PDA

View Full Version : Murphy mum as he boards plane for Hattiesburg

socalpkrbkr
07-30-2008, 01:00 AM
By Greg A. Bedard
Tuesday, Jul 29 2008, 10:30 PM
Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers are attempting to bridge the divide between themselves and estranged quarterback Brett Favre.

Literally.

Team president Mark Murphy boarded a private jet bound for Hattiesburg, Miss. on Tuesday night.

"Hey, wonder what I'm going to do there?" Murphy said with nervous laughter when approached by the Journal Sentinel.

Murphy would not say why he was headed to the area near Favre's home, where he has been readying for his comeback to the National Football League. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, is also based in Hattiesburg.

"I can't talk here," Murphy said.

Murphy will attempt to broker some sort of peace agreement between the quarterback and the franchise as the situation between them threatens to erupt. Earlier in the day, Favre filed for reinstatement to the National Football League.

The situation has been a definite distraction around the Packers during the first two days of training camp -- and he's been 1,000 miles away. If Favre decides to actually report in the next few days, a huge circus would ensue. With the Family Night Scrimmage set for Sunday, the Packers could have a situation where Favre is standing on the sideline -- or playing as the backup -- in front of capacity crowd in Lambeau Field, the place Favre made his Hall of Fame career.

Murphy's trip could be an attempt to keep that very scenario from happening.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/07/29/murphy-boards-plane-for-hattiesburg.aspx

It damn well better be what Murphy's attempting to do. The ultimate disgrace to Brett would be that very scenario. Brett on the tundra as a back up:puke:

Brendan
07-30-2008, 01:04 AM
I put this in my thread.... He is asking Brett Favre not to show up to training camp

newdude
07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Well he can go screw himself. If they don't want Favre then don't keep this going and stop asking for such a high trade compensation...sheesh.

Brendan
07-30-2008, 01:17 AM
All this is in my thread :D Check er' out

newdude
07-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Already did :D

socalpkrbkr
07-30-2008, 01:22 AM
He is asking Brett Favre not to show up to training camp

Ted Thompson you are a liar!!!!!!!!!! I thought you told us Packers fans that our QB would be welcomed back to the team? Those were your words just last week and you have McCarthy out there telling us the same damn thing. Don't make Coach look like the jagoff that you are. You are now in a no win situation bud. Thanks for dragging *** and thinking this Brett Favre guy would just go away. Yeah some plan you had set up.

newdude
07-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Ted Thompson you are a liar!!!!!!!!!! I thought you told us Packers fans that our QB would be welcomed back to the team? Those were your words just last week and you have McCarthy out there telling us the same damn thing. Don't make Coach look like the jagoff that you are. You are now in a no win situation bud. Thanks for dragging *** and thinking this Brett Favre guy would just go away. Yeah some plan you had set up.

Who's the flip-flopper now?LOL. TT is digging a bigger whole for himself and it seems like he wants to dig further.

servais77
07-30-2008, 08:49 AM
I got an idea....Let them compete for the spot or release him. Pretty simple. End this.

It is not Favre's fault at this point that he wants to continue playing.

tking08
07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
With Rodgers being so fragile, Brett has a great shot at starting anyways...

SDteacher
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
This morning Peter King said, that no team will talk seriously with the Packers about a trade because Brett won't say that he will or will not play for any of the teams interested. King said that neither the Bucs or Jets want to really talk about it because they don't want their qb's to get too distraught about a trade that they are going to make if Brett doesen't want to play for them. So if and when Brett says which teams he wants to play for, that's when they can start working on a trade. His theroy, just as good as everyone elses, is that Favre will be traded in late August-September when someone is in need. And until then he feels Brett could be staying home. We'll see...I hope he is wrong. He also said that there is a good chance that when or if he does show up to camp emotions will settle and the two sides can compromise. Either way, I think this is going to go on for a while still. It Sucks.

Soop
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow!

darwin31
07-30-2008, 05:54 PM
This morning Peter King said, that no team will talk seriously with the Packers about a trade because Brett won't say that he will or will not play for any of the teams interested. King said that neither the Bucs or Jets want to really talk about it because they don't want their qb's to get too distraught about a trade that they are going to make if Brett doesen't want to play for them. So if and when Brett says which teams he wants to play for, that's when they can start working on a trade. His theroy, just as good as everyone elses, is that Favre will be traded in late August-September when someone is in need. And until then he feels Brett could be staying home. We'll see...I hope he is wrong. He also said that there is a good chance that when or if he does show up to camp emotions will settle and the two sides can compromise. Either way, I think this is going to go on for a while still. It Sucks.

PK has a pretty good point on the other teams perspective. Didnt think of it that way. I dont agree that he will be staying home until some team speaks up. If the Packers dont practice on Thursday, he should be on the field on Friday. I dont think GB can let that happen, they may have to release him after all.

XJW18
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
wow