PDA

View Full Version : Do You Pursue A Battier Trade?

Driven
07-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Now that we got Artest?

FOBolous
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
i don't know...depends on what the deal is. I love the idea of Battier as our 6th man coming for the bench...that'll make our backcourt defense REALLY good. We'll have Artest hounding the guy first than when Artest gets tired, bring in Battier FRESH off the bench...the opposing player won't ever be able to get a break. Battier off the bench = death sentence for the opposing player.

but the Artest trade certainly made Battier expandable and if we can get a PG that's better than Alston or PF that's better than Scola with Battier...by all means, do it.

Driven
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree. I think we need a backup PG bad right now, although Brooks could develop, or we could just give the ball to T-Mac. But we do have a bit of a hole behind Alston right now.

FOBolous
07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
I agree. I think we need a backup PG bad right now, although Brooks could develop, or we could just give the ball to T-Mac. But we do have a bit of a hole behind Alston right now.

no...if we were to trade Battier..i want a PG that's better than Alston in return. Battier is too valuable and too good of a player to be traded for just a bench player.

Driven
07-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that we have a need there.

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I dont think we should either. unless its for a good pf or pg

Crzycjunx76
07-29-2008, 11:05 PM
We are only two deep at SF so unless we got a good SF in return defenitley not... and our second string with the current people under contract would be

Mutombo- Cant Shoot
Dorsey- Cant Shoot
Battier- Can Shoot
Barry- Can Shoot
Francis/Brooks- Broken/Inexpierenced

When you only have two maybe three guys on a line who you can count on to score ... or atleast hit an open jumpshot... you are in deep @#$%.
Taking away Battier would just make matters worse, Our starting unit may be the best in the game but our backups could use some work.. espically at the point and the post.

FOBolous
07-29-2008, 11:06 PM
We are only two deep at SF so unless we got a good SF in return defenitley not... and our second string with the current people under contract would be

Mutombo- Cant Shoot
Dorsey- Cant Shoot
Battier- Can Shoot
Barry- Can Shoot
Francis/Brooks- Broken/Inexpierenced

When you only have two maybe three guys on a line who you can count on to score ... or atleast hit an open jumpshot... you are in deep @#$%.
Taking away Battier would just make matters worse, Our starting unit may be the best in the game but our backups could use some work.. espically at the point and the post.

did you just said Barry can't shoot?

Driven
07-29-2008, 11:09 PM
No, he said he could. I was confused too. :D

FOBolous
07-29-2008, 11:12 PM
No, he said he could. I was confused too. :D

oh...LOL...there we go. i guess i misread it. my bad :p "can" and "can't" looks really similar. the only difference is a 's :D

but yeea...in that case...i agree with him. I would only trade Battier for a PG that's better than Alston or a PF that's better than Scola ALONG WITH a good solid backup SF :p

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 11:18 PM
If he puts it that way...just keep Battier

Crzycjunx76
07-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah im trying to do Statistics homework right now but im just so excited I keep coming back and posting random stuff... I really didnt mean that last post to seem so negative.. I think im just trying to come up with something to calm me down so I can do my homework.

Rox07
07-29-2008, 11:25 PM
We could put four players on the floor and still kick ***! So once alston is tired he can sit on the bench and tmac, battier, artest, yao can take over. :)

nickymintz
07-29-2008, 11:31 PM
I rather not trade Battier.
He could definitely win 6th man.
Can you imagine Artest just bugging the hell of the guy hes defending and then he goes to the bench and the player thought he has caught a brake until Battier comes right in to guard him. Domination!
It all depends on what we could get for Battier.

Crzycjunx76
07-29-2008, 11:46 PM
you know I just got myself excited again ... thinking about some possibilities... Scola improves, Brooks develops, Francis somehow finds the fountian of youth that Deke has been keeping to himself...

BRADfromOZ
07-30-2008, 12:02 AM
I'd only think about trading Battier if we could also bundle in Francis into the deal and get a good starting PG in return. I would like to see us sign a back up C in case Mutombo doesn't want to give us one more year.

Crzycjunx76
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM
And even if Deke does we really need a C who can score let me rephrase that... he needs to be able to hit open jumpers... not nessicarially create shots but Deke and Hayes upset me so many times last season because when they were in the game they werent really part of the offense cause they couldent hit a mid range jumper and our opponents knew it.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 12:31 AM
No way they trade Battier. This is a dream come true for the Rockets.

Now they have Artest and Battier both of which can guard Kobe.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-30-2008, 12:55 AM
nope we need to keep battier

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 01:42 AM
We keep Battier and trade Head for a Center

Renovator
07-30-2008, 05:37 AM
Dont forget Artest might not comeing back next year but Battier will be.

I wouldnt trade Battier.

I agree with trading Head for a backup Centre.

Alex-sama
07-30-2008, 06:52 AM
hell no!!! it's already a wonder we get artest without losing Battier. Why should we trade him? Only a little tweaks is enough to make this team invincible

yaowowrocket11
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Battier should definitely be a Rocket next season. 6th Man of the Year! That is the best defensive duo at SF in history. Any star who comes on by (Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, etc) will dread coming to Houston. Battier and Barry coming off the bench makes a huge impact defensively like I said, but also in the late 4th quarter of a close game. Alston - Barry - Battier - Scola - Yao would be the lineup I would want for clutch shooting (although you could throw in T-Mac or Artest in there).

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 08:39 AM
zbo for battier...that trade will put yar in the finals.

Pnoyballer88
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
The Rockets really need someone in the backcourt that can lock someone down. It's quite clear you guys are sick and tired of Deron Williams abusing Rafer Alston.

ii77daman
07-30-2008, 09:15 AM
what r u guys talkin about......this team is perfect already.......lucky enuff to get artest without losing battier is crazy....now some of ya say trade him.....ya r stupid.....i really wana see artest n battier on the floor together at the same time.....both should start.......battier is too good to come off the bench.....this team will b great defensively .........looks like mutumbo will finally get that ring

yao
tmac
artest
battier
alston

francis
barry
scola
dorsey
head

brooks,deke, landry,novak,hayes in case of injuries n garbage time

i say now we dont even need landry,,,let his butt go to europe or whatever....cant stand what hes doin right now

imagine if francis turns to his old self?wow.......but i think alston is better defensively ......imagine the defense the rockets will have

artest,battier,dorsey,hayes, mutombo lol wow picture that

TrueFan23
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
If Frances is healthy there is no need to trade Shane, in the other hand if frances is no healthy then u have to get a better PG

pippsux
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Boy, how people forget what this guy did. I still remember the game against the Lakers, where he played the best defence on Kobe I have seen in a while. Battier is a 3point shooting, team defending glue guy that u need to win a championship. His value off the bench will be unmeasurable. Keep Mr Battier!

HouRealCoach
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
We can let Brooks develope, Dont sleep on Francis and Barry can play the PG....

Artest
Battier
Dorsey
Hayes
Deke
Alston

Thats some tough Defense lets not break it

sep11ie
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
did you just said Barry can't shoot?

Did you read the post? You even quoted it.

sep11ie
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
The Rockets really need someone in the backcourt that can lock someone down. It's quite clear you guys are sick and tired of Deron Williams abusing Rafer Alston.

So we go out and get Artest and ya'll are gonna find something else to ***** about.

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
zbo for battier...that trade will put yar in the finals.

No thx

Tmac to da rack
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Na lets not trade Battier, Houstons roster looks perfect, ONLY if Francis can give us his all, but Now we need to get a pg for insurance, maybe trade head for a solid pg. Not too sure but if we want to be the best defensive team in the NBA keep both artest and battier, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! Look at Celtics #1 in defense=Championship! Now we got a better defensive team than Celtics , and possibly a better big 3, for a fact, we got better role players then Celtics!

Manos
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I look at Artest as a rental. Who knows if he will work out, or resign at the end of the season. So I wouldn't move Battier unless Artest is working out great and resigns for a fair price, only then would I consider moving Shane, unless of course we get offered a deal we can't refuse.

Tmac to da rack
07-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if we can resign Artest in the middle of the season for like 10 mill a year??

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Someone mentioned that we should upgrade at pg because we are tired of deron williams abusing rafer alston. well with artest and battier, help defense can stop that. Even though T-Mac is not a great defender, he can still play defense when he wants to. We just gotta hope he wants to this season. We dont want him to slack off on d just because of artest and battier. We were one of the best defensive teams in the if not the best last season, artest is going to make us better.

If Francis just comes back to be half the man he used to be, we will be set a point. We'd have three good point guards that i believe are unstoppable at a certain tempo.

Rafer: Run-and-Gun offense. Loves to break his man down and dish it out to the open man. Also hits 100 three pointers a year and hardly has turnovers. Dont forget his tear drop ;)

Brooks: Quick first step. Can blow right past his defender and dish it off. Also can hit from the outside.

Francis: Breaks his defender down, can score and dish. Great midrange shot that no one ever talks about.

sensei
07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
i think we should keep battier. with keeping battier you could slot artest at pf in key moments because of his toughness...and it would also make harris expendible on an already cramp roster fit.

DrHoops21
07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
yall should keep battier fa sho. u guys are lookin so sexy right now damn... so hot... artest mcgrady and yao?? what???!! artest was supposed to come to miami! damn. I think you guys need a 3 point shooting PG to makes things perfect, and a backup 3 polint shooting SG. then u would be very niiiice. your defense will be sick, rebounding was already pretty good and will now me improved with artest. artest makes any team TOUGH. as long as he makes it through the season. i like you... do u like me??

Jay22Redd
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
yall should keep battier fa sho. u guys are lookin so sexy right now damn... so hot... artest mcgrady and yao?? what???!! artest was supposed to come to miami! damn. I think you guys need a 3 point shooting PG to makes things perfect, and a backup 3 polint shooting SG. then u would be very niiiice. your defense will be sick, rebounding was already pretty good and will now me improved with artest. artest makes any team TOUGH. as long as he makes it through the season. i like you... do u like me??

:laugh: you trippin but yeah we got barry as a backup shooting guard.

mightybosstone
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I love Battier and if Artest ends up being a disappointment, then we'll still have Battier after this season. That being said, I still think they should pursue a trade to improve at PG. If they found a way to package he and Alston for a improvement at PG, then I think that puts the best team on the floor possible right now and that should be the goal considering the limited window we have with these 3 guys...

Young_Josh
07-30-2008, 03:03 PM
This trade puts us as top 3 or 4 best team in the west and maybe even the league! But we need a backup pg because I dont trust steve francis and I also think we need more low post presence on the bench to back up yao...now the only thing thats keeping tmac from a ring:clap: is him and yao's health!:):D

Young_Josh
07-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh and about Shane..I think we should keep him unless we cant pass up a deal

Z-ray21
07-30-2008, 04:07 PM
it depends on what rick wants to do but imma say trade battier and hayes for odom .

alston- Tmac- RonRon- Odom- Yao + championship

Crzycjunx76
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Say No No No to Odom .. the model of inconsistanc... Scola is better than Odom anyway you cut it. Besides the Lakers do not diserve a player like Battier.

Jahari Kavi
07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
no.....battier and artest's potential suffocating defense is much too intriguing not to take a look at........

BRADfromOZ
07-30-2008, 06:13 PM
We keep Battier and trade Head for a Center

Can we make it Hayes for a center? I would be so happy if we could.

DrHoops21
07-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Can we make it Hayes for a center? I would be so happy if we could.

Theres is no way yall seriously think you are ging to trade for a center. That will not happen. There are no centers out there, and you have YAO. and DIKME! yea hes old but still better than most centers. :mad::speechless:

Alex-sama
07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Theres is no way yall seriously think you are ging to trade for a center. That will not happen. There are no centers out there, and you have YAO. and DIKME! yea hes old but still better than most centers. :mad::speechless:

We still need to think about the future. A prospect center behind deke wouldn't hurt. Someone like Sean Williams is great. Head + 2nd round?

pippsux
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Please keep Mr Battier. He was our most consistent player. Defended relentlessly, took charges, hit big 3's etc I love this guy and with Artest on board, he gets a chance to do what he does without having to worry about stats, keep Battier at all costs!

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-03-2008, 02:17 AM
nope we need battier he would be the x-factor

bbinthepark
08-03-2008, 04:48 AM
we're going to at least give the current group a shot. if battier were moved it wouldn't be until the trade deadline, but I doubt that he is. He's always been an extremely versatile guy and will likely fill whatever role is needed.