PDA

View Full Version : Livingston as backup PG?

40oz
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I understand that the suns are seeing if he can pass there physical. Anyone familiar with this? He's young, talented and i hope moldable (with nash as mentor) As a 2nd team general, suns could actually rest nash before the playoffs.

BillyHoyle35
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
This certainly would be interesting. The docs that Suns have seem to do a pretty good job on previously injured players. If Livingston was anything like his old self, he would be a good backup for the Suns.

Fairly big risk though, hard to say if Livingston is going to have any confidence or ability to go after his injury.

chadillachembre
07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
The guy is not even allowed to play any basketball right now. The doctors have yet to clear him. Next season is a completely different story. If hes on the block next season after a year of conditioning, pivoting on that knee and using lateral movementws on that knee and him testing his limits on that knee im 100% down for that. ive had a severe knee injury and his was far more severe than mine. theres no way he can play at a great level this season. I dont see him coming on any nba team and making a solid contribution. Next season will be the year for him to sign a 1yr deal that will basically put him on a showcase to show hes "still got it"

STAT32
07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Sure i'd sign him for a vet min, but only after we locked up a pg that is actually going to play this season

kjfan
07-29-2008, 11:24 PM
how about this?

boris diaw, tucker and future draft pick for andres nocioni and Ben Gordon.
:clap:

Nash/Gordon/strawberry
Bell/Barbosa/strawberry
Hill/Nocioni/Barnes
Amare/Barnes/skinner
Shaq/lopez/skinner

kjfan
07-29-2008, 11:26 PM
how about this?

boris diaw, tucker and future draft pick for andres nocioni and Ben Gordon.
:clap:

Nash/Gordon/strawberry
Bell/Barbosa/strawberry
Hill/Nocioni/Barnes
Amare/Barnes/skinner
Shaq/lopez/skinner

NBA Champs for sure!!

dodie53
07-30-2008, 07:13 AM
why would the bulls do that trade?

FreedomReigns
07-30-2008, 07:14 AM
why would the bulls do that trade?

I have to agree but you never know, right? Strange things happen in the wide world of sports.

king4day
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm leary on Gordon.
Not to say I wouldn't make that deal, but I still don't trust Gordon.

barkley4prez
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
how can we afford ben gordon he trying to get 12-14mil year
i like diaw for nocioni plus a pick.

barkley4prez
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
if we can get jason williams or carlos arroyo they would be less risky

PhxGiant
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Livingston would be a project for the future. We need to find someone that can play now, its looking like it wont happen in the free agency so far so maybe we will acquire a PG with a trade, if we dont then DJ is going to have a lot to carry on his shoulders...i believe he can handle it, but we would still need another body at the 1.

POZUNO
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Arroyo>Williams

FreedomReigns
08-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Maybe all this inactivity is a sign the Suns are working at buying out Dragic.

Suns must have a plan right? I mean Kerr isn't sitting around with his thumb in Sarvers butt, is he? Theres limited options out there and most are questionable signings.

Will Carlos Arroyo come cheap? Sign Damon Stoudamire or Darrell Armstrong maybe? Are they waiting for rookie's that were drafted this year to become available for trades?

amare#1
08-08-2008, 05:00 AM
Shaun Livingston would be an ideal point guard for us if we aren't able to secure Dragic for this season.

STAT32
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Not for this he wouldn't be, the guy sin't even gonna be cleared to play basketball 5 v 5 until January.