PDA

View Full Version : What is Paul Pierce smoking...

TheNewbster
07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670

"Finals MVP Paul Pierce, who recently spent three days at a ball camp in Madrid, is making, ahem, news about what he said to a Spanish reporter. The money translation, via RedsArmy: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans. (Update: OK, Lakers Nation is pretty upset, too.) "

No seriously...he's not even top 10.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Why should Paul Pierce short change himself after winning finals MVP and playing great defense on the guy many think is the best?

ugafan
07-30-2008, 01:37 AM
ZOMG LOL
I was just about to post this
:pity: Paul Pierce
Not even best on his team

ee
07-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Many players think they're the best.....I've heard Sam Cassell say it many times when he was in his prime and no one hates him for it....It's nothing offensive and I don't think fans should hate him for it.....They're athletes, like boxers, everyone thinks they're the best.....

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Many players think they're the best.....I've heard Sam Cassell say it many times when he was in his prime and no one hates him for it....It's nothing offensive and I don't think fans should hate him for it.....They're athletes, like boxers, everyone thinks they're the best.....

Yea it happens all the time Damon Jones claimed he was the greatest shooter in the world..

LAKERMANIA
07-30-2008, 02:15 AM
He's smoking a Red Auerbach cigar with a 2008 championship ring..Something Kobe's not doing...

or something kobe has done 3 times already..

Kyben36
07-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Shoot, Guys, very very sorry, Joakim Noah got out of his ankle Bracelet and met up with Paul Pierce. We will have him back Home by nightfall.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Its not as bad as it seems. He just thinks he's the best. He's not forcing anybody to change there opinion. I'm sure a lot of other players feel the same way.

AllTheWay
07-30-2008, 03:06 AM
Even though it's not true, you can't fault him for saying that. Its that attitude that got him to star status in the NBA.

But I also think its funny how he says he isn't arrogant and hes the best in an arrogant type of tone.

Ironic eh?

DES
07-30-2008, 03:11 AM
running of the bulls....pierce was nothing to be stopped...being the best?? nah...prob his best games in the finals...

LA_Bron
07-30-2008, 03:41 AM
He is truly the best in the NBA...

We're talking acting, right?

horry1ur
07-30-2008, 03:44 AM
^^ LOL nice sig

PRETTY BIRD
07-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Why should Paul Pierce short change himself after winning finals MVP and playing great defense on the guy many think is the best?

just as crazy!:pity:

PRETTY BIRD
07-30-2008, 03:57 AM

lol!

Er1c
07-30-2008, 04:01 AM

for sure HAHAHHA

PRETTY BIRD
07-30-2008, 04:05 AM
running of the bulls....pierce was nothing to be stopped...being the best?? nah...prob his best games in the finals...

also...look who was guarding him in the finals..when he wasn't shooting a wide open three he was being guarded by radmanovic or walton 1 on 1...were as in kobe was being triple team...and all the celtics just focused on him through out the whole series!:smoking:

paul pierce is just saying all this **** because he's delarious...you see, he's been a loser all his life, and knows that he actually won something for the first time....the guy is not use to it!....this could probably go for all the celtics!

ARMIN12NBA
07-30-2008, 04:26 AM
He is not even top 20 in the NBA let alone being the best. He is just full of himself and arrogant after winning the ship. I guess he is one of those people who never win so when they finally do, they don't know how to win with grace.

LA_Bron
07-30-2008, 04:34 AM
All joking aside, I've always respected him in the past. For not being arrogant, staying loyal to his team that was slowly becoming a joke.

Now that he's got a ring, he thinks the world evolves around him.

He's not even the best player in the Eastern Conference, let alone in his team. Let him get cocky and think he's the best player, and have him turn lazy. All real Laker/Kobe fans know that the reason why he's the best player in the world is because he's never satisfied with where he is and he thrives to be better every single day.

fairandbalanced
07-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Kobe is not NBA's best player. Lebron and D-Wade are more complete than Kobe.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 08:35 AM
He is not even top 20 in the NBA let alone being the best. He is just full of himself and arrogant after winning the ship. I guess he is one of those people who never win so when they finally do, they don't know how to win with grace.

So a guy who is not top 20 and played lock down defense on one of the best takes home finals mvp?
:confused:

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
he's not in the same league as kobe lol.

fairandbalanced
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
laker fans need to get over the illusion that Kobe is the best. Kobe is terrific and he knows how to play well against bad/average teams, but he is an average player when playing tough teams.....that you can't say about D-wade or Lebron.

ZHawk1123
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM

Name 20 guys that are better than Paul Pierce... I DARE you... :eyebrow:

Ph1lly Diehard
07-30-2008, 08:58 AM

That's crossing the line.. He's top 15, 20 is pushing it..

He's a great defender and he comes through in the clutch when needed. You can't teach clutchness

BTownTeamsRKing
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Find me another player in the nba besides Kobe, that has a good 3 pt shot, Great mid range shot that he can put up over anyone he wants, Defense so good he can lock down Kobe (dont say he didnt bc kobe almost never scored with Pierce on him).

Hes got so many ways to get to the basket, he may not be fast, but he can get wherever he wants on the court in single coverage.

he is a LEADER who is CLUTCH. u can say wat u want about KG and Ray. they are great, but when things got tough and pressure was high, the guy who ALWAYS led the charge was Paul Pierce.

He is also is a good passer and decision maker when he has teamates to pass to. not to mention, the guy had many nights where he led the team in rebounds, yes even more than KG.

Kobe and Pierce are the most complete players in the world.

the world has been sleepen on The Truth, and apparently still is.

if he doesnt beleive hes the best, why should anyone else?

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
laker fans need to get over the illusion that Kobe is the best. Kobe is terrific and he knows how to play well against bad/average teams, but he is an average player when playing tough teams.....that you can't say about D-wade or Lebron.name 3 players that's better than kobe?

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:10 AM
I hate kobe Bryant and his constant aggrogance but he is a better player than Paul Pierce. I don't think there are any GM's out there that if given a choice of either player to build a team around that would pick Pierce of the two. I don't have any problems with what Pierce said though either if he feels that way he will need to prove it on the court this season and be the league MVP last I checked that was the award that goes to the best player in the league that year. Ask Pierce who won that in 2008.

frizbo72
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
The manis entitled to his opinion and I like that. Is he? NO. But I wish my players had that kind of confidence.

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:13 AM
name 3 players that's better than kobe?

Are you asking me or Paul Pierce?

My Answers:

Lebron
Chris Paul
and of course Will Perdue!

Pauls answers:

Paul Pierce
Paul Pierce
Paul Pierce

BTownTeamsRKing
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
I hate kobe Bryant and his constant aggrogance but he is a better player than Paul Pierce. I don't think there are any GM's out there that if given a choice of either player to build a team around that would pick Pierce of the two. I don't have any problems with what Pierce said though either if he feels that way he will need to prove it on the court this season and be the league MVP last I checked that was the award that goes to the best player in the league that year. Ask Pierce who won that in 2008.

the mvp award is a joke. its voted on by biased writers. whens the last time an MVP of the reg season wons the finals in the same year? TD, and thats about it.

Finals MVP is a lot more impressive in my opinion.

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:18 AM
No argument here on the bias sportwriters but the award signifies the best player in the league that year, you can't argue what the award means. I wouldn't have voted for Kobe if I had a vote, but I wouldn't have voted for Pierce either.

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I disagree with the Finals MVP statement. Many players can have a good 4-7 games in a series, few can be consisitant in an 82 game schedule. I am from Detroit and I wouldn't say Chauncey winning the Finals MVP in 2004 would catapulte him to a Kobe Bryant, TIm Duncan status. If it held some much weight in the eyes of GM and team owners why haven't we gotton squat for Billups when we are looking to make trades? Houston wouldn't give up T-Mac (No league MVPS and not one trip past the 1st RD in the playoffs) for Billups and Tayshaun Prince. I'm not gonna lie I wish the media and the GM's would put more stock in the Finals MVP award but they don't. If they did we'd have T-Mac, or Melo, or anyone else we have been trying to land.

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Nevermind

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
he's not in the same league as kobe lol.

He showed his was in the finals.

bostncelts34
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM

now whos smoking? not top 20? lol.

I love all the lakers fan's talking crap because they are still crying form losing the finals.

Pierce has every right to think that he is "the best". Obviously he is not. Kobe is a better player all around. But as an athlete, or competitor in any form. You always have to have the confidence that your the best. Thats the attitude that got him this far, why would he stop?. A little arrogant? sure. But every star athlete has SOME arrogance.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I disagree with the Finals MVP statement. Many players can have a good 4-7 games in a series, few can be consisitant in an 82 game schedule. I am from Detroit and I wouldn't say Chauncey winning the Finals MVP in 2004 would catapulte him to a Kobe Bryant, TIm Duncan status. If it held some much weight in the eyes of GM and team owners why haven't we gotton squat for Billups when we are looking to make trades? Houston wouldn't give up T-Mac (No league MVPS and not one trip past the 1st RD in the playoffs) for Billups and Tayshaun Prince. I'm not gonna lie I wish the media and the GM's would put more stock in the Finals MVP award but they don't. If they did we'd have T-Mac, or Melo, or anyone else we have been trying to land.

also a good point about being consistent for the whole season, but im just not a big fan of given awards. i like the Finals MVP bc its earned. i know that 4-7 games doesnt sound impressive, but those are the 4-7 games with the highest pressure. pressure can make u or break u as a player. this yr it clearly broke the lakers (besides Kobe).

btw a few years ago, i would put Billupts right up with the best. he's declining now, but back then he was a team leader and clutch scorer. also a part of the toughest defense in the NBA.

NYMetros
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
To be honest, I don't even think Pierce is the best on his team (Garnett is the best). Some players I would rank ahead of The Truth are: Kobe, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Garnett,Lebron,Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade,Amare Stoudamire, and Dirk Nowitzki. Pierce is definitely a hall of fame type of player though.

BRADY4MVP
07-30-2008, 10:00 AM
also...look who was guarding him in the finals..when he wasn't shooting a wide open three he was being guarded by radmanovic or walton 1 on 1...were as in kobe was being triple team...and all the celtics just focused on him through out the whole series

then why didnt mr all NBA defense Kobe opt to guard him?? Pierce took it upon himself to stop Kobe, but Kobe didnt do the same. If Kobe actually manned up and played some defense maybe it would have been a series :shrug:

daleja424
07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Ok Pierce isnt the best... but we arent talking about when Ricky Davis said he was the best...we are talking about a top 15 player who has a lot of confidence in himself. I dont have a problem with it. Maybe next year Kobe will actually do something to prove he deserves the worlds best title...and beat the celtics...

midwestmadman
07-30-2008, 10:07 AM
also a good point about being consistent for the whole season, but im just not a big fan of given awards. i like the Finals MVP bc its earned. i know that 4-7 games doesnt sound impressive, but those are the 4-7 games with the highest pressure. pressure can make u or break u as a player. this yr it clearly broke the lakers (besides Kobe).

btw a few years ago, i would put Billupts right up with the best. he's declining now, but back then he was a team leader and clutch scorer. also a part of the toughest defense in the NBA.

I am sorry if I sound like I am discrediting you I am not, I actually agree and see your point. I do wish GMs and other put a higher stock in the Finals MVP but unfortunately they don't seem too. I agree Billups is on the down side of his career but I would think a tested still top 10 PG would yeild us a solid player in the off season (let alone adding another tested and solid defender like Prince). The Finals MVP no question is earned, the finals are a national televised event and everyone can see who stands out the most.

jmaest
07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
He's smoking a Red Auerbach cigar with a 2008 championship ring..Something Kobe's not doing...

Just a great answer...

balla4life22
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
guys releax, i guarantee its just a joke. Kendrick Perkins did this sort of thing a couple months ago. You obviously dont know Paul Pierce. Havent you guys seen him on talk shows lately? He's hilarious and has a great sense of humor. A lot of you idiot like to overreact and jump to conclusions, grow up.

SHONIE
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
every competitor should think he's the best.

SHONIE
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
...but wasn't brad miller there those same days?

greek miami hea
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
1kobe
2lebron
3wade

lakersincebirth
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
First he pretends he got injured, second he pretends he's the best... whataguy...:crazy:

bostncelts34
07-30-2008, 11:14 AM
First he pretends he got injured, second he pretends he's the best... whataguy...:crazy:

first they lose the finals...second guys like you whine and complain about losing them.

i like my poins better. :)

balla4life22
07-30-2008, 11:20 AM
first they lose the finals...second guys like you whine and complain about losing them.

i like my poins better. :)

haha! i like your point better too

{}
07-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Pierce was on sodium pentothal, aka truth serum. :D He's suppose to only acknowledge those sort of statements in private like the rest of the league.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM

exactly. He played like the best in the finals series and got the results that the best get.:clap:

tonyd3b54
07-30-2008, 11:30 AM
i think pierce is definetly top 10 in this league...the guy can do it all....drop 30 on any given night plays lockdown D and is a really good rebounder and playmaker.....u people need to let go of ur love affair with kobe as the best player i garuntee u if he didnt play in LA he wouldnt be considered the best player its all that big market hype...after sayin that i still think hes top5....

for all of u that make fun of pierce for his leg injury in the finals shut the hell up...it wasnt acting tho the medics did take it overboard by making him sit in a wheelchair...id also like to bring up that setember 5th, 2000 paul pierce was stabbed 11times in the face back and neck outside a club and didnt miss a game that year in fact he went on to avg 25ppg 6rpg and 3 apg that season...

saint7888
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
He's not even the BEST player on his team, KG is. And as far as being better then Kobe.... Kobe's got 3 rings a league MVP

Paul Pierce can do without Garnett.... he had 10 years to do so....lol

Kobe
LeBron
Wade
CP3
Darrin Williams
Duncan
Dirk
Barron Davis
KG
Agent 0

There's 10 ppl right there that are better..... and there's also a lot more then that.

Typical of a boston athliete..... they win a title and suddenly there the best

mjrballer13
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
No argument here on the bias sportwriters but the award signifies the best player in the league that year, you can't argue what the award means. I wouldn't have voted for Kobe if I had a vote, but I wouldn't have voted for Pierce either.

ok, but when the other players in the league also say Kobe is the most deserving of the award what can you say. Even Dirk, MVP of the year before, said Kobe was the most deserving.

G-Funk
07-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Please!! your not better than Wade, Tmac, CP3, King James, kG , Duncan or Kobe your not even in the top five! The truth is, stop lying to your self homie.....

balla4life22
07-30-2008, 11:55 AM
shuttup already people. No one even knows if he was just joking, which he probably was. He's a funny guy and he makes jokes all the time, even about his knee, which shows he has a good sense of humor.

balla4life22
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
You guys are taking this waaaaay too seriously

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
kobe is clearly better

G-Funk
07-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Kobe is not NBA's best player. Lebron and D-Wade are more complete than Kobe.

haha! how is that if Wade and Lebron can't shoot from the perimeter, can't defend and lebron can't even hit free throws how does that make them more complete??? lol moron.

simpsona
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Paul Pierce is an excellent player, but for him to say that he is the best player in the world, he had to of just smoked something serious.

Dirty Dirk41
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM
you ask almost any athlete and theyll say themselves. Hell we got Deshawn Stevenson callin Lebron overated. Dont act like Pierce saying hes the Best is so shocking. Forget he won finals MVP, other celtic coulda won that. He shut done Kobe. SHUT EM DOWN. not stop, contain, no shut em down. An smoked L.A in the finals. He can say what wants.

Skins4Life
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
reminds me of gilbert

mariotubes
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
sounds like somethin gilbert would say

getyopopcornrdy
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM

quoting shaq

yeah you kno how i be last week kobe didnt do it widd out me

legit no championships without shaq

and during the offseason didnt all the la fans hate kobe

damn

hey kobe tell me how my ***** taste

Jahari Kavi
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
of course he isn't the best player in the world, but if you're a celtics fan you WANT your best player saying something like that......confidence = winning.

getyopopcornrdy
07-30-2008, 12:45 PM
you ask almost any athlete and theyll say themselves. Hell we got Deshawn Stevenson callin Lebron overated. Dont act like Pierce saying hes the Best is so shocking. Forget he won finals MVP, other celtic coulda won that. He shut done Kobe. SHUT EM DOWN. not stop, contain, no shut em down. An smoked L.A in the finals. He can say what wants.

word what kobe do game 6

what the celts win buy like 30 suttin damn

kobes so special he wudda one a ring widd out shaq alrdy

stop complaining

bball44016
07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Who was the most unstoppable player during the finals? Paul Pierce,,Who has isolation in the 4th quarter on basically every play? Paul Pierce..Who did the Lakers and Kobe know was going to get the ball yet still couldnt stop him? Paul Pierce..Until Kobe proves us otherwise Kobe may have the best talent in the game but it looks like Pierces maturity and brains are ahead on Kobe

madiaz3
07-30-2008, 12:53 PM
uhh it's just funnier he says he's not arrogant

kobe doesn't even like to respond to accusations of being the best player in the world and Pierce now that he has won now feels like he can because he won a team game with a much better team?

so tony parker had a great finals series against the up and coming greatest player in the world and got a finals mvp and now he can say he's the best? Same with Wade with an even greater finals performance and MVP? I don't think anyone would accept them saying they were the best players in the world. But it seems as if great defense and finals mvp all of a sudden grants you the right to say it according to JordansBulls.

That's not "shortchanging yourself" to not say you're the best in the world it's just obnoxious to do so.

LAKESHOW..
07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
:mad:hahahaha we all know that the best player right now is kobe and for pierce to make those remarks are wrong its ok that he thinks hes the best but to say it to the world now that is ignorant kobe never says hes the best because he has respect for other players in the league

bball44016
07-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Much better team? No..Better team ? Yes.. The point is they couldnt stop Pierce if they put the 5 of them on him..and thats witha bumb knee.. He has no reason to not believe he is the best in the game..who proved him wrong? Not Kobe who he outdueled not Lebron who he outdueled..Just because pierce doesnt shott 30 times a game in the regular season and therefore doesnt out up 30 points a game doesnt mean anything... Pierce is a scorer not a shooter

OaklandsFinest
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
and Paul Pierce >>>>>>>>>Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant ran from an opportunity to be the man everyone said he is and will be. He shies away when its time to carry his team. Yeah he may have a better handle the Paul, and maybe even a better shot. But that doesn't make you a better player. Paul Pierce CARRIED his team when they need carrying. Kobe instead didn't when his team needed carrying.

madiaz3
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM
and Paul Pierce >>>>>>>>>Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant ran from an opportunity to be the man everyone said he is and will be. He shies away when its time to carry his team. Yeah he may have a better handle the Paul, and maybe even a better shot. But that doesn't make you a better player. Paul Pierce CARRIED his team when they need carrying. Kobe instead didn't when his team needed carrying.

Carrying implies that no one else on the team was doing anything productive. DPOY and another All-Star with championship experienced guards doesn't mean Pierce carried them.

run4sun1988
07-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Yea it happens all the time Damon Jones claimed he was the greatest shooter in the world..

now, I was just having a slip of my lemonade when I read this line and I almost spitted all of it onto my screen. LOOOOOOOOOLLLL

lalakobe24
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
paul pierce = 40 year old kobe

JMKnick33
07-30-2008, 01:22 PM
joke of the day! hilarious!! :clap:

vigilantex69
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true. BOO YA! Hello Paul, I have three rings? You have one? And you only got them because your GM traded away your future for one shot? And like they said, your not even the best on your team man!

bball44016
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Come on.. Kobe plays the game for Kobe..otherwise he would have had 5 championchips with shaq and not 3.. He hasnt matured at all he realized to save his legacy he has to win which is why after getting rid of help Kobe wanted to get some.. No body was going to beat the celtics..The big 3 had there mind set on that title and went out and got it.. Does Kobe put up better numbers? Yes.. If Kobe was on the celtics though I think halfway through the year he would have demanded a trade for not touching the ball enough.. would have shot his team out of a game or would have thrown a hissy fit about how its his team and not KG's

dre1990
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
he;s not even the 2nd best on his team

lakersrock
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM

That's funny, because I don't remember him making the PLAYOFFS without KG/Ray. Last time I checked, Kobe drug two teams without Fisher/Gasol/Bynum to the playoffs and almost knocked the Suns out in one of em.

bball44016
07-30-2008, 01:36 PM
are you honestly making a case that ray allen is better than paul pierce? Please tell me no...Ray Allen is a very good ballplayer but if he isnt shooting good then what does he do better than Pierce?

SportsFan1988
07-30-2008, 01:39 PM
are you honestly making a case that ray allen is better than paul pierce? Please tell me no...Ray Allen is a very good ballplayer but if he isnt shooting good then what does he do better than Pierce?

A year ago you would be able to make an argument for Allen but after this year I think it is some what clear that Pierce is the more valuable player to his team.

laexpress
07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I think that we are putting too much stock in what Paul Pierce is saying...although, I remember when Stephon Marbury said he was the league's best Point Guard, the world almost stopped turning, LOL. While I think that Pierce deserved that MVP, it's kind of hard not to acknowledge that while KG didnt shoot well, he kept up his defensive and rebounding numbers...or that for those of you claiming that Kobe got shut down by Paul Pierce, aren't giving ray allen and James Posey their just due respect or for that matter, the rest of the celtics bench that was camped in the paint keeping kobe from driving. Or that Ray allen shot lights out for the entire six games of the series. The truth did what his team needed him to do. He won, but let's not get it twisted like he was head and shoulders above any other player on his team.

kswissdaf
07-30-2008, 01:44 PM
overrated

bball44016
07-30-2008, 01:44 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true. BOO YA! Hello Paul, I have three rings? You have one? And you only got them because your GM traded away your future for one shot? And like they said, your not even the best on your team man!

First of all.. that really wasnt even funny.. even if i was a Lakers fan.. 2nd of all whats really funny.. is that when Kobe won his 3 rings he wasnt the best on his team either.. and when kobe became the best on his team.. ((He hasn't won one yet)) actually he's only been out of the first round 1nce...BOO YA!!

YankeeFan89
07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Pierce ain't better than Kobe...But Pierce carried them in the playoffs this year but it was KG that made the difference...They beat the Lakers because Allen finally broke out of his slump too.

ProPoster
07-30-2008, 02:03 PM
That's funny, because I don't remember him making the PLAYOFFS without KG/Ray. Last time I checked, Kobe drug two teams without Fisher/Gasol/Bynum to the playoffs and almost knocked the Suns out in one of em.

WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! The celtics in the past 6-7 years only missed the playoffs twice. And yes, pierce was on those teams.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM

hmmm?:confused: I remember him actually winning several series in the playoffs without kg or ray allen, and multiple times in multiple years. Not sure where you got your facts from, but I'd double check before making a statement like that.:o

thesparky33
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyone think that Pierce ever tries to be sarcastic?

I dont think this has any credibility, especially since it's from a foreign reporter, and since translations have been used. Who knows exactly what Pierce meant or really said, especially in context of the interview and his wording and so on.

balla4life22
07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Anyone think that Pierce ever tries to be sarcastic?

I dont think this has any credibility, especially since it's from a foreign reporter, and since translations have been used. Who knows exactly what Pierce meant or really said, especially in context of the interview and his wording and so on.

Thank You! Everyone is taking this so seriously and i bet he was just joking. Calm down all you pierce haters!

kb24ap28
07-30-2008, 06:36 PM
arrogance

cmellofan15
07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
The guys believes in himself he doesn't have to be on something to say that. He now has the upper hand on guys, he can brag about his ring now.

balla4life22
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
The guys believes in himself he doesn't have to be on something to say that. He now has the upper hand on guys, he can brag about his ring now.

yeah exactly and its not like he meant it he was prolly just sayin it as a joke

rriders9
07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I dont mind him saying this but even he knows its not true

Fury
07-30-2008, 07:20 PM
what an ******* hes not even in the same breath as Kobe..kobe is a legend and pierce needs to get off his high horse and realize that he still got 2 less rings than Kobe

kvrnm
07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
everytime you step on the court and your a good player, if you dont have the mindset that your the best player on the floor thats noit good. in pierces mind he is the best. in my mind when im playin against kids in my state i think im the best, im prolly not but i believe i am weh im on the cour. shaq didnt call pierce the muther ****in truth for nuthin.

KB24PG16
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
paul pierce isnt half as good as kobe what did he do when he didnt have ray allen and kg what did he do and kobe still led the lakers to playoffs two years in a row with the second best player being odom pierce got confrence finals once in lousy east before detroit got good then last year he led the celtics to the worst record in the leaugue. after shaq got traded the lakers still managed to win 34 games and with a worse team with odom being injured........ get ur facts straight paul :mad:

cmellofan15
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
this is what the article was talking about the kobe fan club has arrived

kvrnm
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
paul pierce isnt half as good as kobe what did he do when he didnt have ray allen and kg what did he do and kobe still led the lakers to playoffs two years in a row with the second best player being odom pierce got confrence finals once in lousy east before detroit got good then last year he led the celtics to the worst record in the leaugue. after shaq got traded the lakers still managed to win 34 games and with a worse team with odom being injured........ get ur facts straight paul :mad:

last year pierce was injured for alot of the season, so ya you get your facts strait

bostncelts34
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM

then obv. your on drugs cause hes been to the playoffs several times before KG/ray. Including the ECF's with Antoine walker as his ONLY help.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 12:59 AM
He's not in the same league as Kobe, lol

He showed his was in the finals.

Got you there.

I'm not saying Kobe is better than Paul and I'm not saying Paul is better than Kobe, but I will say that Paul n Company beat the Lakers. He beat the team that was favored to win because they have the "Best player in the world". Well, if he was indeed the best player in the world and he's the king of "clutch", he surely fooled me.

Like I say, great players will be great players, but the best players always find a way to win.

That's how you distinguish the greats from the greatest... Look at MJ

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Kobe made it to the Finals with Derek Fisher and a Robert Horry in their prime and not to mention only THE MOST DOMINANT player of his time Shaq and as soon as Paul Pierce gets help everyone wants to say he didn't contribute. Come on Lakers fans try again.

Lakersfan2483
07-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Paul Pierce can talk all he wants, he won the title this year, but everyone knows he's not the best player. He's not better than Kobe, Lebron, CP3, Duncan, KG, Amare, Howard, etc..

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 01:12 AM
Paul Pierce can talk all he wants, he won the title this year, but everyone knows he's not the best player. He's not better than Kobe, Lebron, CP3, Duncan, KG, Amare, Howard, etc..

Examples why???

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM

You know what all of these guys have in common?

They lost, except KG.

How do the "best" lose?

This is just like the Superbowl. Patriots are still saying it was luck... Both teams can't get over the fact that they ****ing LOST. CHOKED.

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 01:26 AM
All of them have good support roles (except Lebron and CP3 who make their team WAY Better)

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 01:30 AM
LeBron makes the Cavs.... well... THE CAVS...

I've seen the Lakers score without Kobe on the floor... They don't need to rely on him like a baby to a mother's breasts... After all, they have Phil Jackson!

CP3 boosted EVERYONE's game... But he actually has a talented squad who needs him... LeBron doesn't have a New Orleans Hornets or Los Angeles Lakers composed team... It's much harder for Bron but he's still doing his thing

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 01:32 AM
LeBron has the LeBronettes at his side its like they took the things he couldn't do and put them into the worst possible candidates. Did u find the pic???

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 01:35 AM
LeBron has the LeBronettes at his side its like they took the things he couldn't do and put them into the worst possible candidates. Did u find the pic???

I saw it like 3-4 years ago, I doubt I can retrieve it again.

Should have freakin saved it :(

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 01:40 AM
Im gonna make one on photoshop right now lol.

THE_FLASH_21
07-31-2008, 01:54 AM
Either of those guys are that great!!! Paul didn't win until he got KG and RAY
and Kobe hasn't proven to be a winner w/o Shaq... All those points they score ain't crap.. u have to carry ur team.. Kobe did until the finals...

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 01:57 AM
Either of those guys are that great!!! Paul didn't win until he got KG and RAY
and Kobe hasn't proven to be a winner w/o Shaq... All those points they score ain't crap.. u have to carry ur team.. Kobe did until the finals...

Kobe didn't carry nothing into the finals... He even admitted himself... It was a team effort that got them to the finals... Don't bring up no "carry team on my back" bull ****... Pau Gasol, LO, D-Fish, Farmar, and D-Fish aren't scrubs

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Look At MY SIG

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 02:02 AM
Look At MY SIG

Lol Kobe on the American Flag?

Why not?

Why not name the USA "PROPERTY OF KOBE BRYANT"

boston08champs
07-31-2008, 02:05 AM
kk point is kobes still the man

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 02:06 AM
Lol Kobe on the American Flag?

Why not?

Why not name the USA "PROPERTY OF KOBE BRYANT"

or the land of bandwagon and the home of d*** riders

Lakers<>Packers
07-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Im tired of hearing how great of a defender Paul Pierce, hes slighty above average at best stop overrating him. To say Paul Pierce is better than kobe is just funny there not even in the same league. Kobe will go down in history as one of the best guards to ever play the game.

Lakers<>Packers
07-31-2008, 02:10 AM
LeBron makes the Cavs.... well... THE CAVS...

I've seen the Lakers score without Kobe on the floor... They don't need to rely on him like a baby to a mother's breasts... After all, they have Phil Jackson!

CP3 boosted EVERYONE's game... But he actually has a talented squad who needs him... LeBron doesn't have a New Orleans Hornets or Los Angeles Lakers composed team... It's much harder for Bron but he's still doing his thing

Oh b quiet, If kobe was on the cavs hed be scoring 35 a game and wouldve took his team to the playoffs. Lebron plays in the weak east, if the cavs wouldve been in the west they would have never been in the playoffs in the first place. Kobe is better than Lebron period, Lebron still needs a couple years to be on top of kobe.

Metsmerizing
07-31-2008, 02:11 AM
This is just a case of an athlete that is conceited and arrogant with not one bit of humility. I'm not surprised by this, especially in the NBA.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 02:14 AM
So LeBron didnt average 30 pts, more assists (on a weaker team I might add), more rebounds (on a weaker team I might add), and didn't get his team into the playoffs?

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 02:17 AM
So LeBron didnt average 30 pts, more assists (on a weaker team I might add), more rebounds (on a weaker team I might add), and didn't get his team into the playoffs?

Yea but since Kobe scored 81 he's just the best EVER let's see LeBron do that and NOT make the Playoffs. :rolleyes:

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Yea but since Kobe scored 81 he's just the best EVER let's see LeBron do that and NOT make the Playoffs. :rolleyes:

MJ has never scored 81... Does that automatically put Kobe ahead of him?

Well I didn't see Kobe get anywhere near 81 facing the Celts...

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 02:27 AM
MJ has never scored 81... Does that automatically put Kobe ahead of him?

Well I didn't see Kobe get anywhere near 81 facing the Celts...

DUDE he did it on the best team EVER the 06' Raptors!!! LOL

gcoll
07-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Don't mess with Paul Pierce.

He's reprezentin the crips yo.

He will literally shoot you in the face if you cross him. So....don't. Unless you want to be shot in the face.

And to answer the question "What is Paul Pierce smoking..." he's smoking pot. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Paul Pierce loves weed.

Lakers<>Packers
07-31-2008, 02:49 AM

Kobe wouldve done the same thing if he was playing in the cheap east.

gcoll
07-31-2008, 02:50 AM
No he wouldn't have.

Check mate!!!

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Name 20 guys that are better than Paul Pierce... I DARE you... :eyebrow:

Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand
Dwyane Wade
Ron Artest
Carmelo Anthony
Vince Carter
Chauncey Billups
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Shawn Marion
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Baron Davis
Dwight Howard

There are 20 players that I named off the top of my head that I think are better than Paul Pierce and all of them have a legitimate argument to be better than Paul Pierce. That was an easy dare. Thanks! :clap:

gcoll
07-31-2008, 02:55 AM
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand
Dwyane Wade
Ron Artest
Carmelo Anthony
Vince Carter
Chauncey Billups
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Shawn Marion
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Baron Davis
Dwight Howard

There are 20 players that I named off the top of my head that I think are better than Paul Pierce and all of them have a legitimate argument to be better than Paul Pierce. That was an easy dare. Thanks! :clap:

You forgot to add Renaldo Balkman.

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 02:57 AM
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand
Dwyane Wade
Ron Artest
Carmelo Anthony
Vince Carter
Chauncey Billups
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Shawn Marion
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Baron Davis
Dwight Howard

There are 20 players that I named off the top of my head that I think are better than Paul Pierce and all of them have a legitimate argument to be better than Paul Pierce. That was an easy dare. Thanks!

C'mon dude you just named the All-Stars since 2000 that are still playing (except O'Neals) dude the bold are terribly wrong some of the others are probably wrong too but those were obvious.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 02:58 AM

Okay Smart ***

Who knocked the Cavs out?

The Celtics...

Who knocked the Lakers out?

The Celtics...

Kobe couldn't even do it with Gasol and the rest... He also shot 7-22 and like 3-9 from 3PT range... So he couldn't have possibly took the game over by himself... Not just that game, but the rest of the finals when they lost...

Kobe would have fell flat on his *** just like LeBron did...

East isn't so weak after all, huh there Kobephile?

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Okay Smart ***

Who knocked the Cavs out?

The Celtics...

Who knocked the Lakers out?

The Celtics...

Kobe couldn't even do it with Gasol and the rest... He also shot 7-22 and like 3-9 from 3PT range... So he couldn't have possibly took the game over by himself... Not just that game, but the rest of the finals when they lost...

Kobe would have fell flat on his *** just like LeBron did...

East isn't so weak after all, huh there Kobephile?

Didn't the 8 seed take Boston to 7 games and the the Wests 8 seed (sorry Nugs) got swept. Yea the Lakers got beat either way it goes. They might've got beat by any team in the East

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
C'mon dude you just named the All-Stars since 2000 that are still playing (except O'Neals) dude the bold are terribly wrong some of the others are probably wrong too but those were obvious.

Ron Artest- 21 PPG, 6 RPG as well as a great defender (DPOY)

Vince Carter- 21 PPG, 5 RPG, 5 APG

Shawn Marion- 15 PPG, 10 RPG, 51 FG% as well as a great defender

Paul Pierce- 19 PPG, 4.5 APG, 5 RPG

A case could very easily be made for any of the other three players to be better than Pierce. Anyways, still doesn't change the fact that he is not better than Kobe or many other NBA players!

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 03:06 AM
Ron Artest- 21 PPG, 6 RPG as well as a great defender (DPOY)

Vince Carter- 21 PPG, 5 RPG, 5 APG

Shawn Marion- 15 PPG, 10 RPG, 51 FG% as well as a great defender

Paul Pierce- 19 PPG, 4.5 APG, 5 RPG

THAT was ONE season. And PP had two other guys to split the glory with

Season b4 that 25 PPG 4 APG 5 RPG

Season b4 that! 26 PPG 6 RPG 4 APG

Do u wanna go back further than that sir?

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Kobe made it to the Finals with Derek Fisher and a Robert Horry in their prime and not to mention only THE MOST DOMINANT player of his time Shaq and as soon as Paul Pierce gets help everyone wants to say he didn't contribute. Come on Lakers fans try again.

Robert Horry in his prime? His prime was 8 PPG. Derek Fisher in his prime? His prime was not much better. Those two were role players. It was Kobe and Shaq and role players. Pierce had KG and Allen, but I think everyones point is, is that Kobe has PROVED it without Shaq or any other 20 point scorer beside him (Finals as well as 2 playoffs in a row) where as Pierce has not proved it (he made it to ECF, but had Walker beside him averaging 23/9). Pierce had a decent team around him two years ago and they could only win 20 games and he essentially quit on that team. Kobe had a WORSE team and worked his butt off to get them to 45 wins and 7 games against the Suns.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 03:10 AM
Didn't the 8 seed take Boston to 7 games and the the Wests 8 seed (sorry Nugs) got swept. Yea the Lakers got beat either way it goes. They might've got beat by any team in the East

Oh my goodness, I forgot that the Cavs went to 7 games!

Can't say the same for the Lakers, huh there Kobephile(s)?

It's like the East gave the Celtics more comp than the Lakers!

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 03:13 AM
THAT was ONE season. And PP had two other guys to split the glory with

Season b4 that 25 PPG 4 APG 5 RPG

Season b4 that! 26 PPG 6 RPG 4 APG

Do u wanna go back further than that sir?

YES!!! Lets go back a few seasons with Vince also...

Vince Carter- 28 PPG, 6 RPG, 5 APG.

Lets go a few season back with Marion!!!

Shawn Marion- 22 PPG, 12 RPG

Lets go a few seasons back with Ronny!!!

Ron Artest- 25 PPG, 6 RPG, 3 APG, DPOY

LOL. You just fell flat on your face right there with that argument. All these guys have had better seasons, but I was just pointing out the latest. I just feel these three are better...

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 03:15 AM
Oh my goodness, I forgot that the Cavs went to 7 games!

Can't say the same for the Lakers, huh there Kobephile(s)?

It's like the East gave the Celtics more comp than the Lakers!

The Celtics didn't find their groove until the ECF. They were playing timid in the first two rounds, but they finally got their act together for Detroit because they realized they could not pull that weak stuff against Detroit or the Lakers. If they played like they did against the Cavs and Hawks then they would've been swept by either team. Too bad for Laker fans that they finally woke up... BTW you sound so excited, it's like you hate the Lakers...

cmellofan15
07-31-2008, 03:18 AM
Robert Horry in his prime? His prime was 8 PPG. Derek Fisher in his prime? His prime was not much better. Those two were role players. It was Kobe and Shaq and role players. Pierce had KG and Allen, but I think everyones point is, is that Kobe has PROVED it without Shaq or any other 20 point scorer beside him (Finals as well as 2 playoffs in a row) where as Pierce has not proved it (he made it to ECF, but had Walker beside him averaging 23/9). Pierce had a decent team around him two years ago and they could only win 20 games and he essentially quit on that team. Kobe had a WORSE team and worked his butt off to get them to 45 wins and 7 games against the Suns.

Im sorry I guess Kobe didn't have Gasol putting up 18 and 8 or Lamar Odom putting up 14 and 10 and he DEFINITELY didn't have Derek Fisher putting up 11 PPG. Kobe is SOOOOOOOO alone in LA! You just fell flat on your face in this arguement.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 03:26 AM
The Celtics didn't find their groove until the ECF. They were playing timid in the first two rounds, but they finally got their act together for Detroit because they realized they could not pull that weak stuff against Detroit or the Lakers. If they played like they did against the Cavs and Hawks then they would've been swept by either team. Too bad for Laker fans that they finally woke up... BTW you sound so excited, it's like you hate the Lakers...

Yeah I do. It's because people only like that team because of one ****ing player. Most people on this forum aren't old enough to date back to the Magic and Kareem era (I can't either)... There are no REAL Laker fans on these boards, nothing but little boys rooting for their favorite player.

LeBron doesn't get the Kobe treatment, although he should. He puts up better numbers and he's a hometown hero... Oh, and get this... HE'S ONLY 23!

Oh, so now it's a "groove" thing? You think after 10 ****ING GAMES you can't find your groove? Shut up.

More excuses for Kobe and Company's loss.

Same bull **** excuses as the Patriots. No one wants to hear it, you guys lost when you had a team, get over it.

Just man up, suck in your pride, and come harder next year. Excuses don't win awards.

*Superman*
07-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Its just talk, let him say what he wants, when the Lakers Vs the Celtics again, let it be settled then. And im not favoring either side.

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 04:11 AM
Im sorry I guess Kobe didn't have Gasol putting up 18 and 8 or Lamar Odom putting up 14 and 10 and he DEFINITELY didn't have Derek Fisher putting up 11 PPG. Kobe is SOOOOOOOO alone in LA! You just fell flat on your face in this arguement.

I never said Kobe was alone. I was just explaining other people's reasoning...

Anyways, Kobe did pretty well in the playoffs up until the Finals. He was averaging 33/6/6 on 50% shooting while breaking the record for most consecutive 30/5/5 games, which was previously held by Jordan. The Lakers had a good team, but fell short in the Finals because of 1 reason IMO:

On offense the main problem was outside shooting to create more floor spacing for Pau and Lamar to operate inside and for Kobe to have bigger driving lanes. The outside shooting was simply off this Finals and that may have been because of experience. Vujacic, Walton, Vlade, Farmar, and even Fisher were all hitting threes in the earlier rounds, which allowed Kobe and Pau to be able to have higher percentage shots in the paint. But in the Finals, those guys just stopped hitting threes, which caused a chain reaction of the lanes getting clogged so Kobe and Pau could not get high percentage shots. If they were hitting their threes then Boston would have to respect their shot and not collapse as often. That is something that is fixed with more experience of being on the Finals stage

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Yeah I do. It's because people only like that team because of one ****ing player. Most people on this forum aren't old enough to date back to the Magic and Kareem era (I can't either)... There are no REAL Laker fans on these boards, nothing but little boys rooting for their favorite player.

LeBron doesn't get the Kobe treatment, although he should. He puts up better numbers and he's a hometown hero... Oh, and get this... HE'S ONLY 23!

Oh, so now it's a "groove" thing? You think after 10 ****ING GAMES you can't find your groove? Shut up.

More excuses for Kobe and Company's loss.

Same bull **** excuses as the Patriots. No one wants to hear it, you guys lost when you had a team, get over it.

Just man up, suck in your pride, and come harder next year. Excuses don't win awards.

He does by the media and NBA front office at least...

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 04:39 AM
He does by the media and NBA front office at least...

My apologies for getting so worked up.

This was posted before I found out that you was a life-long Laker fan before Kobe's arrival.

Yeah he is a media favorite just like Kobe.

NBA Front Office? Explain.

JordansBulls
07-31-2008, 07:37 AM

Not true by any means. Laker fans were saying the only reason Boston beat Detroit was because Detroit was because Billups was injured and they kept saying they were going to kill Boston.
It's funny that when Boston wins it all then all of sudden people change their minds about how the series before went.

Crunchy12489
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Not true by any means. Laker fans were saying the only reason Boston beat Detroit was because Detroit was because Billups was injured and they kept saying they were going to kill Boston.
It's funny that when Boston wins it all then all of sudden people change their minds about how the series before went.

Boston plays better with their backs against the wall IMO

They thrive off of pressure... And there is nothing wrong with that... That's actually a good thing