PDA

View Full Version : After Major Acquisition Could another star be on the move?

D-Amazins
07-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Now that the Rockets have traded for Ron Ron, do you guys think that T-Mac could be traded to another team now that he can be replaced as the SG Or SF with Artest?

Think about it...T-Mac could be traded for players such as Billups, Allen Iverson..ETC. Which Moves Artest to the SG, Battier stays at the SF and the Rockets can upgrade at PG.

T-Mac is my favorite player & Rockets are my favorite team and obviously i want them to win a championship, but its an intriguing Idea, if i say so myself

What do you guys think?

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
no. battier would just be the 6th man

jgonboricua
07-29-2008, 10:02 PM
if i had to choose i would choose tmac and ron artest combo over billups artest combo anyday...
unless they get both billups and rasheed

billups
artest
battier
rasheed
yao.

thats a differant story

daleja424
07-29-2008, 10:02 PM
interesting idea since we have heard several rumors surrounding t-mac... but I think phlp_bj has it right...

NBANumba1Fan
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
now that they have artest tmacs not going anywhere..

bball1217
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
no. battier would just be the 6th man

Yeah...I agree, having Battier come off the bench is the best thing to do, he probably won't mind, he will still get his same minutes. Also he never complains, he has a great attitude.

T-Mac is my favorite player & Rockets are my favorite team and obviously i want them to win a championship, but its an intriguing Idea, if i say so myself

Also, this will only make McGrady hungrier for a championship, but it is an intriguing idea to think about.

goku
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
they said they would't trade t-mac why would they now

phlp_bj
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM
hey shonie, u get my PM?

or they could try to trade battier for a PG

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:09 PM
highly doubtful.

The pistons would have to give up something like sheed + stuckey or sheed + billups.

They're not trading Tmac straight up for anyone. No one better is available. They'd need to get two very solid pieces out of him.

SHONIE
07-29-2008, 10:13 PM
yeah I PMed you back

Jay22Redd
07-29-2008, 10:20 PM
No, keep T-Mac. Thats all that needs to be said

ARMIN12NBA
07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
They could now trade McGrady for Billups and Prince to have this line-up:

Billups
Artest
Prince
Scola
Yao

Or they could just keep this:

Alston
McGrady
Artest
Scola
Yao

Which one do you guys think are better?

hyp21
07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
You know what? I'm a go the other way with this...This could VERY well be the end for T-Mac in Houston. Ive been wondering when his last days would come and this could be the day(s) that it happens. He hasn't been able to lead this team out of the first round and if he's not hurt, Yao is. Rockets need this and I don't see Battier going to the bench nor Artest....T-Mac may very well be gone unless he's gonna get moved to the 2...which I don't think will happen.

Driven
07-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Certainly an interesting idea trading T-Mac, but with Yao and Artest, I don't see the point,

I do think they should be shopping Alston and Battier heavily though.

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't think they would trade T-mac and then only have Artest for one season.

Storch
07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
trade tmac to the pistons for billups and sheed.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=532~1781~63~883&teams=8~8~10~10&te=&cash=

Houston will have an all star team:

alston
artest
battier
wallace
yao

still1ballin
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM
They need to trade tmac if they want to win, he is a proven loser.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Now that the Rockets have traded for Ron Ron, do you guys think that T-Mac could be traded to another team now that he can be replaced as the SG Or SF with Artest?

Think about it...T-Mac could be traded for players such as Billups, Allen Iverson..ETC. Which Moves Artest to the SG, Battier stays at the SF and the Rockets can upgrade at PG.

What do you guys think?

Why would they trade him now?

Er1c
07-30-2008, 12:24 AM
nah dont think they will be trading Tmac after they got artest.

stevefrancis
07-30-2008, 12:58 AM
the only way they would trade tmac is if they got billups and hamilton so houstons lineup would look like this:

billups
hamilton
artest
scola
yao

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-30-2008, 01:01 AM
tmac wont be traded

redsox4ever36
07-30-2008, 01:05 AM
bein a pure basketball fan if houston could get billups and rasheed for tmac I see it as a must do trade.

A team of
PG-Billups
SG-Artest
SF-Battier
PF-Rasheed
C-Yao

with Scola and Landry and the other good bench guys they have, its a legit all around team with 4 scoring options and great team defense.

goku
07-30-2008, 01:13 AM
no

HipSlappyJoe
07-30-2008, 01:19 AM
great move rockets, if artest remains sane

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
I think if things aren't going right for the rockets then they might look to trade T-Mac.

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 02:20 AM
everything will be fine. If not then they will simply trade Artest at the deadline. Trading T-mac wouldnt be the smartest thing to do. He is great and Billups is older with a longer contract. Rip does not create well for himself. Rasheed said he will retire after his contract and if we have Battier and Artest there is no need for Prince.

Mallpha
07-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Tmac versality allows him to play spots from 1-3 maybe even 4 dont see why should the Rockets trade him at this time maybe if you can see its not working durning the season but not now.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
They could now trade McGrady for Billups and Prince to have this line-up:

Billups
Artest
Prince
Scola
Yao

Or they could just keep this:

Alston
McGrady
Artest
Scola
Yao

Which one do you guys think are better?

Wow, this move favors the Rockets so much in my opinion if it would happen.

Billups is an allstar pg and a very good one, and Prince is on the rise and is a top 3 defender, in my opinion the best.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-30-2008, 09:04 AM
josh smith will be on the move in a sign and trade atlanta is so dam cheap,ask chidress..

_Sn1P3r_
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Great trade by Houston. I also don't see T-Mac getting traded. Two perimeter defenders so that way T-Mac won't get too tired on D and can produce more on offense.

RapsFan4Life
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
T mac is their franchise player, who is willing to share his stardom and scoring with Yao, not many other super stars will do that, I think there are already 2 decent guards with Alstan and James, one needs to go along with battie to upgrade the PF position .. TMAC STAYS IN HUSTON

{}
07-30-2008, 11:13 AM
bein a pure basketball fan if houston could get billups and rasheed for tmac I see it as a must do trade.

A team of
PG-Billups
SG-Artest
SF-Battier
PF-Rasheed
C-Yao

with Scola and Landry and the other good bench guys they have, its a legit all around team with 4 scoring options and great team defense.

...must trade to downgrade from a non-Rockets fans pov. ;) Scola's game is better suited to the Rockets than a perimeter chunker. Plus, Rasheed would be as good as gone after this season. No team in their right mind would trade for a 33yr old, over-the-hill PG with 50 million left on his contract.

The Rockets would gladly take Stuckey, Maxiell and Hamilton though for Tmac. The Rockets don't owe Dumars any favors so a Billups & Sheed deal wouldn't happen.

JordansBulls
07-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Seriously this trade makes no sense now. Why would they even think about trading T-mac now with Artest and Yao on the team? It's just illogical at this point.

{}
07-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Seriously this trade makes no sense now. Why would they even think about trading T-mac now with Artest and Yao on the team? It's just illogical at this point.

I agree. There is no rule in the league that says you can't be stacked with talent. So the Rockets have 2x MVP caliber players and 2x DPOY caliber players all on the same roster. It's wishful thinking of other fans to think the Rockets would inexplicably do something stupid to weaken the roster now.

Dirty Dirk41
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I Think they heard offers for T-Mac and were not pleased. Rockets got RON Artest for a good price and dotn have to take on kenny thomas' s contract.
I Think This team as it is can contend for a title.If they trade it wont be T-MAC

Dirty Dirk41
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree. There is no rule in the league that says you can't be stacked with talent. So the Rockets have 2x MVP caliber players and 2x DPOY caliber players all on the same roster. It's wishful thinking of other fans to think the Rockets would inexplicably do something stupid to weaken the roster now.

YESSSS!!! thank you...So what battier started last season. This is a business and Artest provides more for the team. He can be the 6th man, a very good one at that, and come off the bench with good defense and outside shooting. Unless there getting a SUPERSTAR TALENT they wont trade T-MAC

D-Amazins
07-30-2008, 02:31 PM

Because i dont trust Alston at the PG, and even tho i want to keep McGrady..i don't think we can get an elite PG for Battier.

If we could combine Battier & Alston together in a package along with some fillers &/Or other players for a better PG, we'd easily have the best starting 5 in the league.