PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre faxes in reinstatement papers

tripleplay2007
07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
According to Chris Mortenson Brett Favre has faxed his reinstatement papers to the comissioner's office.

NYMetros
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Brett Favre has faxed his reinstatement request to the league office.

Once the NFL reinstates Favre, the Packers must decide whether to release him, trade him or allow him to rejoin the team as a member of the active roster.

rotoworld

servais77
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the Circus that we like to call the Green Bay Packers training camp.

iam brett favre
07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
:speechless: Its official!

4favre4
07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
How long until he gets to come to camp ?
As in when will he be allowed back by the comishiner

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I would think by tomorrow.

Smithy04
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Goodell says tomorrow probably, but TT doesn't want him to show up so that he doesn't get fired.

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
The commish will probably reinstate him by tomorrow, but I think now TT is asking for even more time. Favre made a mistake and retired early, he's going to play this year. We have the option to take him back(which is the best option for the Packers) or let him go. Either way, he's playing. If we're not going to let him play with us, we have to get him to another team, he needs to get into camp and throw some passes to his receivers like right now. It's a messy situation, but one our management has brought upon us. The train has been headed on this course for about 4 years now, nobody should be that shocked. They tried calling Favre's bluff and now he's called theirs. If they were going to trade him they should have done it by now. I know its not easy, but Favre asked to come back almost a month ago. They have yet to take trading him seriously, and seem pretty adamant about not letting him back, not even to compete. If they're not gonna trade him, they need to man up and take him back, and put the best possible team on the field that you can. It's how every team should be run, and if it's being run otherwise, something is wrong.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I think TT has to take him back..at least for now. He has known for a while that Favre wanted to come back and he should have traded him to avoid a circus like camp is going to become. Brett was generous and gave TT an extra two days but how long do you expect him to wait. Favre should be there tmrw

papipapsmanny
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
thompson can go **** himself

darwin31
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I think TT has to take him back..at least for now. He has known for a while that Favre wanted to come back and he should have traded him to avoid a circus like camp is going to become. Brett was generous and gave TT an extra two days but how long do you expect him to wait. Favre should be there tmrw

Under what capacity does he take him back? As a starter, compete for the job? Either of those makes him a liar and went through this ordeal for nothing. As a backup? That senario will divide the team and thompson wont make it past the preseason.

wwfd1220
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Under what capacity does he take him back? As a starter, compete for the job? Either of those makes him a liar and went through this ordeal for nothing. As a backup? That senario will divide the team and thompson wont make it past the preseason.

sounds like a win, win situation too me LOL

wwfd1220
07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
i think that tt has to let him join now. or the players union, and the nfl are gonna be on him bigtime. he will let favre practice and hope some q.b. gets hurt

darwin31
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
i think that tt has to let him join now. or the players union, and the nfl are gonna be on him bigtime. he will let favre practice and hope some q.b. gets hurt

Better hope Thompson has a goon squad he can send out and do a "Nancy Kerrigan" on someones qb becuase everyday Favre is in camp will be a hell that young team is not ready for.

servais77
07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
I would honestly respect Thompson a helluva lot more if he traded him to the highest bidder at this point. If that is the Vikings, so be it. Maybe they get a first rounder from them. Either way the Packer's season is pretty much ****ed and we are officially rebuilding starting now.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I would honestly respect Thompson a helluva lot more if he traded him to the highest bidder at this point. If that is the Vikings, so be it. Maybe they get a first rounder from them. Either way the Packer's season is pretty much ****ed and we are officially rebuilding starting now.

No, no, no i would never want to see him in a Vikings uniform. I still don't believe that our season is over and its time to rebuild yet. I wouldn't even care as much if he went to the Bears or Lions because i don't think they have a shot for a Super Bowl. The Vikings however would and i just can't see TT letting that happen

Brunner
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I support Favre on this. I want him back. He gives us the best shot. That being said, Favre made bad moves that has driven this animosity. Favre would have been the starting QB if...

He said said, "Hey Ted, I want to come back, make me a backup if you want, but I want to be a Packer."

At this point the media picks up on this and is 100% behind Favre. It looks selfless, and rallies fans to push 100% for Favre as the starter. This divide started when it was announced that Favre asked for a release. He alienated a lot of Packers fans with those comments. I wish Favre had taken a different path, and I dont think it will work out, but I still hope he is the starter for our team.

Brooke
07-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Go Brett! You're move Teddy

Soop
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
:speechless: Its official!

I told you he was playing football again.

newdude
07-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes, Favre's back, well at least to football.

And Yes, to Sooper changing his icon.

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I hope he gets traded as soon as possible. He has no say on where he goes now, and since he is officially back it should make trade talks a little easier. No speculation on "will he or won't he un-retire." I can't wait for this whole fiasco to be over.

hughest4
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I hope he gets traded as soon as possible. He has no say on where he goes now, and since he is officially back it should make trade talks a little easier. No speculation on "will he or won't he un-retire." I can't wait for this whole fiasco to be over.

I don't really understand how him being reinstated makes it easier for him to be traded? If he gets traded somewhere he doesn't want to go wouldn't he have the option of retiring again? I still think its going to be tough to trade him and i hope we don't. I wan't to know what MM's "plan" for Favre is when he gets to Training Camp

newdude
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Actually he kinda does, bcuz he can "veto" the trade if he gets traded somewhere he didn't like.

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Not anymore. That veto power was conditional on his being on the reserved/retired list. By being an active member on the roster, they can ship him and his rights where ever they want. All he can do then is decide to retire again, but his rights will remain with the team he was traded to.

Ryan Diesel
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
No, if he doesn't go to the team he's traded to, his rights go back to the Packers.

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I think the trade should be easier for because:

According to reports, seems teams were skeptical on whether he would actually play if he was traded, hence the Packers giving them permission to talk to Favre and see how he would feel about being traded to them. By him filing, it might be easier for the Packers to get a trade done without having to persuade the other team he will actually come out of retirement. I guess they still have to talk to Favre to make sure he won't screw the other team after the trade, but if he really wants to play then maybe it should not matter. Who knows what is going to happen. As long as he is not in Minnesota, at this point I don't really care what happens. Too many unknowns in this whole thing. Maybe he lives the American dream (from Office Space) and gets paid 12 million dollars to do nothing, except maybe two chicks at the same time.

newdude
07-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Not anymore. That veto power was conditional on his being on the reserved/retired list. By being an active member on the roster, they can ship him and his rights where ever they want. All he can do then is decide to retire again, but his rights will remain with the team he was traded to.

No, he still got it.

NFL.com- "Basically, if Favre unretires he gets to play where he wants."
"So now it is Favre -- not the Packers -- who fully controls where the iconic quarterback spends the upcoming season."

junior_trane
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I read the information I am stating somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. When I do I will post it. Only Packers and Favre know what is in his contract I guess.

newdude
07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Well Adam Schefter(?) reported it and he is pretty consistent in his news.

Brendan
07-30-2008, 01:06 AM
The Packers team president is flying to Mississippi to ask Favre not to show up to training camp

Ryan Diesel
07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Well I hope Favre asks him to lick his balls.

MaloDaw9
07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
it makes me wanna puke how the packers are handling this.. they wont let him compete for the starting job and they wont release him.. farve is the guy who saved the packers from extinction..farve is a living legend and should b released to do what he wants..play football and win.

Brooke
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
it makes me wanna puke how the packers are handling this.. they wont let him compete for the starting job and they wont release him.. farve is the guy who saved the packers from extinction..farve is a living legend and should b released to do what he wants..play football and win.

yep the morons want it both ways. Brett isn't going to give in if that is what they think will happen

wissportsfan
07-30-2008, 07:16 PM
To be honest I still see TT doing nothing. It's going to hurt a lot of fans to see Favre on the bench.

bucksbeat
07-30-2008, 08:51 PM
To be honest I still see TT doing nothing. It's going to hurt a lot of fans to see Favre on the bench.

Can you imagine his consecutive games started streak ending by being benched for Aaron friggin' Rodgers?

Let's say Favre will not be on the Packers roster come September.... Do any of you see a veteran QB around? Let's pretend that Rodgers getting hurt everytime he touches the ball more is who he is instead of an anomaly. Are you going to throw Brian Brohm to the wolves straight out of Louisville?

I always hear "We've moved on...we've moved on" yet there isn't really any contingency plan for 2008 on the roster. Great job of moving on Teddy!

Seriously if the Packers went out and got an NFL ready QB to back-up Rodgers it would be easier for the fans backing Favre in this situation to realize that the team has indeed moved on.

servais77
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM

I foresee a showering of boos at halftime of the Vikings game if that scenario were to play out.

newdude
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Can you imagine his consecutive games started streak ending by being benched for Aaron friggin' Rodgers?

Let's say Favre will not be on the Packers roster come September.... Do any of you see a veteran QB around? Let's pretend that Rodgers getting hurt everytime he touches the ball more is who he is instead of an anomaly. Are you going to throw Brian Brohm to the wolves straight out of Louisville?

I always hear "We've moved on...we've moved on" yet there isn't really any contingency plan for 2008 on the roster. Great job of moving on Teddy!

Seriously if the Packers went out and got an NFL ready QB to back-up Rodgers it would be easier for the fans backing Favre in this situation to realize that the team has indeed moved on.

Now that would make me sick:pity:

SDteacher
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
So, do you guys think he will be a Packer this year? I know there is a strong number of people who want and think that he should be, but do you think he will? The interviews that I've seen this evening lead me to believe that he will never play a game for the Packers again. I really think it's time to stop being wishy-washy and move on to reality. Bickering about Favre and or TT is no good. I really hope A-rod has it.

newdude
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
So, do you guys think he will be a Packer this year? I know there is a strong number of people who want and think that he should be, but do you think he will? The interviews that I've seen this evening lead me to believe that he will never play a game for the Packers again. I really think it's time to stop being wishy-washy and move on to reality. Bickering about Favre and or TT is no good. I really hope A-rod has it.

From what TT is doing to try to persuade Favre to stay home, it's clear they really don't want him. So I really believe he won't be a Packer this year:cry: (Plz let me be wrong :pray:). But all there is is for TT to let him go to another team. But how long will that take is the question.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I think he's trying every last thing he can to be on the Packers this year. This whole thing is all so he can be our QB this year. He doesn't want a trade. He knows the team won't release him, thats why he uses that as a threat. He won't give the Pack a list of teams he would accept a trade to, because he's still trying to be our QB. God Bless him, I hope he keeps fighting and forces his way back in.

newdude
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, it's clear he wants to be in GB, but TT is pretty adamant in not wanting Favre. It's up to who flinch first.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I think TT will do whatever it takes to keep Favre out, even if that means destroying our team. Why we have someone with that mentality running our team is beyond me.

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
I think TT will do whatever it takes to keep Favre out, even if that means destroying our team. Why we have someone with that mentality running our team is beyond me.

Destroying our team? The exaggeration with some of you guys, good lord. It's like your taking your anger of this situation and assuming everyone else will be just as pissed off about it when thats not the case.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm just saying, thats where this thing is headed, and that guy seems like he'll go down crashing and burning before he let's Favre come back.

ryanph30
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Like getting himself run out of town..

BrewCityBuck
07-31-2008, 04:07 PM
How and the hell is Ted Thompson going to get run out of town? Our CEO is right in line with Thompson's decisions.

Ryan Diesel
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
How?? Any combination of Favre doing good and Rodgers doing bad next year, thats how.