PDA

View Full Version : Rockets guard Tracy McGrady is thrilled at the news.

goku
07-30-2008, 01:44 AM
couldn't be more happy," McGrady said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "Pleased at how the organization is trying to improve this team, get the help that Yao and myself really need to really get to where want to be and that's one of the elite teams in this league.

"If this is true this is definitely what I have been waiting on for eleven years in my career, for a team to really improve and put the talent (on the floor) that I feel that we can compete with the best."

McGrady said Artest brings a lot to the Rockets.

"He brings a mental and physical toughness" McGrady said."He brings a guy that competes at a high level on the basketball court.

"Defensively he's tough. Offensively he is a force to be reckoned with. He's probably one of the most difficult guys to guard on the perimeter because of his size, because of his strength.

McGrady said he was taking a nap when he got the news and now he will not be able to go back to sleep because his "heart is racing."

ee
07-30-2008, 01:46 AM
The Rockets is one of the elites, aslong as Yao and Tmac play over 75 games.....Injuries is the only thing holding them back from exploding IMO....It's not about help, although that's great also but if you only get 50-60 games out of Yao and Tmac, they'll be in the same situation as they were every season, Artest or not....

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-30-2008, 01:59 AM
as a rockets and tmac im glad tmac has a elite team around him.

_Sn1P3r_
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Healthy is the key word here. They are a force to be reckoned with if they stay healthy and develop a chemistry on and off the court.

king4day
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I can't imagine why he wouldn't be.
He def won't wanna be dealt now.

This thread has to get moved to the Rockets forum.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
They don't really have to be healthy in the season too much as long as they make the playoffs, but if all 3 are healthy in the playoffs no one will want to play them.