PDA

View Full Version : Buchholz needs to go down NOW!

Towelie
07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry but he isn't providing our team with solid innings and it's time to go down. Masterson need to be our 5th guy at this point.

Tragedy
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree.

He was nasty in AAA, but he has yet to cut it at the major league level. We can't give tryouts right now - We're in the midst of a losing streak while we're closing in on the stretch run.

Send him to AAA. I'll take Zink. I understand this is another tryout, but he has yet to fail at the majors the way Clay has.

BostonFan 53
07-29-2008, 09:52 PM
He actually pitched very well today. WIthout the Lowell/Cora errors, i don't think he gives up those runs. He was clearly shaken after that, but still had very good stuff.

PapelbonLester
07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
6 1/3 with 5 earned runs isnt bad you people need to relax. it gets so tense around the trade deadline but we are also shoppin buchholtz if its the right deal. he needs to be out there every fifth day he DOMINATED AAA has nothing more to prove.

laxtonto
07-29-2008, 11:40 PM
The real question is would how upset would everyone be if Bucholtz was dealt for say Salty Eddie Guardado and one of Texas's pile of prospects not named Feliz?

sboyajian
07-30-2008, 07:38 AM
The talent ceiling on Buccholz is so rediculously high, I don't endorse any trade including him.

That being said, something is going on right now and he needs to work it out in AAA.

Sadly I do consider 5 ER over 6 1/3 innings bad.. you don't leave the team much chance to win with 5 runs on the scoreboard for the other team.

The Intimidator
07-30-2008, 07:49 AM
I don't agree with this. Clay retired the first 7 batters he faced, until Lowell's error. That rattled him without question. Later in that third inning, Cora completely missed a grounder that led to a run. It was originally ruled an error, but was changed to a single. The bottom line is that it went under his glove, and they didn't get an out. Although all 5 runs were earned, I think that the whole game would have turned out differently if the defense was better in the third inning.

bagwell368
07-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Man... maturity, roto ball for thousands of dollars, BB (Belicek), and 2 WS titles are some of the things that have kept me off the ceiling all year (except my undying hatred of Lugo).

Wake up, time to write '08 off. Shaky bullpen, weak bottom 3rd of line-up. Once fearsome 3/4 hitters mortal now. Only way to win this year is wipe out the cupboard in the minors.

That won't happen, so instead of pretending by bringing in some 3rd rate RP, just call it for what it is, deal Manny + to get a killer minor league catcher and build for '09.

When we accept reality, then Bucholtz can have his time to work out the kinks, Masterson can go back to the rotation, and Wake can take a seat.

The Intimidator
07-30-2008, 07:58 AM
I agree.

He was nasty in AAA, but he has yet to cut it at the major league level. We can't give tryouts right now - We're in the midst of a losing streak while we're closing in on the stretch run.

Send him to AAA. I'll take Zink. I understand this is another tryout, but he has yet to fail at the majors the way Clay has.

I don't think that they would want to have two knuckleballers in the rotation...

sboyajian
07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Man... maturity, roto ball for thousands of dollars, BB (Belicek), and 2 WS titles are some of the things that have kept me off the ceiling all year (except my undying hatred of Lugo).

Wake up, time to write '08 off. Shaky bullpen, weak bottom 3rd of line-up. Once fearsome 3/4 hitters mortal now. Only way to win this year is wipe out the cupboard in the minors.

That won't happen, so instead of pretending by bringing in some 3rd rate RP, just call it for what it is, deal Manny + to get a killer minor league catcher and build for '09.

When we accept reality, then Bucholtz can have his time to work out the kinks, Masterson can go back to the rotation, and Wake can take a seat.

We're 2 games back from first and we lead the WC.. we've had injuries to some of our biggest players (Papi, Beckett, Dice-K, Lowell).. we hung in tough. Why would you throw the towel in now?

Intimidator - Buccholz definately needs to regain his composure in the minors if an error by his 3rd Baseman rattles him that much..

RedSoxtober
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
We're 2 games back from first and we lead the WC.. we've had injuries to some of our biggest players (Papi, Beckett, Dice-K, Lowell).. we hung in tough. Why would you throw the towel in now?

Intimidator - Buccholz definately needs to regain his composure in the minors if an error by his 3rd Baseman rattles him that much..

I'm on the fence right now about whether another WS is possible. I think we're playing and losing to the 2008 WS champs right now. The addition of Tex to that line up puts them other the top IMO.

I definitely agree about Buchholz. He does have something to prove. Those who deny it, please look at his performance there this year. While his overall numbers were dominant, he also had his worst outings right at the end and that followed him to MLB. Something like an error or a PB might frustrate you, but it cannot rattle you to the point of losing your composure.

He did pitch fairly well last night. Sucks that Gas Can Hansen allowed two of his runners to score; we might be talking about him differently today otherwise.

KingPapelbon
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
The real question is would how upset would everyone be if Bucholtz was dealt for say Salty Eddie Guardado and one of Texas's pile of prospects not named Feliz?

BUCHHOLZ

I know it's hard to do guys, but you're going to give me a friggen' brain hemorrhage. Learn his god damn name and spell it correctly.

lil'papi
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm on the fence right now about whether another WS is possible. I think we're playing and losing to the 2008 WS champs right now. The addition of Tex to that line up puts them other the top IMO.

I definitely agree about Buchholz. He does have something to prove. Those who deny it, please look at his performance there this year. While his overall numbers were dominant, he also had his worst outings right at the end and that followed him to MLB. Something like an error or a PB might frustrate you, but it cannot rattle you to the point of losing your composure.

He did pitch fairly well last night. Sucks that Gas Can Hansen allowed two of his runners to score; we might be talking about him differently today otherwise.

He pitched ok against Seattle too. He has a couple plays in that game missed behind him, then again last night where he had the ~deer in headlights look~. He is waiting for something bad to happen.

He is fine he pitched against the BEST team in BB and hung tough. Masterson is on an innings watch this year. Wake has pitched fine.

WE DID'NT score last last night! We need the offense to wake the F up.

IMHO, this Manny thing has really screwed with their psyche. I don't care what he does offensively his timing was impeccably horrendous.....the team is FLAT as a pancake. The young guys see this behaviour and it has affected them.

I'm far from writing the season off becasue we have a long way to go and rectify this team and get hot. One good hot streak and things look rosy again.

The clouds are though gathering but it doesn't look ominous yet.

Gas Can needs to go bye-bye , no more excuses. Sleep apnea, brain farts.....whatever he has been a roller coaster that always heads down the long hill. :rolleyes:

starting pitching is not the issue....we are fourth in the league. BP yes, offense at times yes....manny being a jerk yes......guys funking at time yes.

We will be ok.... I really believe it.

Tankjeep
07-30-2008, 10:05 AM

no playing so good and still in the hunt....there's a chance, if we can get on a hot streak.

ERLynx
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry but he isn't providing our team with solid innings and it's time to go down. Masterson need to be our 5th guy at this point.

without even reading the rest of the thread i will just say i agree.

PapelbonLester
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
lol this thread pisses me off. bring him down is the STUPIDEST thing you can do. good thing none of you are in charge. lets all blame clay for our team going 25 outs without a f...ing hit.......BLAME CLAY. he had a no hitter into the third too if i dont remember. oh what happened lowell f...ed up. then cora. thats 2 outs and no runs would have scored that inning. wait but oh well BLAME CLAY. you cant do much when the other pitcher throws a no-no into the 9th. start complaining about our HORRID line-up the past week thats scored like 5 runs in 5 games

sboyajian
07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
lol this thread pisses me off. bring him down is the STUPIDEST thing you can do. good thing none of you are in charge. lets all blame clay for our team going 25 outs without a f...ing hit.......BLAME CLAY. he had a no hitter into the third too if i dont remember. oh what happened lowell f...ed up. then cora. thats 2 outs and no runs would have scored that inning. wait but oh well BLAME CLAY. you cant do much when the other pitcher throws a no-no into the 9th. start complaining about our HORRID line-up the past week thats scored like 5 runs in 5 games

I assume by 5 runs in 5 games you are skipping the 9-2 victory over the yankees.

That's cool.

Buccholz shows flashes of greatness.. however, as said, if an error get's into his head that bad, he is not ready (not based on talent, but on mental strength). you can't let errors by your fielders affect you negatively. If anything it should cause you to step up.

cocossox
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry but he isn't providing our team with solid innings and it's time to go down. Masterson need to be our 5th guy at this point. agree Buchholz is all hype imo, other the no hitter hes shown me absolutely nothing sorry guys.

sboyajian
07-30-2008, 11:39 AM
agree Buchholz is all hype imo, other the no hitter hes shown me absolutely nothing sorry guys.

He definately isn't all hype.. he just lost his path a bit and hasn't found it yet.

cocossox
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
He definately isn't all hype.. he just lost his path a bit and hasn't found it yet.i hope your right jmo but from what I've seen hes not mantally tough enough but granted hes young hopfully things will change for him I'm just not sold on this kid sorry.

cocossox
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
He definately isn't all hype.. he just lost his path a bit and hasn't found it yet.i hope your right jmo but from what I've seen hes not mantally tough enough but granted hes young hopfully things will change for him I'm just not sold on this kid sorry.