PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre now officially in the Drivers Seat?

Brendan
07-30-2008, 12:57 AM
What i just saw on ESPN is that the Packers team president is traveling to Mississippi to ask Brett Favre not to show up to training camp yet for interviews. Brett Favre could very easily say at that point, release me and you wont have to worry about it. Now that Favre has officially sent in his reinstatement letters is he in the drivers seat?

He is clearly calling the teams bluff, which is a bluff. They have said they would trade him. They have asked him to wait to send in the reinstatement letters, and now they are asking him to wait to come to training camp. Its clearly a bluff and they clearly dont want him in training camp because it would be a distraction to the team. Brett doesnt want to be a distraction but he wants to play.

The way i see it, Brett is CLEARLY in the drivers seat now that they are asking him not to show up to training camp. And after me saying all along that he isnt going to play this year, now im looking at a totally different way. Im going to go out on a limb, and say that although the Packers have said that they wont release him, after seeing that the team president is flying to Mississippi to ask Favre not to show up to training camp, they seem desperate, i say they release Favre he within the next few days, and who knows where it goes from there. It could be Minny, it could be a team we dont know about, but this could get very interesting quickly....

newdude
07-30-2008, 01:19 AM
They keep on prolonging it. This whole mess can be stop, and the higher-ups r handling this wrong. They r keeping Favre from practicing with his new or old teamates and making this more "distracting" towards the team than neccessary.

Soop
07-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Trade him.

abraves90
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
just make him the starting quarterback god damn...it wasn't that hard to do it when he said he wanted back it's not that hard now...we are a better team with favre and always will be...rodgers can wait

BrewCityBuck
07-30-2008, 01:20 PM
I just think people are overreacting to every step of this story because it's being so publicized. To be honest, i'm not one of these people obsessing over every little quote that comes out daily, i'm just going to wait until some definitive happens and it's over.

After 5 years of this Brett Favre nonsense, I just can't handle it anymore.