PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Monk?

msg021
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Has anyone been hearing anything about marcus monk, or even marcus harrison bowman or steltz latley. it seems as though its been all about forte and bennett and whats been said is real nice but i was just wondering if anything was heard about any of hte others

mikeybears
07-29-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah marcus harrison was accually starting with the first team yesturday and lovie was sayin he was looking good i seen harrison in practice and he is a huge body and is quick off the line

bears118
07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Actually Monk, is the only one i've heard nothing about. Even Hass is getting more coverage. I hope Monk gets a chance to at least get some decent reps as I think if the bears try and hide him on the practice squad then they someone is going to pick him up with a matter of days. Like David Ball after last season's pre-season, the jets took him and he's now second string for them.

Tankjeep
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
bennett was getting some coverage on the bears site. lovie likes what he sees in him as well.

DamnGoat
07-30-2008, 01:17 PM
As long as they don't do something stupid like cut Monk, then I'll be happy.

I get the feeling they're gonna just bury him on the depth chart though and he'll never play b/c our offensive coaches are mildly ********.

Yeah, he's a 7th Round Pick, but the dude has the talent to have gone much higher if it weren't for injuries.

As for Harrison, it won't be a surprise to me if he's starting next to Tommie Harris most of this upcoming season. He'll at least be in a nice 3 man rotation with Tommie and Dusty (assuming he doesn't get hurt the first game again).

Comcastman
07-30-2008, 02:21 PM
i saw monk at the training camp and he wasn't that impressive. I thought the guy was supposed to be really tall like 6'6/6'7? hes only 6'3; MAYBE 6'4 at the most. I have my money on him being cut. I was really excited about getting him at first but we've got too many average wrs.

Chi-Town Finest
07-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Wow, I really thought he was like 6'6 at least.

DamnGoat
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
i saw monk at the training camp and he wasn't that impressive. I thought the guy was supposed to be really tall like 6'6/6'7? hes only 6'3; MAYBE 6'4 at the most. I have my money on him being cut. I was really excited about getting him at first but we've got too many average wrs.
He's 6'4, but that's still pretty tall for a WR.

Most are in the 6'0 range.

msg021
07-30-2008, 04:02 PM
how bout steltz and bowman?

ds637
07-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Actually Monk, is the only one i've heard nothing about. Even Hass is getting more coverage. I hope Monk gets a chance to at least get some decent reps as I think if the bears try and hide him on the practice squad then they someone is going to pick him up with a matter of days. Like David Ball after last season's pre-season, the jets took him and he's now second string for them.

Isn't it funny how a team that actually has a few decent receivers can find a spot for Ball on their roster, but our genius offensive minds couldn't find him a spot when we had jack ****

superdude79
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Monk has a good shot of being placed on IR for the season if he is not fully healed from his injuries. The Bears have a few receivers expendable after this year (booker, Lloyd) so it might make sense for him to wait this one out. I hope they do not cut Haas.

Pran Raznor
07-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Isn't it funny how a team that actually has a few decent receivers can find a spot for Ball on their roster, but our genius offensive minds couldn't find him a spot when we had jack ****

Not funny, just sad:sigh: