PDA

View Full Version : Rockets the team to beat in the west

jokesterz
07-30-2008, 08:55 AM
prove me wrong

GermanLakersFan
07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
tmac battier ron and yao the rockets have two of the best wing defenders on their team

they fill thier need for a other player who can create his own shot

the laker with kobe on lock cant beat the rockets look wat posey did to him and ron and battier are better defenders

:laugh: yeah right....:laugh: whose gonna defend the twin towers? too bad u only have 1 yao ming....

Rico1455
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Incoming Lakers Fans -

IF (huge IF) they stay healthy there the favorite in the west.

Being born and raised in houston, I have been watching the rockets for as long as I can remember. I haven't been this excited since we beat Knicks in 7. I remember driving up and down Westheimer partying all night that year.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
if healthy yes if injured 1st rd and out.

_Sn1P3r_
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
if healthy yes if injured 1st rd and out.

I agree.

marlinsfan24
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
If they stay healthy, they have the best chance to be that team

RapsFan4Life
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
rockets are not the team to beat yet, they still need some tweeking to their front court .. in the PF position, they need a solid defensive PF ... and battie's roll becomes useless with Ron, lakers are still the team to beat, although i hate to say it .. but new orleans and rockets both have a great chance

theimortalone
07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
prove me wrong

I dont think so. There still is LA, NO, PHX, SAS, UTH, Houston has to prove that they can get out of the first round of the playoffs. It all depends on if HOU is healthy. If healthy, then yes they are legit contenders, but they still have to go over the teams mentioned.

frizbo72
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
They didn't even improve their team. He plays the same game as Battier. Great defender and streaky on offense. But with Tmac and Yao he won't be needed for he offense and if I am not mistaken Battier was runner-up for defensive player of the year. Plus you got another player on the downside of his career that is injury prone. Sounds like a good fit for the Roxs. So OK they got a little deeper at the forward position but lost a good back-up PG and two players that could and would be thieir future. By putting all their eggs in one basket they have two years to do something and then after that they got nothing. So IMO I don't think they got any better and lost a future stud and who knows who they could of got next year. They had better hope Rafer stays healthy because after watching what D-will did to Chris Rock last year they could be in trouble!

Rico1455
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
I dont think so. There still is LA, NO, PHX, SAS, UTH, Houston has to prove that they can get out of the first round of the playoffs. It all depends on if HOU is healthy. If healthy, then yes they are legit contenders, but they still have to go over the teams mentioned.

Pho and Utah?

Do you even watch NBA

The Jazz barely beat the rockets without Yao and there Starting PG for 2 games.

pippsux
07-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Everybody brings up the "when healthy" thing. They have never been healthy and never will, however they have consistently been a 50 win team (minus 1 very injury plagued year). The problem has been the playoffs. I trully believe Yao was forced to make a tough choice, shut down for the rest of season and make the Olympics or play in the playoffs and miss the Olympics. We know what happened. The truth is Tmac and Yao where not enough to lead a team out of the Western conference, now they are. They have added what Van Gundy cried for, for so long. The team needed some "dogs" fearless players with a hint or crazy or plain bad that would make up for Tmac and Yao's nice guy personality. I am very happy with the move and can't wait to see him in a rockets uniform.

They are definately the team to beat, Spurs are older and slower, Suns are not what the once where and Lakers are missing "grit". We are definately the team to beat.

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
A good team sure top 3 yes, but putting all your stock and title hopes on a guy like Ron Artest is pretty risky. I don't think he will get you a championship even if the whole team stays physically healthy, you have a mental cancer in your locker room. Just wait and see Artest will give you a love hate relationship all season and into the playoffs. I project a 2nd round exit, which is still an improvment, but you aren't over the top yet.

frizbo72
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Pho and Utah?

Do you even watch NBA

If not mistaken they beat them the year before too with Yao. Dwill owns the roxs and now he will own them even more without a backup to a starting backup PG.

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Pho and Utah?

Do you even watch NBA

Atlanta took Boston to 7 games and Boston went on the win the NBA Championship. So are you saying that since Boston struggled with Atlanta and Cleveland they are a joke of a team? I am not holding a lot of stock in your comments of Utah not being a solid team. They have one of the best front lines in the game and one of the best young PG's we have seen in a long time. Utah is a tough team and will be a contender again next year, they probably won't win either but it is obsurd to discredit them.

mightybosstone
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
:laugh: yeah right....:laugh: whose gonna defend the twin towers? too bad u only have 1 yao ming....

Hmm..... how about Artest? He can guard PFs at times and I think we all know how soft Gasol is. Good look scoring points when you have Battier and Artest on the floor at the same time...

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Once again, if you want to start a thread say who is the team to beat in the west don't just say a team is the team to beat because it only starts up a fanbase war where posters begin to attack one another.