PDA

View Full Version : Can we sue the packers if they do not put #4 on the field...

mntnvew
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Or sue the NFL because isn't the NFL about competition? If Packers management say, you can come back but you have to be the water boy, cant we sue the NFL under the terms that the Packers are not putting the "best" team on the field? I mean we KNOW #4 is the better QB and if the Packers management doesn't allow him to at least compete, isn't that breaking some sort of competition rule? I mean could you just take Marino in his prime and tell him to fetch sandwiches for the other players on the team because you didn't like him (or your ego was too big)?

Any attorneys out there that can answer this for me?

Thanks in advance!

:confused:

servais77
07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
My wife's a lawyer.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I am a pre-law minor and considering going to law school, but i really don't know what to tell you about this scenario. You can file a law suit about practically anything but i would imagine that you wouldn't win something like this. I don't think the Packers have to let him compete for the starting job if they don't want to. Its their choice who is on the field even if the fans think that the management is wrong

mntnvew
07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I am a pre-law minor and considering going to law school, but i really don't know what to tell you about this scenario. You can file a law suit about practically anything but i would imagine that you wouldn't win something like this. I don't think the Packers have to let him compete for the starting job if they don't want to. Its their choice who is on the field even if the fans think that the management is wrong

Thanks... then why not let the popwarner kids out there? I mean seriously if it is "at the teams discretion" is OK for 99.9% but this is #4 were talking about not some unproven player, but arguably the best to ever play the position.

Seems to me that if "egos" can control who is on the field then what the heck good is the NFL offices in NY?

darwin31
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Or sue the NFL because isn't the NFL about competition? If Packers management say, you can come back but you have to be the water boy, cant we sue the NFL under the terms that the Packers are not putting the "best" team on the field? I mean we KNOW #4 is the better QB and if the Packers management doesn't allow him to at least compete, isn't that breaking some sort of competition rule? I mean could you just take Marino in his prime and tell him to fetch sandwiches for the other players on the team because you didn't like him (or your ego was too big)?

Any attorneys out there that can answer this for me?

Thanks in advance!

:confused:

I think you have a pretty good case against the GB BOE.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks... then why not let the popwarner kids out there? I mean seriously if it is "at the teams discretion" is OK for 99.9% but this is #4 were talking about not some unproven player, but arguably the best to ever play the position.

Seems to me that if "egos" can control who is on the field then what the heck good is the NFL offices in NY?

Yeah to tell you the truth i don't know, we have never had scenarios like this in any of my law classes haha. As much as i hate to say it i think the "egos" have that right to keep who they want off of the field. If they don't have that power then should they have the power to call their own plays, draft their own players, or sign their own free agents?

wwfd1220
07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
as a season ticket holder. it is effecting how much i can sell my tickets for.LOL but, oh well i am just gonna eat them this year. that way nobody can patronize the organization on my tickets. **** them, if they cannot put the best team on the field. i am not patronizing green bay until they do. i am going on strike. i will take all of my tickets for every game and burn them while watching the packers lose. at the end of every game i will burn that games tickets. the front office has pissed me off that much.

socalpkrbkr
07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
My wife's a lawyer.

So what did she say?

as a season ticket holder. it is effecting how much i can sell my tickets for.LOL but, oh well i am just gonna eat them this year. that way nobody can patronize the organization on my tickets. **** them, if they cannot put the best team on the field. i am not patronizing green bay until they do. i am going on strike. i will take all of my tickets for every game and burn them while watching the packers lose. at the end of every game i will burn that games tickets. the front office has pissed me off that much.

Smack, smack, smack, smack, come back wwfd1220! It's still the Packers man. Don't go doing nothing crazy like that.:badidea:

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 09:32 PM

I'll buy your tickets.

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen yet. The worst part is you guys are talking about this subject seriously! Its laughable!!!

mntnvew
07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen yet. The worst part is you guys are talking about this subject seriously! Its laughable!!!

So am I to take it that you think the NFL would be better if there was NO COMPETITION?

Come on there is nothing laughable about wanting to watch competitive football (and pay to do so, NFL ticket subscribers).

Who the heck watches non-competitive games I ask you? NO ONE, they turn them off before there over to watch a game worth watching.

That is where I am coming from.

The NFL has to have some sort of rules to force a team into doing what is right in the spirit of the competition and not what it's GM thinks is right.

Applicable, in this situation anyways.

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
When the NFL begins to tell teams who they should play because they are better, it will officially become the DFL (Dictatorship Football League)

This thread began with the asinine idea that an individual disagrees with how team management fielded its team and that this could possibly lead to legal action.

That is ridiculous any way you look at it.

Those people are paid to make decisions. Some are good, some are bad. Their goal is to win. Their goal is to make money. Sometimes they make unpopular decisions. Live with it.

Can I sue them.....hahahahaha

mntnvew
07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
When the NFL begins to tell teams who they should play because they are better, it will officially become the DFL (Dictatorship Football League)

This thread began with the asinine idea that an individual disagrees with how team management fielded its team and that this could possibly lead to legal action.

Those people are paid to make decisions. Some are good, some are bad. Their goal is to win. Their goal is to make money. Sometimes they make unpopular decisions. Live with it.

You said it, they are supposed to be paid to make decisions that lead to WINNING. How is not allowing #4 to compete for starting QB doing that? It isnt, that is my point, the NFL has to have some rules, or should have, stating that they have to have healthy competition, not just sit a guy with #4's abilities because they are ego maniacs.

TT has always stated "best team on the field, blah blah" but then he says #4 is a back up? That is 100% an oxymoron.

I may have went about asking my question wrong, maybe I should have asked if the NFL has competition rules that would force the packers to allow him to at least compete for the position, vs. suing comment.

BrewCityBuck
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
TT has always stated "best team on the field, blah blah" but then he says #4 is a back up? That is 100% an oxymoron.

Like I said to the guy yesterday, every GM says he's going to put the best team on the field as possible, it's just a stupid thing ever GM says. My point is, how dense can you be not to see through the manage speak or management smoke? Obviously Ted Thompson wants to put the best team on the field, but sometimes you have to go through some struggles with a young QB for the better of your franchise in the long term. Ugh, I don't know how many more idiots I have to explain this to.

servais77
07-30-2008, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=socalpkrbkr;6061114]So what did she say?

I didn't ask...She thinks I am obsessed with sports as it is. She would probably tell me to get a life.

On a side note I would say she would say no.

SDteacher
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM

Thanks for saying something. I still can't belive this thread.

SDteacher
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM

That is by far the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted.

wwfd1220
07-30-2008, 06:16 PM
That is by far the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted.

yeah i know... i am just soooo sick of hearing about it. day in and day out, just let favre play for god sakes already. there is freakin way this team is better with rodgers running the offense. i have paid thousands and thousands of dollars over the years to this franchise. i want the BEST team on the god damn football field. sorry if i went off my gourd there

dbroncos78087
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
This seems like a ridiculous idea.

ryanph30
07-30-2008, 06:57 PM
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

JETty12213
07-30-2008, 09:58 PM
:clap:wow just wow

Soop
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
:laugh2: It is kind of funny.

This seems like a ridiculous idea.

x2

smellsam44
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
can we put this thread to sleep? it has no right to exist on this forum.