PDA

View Full Version : To discuss Carpenter's return tomorrow.

BradJackson
07-29-2008, 04:26 PM
This is the most important start of the season.
It's our number one pitcher's first start of the season, right on time for the home stretch. Luckily were going up against a team that has struggled recently. Yet, they do have a fantastic home record. now 31-21 i believe after yesterday. (of course thanks to Chipper Jones and Brian Mccann, so we'll see) :clap:

Do you think he will get the W, the L, or the ND.
I would have to go for the W. The team will be backing him up more than ever. as long as he continues to throw strikes and keeps the walks down... and the K's up :p it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Can't really tell you how he is going to do, but I can say I'll be watching the game and will also be rooting for him. :)

Stl08
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
All I can say is Carp e diem! :smoking:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/pythonmaster19/carpenter_chris12.jpg

PujolsMVP5
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
I think he will do fine 5 maybe 6 innings and I think we should score enough to hold up a W for him but a ND would not surprise me either. There gonna judge him how he goes inning by inning not I dont think he's really on a picth count.

Vegasguy80
07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
He will go 6 easy if not 7. He pitched his last AAA game and went 6 in 70 pitches. Won't be a problem. He will be fine and I am ready to see him pitch.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 07:08 PM
He will go 6 easy if not 7. He pitched his last AAA game and went 6 in 70 pitches. Won't be a problem. He will be fine and I am ready to see him pitch.

I think just about everyone is. ;)

miamiD3413
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
i think he will get the win with our run support right now it will be a win ..i am going to watch it and support him the whole game.... go CARPENTER

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I got my new Carpenter sig to support him! :D

bpmd2k
07-29-2008, 09:40 PM
The season rests on this start basically. If he sucks, gets hurt, or isn't effective at all, we should basically become sellers because I know we aren't going to make any moves w/our cheap *** ownership. Penny Pinching is ingrained in the Dewitt's DNA... So I really hope for all of our sakes as well as For Carp himself that he pitches at least decent.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 10:11 PM
The season rests on this start basically. If he sucks, gets hurt, or isn't effective at all, we should basically become sellers because I know we aren't going to make any moves w/our cheap *** ownership. Penny Pinching is ingrained in the Dewitt's DNA... So I really hope for all of our sakes as well as For Carp himself that he pitches at least decent.

No it doesn't, not at all. They said Carpenter is healthy and all, but he's still rusty, it's gonna take past his first start to get back into the swing of things, in fact, the only reason Carp is starting tomorrow is because there are no better options at the moment, otherwise he'd still be in the minors tuning up, now, I'm not saying he isn't going to pitch well tomorrow, I'm just letting you know that if he doesn't pitch all that well, there is no reason to freak out, and start to bring up discussions about us turning into seller and what not, because even if he were to just be shut down for the rest of this year, we still have Wainwright coming back, and he is the ace of our staff.

bpmd2k
07-29-2008, 10:25 PM
No it doesn't, not at all. They said Carpenter is healthy and all, but he's still rusty, it's gonna take past his first start to get back into the swing of things, in fact, the only reason Carp is starting tomorrow is because there are no better options at the moment, otherwise he'd still be in the minors tuning up, now, I'm not saying he isn't going to pitch well tomorrow, I'm just letting you know that if he doesn't pitch all that well, there is no reason to freak out, and start to bring up discussions about us turning into seller and what not, because even if he were to just be shut down for the rest of this year, we still have Wainwright coming back, and he is the ace of our staff.

If he can't at least pitch kinda good, it is panic time because this is the braves AAA team... No Chipper, No McCann, No Tex... That is over a third of their offense gone (I am excluding the pitcher position in the lineup). So I not saying he has to be dominant but if he gives up 4 or 5 runs in 4 or 5 innings, not good at all.... I realize he is up here because him at like 70% is better than anyone we have in the minors, but If he sucks against the Braves team as it is composed now, what is he going to do against the Cubs and Brewers....? That is the main point I was trying to make. Also, it might have an effect on his psyche if he sucks tomorrow too, so that is why I am putting a lot of stock in this start.

ramsrock989
07-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, Carp's rehab is rushed, because our only options are Garcia, Boggs and Parisi... all of whom haven't been good. They'd rather see a not fully ready Carpenter than one of those young guys.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 10:30 PM
If he can't at least pitch kinda good, it is panic time because this is the braves AAA team... No Chipper, No McCann, No Tex... That is over a third of their offense gone (I am excluding the pitcher position in the lineup). So I not saying he has to be dominant but if he gives up 4 or 5 runs in 4 or 5 innings, not good at all.... I realize he is up here because him at like 70% is better than anyone we have in the minors, but If he sucks against the Braves team as it is composed now, what is he going to do against the Cubs and Brewers....? That is the main point I was trying to make. Also, it might have an effect on his psyche if he sucks tomorrow too, so that is why I am putting a lot of stock in this start.
Well obviously if he gives up 6-7 runs and gives up hit after hit than obviously something is wrong, but if he can just pitch 5-6 innings 4runs or less and he feels good, then there is nothing to worry about.

Yeah, Carp's rehab is rushed, because our only options are Garcia, Boggs and Parisi... all of whom haven't been good. They'd rather see a not fully ready Carpenter than one of those young guys.

Exactly, and it's not that Carp isn't 100% healthy, he is, and he is strong too, just hasn't polished his pitches yet.

bpmd2k
07-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Well obviously if he gives up 6-7 runs and gives up hit after hit than obviously something is wrong, but if he can just pitch 5-6 innings 4runs or less and he feels good, then there is nothing to worry about.

Again we are talking about the Braves minor leaguers. So All I am saying is that the team is totally excited about him returning, if he does well it will be a huge boost, which the team needs desperately. If he sucks, its just another blow to the team. They mount up and it could be a repeat of last year... So we all are in agreement that we want to see if do well so lets see how it plays out an hopefully he does well.

SportsFan1988
07-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Again we are talking about the Braves minor leaguers. So All I am saying is that the team is totally excited about him returning, if he does well it will be a huge boost, which the team needs desperately. If he sucks, its just another blow to the team. They mount up and it could be a repeat of last year... So we all are in agreement that we want to see if do well so lets see how it plays out an hopefully he does well.

No I'm pretty he's pitching against a major league team tomorrow. :D

bpmd2k
07-30-2008, 12:19 AM
No I'm pretty he's pitching against a major league team tomorrow. :D

Maybe you should check lineup again... lol :D