson out, Francis and Aaron brooks will fight for the PG position behind Rafer, Hopefully Francis gets in shape and stays healthy, then will really be an awesome team, Houston fans will love to see the franchise play 60+games been the PG off the bench and Helping this team win a championship!

HouRealCoach
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I see him as the backup PG

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
He can be a pretty good backup playing up to 15mpg

Crzycjunx76
07-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Francis is a backup, if he is healthy. His body is so broken down that he is no longer a starter but if everything goes perfectly for him this offseason and we get Really lucky he will be a decent backup.

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I believe in Francis

Kimbosliced
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, will you guys refresh my memory of what happened to Steve Francis? I know he had tendonitis, but I thought that was all? Has he lost all his explosiveness? Did he get lazy? Like what happened?

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, he lost his explosiveness and has gained a few pounds. He wuz out of shape because he hasnt played in a nba in a while so he doesnt have the game speed down packed.

I really he comes back to be just half the man he used to be. We all know its impossible for him to be the same. Maybe drop a few pounds.

Russjr2
07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I really doubt Francis will be able to come back and beat out Brooks as a backup PG. With Barry on the team now and able to play some PG, steve's contract can be included in some sort of package deal cause we would not need him.

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Let's Comeback Strong Francis, You Have Doubters!!!

ufd869
07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
even if he comes back, he is already a done commodity.

i'd rather groom Brooks.

Fury
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
hopefully he backs up alston..alston proved his worth and deserves the starting job

laxtonto
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
He tore up his knee... Torn quadraceps tendon in his right knee, torn cartlidge in his right knee, and he has had reoccuring tendinitis and swelling in both knees. I like Francis and I know he loves Houston so I do hope he comes back strong but even before the knee injuries he had lost a step and Francis always depended exclusivley on his quickness to get his shots.

Driven
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Now with Bobby Jackson out, Francis and Aaron brooks will fight for the PG position behind Rafer, Hopefully Francis gets in shape and stays healthy, then will really be an awesome team, Houston fans will love to see the franchise play 60+games been the PG off the bench and Helping this team win a championship!
We need to find a backup PG BADLY.

Wizard of O's
08-01-2008, 03:01 AM
Brooks is a good enough backup.

I'm hoping for the 2001 version of Steve Francis next season.

Hopefully he's got the urge to get in shape for 20+ minutes a night

WeSpeakYourName
08-01-2008, 04:59 AM
hes a bum!

Z_Ace_157
08-01-2008, 06:22 AM
i would love to see francis back in the mix with the rockets. enjoyed watching him and mobley play here. those were fun times. hope francis can somewhat get back to his old form. at least break some guys off the dribble and take it in strong. i know he cant dunk like before, but at least get in there and create some shots.

i would love to see that. but its a long shot. first of all, he has to stay healthy. and then he has to beat out a young aaron brooks. i hope he gets one last chance though, to put it together.

TMAC94
08-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Francis Come Off Bench Play Some Mins At Sg !

pippsux
08-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I think he will retire by training camp and end his career a rocket. Just a hunch, I am hoping it doesn't happen, I was a big fan of Steve when he first came out.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-03-2008, 02:19 AM
we wont see the old allstar Francis , but i think he going to come to camp in shape and ready to win and help out the team.

TMAC94
08-03-2008, 06:10 AM
18 Minutes
10 Points
3 Assits
1 Rebounds

Thats if were lucky...

mightybosstone
08-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't know why people are convinced that Francis still has a chance to be anything in this league. The way I look at it... he's finished. I think he's probably the 3rd PG on this team right now and I don't think he has much chance to move up unless there's a serious injury to alston or brooks.

bcross90
08-03-2008, 02:04 PM
he will be on the ir for most of the year if hes not cut may play in 10 games max if there is an injury but no way he ever becomes an important part of any nba team for the rest of his career. brooks is ready to get minutes-- he is incredibly explosive and if he can learn to play d he will be the pg of the future assuming we dont make any trades.

Renovator
08-04-2008, 05:34 AM
If we dont land another back up PG, then Francis has a good chance to get 10-15 MPG. I hope he can put up 10points, 3-4 assists consistantly.

HouRealCoach
08-04-2008, 02:18 PM
If we dont land another back up PG, then Francis has a good chance to get 10-15 MPG. I hope he can put up 10points, 3-4 assists consistantly.

Steve Francis can do that. When he was inshape and healthy in New York at the end of the year he played great but he didnt workout before the training Camp because he had a newborn and wanted to spend time with his family and he was way behind everyone when training camp came but it will be a different story this time

bcross90
08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Steve Francis can do that. When he was inshape and healthy in New York at the end of the year he played great but he didnt workout before the training Camp because he had a newborn and wanted to spend time with his family and he was way behind everyone when training camp came but it will be a different story this time

i can appreciate the optimism on francis but there is a reason it didnt work out in orlando, new york, his contract was immediately bought out by the blazers after the zach randolph trade and he signed with us for one year with a team option for 2 mil. thats the kind of deal you give to a guy like luther head. the only difference is head is younger with upside. francis is on the downslope of his career and cant recover from the snowball effect that started when he put himself above the team (went to the superbowl in houston instead of the team plane to play a game)and JVG traded him. he was talented. he was explosive. he was an all-star but he is non of those things now.

HouRealCoach
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
i can appreciate the optimism on francis but there is a reason it didnt work out in orlando, new york, his contract was immediately bought out by the blazers after the zach randolph trade and he signed with us for one year with a team option for 2 mil. thats the kind of deal you give to a guy like luther head. the only difference is head is younger with upside. francis is on the downslope of his career and cant recover from the snowball effect that started when he put himself above the team (went to the superbowl in houston instead of the team plane to play a game)and JVG traded him. he was talented. he was explosive. he was an all-star but he is non of those things now.

I understand exactly what youre saying but next to B-Diddy The Franchise is my favorite PG in the league and Im always gonna believe he will come back or is gonna be to us what Payton was to Miami in 2006

bcross90
08-04-2008, 03:01 PM
thats what i like to hear a loyal but realistic fan. im the same way about mcgrady but i dont know if he is the right guy to lead us to the top. i think i still might do the billups and hamilton for tmac deal. i just dont know if hes a leader and willing to make the sacrifices it takes to win a championship(recognize that yao is the best player and give him more touches instead of jacking up fade away threes and long twos.) Well see what happens.

Tmac to da rack
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Getting Billups and Rip will make our team much better and more deeper, just imagine......

Billups
Rip
Artest
Scola
Yao
Bench
Barry
Rafer
Battier
Landry
Mutumbo
Brooks

Doesnt that team look like its ready to win the next 3 championship???
All that said and done, Lets just try Tmac Artest and Yao first !