PDA

View Full Version : An Inconvenient Player: Anderson Verejao

CavsYanksDuke
07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Honestly, I have no idea about the market when it comes to possible trades and, most importantly in this case, what other teams actually think of Verajao. I do know though that he wants more money than we're going to give him and we just signed on JJ Hickson and all signs are pointing to Andy leaving us.

So, realistically, what can we get for this guy? If this has been talked about to death, then just press back and ignore this. But I'm pretty curious as to the level of payback we can get for this afro'd up PF.

Cavs_Fan24
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
im thinking we may get a good role player
maybe Denver could be interested since they traded Camby, they could be in the market for a big man, and we could get a guy like JR Smith for him

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I think in a packaged deal we could get pretty good value for him. What I'm saying is if he isn't the only guy in the trade.

Sbank
07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
I see him going in a trade. Anderson Verejao has an option to out out of his contract after this season. I see him doing it if he still here at the end of the season. Andrew nothing special on offense. Defense is more of his game and he tries his hardest on offense and defense and that why he a fan favorite.

Cavs_Fan24
07-30-2008, 10:05 AM
well, he used to be a fan favourite
now it seems like every Cavs fan is against him and wants him out
and i think the organization wants him gone aswell
i dont expect him to be in a Cavs uni come February after the deadline

IndiansFan337
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
He's a very valuable player. But that is one reason why we have talked about trading him. Most of our players are not available(LeBron, Boobie, Z), expiring contracts(Wally, Smith, Snow, Jones), or bad contracts that no one wants(Wallace, Pavlovic). So Varejao comes as one of the only valuable players that we could trade or pair with an expiring contract or two in a trade to get something of value.

Cavs_Fan24
07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
He's a very valuable player. But that is one reason why we have talked about trading him. Most of our players are not available(LeBron, Boobie, Z), expiring contracts(Wally, Smith, Snow, Jones), or bad contracts that no one wants(Wallace, Pavlovic). So Varejao comes as one of the only valuable players that we could trade or pair with an expiring contract or two in a trade to get something of value.

which is basically why we have to get rid of him while we still have him cuz he's opting out of his contract at the end of the year
we should trade him now and at least get something for him

monster_mash
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree with pretty much everything. He's valuable to us as on court talent and trade bait. I also think its pretty much a given he opts out and signs somewhere else next season. Unless the Cavs are on pace for 73 wins around February next year, AV will be balling in another city. Also agree he WAS a fan favorite. I think all the fair weather fans see the greedy contract parts of it. But us true fans understand he is an energy guy who plays at 100mph all the time. Even in the bad...crossover..spin move...drive through the lane lay up. This just kills me...I just really appreciate that he plays hard all the time.

Sbank
07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
which is basically why we have to get rid of him while we still have him cuz he's opting out of his contract at the end of the year
we should trade him now and at least get something for him

If we were going to trade him I would expect him to be traded at the trade dead line. Why give him away when right now when he won't land us anything worth getting like a super star or a need for our team during the season.

Cavs_Fan24
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
but what happens if he starts having more injury problems during the reg. season?then we're really screwed over.
i wouldn't take that risk, it'd be a risk that could help us in the long-run, but, if we can get something good for him now, our team would have more time to develop some chemistry unlike last year when we made the deal at the deadline
but i do understand where your coming from

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
but what happens if he starts having more injury problems during the reg. season?then we're really screwed over.
i wouldn't take that risk, it'd be a risk that could help us in the long-run, but, if we can get something good for him now, our team would have more time to develop some chemistry unlike last year when we made the deal at the deadline
but i do understand where your coming from

I'm sure if Ferry found the right trade before the season he would do so, but its not that easy to just say "lets trade him now". Teams actually have to give us the value that Ferry wants, I think Ferry would try a package deal with Andy like Wall & Andy for someone.

Talm
07-31-2008, 01:43 PM
He's young, he's got a great contract (just 1 year at $5 mil) making him very low risk for a team to look at him, he plays with a ton of energy and hustle and he's a big... He would have tremendous talent for most teams. The Cavaliers tend to build their team in the frontcourt first and then worry about the backcourt. It's a solid plan for a defense-oriented team, and as a result Varejao has limited minutes and has been established as a role-player. He and his agent feel he can grow significantly if given some room to develop, and are frustrated by the Cavaliers' refusal to implement Andy in a long-term plan. Until Dec. 5th we can't trade Andy unless he agrees to be traded, which will make things semi-difficult as Varejao's self-perceived value seems to be keeping that list very small (and he wants to go somewhere he is a part of the future, not an expiring contract) but after Dec. 5th he'll loose that leverage.

If we don't deal him soon, expect an early Christmas present.

monster_mash
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Don't forget about Dec. 22 I believe. This is when AV can get traded to the Bobcats. Due to the contract offer last year and all.

AMC31
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I hate Andy, I hope we trade him the minute we can on December 22.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I hate Andy, I hope we trade him the minute we can on December 22.

I actually have that date marked into my phone, that is the day I think some serious rumors will be flying around the Cavaliers making a big trade.

IndiansFan337
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Don't forget about Dec. 22 I believe. This is when AV can get traded to the Bobcats. Due to the contract offer last year and all.

I don't think that we can trade him to the Bobcats at all.

I think December 22nd is when we can trade him without his consent. He basically has a NTC until then.

monster_mash
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
W e can trade him to the Bobcats. But we can't do it until 1yr after he signed that contract with them last season. Which was the 3rd week of December. As for NTC's...I believe there is only 1 player in the league with a NTC.

IndiansFan337
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
W e can trade him to the Bobcats. But we can't do it until 1yr after he signed that contract with them last season. Which was the 3rd week of December. As for NTC's...I believe there is only 1 player in the league with a NTC.

If a player signs an offer sheet with another team (In this case, the Bobcats) & then his previous team matches it (the Cavs), then the player and/or his agent have the right to block any trade for the next one year.

Therefore, he has a NTC until mid-December.