PDA

View Full Version : Artest traded to Houston

B2B
07-30-2008, 01:47 AM
The Houston Rockets have reportedly reached an agreement with the Sacramento Kings that will land Ron Artest in Houston.

According to published reports the Rockets will send Bobby Jackson, Donte Greene, a first round pick in the 2009 NBA draft, and cash amounting to around $1 million to the Kings for the storied forward.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9634

ink
07-30-2008, 01:53 AM
I guess that puts an end to hopes of getting Artest for the Raptors.

B2B
07-30-2008, 02:08 AM
I guess that puts an end to hopes of getting Artest for the Raptors.

I guess so

What bothers me is what it took to aquire him.

Bargnani > Bobby Jackson
Graham = Donte Greene = potential

$7,525,624 | $7,969,048

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~25&teams=23~23~28&te=&cash=

Musical Tempo
07-30-2008, 03:34 AM
I guess so

Bargnani > Bobby Jackson

$7,525,624 | $7,969,048

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~25&teams=23~23~28&te=&cash=

I honestly am not trying to bash Bargnani even though I don't like him but Bobby Jackson is way better then Bargnani. Even in stats I think he out slighty out rebounds a 7 footer, kinda of sad if your Bragnani. At the peak of Jacksons career he was avg 15pg I think Bargnani will only reach that on a team that doesn't really care about defensive but stacking points, suns, nuggets, warriors, I think I named most of them. I would do Donte Greene for Joey Graham right now if I was offered the trade.

Also teams know Bargnani will want atleast 5-7m a year when his current contract expires, at the current moment he isn't worth it out side from being 7feet his assets are grade B at least. While Bobby Jackson will probably take a contract less then 3m when his contract expires. In all honesty if Bargnani doesnt fix his act, how many of you believe he will take the money in Europe if he isnt offered a contract between 5-7 or even more? This is my biggest fear that we will lose a potential player, and waste a #1 draft pick. Would it make BC look bad if he did leave like that? Since I believe he could make like 10+ m a year in Europe if Josh Childress gonna make 32.5m in 3 years.

star
07-30-2008, 07:33 AM
I honestly am not trying to bash Bargnani even though I don't like him but Bobby Jackson is way better then Bargnani. Even in stats I think he out slighty out rebounds a 7 footer, kinda of sad if your Bragnani. At the peak of Jacksons career he was avg 15pg I think Bargnani will only reach that on a team that doesn't really care about defensive but stacking points, suns, nuggets, warriors, I think I named most of them. I would do Donte Greene for Joey Graham right now if I was offered the trade.

Also teams know Bargnani will want atleast 5-7m a year when his current contract expires, at the current moment he isn't worth it out side from being 7feet his assets are grade B at least. While Bobby Jackson will probably take a contract less then 3m when his contract expires. In all honesty if Bargnani doesnt fix his act, how many of you believe he will take the money in Europe if he isnt offered a contract between 5-7 or even more? This is my biggest fear that we will lose a potential player, and waste a #1 draft pick. Would it make BC look bad if he did leave like that? Since I believe he could make like 10+ m a year in Europe if Josh Childress gonna make 32.5m in 3 years.

bergnani has WAy more potential than bobby jackson ... way more

mpickup
07-30-2008, 07:46 AM
No GM in the league would value Bobby Jackson even in the same stratosphere as Bargnani...Raps wouldn't have offered him to get Artest

lukeem21
07-30-2008, 08:12 AM
not to mention we're talking about going to a team that is rebuilding here

nstojic
07-30-2008, 08:19 AM
jackson>bargnani- at this very moment, bargnani>jackson - in a year or two

greene >>>>>>>>>>> graham

Mile High Champ
07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
omg drop the whole ron artest to toronto talk already. It was never going to happen for a thousand reasons. Im glad he is not coming here, would of poisoned this team from the inside out. The last thing we would of needed would be to remind JO of all the troubles that went on in Indiana. He wants to move on.. Let him!

ink
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
^I remember a few people who wouldn't let the Maggette trade drop either! ;) Cut the guy some slack. He thought Artest was a good fit. Now that's done with and we can move on with the roster we have.

lukeem21
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
you know i think there could be something to getting artest, even though its obviously not going to happen now...

what kind of trade could we put together to get artest and rafer alston in toronto, we might be able to give up calderon, bargnani and a couple first rounders then we'll be money... remember how good we were when we didnt care about the character of the players on our team? those were the days

you think two straight playoff appearances a division title a handful of young players that want to be here and have very bright futures, and the aquisition of an allstar who seems desperate to play his part in a franchise and win... you think all of that progress would be enough to convince some people that maybe there is something to this building a team of not just good players but good people... guess not, lets get vince back too he's due for a championship right?

B2B
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
you know i think there could be something to getting artest, even though its obviously not going to happen now...

what kind of trade could we put together to get artest and rafer alston in toronto, we might be able to give up calderon, bargnani and a couple first rounders then we'll be money... remember how good we were when we didnt care about the character of the players on our team? those were the days

you think two straight playoff appearances a division title a handful of young players that want to be here and have very bright futures, and the aquisition of an allstar who seems desperate to play his part in a franchise and win... you think all of that progress would be enough to convince some people that maybe there is something to this building a team of not just good players but good people... guess not, lets get vince back too he's due for a championship right?

Right

The Wise 1
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
So it looks like all it took was an expiring contract and a 1st round draft pick. Too bad we didnt have a contract that was expiring that was around 4-5 mill (oh wait :)). Then we could of added that with Joey G and a 1st.

I still dont think BC would of brought him in even if we still had Garbo and the option to do the trade.

deaner
07-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I thought by now someone would have mentioned the fact that Shane Battier is expendable on the Rockets roster.

B2B
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I thought by now someone would have mentioned the fact that Shane Battier is expendable on the Rockets roster.

Why?

Yao
Battier/Artest Both these players r capable of playing SF/PF
Artest/Battier
TMac
Alston

That's a good defensive team.

A4L
07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
I guess so

Bargnani > Bobby Jackson

$7,525,624 | $7,969,048

thats true -- wow i was shocked when i saw that trade. The kings are really queens lol ..... who the hell runs their upper management --- man those two twins that run the team better invest their money somewhere else ... shameless plug!!!

Musical Tempo
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
thats true -- wow i was shocked when i saw that trade. The kings are really queens lol ..... who the hell runs their upper management --- man those two twins that run the team better invest their money somewhere else ... shameless plug!!!

Those two twins have made it further in the playoff and have probably brought more revenue then our GM, and MLSE has done for the Raptors.

As for Bobby Jackson he is a winner, obviously Bargnani has more potential but Bargnani hasn't demonstrated the passion for winning that Jackson has demonstrated throughout his career especially at his prime with the Kings. I'm still giving Bargnani the next season to change his game for the better.

gbus
07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Any real chance of Artest becoming a Raptor ended when we picked up Jermaine O'Neal. He said he wanted to move on from his Pacer days and i'm sure BC was smart enough to not jeopardize that by bringing back one of the guys who started the team's downturn. Ron Artest the player would've been been a great fit on our team at any time, whereas Ron Artest the person was only a good fit on our team before we got O'Neal.

_Sn1P3r_
08-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Any real chance of Artest becoming a Raptor ended when we picked up Jermaine O'Neal. He said he wanted to move on from his Pacer days and i'm sure BC was smart enough to not jeopardize that by bringing back one of the guys who started the team's downturn. Ron Artest the player would've been been a great fit on our team at any time, whereas Ron Artest the person was only a good fit on our team before we got O'Neal.

Good post. I agree. JO is all about starting new and being 're-born' so BC would've been smart and not had tried to acquire Artest.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Why?

Yao
Battier/Artest Both these players r capable of playing SF/PF
Artest/Battier
TMac
Alston

That's a good defensive team.

i agree