PDA

View Full Version : Did Miami miss out on Artest?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
He is being reported to be traded to Houston tonight. He could have complemented Wade and Beasley well. Are we better off without this crazy, girlfreind beating.,dog starving personality?

daleja424
07-29-2008, 11:02 PM
At first I though we did miss out... but now that I know that Houston gave up essentially 2 first rounders for him and then some... I guess we couldnt have offered that... so we didnt really miss out... woulda been nice to get him though.

DQL
07-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I never wanted Artest. I've always said that Marion is the better fit.

Derick713
07-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Even tough the Heat doesn't need Ron Artest I can't help but wonder what type of deals the Heat could of gotten done if they hadn't traded away there first round pick to the T-Wolves in that Ricky Davis trade. The more I look at the different trades being proposed the more I wonder about how bad the off-season was for the Heat last year. Pat essentially ruined a lot of the future by making some bad decisions last summer. He signed Smush Parker who did nothing for the Heat and is still on the Heats cap because he was bought out. He added Walker in the Davis deal to get Blount whose contract is longer than Walker’s. Then Pat gave up a protected first round pick which limits the ability to make a huge trade since they can't offer a first round pick. Then Pat drafts Daequan Cook over players like Carl Landry, Rudy Frenandez, Morris Almond, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Brooks, Jared Dudley, and Pettri Koponen. The biggest mistake Pat made in my opinion was not using his 2007 Second Round pick on Marc Gasol.

The Heat could have gotten Ron Artest if they had kept there first round pick and decided to buy the Hornets pick and draft Donte Greene.

IF ONLY THE HEAT HAD MADE THE RIGHT CHOICES
Mario Chalmers/Marcus Banks/
Dwayne Wade/Rudy Frenandez/
Ron Artest/James Jones/Dorell Wright
Shawn Marion/Michael Beasley/David Lee
Marc Gasol/Alonzo Mourning/Joel Anthony

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 08:07 AM
i don't think we missed out at all. plus if artest was to start probs in the locker room like he is known for doing i'd be upset if we did sign him.

MiamiHeat
07-30-2008, 08:24 AM
they still wont win a title :D

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
they still wont win a title :D

ain't that the truth... especially since its mcgrady there still.

noturnormalhero
07-30-2008, 08:34 AM
i wouldnt have minded getting him for the right price and 2 first rounders is something we dont have or wouldnt give up. If we would have traded marion to acquire a PG or a C and had room for artest..then maybe. But even then, 2 first rounders is something we dont really have. It shows that the Kings are headed toward rebuilding so maybe Brad Miller becomes an option now for us or other teams. I've read reports about trade talks with the Kings and the Bulls where the Bulls would get Miller for Nocionni, 1st round pick and another player which the Kings want Noah but the Bulls arent that willing to give him up. Back to the Artest subject, i rather stick with Marion. Less issues off the court and for our supposed uptempo style, Marion is a better fit because of his experience in the style of offense.

fairandbalanced
07-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Even tough the Heat doesn't need Ron Artest I can't help but wonder what type of deals the Heat could of gotten done if they hadn't traded away there first round pick to the T-Wolves in that Ricky Davis trade. The more I look at the different trades being proposed the more I wonder about how bad the off-season was for the Heat last year. Pat essentially ruined a lot of the future by making some bad decisions last summer. He signed Smush Parker who did nothing for the Heat and is still on the Heats cap because he was bought out. He added Walker in the Davis deal to get Blount whose contract is longer than Walker’s. Then Pat gave up a protected first round pick which limits the ability to make a huge trade since they can't offer a first round pick. Then Pat drafts Daequan Cook over players like Carl Landry, Rudy Frenandez, Morris Almond, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Brooks, Jared Dudley, and Pettri Koponen. The biggest mistake Pat made in my opinion was not using his 2007 Second Round pick on Marc Gasol.

The Heat could have gotten Ron Artest if they had kept there first round pick and decided to buy the Hornets pick and draft Donte Greene.

IF ONLY THE HEAT HAD MADE THE RIGHT CHOICES
Dwayne Wade/Rudy Frenandez/
Ron Artest/James Jones/Dorell Wright
Shawn Marion/Michael Beasley/David Lee
Marc Gasol/Alonzo Mourning/Joel Anthony

Dude and what does Marc Gasol have to offer? get over your illusions

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Marc was the Euro league MVP. He is bigger than his brother and plays back to the basket ball. he's a great post player. Definitely not soft.

I agree Riley made crappy decisions. I wonder why the Clippers seem intent on repeating them but that's their problem. Still, I don't miss Walkers stupid, whinny grimace whenever he dribbled the ball out of bounds of his foot while dribbling like he hated the actual floor itself.

So we missed out on other players such as Artest. Can you imagine the influence he would have had on Beasley though? Imagine the two of them on south Beach or gambling in Liberty City with drug dealers. He would have gotten him or Haslem shot on the street...or helped win us a championship, whatever.

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I agree Riley made crappy decisions. I wonder why the Clippers seem intent on repeating them but that's their problem. Still, I don't miss Walkers stupid, whinny grimace whenever he dribbled the ball out of bounds of his foot while dribbling like he hated the actual floor itself.

yeah i couldn't stand the way Walker ran down court while dribbling. like he was a freakin sissy or something afraid to break a nail while patting the ball. lol.

danbola
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
The thing about Artest is that he will still be a free agent next offseason when we will have Marion coming off the books. We could get him next year without either taking on Kenny Thomas or giving up extra talent, like we would have had to do this year. Unless of course Houston offers him a good contract during the year. Either way I dont mind losing out on him, but Houston will be scary this year.

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
U Miami fans are Haters. Houston just took a major leap and those who dont see it is just ignorant. Artest is an impact player and everyone knows that, he can change an entire game just by being on the court. Good luck next season with Mr. cripple I mean D.Wade

danbola
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
U Miami fans are Haters. Houston just took a major leap and those who dont see it is just ignorant. Artest is an impact player and everyone knows that, he can change an entire game just by being on the court. Good luck next season with Mr. cripple I mean D.Wade

Is a Rocket fan calling somebody on our team Mr. Cripple?? Really?!?

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 12:00 PM

nobody here is hating on Artest. we never said he doesn't make an impact on the court.. but he we did say he can in tha locker room with his crap.

Oh yeah have fun tryin to get outta the first round with McGrady.. lol.

ATX
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM

:pity:

And you speak of HATING...bit hippocriticle don't you think. NO ONE was hating on Houston at all. We all know that was huge move for you guys. Artest will certainly help your chances in the west. Good luck.

ATX
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Is a Rocket fan calling somebody on our team Mr. Cripple?? Really?!?

:laugh:

Now that's funny!!

DQL
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Never mind those Rockets fans. I bet they'll soon make a thread and say Artest is the best defender in the NBA. Suck for the Rockets. They have 'best center in the league' in Yao, '2nd best SG' in T-Mac, 'most improved' in Alston, 'ROY' Laundry and so on and still couldn't get out of first round :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM

really wow didnt know about that his very good in defense i gotta admit thAT, i think you houston fans are overrating him a little too much, but you guys with yao, the real mr.cripple i mean t-mac and ron artest wont win a title :D

_Supreme_
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Marc was the Euro league MVP. He is bigger than his brother and plays back to the basket ball. he's a great post player. Definitely not soft.

Marc Gasol is a big stiff though. He is not soft, but he has no real skills either.

That said, we would probably still be better with him than with Blount, mainly because because of the "unknown" factor or possible potential.

Actually on the court he is about the exact opposite of Pau. The two Gasol brothers combined would make one hell of a player though :cool:

Derick713
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
The reason the Heat can't make a big move this off-season is due to the horrible off-season the Heat had last year. It still baffles me how Pat hasn’t gotten more criticism for the bad moves he made last off-season. The first thing Pat failed to do was sign or resign some decent shooters to space the court for Wade. The second thing Pat failed to do was draft the best players available in Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol. Pat acquired some of the worst players in terms of winning that I’d ever seen in terms of getting Blount, Davis, and Parker. Pat didn’t utilize Jason Williams or Ricky Davis to acquire some useful assets like picks the Heat could off used to create a big trade. Pat dealt a second option type player in Walker who would have an expiring contract this season for a player in Blount who is a terrible player and a bad contract that lasts for two more seasons. The worst mistake Pat made was trading away a first round pick in the Rick Davis deal which has limited trade opportunities for the Heat going forward. On top off that Smush Parker did nothing for the Heat and is still on the Heat’s cap for this season since he was bought out. I may not like Walker but he is better than Blount because he can shoot the three and score.

According to David Thorpe's top 4 Rookies it seems like the Heat where in position to draft 3 out of the top 4 on Thorpe's list.

If the Heat didn’t trade for Davis and Blount and made the right choices on draft night then hears what could have happened.

Heat Get-
Pau Gasol

Grizzlies Get-
Jason Williams
Rights to Marc Gasol
Rights to Rudy Fernandez
Dorell Wright
2009 First Round Pick

The Ricky Davis Deal really hurt the Heat in more ways than people think. The Heat took on a player who is not known for winning and a bad contract in Blount for the Heat's only three point shooter at the time and an expiring contract this season. The Heat traded away a first round pick which they could off used to make a deal this off-season. They got nothing in return for Davis and lost cap space in 2009 because of Blount's 7 or 8 million cap number.

Dwayne Wade/James Jones/
Shawn Marion/Antoine Walker
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem/
Pau Gasol/Alonzo Mourning/Joel Anthony

fins08
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM

I am hapy with the trade as a Rockets fan and a Heat fan. I am a little mad we didn't get him, but hey, the issues are there and I am now content with what we have. Rockets are my 2nd favorite team and I am happy they landed him cheap.

jstwannawin
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
i couldnt believe that guy said mr. cripple is wade has mcgrady played a whole season since he's been with the rockets and have vc jump over yao again

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
good thing the heat dident get him i respect his game and he is a top 3 defender in the NBA IMO but he has no control and can divide the locker room and cause problems dont get me wrong i think he is a great player but he has to much baggage

he already has said to a comment made by Yao that he is ghetto and will stay ghetto....? y would he say that!?

as for the rockets fan that came and called wade mr. crippled... i hate to do this cuz i personally like T-mac but wen u ppl get out of the first round then talk to me

look at the sig FINALS MVP!!!

DQL
07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
^ that's sick

and welcome back

noturnormalhero
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
good thing the heat dident get him i respect his game and he is a top 3 defender in the NBA IMO but he has no control and can divide the locker room and cause problems dont get me wrong i think he is a great player but he has to much baggage

he already has said to a comment made by Yao that he is ghetto and will stay ghetto....? y would he say that!?

as for the rockets fan that came and called wade mr. crippled... i hate to do this cuz i personally like T-mac but wen u ppl get out of the first round then talk to me

look at the sig FINALS MVP!!!

haha@him saying he was ghetto..dude was like "im representing my culture"..couldnt help but laugh when i read that

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
^ that's sick

and welcome back

haha@him saying he was ghetto..dude was like "im representing my culture"..couldnt help but laugh when i read that

i saw it on espn first take this mourning and i was wtf? then i started to laugh:laugh:

NBABALLERHOLLER
08-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I am sorry but there is nothing more "ghetto" than the streets of Beijing. Word to your Mao.

Master Mind
08-02-2008, 03:24 PM

:injury: "Hi im Tracy Mcgrady, I just broke a finger nail, place me on the DL...And I also have 2ndroundphobia..."

:surrender: "Hi im Yao Ming, you can have the paint..."

:horse: "Hi im Ron Artest, it's only a matter of time before I go in the stands and start doing this..."

The audacity of this guy to come in here and disrespect D-Wade...D-Wade did in his first year what T-Mac hasn't done and that's get out the 1st rd. How you like them apples guy...

daleja424
08-02-2008, 03:31 PM
:injury: "Hi im Tracy Mcgrady, I just broke a finger nail, place me on the DL...And I also have 2ndroundphobia..."

:horse: "Hi im Ron Artest, it's only a matter of time before I go in the stands and start doing this..."

The audacity of this guy to come in here and disrespect D-Wade...D-Wade did in his first year what T-Mac hasn't done and that's get out the 1st rd. How you like them apples guy...

damn friggin straight! :clap::clap::clap:

greek miami hea
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOL

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-02-2008, 07:09 PM

LMFAO :clap:

daleja424
08-02-2008, 07:51 PM
heat are gunna be fun next year...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-02-2008, 07:59 PM
heat are gunna be fun next year...

yup i cant wait :jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:

LayZbone
08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
yup i cant wait :jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:

It hasn't hit me yet, but watching Wade and Beasley on the court together is going to be something truly special...

Master Mind
08-02-2008, 11:07 PM
It hasn't hit me yet, but watching Wade and Beasley on the court together is going to be something truly special...

And the unsung hero Shawn Marion...