PDA

View Full Version : louis Williams???

flyboy193
07-29-2008, 04:42 PM
According to a league source, the Cavs have talked to Philadelphia 76ers guard Louis Williams, another restricted free agent. Williams, 21, is a 6-foot-2, 175-pounder who averaged 12 points for the Sixers last season. He has reportedly turned down a contract starting at $3.9 million from the Sixers

Why will the cavs want louis williams???

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
According to a league source, the Cavs have talked to Philadelphia 76ers guard Louis Williams, another restricted free agent. Williams, 21, is a 6-foot-2, 175-pounder who averaged 12 points for the Sixers last season. He has reportedly turned down a contract starting at $3.9 million from the Sixers

Why will the cavs want louis williams???

Maybe because they think he has loads of potential. More then Gibson and West have.

Cavs_Fan24
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
cuz we need a PG, he's not a true PG, but hey, we'd take it
for the right price though
and that's only if Delonte decides to sign with that Euro team, otherwise i dont see why adding another combo guard is needed
unless Danny Ferry has a trade in the works that's trading a guy like Wally or Sasha
or else we'd have way too many guards

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
cuz we need a PG, he's not a true PG, but hey, we'd take it
for the right price though
and that's only if Delonte decides to sign with that Euro team, otherwise i dont see why adding another combo guard is needed
unless Danny Ferry has a trade in the works that's trading a guy like Wally or Sasha
or else we'd have way too many guards

I would go after him pretty hard just because that allows us to trade West one of our few valuable on the court pieces (instead of expiring contract value).

monster_mash
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
I would go after him pretty hard just because that allows us to trade West one of our few valuable on the court pieces (instead of expiring contract value).

Agreed 1000 times over. A package of West and Av plus an expiring contract could net us a nice player. Atlanta could use both of them...

West and Williams #'s are damn close in all the major categories.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Agreed 1000 times over. A package of West and Av plus an expiring contract could net us a nice player. Atlanta could use both of them...

West and Williams #'s are damn close in all the major categories.

I still don't see why the Sixers would let a guy like Williams slip away..

Sbank
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't mind getting him. Low risk high reward guy we could have as a back up point guard. Then we wouldn't have to deal with West trying to get a deal he wants then the one we offering him.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-29-2008, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't mind getting him. Low risk high reward guy we could have as a back up point guard. Then we wouldn't have to deal with West trying to get a deal he wants then the one we offering him.

If we didn't sign West I'm sure Williams would start over Gibson. He has more experience at the PG position.

Sbank
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
If we didn't sign West I'm sure Williams would start over Gibson. He has more experience at the PG position.

That if we could sign him. I do agree he would be starting at PG if we lost West to European team.

IndiansFan337
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Williams is a restricted F/A.

He came out of HS, so he's still young. I believe he's 22 or 23 now.

Therefore, the Sixers are going to match any offer sheet that he would sign.

Cavs_Fan24
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Williams is a restricted F/A.

He came out of HS, so he's still young. I believe he's 22 or 23 now.

Therefore, the Sixers are going to match any offer sheet that he would sign.

that really sucks for us:down:
well, forget about Louis Williams comin to Cleveland next year

i seriously hate this restricted free-agent crap!
all it does is piss off players that want to leave, and create madness for the organization with that player's rights. at least that's what it seems like

FreeseDogg
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
yeah, according to this article (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/100-07302008-1570132.html), lou turned down a 3.9 million dollar offer from the 76ers and all you guys could offer would be 3.65 million and that's AFTER eric snow comes off the books.

he'll most likely be resigned in philly. sorry, boys.

29$JerZ
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Cavs should go for scorer. IMO Daniel and West is good enough at the 1 because LeBron is really the one who controls the ball.

Get Ben Gordon

monster_mash
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
yeah, according to this article (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/100-07302008-1570132.html), lou turned down a 3.9 million dollar offer from the 76ers and all you guys could offer would be 3.65 million and that's AFTER eric snow comes off the books.

he'll most likely be resigned in philly. sorry, boys.

Isn't that what the 5.67m mid level exception is for. Yea I'm sure Philly would match it though. Still........Danny........Ferry......PLEASE.SOmeth ing...

Cavs_Fan24
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Cavs should go for scorer. IMO Daniel and West is good enough at the 1 because LeBron is really the one who controls the ball.

Get Ben Gordon

maybe Ben Gordon could be a possibility?
i never really thought of that before. but i really doubt they'd trade him to a team in the same division

Talm
07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
He'd have to be part of a sign-and-trade, and since we're talking to Williams, we're probably trying to find out what salary he'd agree to. Cleveland doesn't have a ton to entice philly, but since their owner is more frugal and likely to go at least $12 mil over the luxury tax after signing Andre Iguodala, it is very possible they'd have a lot of interest in Eric Snow. ($7 mil off the cap right after being traded). Problem is Philly will want West to be part of the deal as well, but I'm pretty certain West is being baited in a separate trade, and we're looking at Williams to fill our soon-to-be void at PG. If we can't land Williams though, the West trade is going to fall through.

monster_mash
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
So Williams reportedly re-signed with the Sixers....Next?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
So Williams reportedly re-signed with the Sixers....Next?

Either way I feel Ferry has to have some sort of plan now. Obviously it changes as people are moved and it also is changed as teams start settling into their 2008-2009 records. So at this point in time I think its up to the NBA regular season in who is available or not. Its nearly impossible to predict.

Shieldsz
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
It is reported he signed a 5 year 25 million contract with the Sixers.