PDA

View Full Version : What is the most disappointing move the Penguins have done this off season?

Sbank
07-29-2008, 11:18 PM
What is the most disappointing move the Penguins have done this off season?

I have to say not resigning Hossa and him signing with the Red Wings.:mad:

Steelinks
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
While the Hossa thing is definitely disappointing. I think that is more of Hossa's doing then that of Shero and the Pens. I think the most disappointing is not giving Ruutu the 3yr deal he wanted instead of just offering the 2 yrs. As well for the money that Conklin took in Detroit I think we should have tried to retain him even though Sabourin is under contract. And really think we could have kept Adam hall too but these are all just role players I would have liked to have kept.

jmiller26
07-30-2008, 04:12 PM
It has to be signing Mark Eaton for 2 mil :bang: :shrug: :badidea:

MG3
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I think it was not keeping our role players intact...if we didn't get hossa I wish we could've managed this better where malone still could've been an option and maybe if keeping ruutu/hall/laraque...I don't have any idea what our third or fourth line will look like

SidTheKid
07-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Same here.

ldarius21
07-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Hossa was leaving town, he took less money for less years because he wants the cup and then he will sign his long term lucrative deal with the highest bidder. Conkin and Ruutu are the two biggest losses IMO and for what they got elsewhere makes no sense to not give them.

I Found Bigfoot
08-01-2008, 10:57 AM
NONE. The Pens don't make bad moves! :)

Shieldsz
08-01-2008, 03:13 PM

You hit it right on the dot

JETty12213
08-03-2008, 08:20 PM
well yes it is by far not re signing hossa but its not exactly their fault, its his. the penguis had to move on