PDA

View Full Version : Next Best Heat Rivalry?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Until the Knicks take Wade from us to play with Lebron in a few years and cement their fate as our most hated foe, which team will the Heat have the next biggest rivalry with? I thought about this watching the Marlins/Mets game last night.

My vote: Chicago. The other team trying to take Wade from us. And they jacked our number one pick. I must admit that Kobe / Wade match ups, especially around Christmas time, have been some of my favorite rivalry games over the past few years.

King Koopa
07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Who says hes going to the knicks??????

daleja424
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I love Kobe/Wade, Lebron/Wade, Heat/Knicks, and Heat/Bulls... but the bulls and knicks arent really a rivalry if they are lottery teams next year....so maybe Heat and Detroit could muster up some hatred...like a couple years ago...

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Good old fashioned, European soccer stadium grade animosity. How about a fresh approach? Miami/Raptors. These are two teams that are a few players away from being dominant. Plus that turncoat Kapono is there.

Master Mind
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Possible heated rivalry--

Heat vs. Chicago
Heat vs. Magic
Heat vs. 76ers
Heat vs. Suns
Heat vs. Celtics

daleja424
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I think a Miami/Detroit matchup could get chippy... defense on Wade, Beasley vs SHeed... could get nasty

fins08
07-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Besides PSD, i haven't seen Bulls as our rival being brought up. It is a PSD thing. Heat-Lakers was great when Shaq was here. Heat/Suns is a good idea. THe Magic could get intense- instate teams, old coach, same division, contenders. Knicks used to be great rivals. 76ers I don't see. Celtics maybe. THe Pistons are the best because of the ECF's and how dirty and phsical they got. I hate the Pistons more than anybody else.

LayZbone
07-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Until the Knicks take Wade from us to play with Lebron in a few years and cement their fate as our most hated foe, which team will the Heat have the next biggest rivalry with? I thought about this watching the Marlins/Mets game last night.

My vote: Chicago. The other team trying to take Wade from us. And they jacked our number one pick. I must admit that Kobe / Wade match ups, especially around Christmas time, have been some of my favorite rivalry games over the past few years.

:pity: :no:

noturnormalhero
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
im from the old school so i still hold the Knicks rivarly over any other team but in the recent years..i guess you say the Pistons and Chicago

Master Mind
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Besides PSD, i haven't seen Bulls as our rival being brought up. It is a PSD thing. Heat-Lakers was great when Shaq was here. Heat/Suns is a good idea. THe Magic could get intense- instate teams, old coach, same division, contenders. Knicks used to be great rivals. 76ers I don't see. Celtics maybe. THe Pistons are the best because of the ECF's and how dirty and phsical they got. I hate the Pistons more than anybody else.

It looked like something was brewing between the Sixers and the Heat but it was more of Wade and Carney dunking on each other...And plus Brand opting out to sign with another team in the east not named Miami Heat should stir something up, besides Beasley vs. Brand should be a good match up...Iggy vs. Wade another good match up...

As for the Pistons, they're on the verge of declining with age setting in...Shaq was one of the reasons why that Heat-Pistons rivalry was intense (and the playoffs), it's just not the same without the diesel...But I also hate the Pistons too!!!

Heat vs. Suns---Wade led Heat vs. Shaq led Suns
Heat vs. Magic---Spoelstra vs. Van Gundy...Instate rivalry
Heat vs. Celtics---BMW vs. Boston 3 party

noturnormalhero
07-29-2008, 09:09 PM
the pistons was pretty much because of playoffs..dats about it. the knicks was dope cuz of reg season meetings and playoffs. buzzer beaters and of course the 2 fights helped too lol

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
:pity: :no:

I think you should know I have a phobia of mutes.

LayZbone
07-29-2008, 10:21 PM
I think you should know I have a phobia of mutes.

k.

I pity you (:pity:)

because...

there is no(:no:) reason to assume Wade is leaving for NY in '10.

To answer the thread, I think the next big rivalry will continue to be Miami v. Chicago...Beasley v. Rose. Also the Magic and maybe the Suns.

DQL
07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Beasley v. Rose
Heat v. Bulls
Heat fans v. Bulls fans

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
You don't really pity me. Saying you pity someone is a passive aggressive insult. You are being insincere.

In any case, I think that the prospect of playing for the biggest market on the biggest stage for MD who has been forging a relationship with him the past few years of Team USA is not far fetched. They certainly will be willing to pay him plenty.

Then there is the attraction of possibly playing alongside Lebron who has certainly been rumored to go to NY Knicks or Brooklyn. And the Knicks will pay whatever it takes up and above the luxury tax because that's how they roll.
It is possible that Chicago might be a more likely scenario for Wade it being his home town and all, but the Knicks are moving to a up tempo system that would highly favor Wade. And if I id not mention it before, Wade is all about the money (see thread).

You act as if I pulled a live cat out of my assssss. Your incredulity is valid since every team and their mother will be after him including Miami but I question your inability to consider the possibility. Think Jersey sales and ticket sales and sneaker sales. If I were Wade I would certainly consider it and I think any reasonable player and his agent would too.

daleja424
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
nevermind.

daleja424
07-29-2008, 10:55 PM
You don't really pity me. Saying you pity someone is a passive aggressive insult. You are being insincere.

In any case, I think that the prospect of playing for the biggest market on the biggest stage for MD who has been forging a relationship with him the past few years of Team USA is not far fetched. They certainly will be willing to pay him plenty.

Then there is the attraction of possibly playing alongside Lebron who has certainly been rumored to go to NY Knicks or Brooklyn. And the Knicks will pay whatever it takes up and above the luxury tax because that's how they roll.
It is possible that Chicago might be a more likely scenario for Wade it being his home town and all, but the Knicks are moving to a up tempo system that would highly favor Wade. And if I id not mention it before, Wade is all about the money (see thread).

You act as if I pulled a live cat out of my assssss. Your incredulity is valid since every team and their mother will be after him including Miami but I question your inability to consider the possibility. Think Jersey sales and ticket sales and sneaker sales. If I were Wade I would certainly consider it and I think any reasonable player and his agent would too.

1) Wade lead the league in jersey sales a couple years ago despite playing in our "little" market...
2) There is no way that NY can get both players the way their team currently looks...
3) Tahnk god your not wade...:D

LayZbone
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM

It's possible of course...but rumors like these pop up with every single superstar once their contract is up. although, just the thought of Lebron and Wade on the same team seems extremely farfetched. When in history has a single team hit the jackpot by signing two juggernaut, poster child superstars in the same offseason? I'll consider the possibility that he could head to a big market team like NY, or his home town Chicago in 2010...but I'd like to think that he's happy in Miami, and happy with the direction we're headed.

It just bothered me that you said it like it was a done deal, in the bag, 100% true that he's going to leave us when his contract is up. Let me ask you this...have you completely ruled out the possibility of him re-signing?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I pray every day he re-signs with the Heat. MD is an offensive wizard and Wade can sell even more jerseys, shoes, apparel in NY because it has more people, home crowd. As far as where this came from I refer you to Zo's summer groove where Miami fans were chanting for them to play together. And they laughed about it and smiled at each other. Who would have the money to get them both? The Knicks do. Imagine the dynasty. FYI: Miami is about 3 million people. NY is 9 million. I'll leave you to crunch the numbers.

greek miami hea
07-30-2008, 04:18 AM
so,cant they both play in miami?

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 08:15 AM
i think the new rivalry is Heat vs Bulls.. and now even more so because of Beasley vs Rose. tho its not a hate rivalry.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-30-2008, 09:06 AM
i think the new rivalry is Heat vs Bulls.. and now even more so because of Beasley vs Rose. tho its not a hate rivalry.

So it's a friendly rivalry? That's no really fun. I also don't think that the Bulls are a playoff team next season. I'm sorry I don't. The more I think about them the more I think they are not worthy of being our rivals. I know this seems like a bit of a 360 from when I posted this thread but though I agree with your arguments, I think that the Raptors and Hawks have gotten better. Maybe we should be hating on Hot-Lanta.

noturnormalhero
07-30-2008, 09:13 AM
So it's a friendly rivalry? That's no really fun. I also don't think that the Bulls are a playoff team next season. I'm sorry I don't. The more I think about them the more I think they are not worthy of being our rivals. I know this seems like a bit of a 360 from when I posted this thread but though I agree with your arguments, I think that the Raptors and Hawks have gotten better. Maybe we should be hating on Hot-Lanta.

since when do we create rivalries cuz a team is getting better? seems like jealously more than "hating on" the team. Like ive said, rivalries should have tradition, which is why i still consider the Knicks our biggest rivalries. Sure it's died out with some people, but for me as a Heat fan from the expansion season, i still hold on to it (not saying everyone else does or should). Right now the Bulls seem like a potential because of our "recent" history with them in the playoffs and reg. season battles and now to add gas to the small lit fire, this whole Beasley and Rose issue. I do agree, to me the Bulls arent a playoff team, even if they do acquire Brad Miller in those supposed trade rumors. The East is already better than last year, and trades and FA signings arent even over.

greek miami hea
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I Think Its The Bulls.but I Still Hate The Mavericks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dallas Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!miami Rulez!!!!!!!!!

rico
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
bulls baby. it will be more interesting if somehow we can land another good piece. i mean you guys have 2 superstars and everyone knows beasley is a scoring beast.

we really dont have a go to guy. right now its like this

PG - Rose/Hinrich > whoever u use
SG Wade > whoever we use
SF Deng > Beasley (because of D, experience)
PF Marion > whoever we use
C Noah slightly better than whoever you use unless you sign apiece.

but the main thing is wade, beasley and marion are scoring machines so... if our defense can stop that it will be interesting, but if we can acquire mike miller for nocioni as rumors are bein gsaid that will be a nice piece to have.

or somehow acquire AI/vince carter at SG, that would REALLY be interesting

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
a rivalry doesn't have to be about an outright hatred for a team... like we used to have with the knicks.. lol.

daleja424
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I love to have a team to hate though...and thats usually where rivalries start...

HeatBBall
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I love to have a team to hate though...and thats usually where rivalries start...

thats very true. i've still got hate for the bulls really from when they swept us in the playoffs 2 years ago. damn bulls fans were in our stadium when i went to the game rubbing it in.. i was pissed!!! lol.

danbola
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
The top 3 rivalries that come to mind this year will be:
Heat v Bulls
Heat v Detroit
Heat v Cavs

Nobody cares anymore about the Knicks while they suck. The games we play against Phoenix could will be fun to watch, but we wont play them enough.

noturnormalhero
07-30-2008, 12:41 PM
The top 3 rivalries that come to mind this year will be:
Heat v Bulls
Heat v Detroit
Heat v Cavs

Nobody cares anymore about the Knicks while they suck. The games we play against Phoenix could will be fun to watch, but we wont play them enough.

a team that "sucks" or "isnt as good" doesnt mean people forget about it. dont know how much you follow college football but did u not see the hurricanes and FSU last year? horrible years but that game was still intense because it's a rivarly. cavs is a good possibility which no one else mentioned (or at least i didnt see it)

jrodmesche
07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
1.bulls-rose vs. B-Easy
2.dallas-championship
3.suns-shaq

MOHA
07-30-2008, 01:41 PM
I still love The Heat and Knicks Rivalry.

noturnormalhero
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
I still love The Heat and Knicks Rivalry.

finally. someone who knows wzup.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-30-2008, 05:22 PM
There is plenty of Miami/New York Rivalry in football and baseball. thin of the Jets and Mets recently. We need to hate on a new city.

Hating a team that has might not even make the playoffs is an exercise in futility. If they play better this year, Chicago might be worthy of our contempt, that's all I'm saying.

Pran Raznor
07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I love Kobe/Wade, Lebron/Wade, Heat/Knicks, and Heat/Bulls... but the bulls and knicks arent really a rivalry if they are lottery teams next year....so maybe Heat and Detroit could muster up some hatred...like a couple years ago...

Last I checked you won 15 games...why don't you take Beasley out of HOF and see what he does first?

jgray305
07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Great rivalries begin in the post season. So, this question of rivalry can't be answered on any real substantive basis. Therefore, the knicks and chicago rivalries are dead. However, Orlando seems to be a natural. Proximity, same division, spurned coach...

SwaggaIke
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM
A Cavs-Heat rivalry had been brewing before we shitted out last year. LeBron and Wade had a lot of great matchups. People can't tell me the Miami-Piston rivalry isn't still hot. I remember us playing a damn good game against them late in the season at the Palace. Had a chance to win it too. Bulls v.s Heat is definitely still a burning rivalry, not just a PSD thing. We have had two hot series' against each other. They have embarrassed us and we have embarrassed them.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-31-2008, 01:07 PM
i think its goin to be with

Heat- cavs
Heat- pistons
Heat- bulls