PDA

View Full Version : I think now that the rockets have artest i think they're better than the lakers

NBANumba1Fan
07-29-2008, 10:02 PM
im pretty sure the rockets lineup is a little bit better the rockets have the better defence but the lakers have the better offence i think rafer alston can skip to my lou derek fisher and tracy mcgrady will just drive on shorter kobe bryant and shoot over kobe and ron artest has the defence since lamar odom has weak ball handling and has the turn over problems ron artest will just easily steal the ball from odoms turn overs and losing his handles on the ball scola will just shoot his nice soft hook shots over the soft pau gasol who isnt really that good at defence and yao ming whos simply way better then andrew bynum yao ming will just easily back down on weaker andrew bynum and get his inside mid range shots in the paint...

Rockets have the better lineup they won the season series last season 2-1

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
no way. lakers are still better

fisher-kobe-odom-gasol-bynum

lalakobe24
07-29-2008, 10:05 PM
im pretty sure the rockets lineup is a little bit better the rockets have the better defence but the lakers have the better offence i think rafer alston can skip to my lou derek fisher and tracy mcgrady will just drive on shorter kobe bryant and shoot over kobe and ron artest has the defence since lamar odom has weak ball handling and has the turn over problems ron artest will just easily steal the ball from odoms turn overs and losing his handles on the ball scola will just shoot his nice soft hook shots over the soft pau gasol who isnt really that good at defence and yao ming whos simply way better then andrew bynum yao ming will just easily back down on weaker andrew bynum and get his inside mid range shots in the paint...

Rockets have the better lineup they won the season series last season 2-1

as i said yur not an nba fan stop posting and get out

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Its close. Battier off the bench, thats not bad.

Gmen824
07-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Terrible thread. classic 7 posts thread.

LkrLand
07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Although the Rockets have greatly upgraded their lineup, the Lakers still have the edge. A starting five that includes Bryant (THE best player in the NBA), Odom, Gasol and Bynum is a lot better than the Rockets. It should be competitive nonetheless.

kv9588
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Lakers have the better starting lineup, bench, coach, fans, city, and cheerleaders. And they can make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

*Superman*
07-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Seriously to early to tell now, their is still the much to be done in the offseason, but its a lot closer now.

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Lakers fan are always going to say they are better than everyone but this would be to close to call. Both teams are solid, I believe the Lakers have a better starting lineup but slightly. Rox have a better, more exciting bench. Last season, Rox won the series 2-1 but there wuz no Bynum. At the same time, Rox now have Artest. Great series to watch.

G-Funk
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Rox have more talent imo, but hopefully we play better as a team. I still have faith that we can win it just like anybody thinks about there team, but this girl is an idiot for thinking that T-mac will do that to Kobe so easily,(Kobe owns him) and the fact that she said Lamar has no handles witch is his biggest strenght.

Shee heard about the trade, and became a Rockets fan and desided to get an account on here! lol reminds me of the Celtics fans on here.

SwaggaIke
07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Its debatable. As good as Kobe is, I remember Battier hounding him in a game a few months ago. Not to mention Houston's 20+ game run last year. That's something you can't fluke up on. If Yao and Tracy manage to stay healthy and go into the playoffs healthy, the Rockets have a good chance to win it all. Really good. This season is going to be one of the most interesting in years. Last year was epic, but this year won't be much off.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Who is going to guard Gasol when Yao is busy guarding Bynum?.. Scola? :rolleyes:

Fisher > Alston
Kobe > T-Mac
Odom = Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

Lakers bench > Rockets bench

Now, I'm not saying the Lakers are gonna roll all over the Rockets, I'm not even guaranteeing the Lakers can even beat them, but I just think with Bynum healthy that is going to put the former WCF Champions over the top.

What does my post or even this thread matter anyway, it's all based off ones opinion.

LakerzDQ
07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Rockets is now very good overnight. simply because they traded nothing for Artest.

we'll see.

we still have Farmar and Ariza who are waiting for their breakout seasons.

LakeShowRaider
07-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Wait...your word officially mean JACK!

you said that Tracy McGrady will just drive and shoot over the shorter Kobe bryant?? WOW so is that how you determine who is better?? by how tall they are...get outta here...Houston has a shot at being the best, but they gotta stay together first.

still1ballin
07-29-2008, 11:28 PM
The rockets did indeed win the season series 2-1....The first game was the first game of the season, with all the turmoil between kobe, which rockets barely beat the lakers in that game, and the second time there wasn't no bynum in the line-up...so that doesn't say much.....rockets have boosted up there chances....they are now contending with the lakers and hornets.

Rox07
07-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Fisher = Alston
Kobe > T-Mac
Odom < Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

Faults in the Lakers: Bynum still has to prove himself, Gasol is soft, odom is inconsistent.

Faults in Rockets: Weak at pg spot and at pf spot.

Rockets would beat the lakers but they would have more problems with better teams such as the hornets, or the celtics.

cyph34
07-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Fisher < Alston
Kobe > T-Mac
Odom < Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

and lakers bench < rocket bench

remember that rockets still have steve francis and brent barry and possibly carl landry and that the lakers just lost ronny turiaf

Teeboy1487
07-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I think the lakers are better offensively but houston is better defensively even before the trade. Now houston is the best defensive team in the west by far. The West just got a lot harder.

AllTheWay
07-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Lakers fan are always going to say they are better than everyone but this would be to close to call. Both teams are solid, I believe the Lakers have a better starting lineup but slightly. Rox have a better, more exciting bench. Last season, Rox won the series 2-1 but there wuz no Bynum. At the same time, Rox now have Artest. Great series to watch.

The Lakers didn't have Pau or Bynum.....

Anyways...the Lakers still have a deeper and more talented squad, but the Rocket's are the closest. Then again, is there a worse injury prone trio than Tmac, Artest, and Yao? :speechless:

still1ballin
07-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Fisher < Alston
Kobe > T-Mac
Odom < Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

and lakers bench < rocket bench

remember that rockets still have steve francis and brent barry and possibly carl landry and that the lakers just lost ronny turiaf

rofl Alston better than Fisher? I rather have the guy whos been there and done that.

WHOOOO steve franchise! omg hes going to be beast! and omg! brent barry hes going to be on fire from the three point line! im so scared!!!:speechless:

still1ballin
07-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I can't wait til the season starts! UGH how much more til october?

Teeboy1487
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Come on guys. Let the season play out first before you make predictions.

Rox07
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh man I bet yao is so scared of the softie gasol and that kid who averaged like 10 huge points lol. The only threat on the lakers is KOBE and when Battier owns him when we play, I cant even imagine the likes of Artest and Battier.

still1ballin
07-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh man I bet yao is so scared of the softie gasol and that kid who averaged like 10 huge points lol. The only threat on the lakers is KOBE and when Battier owns him when we play, I cant even imagine the likes of Artest and Battier.

I dont think Gasol will be guarding Yao...Yao will be guarding Bynum.

Rox07
07-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I dont think Gasol will be guarding Yao...Yao will be guarding Bynum.

Yea...? I never said yao was going to guard gasol.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Its debatable. As good as Kobe is, I remember Battier hounding him in a game a few months ago. Not to mention Houston's 20+ game run last year. That's something you can't fluke up on. If Yao and Tracy manage to stay healthy and go into the playoffs healthy, the Rockets have a good chance to win it all. Really good. This season is going to be one of the most interesting in years. Last year was epic, but this year won't be much off.

Kobe also dropped 48 on him last year. Kobe just had a bad shooting game. No one stops him. Sometimes players are off. His problem is that he tries to shoot himself out of slumps. Sometimes he gets 8 for 25 shooting games. But by no means was Battier a deterrent. Kobe goes right around him and Artest. Team defenses usually give Kobe problems. Not one on one man defenders.

still1ballin
07-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Yea...? I never said yao was going to guard gasol.

then why did you say that yao won't be scared of gasol and bynum?

Teeboy1487
07-29-2008, 11:53 PM
You rocket fans sure are doing a lot of talking. Lets see houston back it up.

Rox07
07-29-2008, 11:55 PM
then why did you say that yao won't be scared of gasol and bynum?

Because he won't be...

Is that really hard to understand man.

Rox07
You rocket fans sure are doing a lot of talking. Lets see houston back it up.

Thats not hypocritical or anything especially being a lakers fan and all.

still1ballin
Because he won't be...

Is that really hard to understand man.

lol nvm dude, you dont get it

Rox07
07-29-2008, 11:59 PM
lol nvm dude, you dont get it

Yea your right I dont get the point your tryign to make. Are you trying to say yao should be worried about Gasol, who proved hes shyt under pressure. Actually if I remember correctly after the finals many lakers fans were pissed at Gasols play and many wanted to trade him.

Er1c
07-30-2008, 12:03 AM
well they are two pretty solid teams for sure. but the lakers have better line up and bench.

Er1c
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Yea your right I dont get the point your tryign to make. Are you trying to say yao should be worried about Gasol, who proved hes shyt under pressure. Actually if I remember correctly after the finals many lakers fans were pissed at Gasols play and many wanted to trade him.

i believe we didnt say we wanted to trade him. we just don't like his soft game inside thats it. we hope he improves during this off season. most of us wanted to get rid of odom, walton, and rad thats for sure

AllTheWay
07-30-2008, 12:08 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2281289

1999-2000 season
Summer 1999: Before his rookie season, Artest applied for a part-time job at a Circuit City outlet in the Chicago area. But the Bulls stepped in before he could begin work ... and benefit from the employee discount.

Said Artest: "I thought it would be fun. And I had a friend who worked there."

Oct. 4, 1999: Fined $5,000 and sent home from the league's rookie orientation for missing a meeting. Bulls GM Jerry Krause said Artest overslept, while also having a friend in his room when visitors weren't allowed.

Ron Artest has gotten to know David Stern quite well throughout the years.

2000-01 season
Feb. 21, 2001: Suspended for one game and fined $7,500 for fighting with Glenn Robinson during Bulls-Bucks game.

June 13, 2001: Broke two of Michael Jordan's ribs during a pickup game. "I'm not sure what happened," Artest said in the Chicago Daily Herald. "I was just guarding him. I was just trying to get position because he was posting me up. I don't even recall him stopping for a brief second. ... I read it in the paper and was like, 'Man, Mike's ribs got broke. How'd his ribs get broke?'"

2001-02 season
Feb. 19, 2002: Traded with Ron Mercer, Brad Miller and Kevin Ollie to Pacers for Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Norm Richardson and second-round pick.

May 25, 2002: Girlfriend Jennifer Palma, mother of one of Artest's sons, accused him of grabbing her around the neck and by the arm during an argument. No charges were filed, but she was given a protective order, which Artest allegedly violated several days later by calling her. Harassment and criminal contempt charges were later dropped.

2002-03 season
Sept. 15, 2002: Artest, now reunited with Kimsha Hatfield, his girlfriend of eight years and mother of his two oldest children, called the police claiming that she hit and scratched him. (The two are now married.)

Dec. 19, 2002: Fined $10,000 for shoving the Mavericks' Raja Bell and failing to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection, which occurred after he was given his second technical foul.

Jan 4, 2003: Suspended three games and fined $35,000 for smashing video equipment after a loss to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

Jan. 30, 2003: Suspended four games (costing him $84,000) after confrontation with Heat coach Pat Riley on the sidelines during the game, then flipping his middle finger at the fans in Miami.

The incident boiled over in the fourth quarter when Artest scored and was fouled, and proceeded to flex his right arm while walking toward the Miami bench. Heat assistant coach Keith Askins exchanged words with Artest, who brushed against Riley. Riley, who was already hot because of an Artest flagrant foul on Caron Butler, began shouting with Artest and shoved him away.

Feb. 26, 2003: Suspended one game by Pacers for smashing a framed picture of himself in Conseco Fieldhouse.

March 9, 2003: Suspended one game for flagrant foul (sixth of the season, which led to automatic suspension) on Trail Blazers' Bonzi Wells.

March 13, 2003: Suspended one game for flagrant foul (seventh of the season, which led to automatic suspension) on 76ers' Eric Snow.

March 20, 2003: Suspended two games for flagrant foul on the Celtics' Paul Pierce five seconds into the game. Eighth flagrant foul called for automatic two game suspension. April 3, 2003: Fined $20,000 for making an obscene gesture to the crowd in Cleveland.

2003-04 season
Feb. 16, 2004: Made his first All-Star appearance in style, by changing -- and mismatching -- sneakers throughout the game, in the hopes of landing a shoe contract.

Said Artest's agent, Mark Bartelstein: "We've been in negotiations with several different companies for a few months now. We didn't feel it was right to just wear one brand."

March 19, 2004: Suspended one game for elbowing the Trail Blazers' Derek Anderson during game.

May 25, 2004: Fined $10,000 for making an obscene gesture during Eastern Conference Finals against the Pistons.

June 1, 2004: Took a shot at Richard Hamilton's masked face and was called for a flagrant foul late in the fourth quarter of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, which appeared to ignite the Pistons, who would eliminate the Pacers shortly thereafter.

Said Artest of the call: "(Hamilton's) so skinny that they [the referees] didn't see it," Artest said. "I just put up my hands on him."

That's our Ron-Ron, back when he was hawking the CD.

2004-05 season
Nov. 9-10, 2004: Benched for two games after he asked for time off to promote the release of his upcoming rap album.

"When I decided I wanted to leave the game or take a month off, I'm a grown man," Artest told ESPN. "It doesn't make me crazy to want to do something that I want to do. ... You can be anything you want to be.

"I want to be a musician. I want to own my own label and I want to be MVP and win the championship of the NBA. I feel I can do anything I want to do. I have two goals this year. I want to go platinum or have my girls, Allure, go platinum, and win the NBA championship."

Nov. 19, 2004: Charged into the stands at the Palace of Auburn Hills to attack a fan who had thrown a cup at him. Two days later, he was suspended for the remainder of the season. Artest pleaded no contest to assault and battery charges and was sentenced to a year of probation, community service, anger management counseling and a $250 fine. He missed 73 regular-season games and 13 playoff games in total, while also losing $4,995,000 in salary.

2005-06 season
Oc. 11, 2005: Said Artest on new season: "I'm going to continue playing hard and out of control, like a wild animal that needs to be caged in."

Oct. 2005: Appearing on the cover of the December issue of Penthouse, Artest said in the interview that he wanted to box Ben Wallace on pay-per-view.

Dec. 10, 2005: In a one-on-one interview with the Indianapolis Star, Artest suggests the Pacers trade him. "If the trade rumors, if there is any truth -- maybe it won't be a bad thing. They probably could win more games without me. ... If I go to the West Coast, I would come back to New York after my contract is up. ... I would go to Cleveland. I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind LeBron James. There's a lot of players I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind."

In the interview, Artest also criticized coach Rick Carlisle, who would bench Artest for two games. "I like Coach [Carlisle] as a person, but I don't like playing for Coach. I like my team, though. ... Don't get it twisted. He's a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. I personally don't like playing for him."

Dec. 12, 2005: Placed on inactive list.

Dec. 15, 2005: Fined $10,000 for making public statements that he wanted to be traded. Said NBA senior vice president and general counsel Rick Buchanan: "Public trade demands by players was a subject discussed at length during collective bargaining negotiations this summer. The damage caused by these kind of statements was commonly understood, as was the NBA's intention to hold players accountable for such statements going forward."

Dec. 17, 2005: Has a change of heart. Said Artest in the Indianapolis Star: "I should have been a man and spoken with coach [Rick Carlisle] about my differences with him. Yes, I would like to return to the team."

Jan. 1, 2006: Artest, whose self-titled CD hits stores this summer, told the New York Post that his New Year's resolution is to: "Teach math classes in elementary schools throughout the country. And, of course, I want to sell 10 million records."

Jan. 24, 2006: Traded to Kings for Stojakovic, but trade falls through because Artest does not want to play in Sacramento.

"We waited for about an hour and half," Pacers prez Donnie Walsh told ESPN.com. "By then, I knew there was trouble. Geoff got on the phone at about 5:30 p.m. and told me that the deal was off. That Ronnie's agent [Mark Stevens] had called and told him Ronnie didn't want to play there and then called the owners. It scared them both off.

"I told Geoff that I didn't think that Ronnie meant what his agent was saying and asked him if they'd wait until the morning for us to get this sorted out. ... I wasn't happy."

Jan. 25, 2006: Artest accepts trade to Kings after speaking with the Maloof brothers, Sacramento's owners.

Jan. 27, 2006: Kings lose in Artest's debut against Celtics. Said Artest before the game: "I'm going to play hard. That's all I can do. Things that were distractions to my team in the past -- I've learned from my mistakes, and I look forward to those things not happening."

March 17, 2006: Artest returns to Indiana for first time since trade, with his Kings 15-7 and in the playoff picture since his arrival in Sacramento.

2006-07 season
Feb. 8, 2007: Dogs owned by Artest spent a total of 77 nights at the pound since July because of poor care by their owner, costing the NBA star $1,942 in boarding and impound fees, county records show.

March 5, 2007: Artest out indefinitely with Kings after domestic violence arrest.
March 11, 2007: Artest apologizes, rejoins team.

March 21, 2007: Artest is charged with four misdemeanors charges -- battery and corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment, and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime -- stemming from the March 5 domestic dispute at his home. Each carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison.

March 22, 2007: Pleads not guilty to misdemeanor domestic dispute charges. A Placer County (Calif.) Superior Court judge also orders him to stay at least 100 yards away from his wife and children until further notice.

Check it out and tell me that Artest has changed...how so, really?

This a paper championship team, I guarantee it won't translate to the court. I'm glad we didn't trade for him.

Rox07
07-30-2008, 12:13 AM
This a paper championship team, I guarantee it won't translate to the court. I'm glad we didn't trade for him.

Oh and I guarantee the titanic will never sink.

Pretty much your guarantee means nothing to anyone but yourself.

Bleeds Blue
07-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Thats not hypocritical or anything especially being a lakers fan and all.

the lakers have backed up the laker fans talk... they made it to the finals. as a houston fan i would be watching every game on pins and needles with yao, tmac, and artest on my team. if they somehow are able to stay healthy though they have the 2nd best team in the west imo but how likely is that really?

its kinda lame how you are post padding man....

goku
07-30-2008, 12:18 AM
this is great

Rox07
07-30-2008, 12:19 AM
the lakers have backed up the laker fans talk... they made it to the finals. as a houston fan i would be watching every game on pins and needles with yao, tmac, and artest on my team. if they somehow are able to stay healthy though they have the 2nd best team in the west imo but how likely is that really?

its kinda lame how you are post padding man....

Oh yea dude b/c losing the finals is what every lakers fan wants. Sorry but as a houston fan I expect to win the championship and anything less than that will be a disappointment. And wtf do you mean by post padding man?

goku
07-30-2008, 12:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2281289

1999-2000 season
Summer 1999: Before his rookie season, Artest applied for a part-time job at a Circuit City outlet in the Chicago area. But the Bulls stepped in before he could begin work ... and benefit from the employee discount.

Said Artest: "I thought it would be fun. And I had a friend who worked there."

Oct. 4, 1999: Fined $5,000 and sent home from the league's rookie orientation for missing a meeting. Bulls GM Jerry Krause said Artest overslept, while also having a friend in his room when visitors weren't allowed.

Ron Artest has gotten to know David Stern quite well throughout the years.

2000-01 season
Feb. 21, 2001: Suspended for one game and fined $7,500 for fighting with Glenn Robinson during Bulls-Bucks game.

June 13, 2001: Broke two of Michael Jordan's ribs during a pickup game. "I'm not sure what happened," Artest said in the Chicago Daily Herald. "I was just guarding him. I was just trying to get position because he was posting me up. I don't even recall him stopping for a brief second. ... I read it in the paper and was like, 'Man, Mike's ribs got broke. How'd his ribs get broke?'"

2001-02 season
Feb. 19, 2002: Traded with Ron Mercer, Brad Miller and Kevin Ollie to Pacers for Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Norm Richardson and second-round pick.

May 25, 2002: Girlfriend Jennifer Palma, mother of one of Artest's sons, accused him of grabbing her around the neck and by the arm during an argument. No charges were filed, but she was given a protective order, which Artest allegedly violated several days later by calling her. Harassment and criminal contempt charges were later dropped.

2002-03 season
Sept. 15, 2002: Artest, now reunited with Kimsha Hatfield, his girlfriend of eight years and mother of his two oldest children, called the police claiming that she hit and scratched him. (The two are now married.)

Dec. 19, 2002: Fined $10,000 for shoving the Mavericks' Raja Bell and failing to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection, which occurred after he was given his second technical foul.

Jan 4, 2003: Suspended three games and fined $35,000 for smashing video equipment after a loss to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

Jan. 30, 2003: Suspended four games (costing him $84,000) after confrontation with Heat coach Pat Riley on the sidelines during the game, then flipping his middle finger at the fans in Miami.

The incident boiled over in the fourth quarter when Artest scored and was fouled, and proceeded to flex his right arm while walking toward the Miami bench. Heat assistant coach Keith Askins exchanged words with Artest, who brushed against Riley. Riley, who was already hot because of an Artest flagrant foul on Caron Butler, began shouting with Artest and shoved him away.

Feb. 26, 2003: Suspended one game by Pacers for smashing a framed picture of himself in Conseco Fieldhouse.

March 9, 2003: Suspended one game for flagrant foul (sixth of the season, which led to automatic suspension) on Trail Blazers' Bonzi Wells.

March 13, 2003: Suspended one game for flagrant foul (seventh of the season, which led to automatic suspension) on 76ers' Eric Snow.

March 20, 2003: Suspended two games for flagrant foul on the Celtics' Paul Pierce five seconds into the game. Eighth flagrant foul called for automatic two game suspension. April 3, 2003: Fined $20,000 for making an obscene gesture to the crowd in Cleveland.

2003-04 season
Feb. 16, 2004: Made his first All-Star appearance in style, by changing -- and mismatching -- sneakers throughout the game, in the hopes of landing a shoe contract.

Said Artest's agent, Mark Bartelstein: "We've been in negotiations with several different companies for a few months now. We didn't feel it was right to just wear one brand."

March 19, 2004: Suspended one game for elbowing the Trail Blazers' Derek Anderson during game.

May 25, 2004: Fined $10,000 for making an obscene gesture during Eastern Conference Finals against the Pistons.

June 1, 2004: Took a shot at Richard Hamilton's masked face and was called for a flagrant foul late in the fourth quarter of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, which appeared to ignite the Pistons, who would eliminate the Pacers shortly thereafter.

Said Artest of the call: "(Hamilton's) so skinny that they [the referees] didn't see it," Artest said. "I just put up my hands on him."

That's our Ron-Ron, back when he was hawking the CD.

2004-05 season
Nov. 9-10, 2004: Benched for two games after he asked for time off to promote the release of his upcoming rap album.

"When I decided I wanted to leave the game or take a month off, I'm a grown man," Artest told ESPN. "It doesn't make me crazy to want to do something that I want to do. ... You can be anything you want to be.

"I want to be a musician. I want to own my own label and I want to be MVP and win the championship of the NBA. I feel I can do anything I want to do. I have two goals this year. I want to go platinum or have my girls, Allure, go platinum, and win the NBA championship."

Nov. 19, 2004: Charged into the stands at the Palace of Auburn Hills to attack a fan who had thrown a cup at him. Two days later, he was suspended for the remainder of the season. Artest pleaded no contest to assault and battery charges and was sentenced to a year of probation, community service, anger management counseling and a $250 fine. He missed 73 regular-season games and 13 playoff games in total, while also losing $4,995,000 in salary.

2005-06 season
Oc. 11, 2005: Said Artest on new season: "I'm going to continue playing hard and out of control, like a wild animal that needs to be caged in."

Oct. 2005: Appearing on the cover of the December issue of Penthouse, Artest said in the interview that he wanted to box Ben Wallace on pay-per-view.

Dec. 10, 2005: In a one-on-one interview with the Indianapolis Star, Artest suggests the Pacers trade him. "If the trade rumors, if there is any truth -- maybe it won't be a bad thing. They probably could win more games without me. ... If I go to the West Coast, I would come back to New York after my contract is up. ... I would go to Cleveland. I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind LeBron James. There's a lot of players I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind."

In the interview, Artest also criticized coach Rick Carlisle, who would bench Artest for two games. "I like Coach [Carlisle] as a person, but I don't like playing for Coach. I like my team, though. ... Don't get it twisted. He's a very good coach. He knows what he's doing. I personally don't like playing for him."

Dec. 12, 2005: Placed on inactive list.

Dec. 15, 2005: Fined $10,000 for making public statements that he wanted to be traded. Said NBA senior vice president and general counsel Rick Buchanan: "Public trade demands by players was a subject discussed at length during collective bargaining negotiations this summer. The damage caused by these kind of statements was commonly understood, as was the NBA's intention to hold players accountable for such statements going forward."

Dec. 17, 2005: Has a change of heart. Said Artest in the Indianapolis Star: "I should have been a man and spoken with coach [Rick Carlisle] about my differences with him. Yes, I would like to return to the team."

Jan. 1, 2006: Artest, whose self-titled CD hits stores this summer, told the New York Post that his New Year's resolution is to: "Teach math classes in elementary schools throughout the country. And, of course, I want to sell 10 million records."

Jan. 24, 2006: Traded to Kings for Stojakovic, but trade falls through because Artest does not want to play in Sacramento.

"We waited for about an hour and half," Pacers prez Donnie Walsh told ESPN.com. "By then, I knew there was trouble. Geoff got on the phone at about 5:30 p.m. and told me that the deal was off. That Ronnie's agent [Mark Stevens] had called and told him Ronnie didn't want to play there and then called the owners. It scared them both off.

"I told Geoff that I didn't think that Ronnie meant what his agent was saying and asked him if they'd wait until the morning for us to get this sorted out. ... I wasn't happy."

Jan. 25, 2006: Artest accepts trade to Kings after speaking with the Maloof brothers, Sacramento's owners.

Jan. 27, 2006: Kings lose in Artest's debut against Celtics. Said Artest before the game: "I'm going to play hard. That's all I can do. Things that were distractions to my team in the past -- I've learned from my mistakes, and I look forward to those things not happening."

March 17, 2006: Artest returns to Indiana for first time since trade, with his Kings 15-7 and in the playoff picture since his arrival in Sacramento.

2006-07 season
Feb. 8, 2007: Dogs owned by Artest spent a total of 77 nights at the pound since July because of poor care by their owner, costing the NBA star $1,942 in boarding and impound fees, county records show.

March 5, 2007: Artest out indefinitely with Kings after domestic violence arrest.
March 11, 2007: Artest apologizes, rejoins team.

March 21, 2007: Artest is charged with four misdemeanors charges -- battery and corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment, and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime -- stemming from the March 5 domestic dispute at his home. Each carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison.

March 22, 2007: Pleads not guilty to misdemeanor domestic dispute charges. A Placer County (Calif.) Superior Court judge also orders him to stay at least 100 yards away from his wife and children until further notice.

Check it out and tell me that Artest has changed...how so, really?

CRY ME A RIVER:cry:

still1ballin
07-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Oh yea dude b/c losing the finals is what every lakers fan wants. Sorry but as a houston fan I expect to win the championship and anything less than that will be a disappointment. And wtf do you mean by post padding man?

Yeah the ultimate goal is to go all the way and win the 'ship, but at least they came out as the top team in the west, in the most toughest western conference race ever....where was houston? another 1st round exit?....at least we made it to the finals....i rather lose in the nba finals, then lose in the 1st round.

astrosmaniac
07-30-2008, 12:27 AM
The rockets did indeed win the season series 2-1....The first game was the first game of the season, with all the turmoil between kobe, which rockets barely beat the lakers in that game, and the second time there wasn't no bynum in the line-up...so that doesn't say much.....rockets have boosted up there chances....they are now contending with the lakers and hornets.

you didnt have bynum. we didnt have yao. Yao>Bynum no matter how much of a laker fan you are, you cant deny that. if you do, then you dont know basketball at all

Teeboy1487
07-30-2008, 12:28 AM
I cant wait now to see rockets vs. lakers.

The83rdWonder
07-30-2008, 12:28 AM
This trade moves the Rockets up to around the same tier with the Lakers, come playoff time we'll see what goes on. A Rockets vs Lakers WCF would be very exciting.

goku
07-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah the ultimate goal is to go all the way and win the 'ship, but at least they came out as the top team in the west, in the most toughest western conference race ever....where was houston? another 1st round exit?....at least we made it to the finals....i rather lose in the nba finals, then lose in the 1st round.

i rather lose in the first round then get to the top after a long season and fail

arthurlaker13
07-30-2008, 12:29 AM
ok first off i find it funny how rocket fans think they are gonna beat the world now that they got artest. ok u guys will be good, and im not taking that away from you guys... BUT Talk crap after u beat them and when u go through the whole season succefully without hardcore injuries. meaning t-mac and yao need to work together to pull this off but i still see the lakers winning.

astrosmaniac
07-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I think the lakers are better offensively but houston is better defensively even before the trade. Now houston is the best defensive team in the west by far. The West just got a lot harder.

finally an intelligent and unbiassed lakers fan :)

Bleeds Blue
07-30-2008, 12:30 AM

the lakers didnt break much of a sweat in winning one of the toughest western conferences of all time. i think that deserves some respect and licences some laker fans to talk... anything less than a championship is dissapointing to laker fans as well but that doesnt mean we cant be proud of how far our team got...

post padding refers to someone submitting multiple posts that easily could have been put together in order to get their total post count up. post count on psd can be seen by as some (not me) as a kind of sign of experience and respect.

Bleeds Blue
07-30-2008, 12:32 AM
This trade moves the Rockets up to around the same tier with the Lakers, come playoff time we'll see what goes on. A Rockets vs Lakers WCF would be very exciting.

if the rockets are healthy i definitely agree that they are in the upper tier of teams in the west along with the hornets and lakers. thats just a very big if though...

i rather lose in the first round then get to the top after a long season and fail

its better for your team though... they get valuable playoff experience and thats something that a young laker team needed

arthurlaker13
07-30-2008, 12:33 AM

hahaha that just means ur team is weak and couldnt hang. at least us lakers get that experience and it just shows that u guys are a bad team and cant make it to that final stage. remember were the los angeles lakers man. we are a dynasty. u guys are nothing talk **** to us when u get more rings than us.

Bleeds Blue
07-30-2008, 12:33 AM
double post....

my bad

still1ballin
07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
hahaha that just means ur team is weak and couldnt hang. at least us lakers get that experience and it just shows that u guys are a bad team and cant make it to that final stage. remember were the los angeles lakers man. we are a dynasty. u guys are nothing talk **** to us when u get more rings than us.

LOL

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 12:38 AM
This definitely puts Houston and the Lakers at the same level no if an and buts about it.

Now the Rockets have Artest and Battier who can defend Kobe. Imagine having both in the game at the same time?

Vidball
07-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Wow...Rockets just got good enough to get out of the first round :D

LakeShowRaider
07-30-2008, 12:40 AM
LOL at all you mediocre Houston fans who swearrrr you're actually gonna get out of the 1st round this time...

astrosmaniac
07-30-2008, 12:41 AM
OK everyone shut the **** up. Lakers are awesome. Up and down the roster they are great. They proved that in the fact that they got to the finals. BUT, you laker fans need to realize that defense is you weakness. The celtics proved that and the rockets were one hell of a defensive team before the trade, and battier and artest are 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Alos, i understand that you hold bynum on a high pedistal, but 35 games isnt long enough to rank his importance to a team the same as a perenial Allstar (yao). The rockets got better and are probably the team that matches up worst for the lakers. Great D with good offense.

astrosmaniac
07-30-2008, 12:43 AM
LOL at all you mediocre Houston fans who swearrrr you're actually gonna get out of the 1st round this time...

LMAO at the idiotic lakers fans who dont realize that this team is almost as good, if not as good as, your team. So obviously yes they will make it out of th first round

AllTheWay
07-30-2008, 12:43 AM
CRY ME A RIVER:cry:

Wow, great job addresing my post :clap:

WHat you said is a prime example of your inept basketball knowledge by not actually arguing and just telling me to "cry you a river".

Vidball
07-30-2008, 12:44 AM
^Lakers D was good enough to crush the West though. Bynum is a VERY GOOD interior defender.

AllTheWay
07-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh and I guarantee the titanic will never sink.

Pretty much your guarantee means nothing to anyone but yourself.

I enjoy how you don't address the post at all except for my guarantee.

Great job!!

astrosmaniac
07-30-2008, 12:47 AM
I enjoy how you don't address the post at all except for my guarantee.

Great job!!

i love how you dont realize that 1 player isnt going to ruin a team thats been together for years :up:

IversonIsKrazy
07-30-2008, 12:48 AM
lakers. w/o a doubt lakers. if a series do happen it would b lakers in 6 or 7

AllTheWay
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
i love how you dont realize that 1 player isnt going to ruin a team thats been together for years :up:

So one criminal can't tear apart a family?

One loose screw can't **** up a well- oiled machine?

And the Rockets are far from a well- oiled machine....

Ron Artest can ruin any team, the team I could not see him ruining would be the Spurs

arthurlaker13
07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
lol
Like I SAID MAKE IT THROUGH THE SEASON AND BE SUCCESFULL WITHOUT ANY HARCORE INJURIES. CUZ THATS WAT SETS US APART. AND JUST LIKE U GUYS ADDED UR DEFENSIVE PRESSURE WE DID TO BY ADDING BYNUM BACK INTO THE MIX. U GUYS DONT KNOW HOW WE WILL BE WHEN WE GET BYNUM GASOL AND ODOM ALL ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER. OH AND ISNT BATTIER A FREE AGENT IF THE ROCKETS DONT MAKE AN OFFER. CANT WE OFFER HIM A CONTRACT? PLUS U GUYS FORGOT TO MENTION A HEALTHY AND BUFF ARIZA AND SASHA!!! AKA GYM RATS

Voodoo Alchemy
don't know if they are better than the lakers but certainly the 2nd best team in the west, 3rd or 4th best in the league.

ee

Rockets have the better lineup they won the season series last season 2-1You either don't watch much basketball, hardly speak english or just plain :crazy:

Jeremy5150
07-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Ron Artest is better, far better, than Odom.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm closing this thread for two reasons:

1.) It is becoming more about personal attacks and fan bases going at it.

2.) The thread in itself didn't lead this to be a good discussion. You can't create a thread saying one team or a player is better than another without it getting personal.

The Better question would have been, who is better now the Lakers or the Rockets.