PDA

View Full Version : Rockets guard Tracy McGrady is thrilled at the news.

goku
07-30-2008, 01:43 AM
"I couldn't be more happy," McGrady said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "Pleased at how the organization is trying to improve this team, get the help that Yao and myself really need to really get to where want to be and that's one of the elite teams in this league.

"If this is true this is definitely what I have been waiting on for eleven years in my career, for a team to really improve and put the talent (on the floor) that I feel that we can compete with the best."

McGrady said Artest brings a lot to the Rockets.

"He brings a mental and physical toughness" McGrady said."He brings a guy that competes at a high level on the basketball court.

"Defensively he's tough. Offensively he is a force to be reckoned with. He's probably one of the most difficult guys to guard on the perimeter because of his size, because of his strength.

McGrady said he was taking a nap when he got the news and now he will not be able to go back to sleep because his "heart is racing."

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Houston is now a contender

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-30-2008, 02:03 AM
im happy for tmac and yao :]

DES
07-30-2008, 02:13 AM
scary team! congrats....battier and artest...wow....slowing down 2 opposing best players then having them facing yao at the center.....

HouRealCoach
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM
We have the best defense EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tmac to da rack
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Finally Rockets fans we get to witness an awesome team! We've waited 14+years for a ring!!!!!!! This year is going to be awesome, Tmacs going to play his best season ever!

houstonrockets1
07-30-2008, 12:45 PM
If I was Tracy i would be celebrating right now. I was actually thinking if Yao even knows this has happened since he is playing in bejing at the moment. But this is Tracy, Yao year to finally get out of the first round and even further into the playoffs.

If you look at the team on paper we will have one of the best starting fives in the league and a very deep experienced bench:

C-Yao
PF-Scola
SF-Artest
SG-Mcgrady
PG-Alston
6-Battier
7-Barry
8-Landry
9-Brooks

*10-Head/Novak/Francis/Harris
*11-Dorsey/Hayes
12-Deke (hopefully he will sign)

*These guys with maybe the exception of francis and Dorsey might get traded cause we are way over the player limit, but i still beleive that there will be a minor deal still the will be done which will some of these guys.

If you look at that line up we are gonna be hard to score on and hard to defend because we have a bunch of top quality shooters.

This is gonna be an incredible season that gonna be coming up and i hope if it all works well Artest decides to stay for less money.

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
If I was Tracy i would be celebrating right now. I was actually thinking if Yao even knows this has happened since he is playing in bejing at the moment. But this is Tracy, Yao year to finally get out of the first round and even further into the playoffs.

If you look at the team on paper we will have one of the best starting fives in the league and a very deep experienced bench:

C-Yao
PF-Scola
SF-Artest
SG-Mcgrady
PG-Alston
6-Battier
7-Barry
8-Landry
9-Brooks

*10-Head/Novak/Francis/Harris
*11-Dorsey/Hayes
12-Deke (hopefully he will sign)

*These guys with maybe the exception of francis and Dorsey might get traded cause we are way over the player limit, but i still beleive that there will be a minor deal still the will be done which will some of these guys.

If you look at that line up we are gonna be hard to score on and hard to defend because we have a bunch of top quality shooters.

This is gonna be an incredible season that gonna be coming up and i hope if it all works well Artest decides to stay for less money.

We can hold 15 players, its just that only 12 can suite up and Artest is not going to go for less money.

mrgerbik
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
MAVS fan from DAllas here.... CONGRATS! & THIS SUCKS :)

prash
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Feels good to be a Rockets fan!

ufd869
07-30-2008, 07:24 PM
tracy their would be less possession for you now.

do us a favor, please improve on your FG accuracy!

Chronz
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
tracy their would be less possession for you now.

do us a favor, please improve on your FG accuracy!
Couldnt have said it better myself, this will be by far the most important aspect for the teams chances of winning.